Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Grin or grimace

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Any other husbands buckle under the strain of a menopausal wife?

This is just for husbands to reply who though supportive actually find it tough (or not) going when their partner continually lashes out.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Lashes out how?

By *kbull2000Man
over a year ago

Carluke

The ex wife and I bought a static caravan. Never thought I'd get old enough to enjoy one but when it got too much, I'd spend a few days sitting outside it, on the decking. Smoking cigars and sipping whisky.

She never made any issue of it. She understood completely. She even admitted how her previous attempts to co-rent and student digs had ended in disaster.

I knew divorce was inevitable when I began commuting from work to the caravan

over a year ago

A sanctuary can definitely be a necessity.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Couldn't resist popping my head in...you know as I'm a prei menopausal woman. Anyhow I'm out of here give you guys some space x

over a year ago

"Couldn't resist popping my head in...you know as I'm a prei menopausal woman. Anyhow I'm out of here give you guys some space x"

Thanks x

By *kbull2000Man
over a year ago

Carluke

"Couldn't resist popping my head in...you know as I'm a prei menopausal woman. Anyhow I'm out of here give you guys some space x"

Lol....couldn't resist. I'm not gonna state the obvious

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Just one final thought. It's not nice for anyone male or female if they are caught up in the kind of emotion or lack of it that can menopause can cause x

over a year ago

Indeed not. But I was promoted to post as my wife saw her doctor (female). The Dr simply said "count himself lucky you are not worse". But it is worse. I lost my 2nd sister to cancer, my mum to horrible dementia, my dad to cancer. Then I lost my job. My wife of recent years now has very angry menopausal reactions. Worse? Well thankfully I have an allotment!

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Grimace like at mcdonalds

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"Indeed not. But I was promoted to post as my wife saw her doctor (female). The Dr simply said "count himself lucky you are not worse". But it is worse. I lost my 2nd sister to cancer, my mum to horrible dementia, my dad to cancer. Then I lost my job. My wife of recent years now has very angry menopausal reactions. Worse? Well thankfully I have an allotment!"

That all sounds pretty shit for you. Try and hang in there it will get easier.

over a year ago

I feel like the last outpost of the French Foreign Legion. Hanging on is what I do .

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

"I feel like the last outpost of the French Foreign Legion. Hanging on is what I do ."

Sometimes that's all you can do x

Post new Message to Thread