Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Weight loss

Jump to newest

By *ookin4funABC OP   Man
over a year ago

Worksop

So I'm currently on a mission to lose weight, I've been dieting now for about 7 weeks and been going to the gym for about 6, so far I have lost a few ounce over a stone, does anybody have any tips for the slower weeks? Sometimes I'll lose a pound in 2 days and sometime I'll lose less than a pound in a full week, any ideas would be great, (I started at 14 stone 7lbs, and I'm trying to get to 12 stone in case anyone cares haha)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Sex every day. Best diet ever

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Look over the long term not the short term. What can you sustain, what do you enjoy? What are you getting out of it other than weight loss?

I'm working on losing weight. My numbers aren't going down, but my clothes are getting much looser, my muscles more prominent, and I feel great. Sod the scales.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"So I'm currently on a mission to lose weight, I've been dieting now for about 7 weeks and been going to the gym for about 6, so far I have lost a few ounce over a stone, does anybody have any tips for the slower weeks? Sometimes I'll lose a pound in 2 days and sometime I'll lose less than a pound in a full week, any ideas would be great, (I started at 14 stone 7lbs, and I'm trying to get to 12 stone in case anyone cares haha)"

80% of weight loss happens through diet. Dump carbs and measure inches. Have a look at Diet Doctor, Ivor Cummings, Jason Fung, Tim Noakes to name but a few.

over a year ago

I believe a consistent 2-3lb a week is a good approach. I dropped from 16st to 11st. Put a little of it back on. Youtube has all the content you’ll need. Eat well, drink enough water. Explore different types of exercise and sleep well.

The slow consistent approach is the best imo but mainly what I’ve learnt along the way is (as cliche as it sounds) love your body and appreciate the way it changes. Don’t hate it because it doesn’t fit the instagram model mould thrust in peoples faces 24/7

over a year ago

I am at my strongest, slimmest and and healthiest when I low carb and do 5:2 fasting. Lots of nutrient rich veg, nuts and seeds, legumes, some animal protein, lots of olive oil.

over a year ago

Worksop

"Look over the long term not the short term. What can you sustain, what do you enjoy? What are you getting out of it other than weight loss?

I'm working on losing weight. My numbers aren't going down, but my clothes are getting much looser, my muscles more prominent, and I feel great. Sod the scales."

See I've tried without the scales and given up about a month in because I wasn't sure if my body was changing or not, but this time I know what I'm doing is working to some extent, just don't want to get dishartened because progress is slow

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Look over the long term not the short term. What can you sustain, what do you enjoy? What are you getting out of it other than weight loss?

I'm working on losing weight. My numbers aren't going down, but my clothes are getting much looser, my muscles more prominent, and I feel great. Sod the scales.

See I've tried without the scales and given up about a month in because I wasn't sure if my body was changing or not, but this time I know what I'm doing is working to some extent, just don't want to get dishartened because progress is slow "

See for me at the moment, the scales aren't really moving but my clothes are suddenly falling off...

over a year ago

People are impatient

Sustained and sustainable weight loss takes time

Keep at it and be patient

over a year ago

Worksop

"Sex every day. Best diet ever "

I wish haha, don't really feel comfortable enough with my own body, although around 4 years ago I weighed closer to 17 stone so it could be worse haha

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

Lower your carb intake. Keep your meals mostly protein, fibre and non-saturated fats. Allow yourself a bit more carbs when you go to the gym though. I don't eat meat so my best foods are things like broccoli, cauliflower cheese, omelettes and frittatas, nuts, low carb meat substitutes like quorn (none of the breaded stuff though), salmon, eggs, spinach, feta cheese, halloumi, olives, etc. When I do an intense workout I'll add some things like sweet potato, wholemeal pasta, etc.

over a year ago

Worksop

See I've tried without the scales and given up about a month in because I wasn't sure if my body was changing or not, but this time I know what I'm doing is working to some extent, just don't want to get dishartened because progress is slow

See for me at the moment, the scales aren't really moving but my clothes are suddenly falling off... "

I've definitely noticed my clothes being looser, but it's hard to notice a change in your body when you see it everyday, I've never felt good about my body, so when I stared dieting i didn't take any pictures because it just made me feel shitty, so I don't have anything from before to see the progress

over a year ago

"Sex every day. Best diet ever

I wish haha, don't really feel comfortable enough with my own body, although around 4 years ago I weighed closer to 17 stone so it could be worse haha "

Just turn the lights off. That's what I do

over a year ago

Worksop

I wish haha, don't really feel comfortable enough with my own body, although around 4 years ago I weighed closer to 17 stone so it could be worse haha

Just turn the lights off. That's what I do "

Can still feel the jiggly bits even in the dark haha

over a year ago

Cut out carbs eat mainly fruit.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"Lower your carb intake. Keep your meals mostly protein, fibre and non-saturated fats. Allow yourself a bit more carbs when you go to the gym though. I don't eat meat so my best foods are things like broccoli, cauliflower cheese, omelettes and frittatas, nuts, low carb meat substitutes like quorn (none of the breaded stuff though), salmon, eggs, spinach, feta cheese, halloumi, olives, etc. When I do an intense workout I'll add some things like sweet potato, wholemeal pasta, etc."

Non saturated fats are poison to humans. Heat treated and compressed seed oils are poison.

There is one one bit of GOOD evidence that supports eating PUFA's and plenty that supports eating sat fat.

Carbs are not necessary for humans at all.

Read about gluconeogenesis.

over a year ago

Can still feel the jiggly bits even in the dark haha "

Then have sex with someone who also has jiggly bits. Lose weight together

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"Cut out carbs eat mainly fruit."

Fruit is carbs and the fructose in it is metabolised only by the liver and causes NAFLD; non alcoholic fatty liver disease.

over a year ago

"Lower your carb intake. Keep your meals mostly protein, fibre and non-saturated fats. Allow yourself a bit more carbs when you go to the gym though. I don't eat meat so my best foods are things like broccoli, cauliflower cheese, omelettes and frittatas, nuts, low carb meat substitutes like quorn (none of the breaded stuff though), salmon, eggs, spinach, feta cheese, halloumi, olives, etc. When I do an intense workout I'll add some things like sweet potato, wholemeal pasta, etc.

Non saturated fats are poison to humans. Heat treated and compressed seed oils are poison.

There is one one bit of GOOD evidence that supports eating PUFA's and plenty that supports eating sat fat.

Carbs are not necessary for humans at all.

Read about gluconeogenesis."

bloody Phil Collins gets everywhere

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

See for me at the moment, the scales aren't really moving but my clothes are suddenly falling off...

I've definitely noticed my clothes being looser, but it's hard to notice a change in your body when you see it everyday, I've never felt good about my body, so when I stared dieting i didn't take any pictures because it just made me feel shitty, so I don't have anything from before to see the progress "

Maybe try measurements? Some gyms have machines that can estimate your body fat percentage too. Not sure how that works though as I've never used them.

over a year ago

"So I'm currently on a mission to lose weight, I've been dieting now for about 7 weeks and been going to the gym for about 6, so far I have lost a few ounce over a stone, does anybody have any tips for the slower weeks? Sometimes I'll lose a pound in 2 days and sometime I'll lose less than a pound in a full week, any ideas would be great, (I started at 14 stone 7lbs, and I'm trying to get to 12 stone in case anyone cares haha)"

Calorie control until you get used to the feeling of not eating too many calories. It’s realky hard, but ask at the gym for a diet plan and make it your lifestyle.

over a year ago

Worksop

Then have sex with someone who also has jiggly bits. Lose weight together "

I'll start a forum post for jiggly people that want to loose weight together hahaha

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"So I'm currently on a mission to lose weight, I've been dieting now for about 7 weeks and been going to the gym for about 6, so far I have lost a few ounce over a stone, does anybody have any tips for the slower weeks? Sometimes I'll lose a pound in 2 days and sometime I'll lose less than a pound in a full week, any ideas would be great, (I started at 14 stone 7lbs, and I'm trying to get to 12 stone in case anyone cares haha)

Calorie control until you get used to the feeling of not eating too many calories. It’s realky hard, but ask at the gym for a diet plan and make it your lifestyle."

The CICO thing has been debunked over and over too. Human thermodynamics simply don't work that way.

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

"Cut out carbs eat mainly fruit.

Fruit is carbs and the fructose in it is metabolised only by the liver and causes NAFLD; non alcoholic fatty liver disease.

"

Some berries like strawberries, raspberries and blueberries are okay on a low carb diet .

over a year ago

I'll start a forum post for jiggly people that want to loose weight together hahaha"

I mean you're on a right site for some steamy sessions search

over a year ago

"

interesting

over a year ago

My barber had lost 15 kilos in 2 months. He was a bit over weight but there's nothing wrong with that. I've been going to him since 6 and half years.. I've seen the customers lose their hair over the 6 years but he always had the same weight. This year for his new years resolution. He stopped taking sugar and cut out meat of all sorts. I went to the shop after 2 months. I remember there was guy outside the shop looking at me smiling and I gave him that typical Londoner dirty eye we are rude by default sadly. I thought to myself as I walked in who was that dickhead. I go inside the shop and my barber isn't there. I ask the other one where he is and he said you just walked past him .I turned around and he was looking at me laughing. He had lost so much weight out of the blue. I didnt realise. All he did was take out all forms of sugar except fruit and meat from his diet. No milk either and if you're gonna have. Redbull go for the sugar free one. Stuff like that.

over a year ago

Worksop

I'll start a forum post for jiggly people that want to loose weight together hahaha

I mean you're on a right site for some steamy sessions search "

Tried my best with curvier women in the past, alot prefer the more buff type these days, seems like there's not much room for "dad bods" on this site

over a year ago

5:2 works for me

I don’t restrict as such on a Saturday and Sunday

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Some berries like strawberries, raspberries and blueberries are okay on a low carb diet ."

Most berries are lower in carbs so way better than all other fruits but they still contain fructose, especially now we have berries grown for their sweetness and not the bitter ones our ancestors would have eaten.

I'm coming up to 11 years of an almost no carb diet, used to weigh almost 21 stones and my blood lipids and health is better now approaching my 60's than it was in my 30's.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

What are you doing in the gym, and how often are you going?

over a year ago

Tried my best with curvier women in the past, alot prefer the more buff type these days, seems like there's not much room for "dad bods" on this site "

Dad Bod?

You're 22!

Oh, and don't pin your own insecurities about your weight on women

There's plenty out there that like a chunky dunk

over a year ago

Tried my best with curvier women in the past, alot prefer the more buff type these days, seems like there's not much room for "dad bods" on this site "

Dad bod? You're 22..

over a year ago

Ignore the scales, you can weigh differently at different times of the day.

Keep up with the gym and eating healthy. We find that just one meal a day has worked for us as a lifestyle change not a diet.

Everyone is different but I'm sure you will find what works for you.

over a year ago

Worksop

Tried my best with curvier women in the past, alot prefer the more buff type these days, seems like there's not much room for "dad bods" on this site

Dad bod? You're 22.. "

I know but I'm of a more rotund shape haha, I don't mean actual dad bod, just not in shape haha

over a year ago

Dad bod? You're 22..

I know but I'm of a more rotund shape haha, I don't mean actual dad bod, just not in shape haha"

Then stop moaning and start moving.

over a year ago

Worksop

"What are you doing in the gym, and how often are you going?"

I normally do 3 days of cardio exercise, treadmill, cycling and stair master, 20 minutes of each on those 3 days, and I do 1 day of weight training, and I do bodyweight exercises at home, pull ups push ups dips, things like that

over a year ago

Worksop

Dad bod? You're 22..

I know but I'm of a more rotund shape haha, I don't mean actual dad bod, just not in shape haha

Then stop moaning and start moving."

I am haha, I've lost a stone so far, believe me I'm putting the effort in

Post new Message to Thread