Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

I'm gonna miss the dog!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So as some of you know, I've been in Bulgaria visiting my folks for the past couple of months. It's been lovely but I fly home tomorrow.

I speak to at least one of my parents most days, but I'm really gonna miss their dog!

Her name's Honey, she's wonderful and I adore her!

Is it odd that I'm so attached to a dog that's not mine?

Or is it perfectly normal that I've got a proper sad on and am dreading saying goodbye to her tomorrow. There will be tears!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

Not at all. I love my dog. Instant bond. When my parents had a dog I loved him too.

Hes here now at my feet. My 2nd best boy.

Is there no way you could get your own when home?

over a year ago

"Not at all. I love my dog. Instant bond. When my parents had a dog I loved him too.

Is there no way you could get your own when home?"

I would love one!

I used to have a Frenchie called Bruce Wayne, he was my world but sadly passed away

I'm moving later this year and plan to adopt a pup once I'm settled.

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

"Not at all. I love my dog. Instant bond. When my parents had a dog I loved him too.

I would love one!

I used to have a Frenchie called Bruce Wayne, he was my world but sadly passed away

I'm moving later this year and plan to adopt a pup once I'm settled. "

Sounds like a good plan. My pup is 2 and a half. He's constantly by my side as I work from home and the best company and pick me up.

Just look forward to your pup. Wont be long.

over a year ago

I would love one!

I'm moving later this year and plan to adopt a pup once I'm settled.

Sounds like a good plan. My pup is 2 and a half. He's constantly by my side as I work from home and the best company and pick me up.

Just look forward to your pup. Wont be long."

Dogs are just the best!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

How i gt photo verified

over a year ago

Whatever you do don't listen to the song 'Honey'by Bobby Goldsboro

over a year ago

"Whatever you do don't listen to the song 'Honey'by Bobby Goldsboro "

I shan't!

over a year ago

I prefer dogs to humans most of the time

over a year ago

"I prefer dogs to humans most of the time "

Me too!

over a year ago

I made this quote up.***.

"It's impossible to 'own' a dog..

.. because you cannot 'own' a friend !

By *llaboutthewifeCouple
over a year ago

Cardiff

"I made this quote up.***.

"It's impossible to 'own' a dog..

.. because you cannot 'own' a friend !"

My dog owns me!

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

I love and miss my dog. He stayed in the matrimonial home. He misses me of course. He’s getting on a bit and just the thought of what’s to come in a couple of years is upsetting.

My daughters dog and I get on very well. Simply because I was walking her twice a day.

over a year ago

I sit on a country lane bench most days and it's got to the stage now as I can't go until I've said hello all the regular dogs .

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

"So as some of you know, I've been in Bulgaria visiting my folks for the past couple of months. It's been lovely but I fly home tomorrow.

I speak to at least one of my parents most days, but I'm really gonna miss their dog!

Or is it perfectly normal that I've got a proper sad on and am dreading saying goodbye to her tomorrow. There will be tears! "

Be brave.

over a year ago

"So as some of you know, I've been in Bulgaria visiting my folks for the past couple of months. It's been lovely but I fly home tomorrow.

Or is it perfectly normal that I've got a proper sad on and am dreading saying goodbye to her tomorrow. There will be tears! "

don't forget lots of pictures of Honey on your phone or a camera..(it's easy to forget if you're busy)!

over a year ago

Or is it perfectly normal that I've got a proper sad on and am dreading saying goodbye to her tomorrow. There will be tears! don't forget lots of pictures of Honey on your phone or a camera..(it's easy to forget if you're busy)!"

I have a tonne of pics and videos of her

over a year ago

No.. I miss my parents dog too.. Known her since a pup and was there the day she came home.

Shes not got much time left I'm afraid. Neither does my dog Oscar (who now lives with my boys and not me ) They're the same age. I don't think I could own another dog.. It hurts too much.

over a year ago

"No.. I miss my parents dog too.. Known her since a pup and was there the day she came home.

Shes not got much time left I'm afraid. Neither does my dog Oscar (who now lives with my boys and not me ) They're the same age. I don't think I could own another dog.. It hurts too much. "

It is horrendous when they pass away! But they bring so much joy, I think it's worth the pain.

I was heartbroken when my Brucey died, it took me years to be ready for another!

They are pure loyalty and love wrapped in fur!

over a year ago

"No.. I miss my parents dog too.. Known her since a pup and was there the day she came home.

Shes not got much time left I'm afraid. Neither does my dog Oscar (who now lives with my boys and not me ) They're the same age. I don't think I could own another dog.. It hurts too much.

It is horrendous when they pass away! But they bring so much joy, I think it's worth the pain.

I was heartbroken when my Brucey died, it took me years to be ready for another!

They are pure loyalty and love wrapped in fur! "

I know what you're saying, but still I can love other people's pets without the pain of having my own

over a year ago

They are pure loyalty and love wrapped in fur!

I know what you're saying, but still I can love other people's pets without the pain of having my own "

Absolutely! That's where I'm at for now!

over a year ago

Dogs are just amazing though, great company, non judgemental, unconditional love, and a great cuddle buddy, I just don't know what I would do without mine!

not surprised you will miss her

By *eeBee67Man
over a year ago

Masked and Distant

If you love the dog, you love the dog. Nothing wrong or odd with that.

That's why I dislike having pets, it's hard to say goodbye.

By *ebjonnsonMan
over a year ago

Maldon

Brothers and sisters be aware, never open your heart for a dog to tear.

over a year ago

"If you love the dog, you love the dog. Nothing wrong or odd with that.

That's why I dislike having pets, it's hard to say goodbye."

goob..geebu..gudber .. I find it hard to say goodbye

over a year ago

"I sit on a country lane bench most days and it's got to the stage now as I can't go until I've said hello all the regular dogs . "

Do the owners think it's a bit weird you talk to their dogs while their dog's curling one out?

over a year ago

"I sit on a country lane bench most days and it's got to the stage now as I can't go until I've said hello all the regular dogs .

Do the owners think it's a bit weird you talk to their dogs while their dog's curling one out?"

I've become friends now with some of the owners..

Post new Message to Thread