Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ban on plastic straws

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So not only do i have to suffer the grossness of cardboard straws at maccies il have to do it everywhere its disgusting like sucking on a spitball in school and because its solid u get it everywhere if you can actually get anything up the fucking thing grrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrr hulk motherfucking smash

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Replacements don't have to be paper and don't get why adults are being such massive fannies about it tbh...

over a year ago

Just take the lid off and drink it like an adult

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"So not only do i have to suffer the grossness of cardboard straws at maccies il have to do it everywhere its disgusting like sucking on a spitball in school and because its solid u get it everywhere if you can actually get anything up the fucking thing grrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrr hulk motherfucking smash"

I feel your pain, hate them. I suppose we could take our own straws in

over a year ago

"Just take the lid off and drink it like an adult"

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Here's a thought. Don't use a straw at all, put the cup straight to your mouth

over a year ago

Life hack......

Get stopped for drink driving. Get brethalysed. Pass the breathalyser test. Take the plastic single use straw off the breath machine as it's now yours. Said plastic straw fits perfectly over the end of Maccy's paper straws

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"So not only do i have to suffer the grossness of cardboard straws at maccies il have to do it everywhere its disgusting like sucking on a spitball in school and because its solid u get it everywhere if you can actually get anything up the fucking thing grrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrr hulk motherfucking smash

I feel your pain, hate them. I suppose we could take our own straws in "

all straws are getting banned

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"Just take the lid off and drink it like an adult"

Doesn't always work with kids in the car

over a year ago

Be a big boy and drink without a straw then. Very easy.

Unless someone has special needs/is disabled, there’s no need for straws.

Also; god knows what you folk are doing with your cardboard straws, but I’ve never found an issue with them. Do you sit and chew on them or something?

over a year ago

"So not only do i have to suffer the grossness of cardboard straws at maccies il have to do it everywhere its disgusting like sucking on a spitball in school and because its solid u get it everywhere if you can actually get anything up the fucking thing grrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrr hulk motherfucking smash"

With you brother.

I'm away, stuff the cigarettes and alcohol, I'm filling my suitcase with plastic straws for the return trip.

over a year ago

"So not only do i have to suffer the grossness of cardboard straws at maccies il have to do it everywhere its disgusting like sucking on a spitball in school and because its solid u get it everywhere if you can actually get anything up the fucking thing grrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrrr grrrrrrrrrr hulk motherfucking smash

I feel your pain, hate them. I suppose we could take our own straws in all straws are getting banned"

Straws, cotton buds and something else, cant remember what

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I feel your pain, hate them. I suppose we could take our own straws in all straws are getting banned"

Oh no!

over a year ago

I feel your pain, hate them. I suppose we could take our own straws in all straws are getting banned

Straws, cotton buds and something else, cant remember what"

Drink stirrers, thats what else

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

That’s a pretty interesting definition of “suffer” you’re going with there!

By *ackdd72Man
over a year ago

the valleys

Just wait til they switch to paper lids instead of plastic ones then your day will be ruined

over a year ago

Yes we could drink out of the cups like adults but the cup isn’t really designed for the is it? Well it is it’s just like a glass but the whole reason we go into fast food places is you can walk out with milkshake in hand and casually slurp away while walking along, not having to worry about flies and shit getting into your drink (it’s even worse with actual liquids you can’t walk down the street with a lid of the cup looking shop windows can you?).

When you are in the ‘restaurant’ fine this can be done but not if you walking and drinking.

over a year ago

"Be a big boy and drink without a straw then. Very easy.

Unless someone has special needs/is disabled, there’s no need for straws.

Also; god knows what you folk are doing with your cardboard straws, but I’ve never found an issue with them. Do you sit and chew on them or something? "

I've used a few cardboard ones with no bother until yesterday when I had a milkshake, the straw didn't last half of the drink before collapsing and I ended up drinking from the cup. Not a problem as I wasn't driving at the time, I still prefer the card ones or use none at all.

over a year ago

"Replacements don't have to be paper and don't get why adults are being such massive fannies about it tbh... "

Key word: 'adults'.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I used one a couple of weeks ago and it was fine . Just buy a metal reusable one . I'd rather that than my plastic straw lining the stomach of a whale or dolphin

over a year ago

"I used one a couple of weeks ago and it was fine . Just buy a metal reusable one . I'd rather that than my plastic straw lining the stomach of a whale or dolphin "

Or ask for two straws

By *he Devils Daughter!Woman
over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 22/05/19 10:51:47]

By *he Devils Daughter!Woman
over a year ago

some where in yorkshire

It’s upset him that much about the straw he’s gone unlos!

over a year ago

"I used one a couple of weeks ago and it was fine . Just buy a metal reusable one . I'd rather that than my plastic straw lining the stomach of a whale or dolphin "

Or a tuna fish? Surely whales and dolphins and tuna are of equal importance?

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I used one a couple of weeks ago and it was fine . Just buy a metal reusable one . I'd rather that than my plastic straw lining the stomach of a whale or dolphin

Or a tuna fish? Surely whales and dolphins and tuna are of equal importance? "

Yes of course . I just couldnt be arsed to look up and list every species of animal that lives in seas and oceans .

over a year ago

"I used one a couple of weeks ago and it was fine . Just buy a metal reusable one . I'd rather that than my plastic straw lining the stomach of a whale or dolphin

Or a tuna fish? Surely whales and dolphins and tuna are of equal importance? Yes of course . I just couldnt be arsed to look up and list every species of animal that lives in seas and oceans ."

I bought some dolphin the other day, I hope no tuna were caught in the net and killed by mistake

over a year ago

Or a tuna fish? Surely whales and dolphins and tuna are of equal importance? Yes of course . I just couldnt be arsed to look up and list every species of animal that lives in seas and oceans .

I bought some dolphin the other day, I hope no tuna were caught in the net and killed by mistake"

You don’t want tuna tainting your dolphin

It’s like buying horse meat and chicken being in it

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Or a tuna fish? Surely whales and dolphins and tuna are of equal importance? Yes of course . I just couldnt be arsed to look up and list every species of animal that lives in seas and oceans .

I bought some dolphin the other day, I hope no tuna were caught in the net and killed by mistake"

Are you trying to make a point here ??

over a year ago

I bought some dolphin the other day, I hope no tuna were caught in the net and killed by mistake Are you trying to make a point here ??"

You could say that

https://youtu.be/DQR4-cl9ODc

Don't eat the tuna

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I bought some dolphin the other day, I hope no tuna were caught in the net and killed by mistake Are you trying to make a point here ??

You could say that

Don't eat the tuna"

I dont eat tuna anyway

over a year ago

I bought some dolphin the other day, I hope no tuna were caught in the net and killed by mistake Are you trying to make a point here ??

You could say that

Don't eat the tuna I dont eat tuna anyway "

That's OK, I don't eat dolphin

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

You could say that

Don't eat the tuna I dont eat tuna anyway

That's OK, I don't eat dolphin "

Good

over a year ago

Was this the final straw that made him go UNLOS ?

I thank you

over a year ago

Honestly I have nothing but disdain for anyone who thinks that being denied a plastic straw with your crappy McDonald's is an issue.

over a year ago

"Honestly I have nothing but disdain for anyone who thinks that being denied a plastic straw with your crappy McDonald's is an issue. "

The fact we still continue to use plastic carry bags in supermarkets is beyond me.

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Yes we could drink out of the cups like adults but the cup isn’t really designed for the is it? Well it is it’s just like a glass but the whole reason we go into fast food places is you can walk out with milkshake in hand and casually slurp away while walking along, not having to worry about flies and shit getting into your drink (it’s even worse with actual liquids you can’t walk down the street with a lid of the cup looking shop windows can you?).

When you are in the ‘restaurant’ fine this can be done but not if you walking and drinking. "

I see people drinking drinks without lids outdoors all the time. Maybe not walking, but that only makes it easier for something to fly I ti your drink.

But should pubs provide kids if people are taking drinks outside? You know, just to be safe?

By *carlet_heavenWoman
over a year ago

somewhere in the sticks

Hmmm...

Getting bored in night clubs made me realise that the only practical function of straws in hospitality is that it avoids staining/ damaging your teeth...

over a year ago

Leaving over paper straws that's a new one

over a year ago

"Was this the final straw that made him go UNLOS ?

I thank you"

over a year ago

"Just take the lid off and drink it like an adult

"

over a year ago

I just can do paper straws I cant touch wet 0aper of any sort, it's a phobia you can buy metal ones I'm.sure I hope

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"Here's a thought. Don't use a straw at all, put the cup straight to your mouth "

Youll be setting off a new trend with this i wonder why its never been thought of before pmsl. On another note i use alluminium straws at home

over a year ago

"Honestly I have nothing but disdain for anyone who thinks that being denied a plastic straw with your crappy McDonald's is an issue.

The fact we still continue to use plastic carry bags in supermarkets is beyond me. "

The milkshake lid is plastic. The carrot bag is plastic. But banning straws will save the world.

Post new Message to Thread