Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

First tattoo, what and why?

Jump to newest

By *untime5 OP   Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

Got my first tattoo today. A geometric cobra to remember a week long party in the desert around a giant wooden snake that afterwards we burnt to the ground.

What was your first tat and why?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

My tramp stamp actually still love it and have had a tonne of more work done since then..

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

The Thai characters for Muay Thai on my shoulder, after passing my first exam in it. Many moons ago now..

By *untime5 OP   Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

"My tramp stamp actually still love it and have had a tonne of more work done since then.. "

It’s still looking good

over a year ago

First tattoo was also a tramp stamp lower back of a heart in either ice or bones now i can't remember was 17 at the time and just because I wanted a tattoo but something different had to be hidden from parents

over a year ago

"My tramp stamp actually still love it and have had a tonne of more work done since then..

It’s still looking good "

I love it.. reminds me of a time and place.. not quite worked it into the backpiece just yet..

over a year ago

A British bulldog when I was 14. Thought it was a clever tattoo to get. All covered up now with a sleeve.

By *heklangsCouple
over a year ago

Liverpool

My son's names on my foot..Mrs K

By *ewkesbury cowboyMan
over a year ago

Tewkesbury

Scorpion. As I am a scorpio

By *untime5 OP   Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

"First tattoo was also a tramp stamp lower back of a heart in either ice or bones now i can't remember was 17 at the time and just because I wanted a tattoo but something different had to be hidden from parents "

I’m pushing 40 and still got one that I can hide from my mum

over a year ago

I went in hard

12 hours

Full lower leg tattoo

Polynesian styley

Hand drawn (no pattern / tracing)

Still my favourite

By *untime5 OP   Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

"A British bulldog when I was 14. Thought it was a clever tattoo to get. All covered up now with a sleeve. "

That’s some seriously impressive ejaculatinfg going on there

over a year ago

Mine was a butterfly on my arm.

Literally just picked a small one from the flash art in the studio when I was 18. Knew I wanted lots and just wanted to know how painful they were. It's pretty cute and has aged well. No meaning to it but I still like it

over a year ago

Paw prints on my tits, because why not

over a year ago

Its on my arm i was bored

over a year ago

I went to the same tattooist that East 17 went to in Walthamstow when I was 18 and I didn’t really know what I wanted, I wanted a tattoo and didn’t care what. On the wall was the same tattoo that Ronan Keating had first on his arm, it says warrior, I got it done on the side of my right leg and I loved it (got a lot more done since but nothing as ‘silly’ as that one) and I still love it, I rarely look at it to be honest but always makes me smile of a time that I was off having a blast following my boybands around having the time of my life while all other girls my age was getting pissed in clubs lol.

I was most annoyed when Ronan for his covered up though

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan
over a year ago

Aylesbury

The Royal International Air Tattoo at Fairford when I was a kid. I like planes

over a year ago

A dreadful rose on my hip when I was 17 , then waited until I was in my 30s got a couple of small ones on my wrist then waited until in my 40s and got a tonne more, nearly a sleeve on right arm more to be added to my left when I can afford it !

By *imon the welderMan
over a year ago

Northampton

The bar code from Marlboro reds on my right shoulder 25 odd years ago

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Yet to get my first - would like one but can never decide what would look good and until I do I shall remain ink free

over a year ago

A web to my left boob when I was 19. Freehand. The significance of a web being obvious x Still have it. Had most of my earlier tattoos covered up, but kept that one. The artist retired, a legend. Lol, when he first showed me a template he’d drawn up, I said it was a bit big, he looked at my boobs and said “I was gonna say...” forgot the template, drew it smaller and freehand and the size hasn’t altered, lol xx

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

Mine was a Chinese good luck symbol when I was 18 when they were all the rage, followed by a tribal thing that goes around it, none of mine were really thought out beyond an 18/19 year old trying to be cool. I don't hate them but I am looking for a proper piece of art to cover them, when I finally settle on what I want

over a year ago

Lol tramp stamp too.. butterfly as I love them.. love tattoos would be covered in but not partners thing... xxx

over a year ago

My quote "smile it might never happen"

Means u should smile weather u get what u want or not

By *arlo82Couple
over a year ago

the gym and random places

My son's name ....20 years ago. Mainly because I always said if I got a tattoo it would be something to do with my kids if I had them.. lo and behold I did

over a year ago

A tiny heart with a dagger through it, just because it was small and not girlie like all the other small designs at the time

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Not had one yet. If and when I do, it will be the Chinese flag. It'll help when they eventually take over the world.

That, or some of the cartoon characters from the Red Meat comic strips.

By *ustme34Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Tribal upper sleeve o drew myself at 17 and to piss parents off .... saving for a cover iup but other tattoos have go in the way of that upto now so stil got it

over a year ago

Something that reminds me how badly someone can fuck something up but at the same time reminds me to never give up hope.

over a year ago

My whole right arm in one session, doesn’t mean anything I just want tattoos

over a year ago

I got my first a few months ago.

It's an unalome with a lotus flower. It's on my wrist.

I love it and planning more

over a year ago

Had my first at 17, peer pressure in the Navy, getting it covered up at the mo, looks rubbish

By *untime5 OP   Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

"Had my first at 17, peer pressure in the Navy, getting it covered up at the mo, looks rubbish"

Haha, I’ve got a lot of ex sailor mates with gash tats. One of the lads I joined the army with had tweetypie on one pec and Frankenstein on the other. I think I’m glad I waited a bit

over a year ago

I ha the standard valleys issue Welsh dragon, was hideous

over a year ago

Tried to have one done when I was eighteen. Ten years ago decided to try again and had a bluebell design on arm and back because I love wild flowers. Wanting to have more.

over a year ago

Was it the pain that put you off?

over a year ago

Yes it was, the tattooist started and did a small line. I went with ex husband and we were getting each others names done, it could have been a sign lol

By *untime5 OP   Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

"I ha the standard valleys issue Welsh dragon, was hideous "

Haha, I’m friends with the girl with the dragon tattoo. It’s on her arse cheek Not quite the same as the book

over a year ago

Had my wife's name tattooed on my arm at xmas. After 19 years, I think she's a keeper

over a year ago

I ddd that after 2 years, which was two years before my divorce from her

By *inkysexpotMan
over a year ago

leeds

Got a dragon on my right arm when I was 19 and it's in memory of a good friend who passed

By *osie xWoman
over a year ago

wolverhampton

A vine design armband when I was 24. They advised me the green and yellow would eventually absorb after about 25 years being light colours so the recolour will be browns and oranges.

We’ll age together

By *ighland gentlemanMan
over a year ago

Ardgay

Still thinking about it'

over a year ago

I dot get tattoos for meanings i get tattoos for the artistic side and to decorate my boring skin

over a year ago

A horrible green heart thing I had as a dare when I was 16. Covered up with a memorial tattoo for my mum after she died.

They are addictive though I now have 4 areas Tattooed. I want more

over a year ago

"I dot get tattoos for meanings i get tattoos for the artistic side and to decorate my boring skin "

Yes and yes, a lot of people ask what my arm tattoo is f**cked if I know, looks cool though

over a year ago

"I dot get tattoos for meanings i get tattoos for the artistic side and to decorate my boring skin

Yes and yes, a lot of people ask what my arm tattoo is f**cked if I know, looks cool though "

I hate the stigma of “a tattoo has to have a meaning” no it doesnt haha i have around 50 tattoos mow all without meanings

over a year ago

Baying wolf at full moon with shumanitouthanka.. Dances with wolves.. Why? Im a woodsman and the wolf is the animal parallel to my life, the full moon because I react to them, get hyper, restless and dances with wolves because I m a dancer

over a year ago

None, because I've no interest in getting any.

over a year ago

Scull with a chequered flag behind , wrapped around with a piston crashing through and 13 on.

Reason- i drag race, my numbers 13 and im a fearless nut job apparently

By *astyEricMan
over a year ago

Hull

Eagle - just because Eagle fly free

By *r and Mrs A HornyCouple
over a year ago

coventry

M was his chest and back. It his life story to him. Mine a little one on the small of my back like most girls. Xx

over a year ago

My koi was my first tattoo. I didn't get it till I was thirty two, but I don't regret that. Got it because I wanted something big and able to cover the length of my bicep, and cover the scarring. I got it finished off with a blue chrysanthemum on the inside of my bicep, to make it a half sleeve. Since then I've had six more, and still got loads of ideas to carry on with. I've just been stuck with lack of funds for the last year, and more recently limited mobility of my right arm, which means I can't move it into positions to get work done on it

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Japanese dragon on my shoulder

Then I had a Chinese one on my back

By *r and Mrs A HornyCouple
over a year ago

coventry

"I dot get tattoos for meanings i get tattoos for the artistic side and to decorate my boring skin

Yes and yes, a lot of people ask what my arm tattoo is f**cked if I know, looks cool though "

Love the leg

over a year ago

Yes and yes, a lot of people ask what my arm tattoo is f**cked if I know, looks cool though

I hate the stigma of “a tattoo has to have a meaning” no it doesnt haha i have around 50 tattoos mow all without meanings "

I do have swallows on my hands which have meaning, the rest tho are just there to make my skin less boring ??

over a year ago

Mine was the Eye of Horus after a particularly good holiday touring Egypt

By *astyEricMan
over a year ago

Hull

I hate the stigma of “a tattoo has to have a meaning” no it doesnt haha i have around 50 tattoos mow all without meanings

I do have swallows on my hands which have meaning, the rest tho are just there to make my skin less boring ?? "

What's the meaning of swallows? If you don't mind me asking

over a year ago

My first tattoo was a fairly simple tribal design around 20 years ago. The why was nothing more than wanting a tattoo. Quite likely my next tattoo will be getting that one reworked

By *untime5 OP   Man
over a year ago

Cornwall

"

What's the meaning of swallows? If you don't mind me asking"

Not that

over a year ago

I hate the stigma of “a tattoo has to have a meaning” no it doesnt haha i have around 50 tattoos mow all without meanings "

This. I telly hate the notion that a tattoo needs a story. It's art and not all art has a story.

My sleep is predominantly done in the style of an Escher. Why? Partly because I love Escher but mainly because when I went and discussed ideas with my tattooist he suggested it and I relied it would look different and in my eyes very cool.

over a year ago

It's 5000 nautical miles travelled at sea per swallow

over a year ago

"

What's the meaning of swallows? If you don't mind me asking

Not that "

By *mileyculturebelfastMan
over a year ago

belfast

"A British bulldog when I was 14. Thought it was a clever tattoo to get. All covered up now with a sleeve. "

Same as me. British bulldog with union flag. Still got it. Was same age too.

By *oved Up 2Couple
over a year ago

nottingham

Dolphin diving into my cleavage just because I love dolphins

over a year ago

One that looked like a spider, but as you looked closer you could see that the body of the spider was a skull

I got it because A) I was a little gothy and B) to represent that there's normally more to something than meets the eye, and if you look closely enough you'll find it

P

Post new Message to Thread