Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

More snowflakes

Jump to newest

By *entish79 OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Sorry, the other thread got too big, but I wanted to pick up on a definition provided:

“Anyone who has a sense of self inflated importance , entitlement , and who gets offended on behalf of every minority going.”

The stuff about self inflated importance and entitlement I hadn’t really heard before. I had though the metaphors revolves around being fragile, which seems at odds with self inflated importance and entitlement. What is it that “snowflakes” feel entitled to exactly?

Also, I realise that it’s meant as a label to describe people taking offence. But that isn’t really an example. When I asked for examples, I meant examples of the sorts of things that people are taking offence to too easily?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Not a clue fences are too much hard work to run from the cops with

over a year ago

Where's the line? People get slated for being snowflakes when they stick up for someone. Then no-one will stick up for people for fear of being called a snowflake. I think that's a shit situation.

over a year ago

"Where's the line? People get slated for being snowflakes when they stick up for someone. Then no-one will stick up for people for fear of being called a snowflake. I think that's a shit situation. "

over a year ago

The term snowflake began as a putdown for people usually on the left, who were easily offended and needed a safe space away from the realities of the world. So I think the term was relevant then and warranted, it’s now extended to anyone that complains about any subject. It’s pretty much always used by the right.

The term ‘gammon’ is probably the lefts equivalent to anyone to the right of them, no matter how reasonable the person they disagree with is being. It’s all bullshit and shows people can’t debate without using buzz words, designed to close the argument down.

over a year ago

"The term snowflake began as a putdown for people usually on the left, who were easily offended and needed a safe space away from the realities of the world. So I think the term was relevant then and warranted, it’s now extended to anyone that complains about any subject. It’s pretty much always used by the right.

The term ‘gammon’ is probably the lefts equivalent to anyone to the right of them, no matter how reasonable the person they disagree with is being. It’s all bullshit and shows people can’t debate without using buzz words, designed to close the argument down. "

over a year ago

You need Head and Shoulders.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"The term snowflake began as a putdown for people usually on the left, who were easily offended and needed a safe space away from the realities of the world. So I think the term was relevant then and warranted, it’s now extended to anyone that complains about any subject. It’s pretty much always used by the right.

The term ‘gammon’ is probably the lefts equivalent to anyone to the right of them, no matter how reasonable the person they disagree with is being. It’s all bullshit and shows people can’t debate without using buzz words, designed to close the argument down. "

Exactly this.

It's seemingly impossible to debate an argument without having labels thrown around intended to shut the other person down

People can't seem to engage with the topic rather than attacking the person, which to my mind says an awful lot about the people discussing.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

I never know this word (apart from it's literal meaning of snow flakes in winter) before joining fabs.

Thanks for the definition OP and other posters.

By *cgkcCouple
over a year ago

Hitchin

Gammon is more specific, aimed at the corpulent middle-aged gent in a constant state of high - dudgeon, always on hand with a mansplain.

By *entish79 OP   Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Where's the line? People get slated for being snowflakes when they stick up for someone. Then no-one will stick up for people for fear of being called a snowflake. I think that's a shit situation. "

This is exactly the problem I have with the term. It just gets bandied about over anything and everything, and belittles some actually serious issues.

over a year ago

People increasingly use it without actually knowing what it means, it merely displays ignorance.

By *onnie And Clyde9070Couple
over a year ago

Leeds

Don't eat the brown snow lol.

over a year ago

"Gammon is more specific, aimed at the corpulent middle-aged gent in a constant state of high - dudgeon, always on hand with a mansplain. "

It's also a little bit racist as well

over a year ago

"Where's the line? People get slated for being snowflakes when they stick up for someone. Then no-one will stick up for people for fear of being called a snowflake. I think that's a shit situation.

This is exactly the problem I have with the term. It just gets bandied about over anything and everything, and belittles some actually serious issues."

By *AABMan
over a year ago

Not far

Just another label used by those who think they are superior to the person they are labelling.

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

Who are snowflakes? They're not the sort of people who get offended, generalise and label people with dumb derogatory labels without attempting to see things from another person's shoes?

Wow they must dumb

Post new Message to Thread