Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Loneliness

Jump to newest

By *eggo3 OP   Man
over a year ago

denton

Hi all, interesting topic of conversation I think now that mental illness is thankfully openly talked about. It has taken me many years to realise my mindset as to why I was not good enough to have a partner after being told through my school and college years I was an ugly four eyes you believe it and maybe I am but your self esteem goes to zero. So swinging is great but is it often a lonely escape for single males? As often when I type these things had a drink or two

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *hickennchipsWoman
over a year ago

up above the streets and houses

It’s more of a let off steam thing for me...

By *eggo3 OP   Man
over a year ago

denton

Sure I can understand that

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

For me it provides an opportunity to get needs met that I don’t normally get met in every day life. However that opportunity rarely presents itself so I can feel a bit lonely from time to time, but thankfully it’s always short-lived.

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

OP you seem to be very popular now judging by all your verifications

over a year ago

Totally get this, mental abuse is a horrible thing hence why my confidence is so low and I find myself on here when I’m lonely

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS
over a year ago

London&Dublin

I totally understand what you meant.

However why not look at it from a different angle. Instead of calling it loneliness, call it solitude.

It's easier to embrace it.

**Just from personal experience.Sorry if this does not work in your culture.

By *eggo3 OP   Man
over a year ago

denton

Thank you. I would like to think I am a nice, genuine guy.

By *eggo3 OP   Man
over a year ago

denton

Appreciate your reply absolutely. A positive statement thank you.

over a year ago

Meggo, if you hit +quote you can reply to an individual post. It'll make make your replies make more sense.

By *eggo3 OP   Man
over a year ago

denton

Love your profile oily wanks now that is something! Thanks for the reply and yes it is. Thank goodness it is no so openly talked about. It is very damaging

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

They not to worry about how other people see you especially if they don't really know you.

It's how you feel about yourself that's really important. For me knowing that I'm an ok person helps me feel ok. Sadly there are lots of lonely people out there. We all deserve a little bit of inner peace and I hope that you find yours x

By *eggo3 OP   Man
over a year ago

denton

Thank you. Yes a lot more than we think as you generally think everyone else's life is perfect. And I do recall the saying you have to love yourself before anyone else can love you. x

By *tew008Man
over a year ago

edinburgh

Well I thought this site would be fun and add to my social life by introducing some more liberated folks. Only been demoralizing and don’t stay on for long stretches. I wouldn’t recommend any lonely guy to use fab.

over a year ago

"Well I thought this site would be fun and add to my social life by introducing some more liberated folks. Only been demoralizing and don’t stay on for long stretches. I wouldn’t recommend any lonely guy to use fab."

I think that's great advise. Fab is a great site when kept in a healthy perspective, but definitely would be detrimental if your feeling down inside...kind of like drinking when you're feeling blue.

Swinging / recreational NSA sex sites and communities are really only suited to being a modest component of a single person's life. It's unhealthy to view it as a potential substitute to a good circle of everyday friends or a void-filler to a fullfilling romantic relationship if that's an avenue you are open to.

I hope you can work on expanding your social life in the vanilla world OP and avoid those kinds of negative unhappy people who have wrongly ran you down in the past.

By *eggo3 OP   Man
over a year ago

denton

Great advice thanks

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Well I thought this site would be fun and add to my social life by introducing some more liberated folks. Only been demoralizing and don’t stay on for long stretches. I wouldn’t recommend any lonely guy to use fab."

I wouldn't recommend any lonely person or those with "issues" to use Fab as a panacea as it can make it worse, as witnessed daily on here.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

"Well I thought this site would be fun and add to my social life by introducing some more liberated folks. Only been demoralizing and don’t stay on for long stretches. I wouldn’t recommend any lonely guy to use fab.

I think that's great advise. Fab is a great site when kept in a healthy perspective, but definitely would be detrimental if your feeling down inside...kind of like drinking when you're feeling blue.

Swinging / recreational NSA sex sites and communities are really only suited to being a modest component of a single person's life. It's unhealthy to view it as a potential substitute to a good circle of everyday friends or a void-filler to a fullfilling romantic relationship if that's an avenue you are open to.

I hope you can work on expanding your social life in the vanilla world OP and avoid those kinds of negative unhappy people who have wrongly ran you down in the past."

Well said.

over a year ago

I think swinging is both a stress release and escape for many people.

By *Man1263Man
over a year ago

Stockport

"Well I thought this site would be fun and add to my social life by introducing some more liberated folks. Only been demoralizing and don’t stay on for long stretches. I wouldn’t recommend any lonely guy to use fab.

I hope you can work on expanding your social life in the vanilla world OP and avoid those kinds of negative unhappy people who have wrongly ran you down in the past."

This

It's why I have said in the past if anyone is having a bad day and want's a chat (female or male) or a hug (in person) then happy to have a natter.

Won't make up for "real life" mate's, but sometimes just talking to someone helps.

By *eggo3 OP   Man
over a year ago

denton

Agreed .

Post new Message to Thread