FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

What’s the kindest thing a stranger has done for you ?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

A few years ago I was cycling in the middle of nowhere, in the depths of Winter, my tyre burst, I couldn’t repair it on the road side and i couldn’t get a phone signal, so I was a bit stranded.

After about half an hour of trying to fix my bike, a woman came up the lane walking her dog, and asked if I was okay, I explained the situation and she said she would drop me home. She walked back to the farm she lived on, about half a mile down the road, came and picked me and my bike up and dropped me home, which was about 11 miles away. All done like it was no trouble whatsoever.

So, what’s the kindest things a stranger has done for you ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Signed a contract that netted me 6k big thanks shame thrre rare as fook

over a year ago

"Signed a contract that netted me 6k big thanks shame thrre rare as fook"

Did you read the thread ?

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

South

An AA man stayed with me, got folk to lift the car off me and gave me his hanky to sob into when I got run over. He also used his coat to put under my head until ambulance arrived, and just basically kept me calm.

I never even got his name

over a year ago

When I was in lower 6th my step dad attacked my brother. I told social services, step-dad was arrested but not charged and I chose not to go back home. I spent a few months on friends couches until my social worker got me a room in a house share. Anyway, one day after I'd been away from home a few weeks this girl I didn't really know came up to me with a bunch of flowers. She said she'd heard what I was going through and she thought some flowers might cheer me up. She wanted me to know people were thinking of me. I cried, it was so lovely of her.

I was so quiet and shy at school. The fact that anyone had heard about what was happening was shocking enough, let alone someone being so thoughtful and taking the time to do that for me.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

When I was 18 a stranger gave me £10 to buy food at the airport after my purse was stolen. I bumped into him again later and tried to give him the change back and he gave me another £10.

over a year ago

Conclusive proof people in the forums only like talking about themselves.

over a year ago

Several years ago I was on a night out with some friends from work when I had my drink spiked, I had been on OJ all night so definitely not d*unk. I was a mess, could barely walk or talk and somehow got separated from the group I was with.

I found a bench to sit on hoping I'd be able to pull myself together and some guy started to hassle me, trying to feel me up and wouldn't bugger off. Another man came over, clearly seeing I was out of it and got rid of him, called me an ambulance and went with me to hospital. They kept me in overnight and when they released me the next morning the same chap who rescued me was still in the waiting room, wanting to check I was ok!

He ordered me a taxi to get home and got me a coffee (I'd lost my bag in town) and insisted on making sure he saw me safely home before going home himself.

I bumped into him again about 6 months later and bought him a pint, thoroughly lovely chap!

over a year ago

"Conclusive proof people in the forums only like talking about themselves. "

You did say what has a stranger done for YOU.

over a year ago

"Conclusive proof people in the forums only like talking about themselves.

You did say what has a stranger done for YOU."

that's what I thought

over a year ago

You did say what has a stranger done for YOU."

Yes, but it’s talking about someone else doing something good, if I asked what’s the kindest thing you’ve done, this thread would be full by now.

over a year ago

Saved my life...

By *uzukiNo1Woman
over a year ago

Rhyl

The Cocks back then.....whoop whoop

over a year ago

Gave my son and I a lift home in the absolute pouring rain, she said she lived near us but I’ve never seen her since and that was about 10 years ago.

over a year ago

In November 2017, I had to sell my beloved pair of really expensive wedding shoes I was meant to wear for our wedding in March 2018, when I bought them we had glowing funds but everything began getting a bit tight so I sold them, I asked the lady if on the 29th March she could wear them so I knew in my head they were worn on the day I wanted them to and she asked if she would like her to send them back to me for the wedding, I didn’t think for a moment she would.

A month before the wedding she messaged me and I got my shoes back! I sent them back to her a week later.

I was so touched by her kindness.

over a year ago

Back in the 1970s when I was around 10/11 ish.. I had to carry my (sadly dying) Alsatian/best friend from one end of Halifax to the other.. got over half way and she was getting heavier.. until a good Samaritan stopped his car and took me the rest of the way home.. never forget that kindness

By *educedWoman
over a year ago

Birmingham

Two families gave my son a kidney (the first was rejected unfortunately). It is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for me (and of course my son).

over a year ago

Paid for all my shopping in Iceland. She had lots of vouchers from her workplace given to her

over a year ago

"Two families gave my son a kidney (the first was rejected unfortunately). It is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for me (and of course my son). "

over a year ago

You did say what has a stranger done for YOU.

Yes, but it’s talking about someone else doing something good, if I asked what’s the kindest thing you’ve done, this thread would be full by now. "

Oh, you're talking about the evidence that isn't on the thread.

over a year ago

"Two families gave my son a kidney (the first was rejected unfortunately). It is the kindest thing anyone has ever done for me (and of course my son). "

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

I was driving on fumes to the gym . So pulled in for petrol put £20 in then went to pay . Forgot my wallet . There was an Asian chap , well dressed paid my fuel bill and told me to do something good for someone else . I insisted on his name and bank details . He reluctantly gave them me . Paid him back same day . Two years later he was the surgeon who operated on me !!!!! Thank god I paid him

By *ED00Woman
over a year ago

South Devon... Torbaydos

Booked a holiday to India last minuet but needed visas got chatting to a couple on trip advisor they lived round the corner from embassy in London and offered to go for us and stand in the cue. Still in touch now that was 8 yrs ago.

over a year ago

When in the army we was allowed some leave time if we had money to get home I blagged the sergeant and then tried hiding on the train but got caught and kicked off at Darlington a guy kindly picked me up as I tried hitchhiking and drop me off at Doncaster and gave me taxi money to get back to Sheffield never saw him again

By *astyEricMan
over a year ago

Hull

Got my wound dressed, don't know the bloke, but he was a medic, does that count

over a year ago

Resuscitated my daughter when we had a house fire. Took her to the fire station when she had her next birthday, to share it with them, and to thank them, as they made it possible xx

over a year ago

"I was driving on fumes to the gym . So pulled in for petrol put £20 in then went to pay . Forgot my wallet . There was an Asian chap , well dressed paid my fuel bill and told me to do something good for someone else . I insisted on his name and bank details . He reluctantly gave them me . Paid him back same day . Two years later he was the surgeon who operated on me !!!!! Thank god I paid him "

Wow !

and I love that quote "do something good for someone else"

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

This is a really heartwarming thread to read.

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

A few years ago my brother was in an awful car accident and placed in an induced coma. I didn't have my phone on me because I was working late; by the time I did I found out he had been moved to Cambridge and I needed to get there asap. The taxi driver that night refused to accept a penny and spent the journey talking to me about anything and everything and amused me with his singing. Each time an ambulance passed us I remember feeling like I was too late and had chosen my career over my family. He would kindly tell me I was talking bollocks. His kindness and compassion still means the world to me.

over a year ago

"Signed a contract that netted me 6k big thanks shame thrre rare as fook

Did you read the thread ?"

He was a stranger

over a year ago

Believe it or not no stranger has ever done anything for me .... But I've done alot for others

By *4nc3rCouple
over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

To be honest I've never really been in a situation where a stranger has needed to help me personally, except stuff like hand my lost bankcard in etc

However last year my then 4 Yr old son managed to break his left leg, contract measles (despite being vaccinated) and then break his right leg, all over the course of 10 weeks! He's very chatty and on leaving the hospital with the 2nd broken leg I was crying/laughing with him about it all while waiting for our lift home. A lady heard us and started chatting to him as I recounted the story of events to her- she was gobsmacked and gave him £10 to buy something to feel better - I tried to refuse several times but she was so insistent!

over a year ago

It wasn't just one person who was kind to me and my 11 year old son, it was a bus full of strangers. When on the way home from my son's hospital appointment in rush hour traffic my son had fallen asleep on the bus and fell as it went round a corner, he was on one of the higher up seats and hit his head on a curved step cracking his skull and causing a very very deep gash. There was blood all over the bus, my son lost conscious lbriefly, we hadn't even made it out of the city centre but an ambulance wouldn't come for 5 hours, i had used the last of my money to get us home, but everyone came to our aid, a woman gave us money for a taxi, there was a first aider on the bus, the bus driver wouldn't leave us until we got in the taxi, everyone was very patient.

By *ex HolesMan
over a year ago

Up North

Some strange lady let me give her a jolly good seeing to

over a year ago

"Signed a contract that netted me 6k big thanks shame thrre rare as fook

Did you read the thread ?"

over a year ago

"Some strange lady let me give her a jolly good seeing to "

bit harsh calling Theresa May strange

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"I was driving on fumes to the gym . So pulled in for petrol put £20 in then went to pay . Forgot my wallet . There was an Asian chap , well dressed paid my fuel bill and told me to do something good for someone else . I insisted on his name and bank details . He reluctantly gave them me . Paid him back same day . Two years later he was the surgeon who operated on me !!!!! Thank god I paid him

Wow !

and I love that quote "do something good for someone else" "

Yeh there’s something special about Karma ,, passing a good deed on ....

came across the same ethos in India on several occasions. Wonderful thoughtful people , very humbling

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Some strange lady let me give her a jolly good seeing to

bit harsh calling Theresa May strange"

I'm sure she has been called worse

Post new Message to Thread