Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Pringles

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Once you pop you just can't stop....and so it seems with wallets too....Kellogs are to pay £1.7 billion for Pringles...... ...... recession....what recession

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I don't see the appeal of the things myself, yes they are nibbles but there are much tastier things out there to nibble on.

over a year ago

Pringles are like your first wank, once you pop you just can't stop!

over a year ago

"Once you pop you just can't stop....and so it seems with wallets too....Kellogs are to pay £1.7 billion for Pringles...... ...... recession....what recession "

People still eat recession or not.

over a year ago

Did you not know? The rich usualy do very well out of recesions. They have money and so can snap up all of these cheap assets......

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

Watch out for the extra tasty special K pringles...

Now you can wear red, but your buttons will pop, and won't stop!

Wolf

over a year ago

"Did you not know? The rich usualy do very well out of recesions. They have money and so can snap up all of these cheap assets......"

Why so aggressive? Its a corporate takeover by a company not an individual.

over a year ago

"Did you not know? The rich usualy do very well out of recesions. They have money and so can snap up all of these cheap assets......

Why so aggressive? Its a corporate takeover by a company not an individual. "

Kinda works the same......A couple of times I have worked for smaller companied and when they get taken over the smaller company is usualy trimmed by the bigger (not that pringles are small, but..........)

Not intending to be agresive btw, I am just very forthright at times........

over a year ago

"Did you not know? The rich usualy do very well out of recesions. They have money and so can snap up all of these cheap assets......

Kinda works the same......A couple of times I have worked for smaller companied and when they get taken over the smaller company is usualy trimmed by the bigger (not that pringles are small, but..........)

Not intending to be agresive btw, I am just very forthright at times........"

Its not though is it, the The W.K. Kellogg Foundation is one of the largest single share holders. You could be right with forthright being another word for aggressive.

over a year ago

Its not though is it, the The W.K. Kellogg Foundation is one of the largest single share holders. You could be right with forthright being another word for aggressive. "

I tend to disagree, forthright is putting your opinion strongly. Agresive is putting your oppinion and rubbishing not just the opinion of others, but rubishing the individual for holding the opinion.......

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if I think it's wrong. Hell, I might be wrong, you never know......

By *azzaahhWoman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

[Removed by poster at 15/02/12 16:30:56]

By *azzaahhWoman
over a year ago

north wales / chester

i married a Pringle

over a year ago

Its not though is it, the The W.K. Kellogg Foundation is one of the largest single share holders. You could be right with forthright being another word for aggressive.

I tend to disagree, forthright is putting your opinion strongly. Agresive is putting your oppinion and rubbishing not just the opinion of others, but rubishing the individual for holding the opinion.......

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if I think it's wrong. Hell, I might be wrong, you never know......"

Well you obviously have a problem with people that have money and aggressively put forward your feelings on threads. In this case you put forward your opinions when in reality a big portion of Kelloggs is owned by the trust. Hating groups of people isn't exactly pretty but if you feel that's the cause you champion and feel the need to have the last word in it you do that.

over a year ago

Pringles come in many flavours.

Cheese n chive

Texas bbq

Original....and now, new argumental flavour!! May contain traces of nuts and negative arseholes!!

Relax folks, its a thread about crisps ffs!

over a year ago

"Pringles come in many flavours.

Cheese n chive

Texas bbq

Original....and now, new argumental flavour!! May contain traces of nuts and negative arseholes!!

Relax folks, its a thread about crisps ffs! "

I thought it was a takeover of one food company by another with a price of £1.7 billion.

over a year ago

Is that to put the pop back into rice crispies then as all the snap seems to have crackled by the way side since the opening of cheaper brand outlets whose name Aldi and so so and so on I couldnt possibly lift the Liddle on

over a year ago

"Is that to put the pop back into rice crispies then as all the snap seems to have crackled by the way side since the opening of cheaper brand outlets whose name Aldi and so so and so on I couldnt possibly lift the Liddle on"

Nobody makes crunchy nut like Kelloggs.

over a year ago

"Is that to put the pop back into rice crispies then as all the snap seems to have crackled by the way side since the opening of cheaper brand outlets whose name Aldi and so so and so on I couldnt possibly lift the Liddle on

Nobody makes crunchy nut like Kelloggs. "

Ya thats a good point ill give ya that dude

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

"Did you not know? The rich usualy do very well out of recesions. They have money and so can snap up all of these cheap assets......"

Oh the poor sods that owned pringles....Only getting 1.7 billion!!!!

Jeezuz! If it was only the rich buying and eating the bloody things you may have a point....

over a year ago

Jeezuz! If it was only the rich buying and eating the bloody things you may have a point...."

I dont no I reckon I could well munch my way through a trucl load of salt n vinegar or BBQ flavours like hmmm need water tho after a while hey

over a year ago

Jeezuz! If it was only the rich buying and eating the bloody things you may have a point...."

I would guess its the working working class who buy the most.

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

Diamond Foods that owned pringles are a multi-million pound corporation in their own right...

Kelloggs are hardly taking advantage of some poor cash strapped company

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

Jeezuz! If it was only the rich buying and eating the bloody things you may have a point....

I would guess its the working working class who buy the most. "

Would agree with you on that...and will keep on buying them regardless

over a year ago

"Diamond Foods that owned pringles are a multi-million pound corporation in their own right...

Kelloggs are hardly taking advantage of some poor cash strapped company "

True but that information is of no use if you want to push a political point that aims to say the rich take advantage of the recession.

By *enithWoman
over a year ago

closer than you think

had a blond moment when I 1st read post .... wondered why Kelloggs would buy a knitwear company

thought it was Granny's that knitted Shreddies?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

all the while ive been on my diet the only "naughty" ive had was one tube of pringles they are addictive

over a year ago

They taste nice but not the best of snacks.

What pees me off is the price, anything from 99p to £2 depending on the way the moon is I guess.

After all they are only potato peelings, potato starch and pressed into the shape and add flavour.

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

"They taste nice but not the best of snacks.

What pees me off is the price, anything from 99p to £2 depending on the way the moon is I guess.

After all they are only potato peelings, potato starch and pressed into the shape and add flavour."

Gram for gram...same price as many other crisps..

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if I think it's wrong. Hell, I might be wrong, you never know......

Well you obviously have a problem with people that have money and aggressively put forward your feelings on threads. In this case you put forward your opinions when in reality a big portion of Kelloggs is owned by the trust. Hating groups of people isn't exactly pretty but if you feel that's the cause you champion and feel the need to have the last word in it you do that. "

Thank you Don't mind if I do.

I didn't find his comment aggressive.

over a year ago

I couldn't give a bugger who owns them or how much they paid for them.

I think Pringles stink and are very over rated.

I stopped after my first pop. They are vile

over a year ago

Cheese n chive

Texas bbq

Relax folks, its a thread about crisps ffs! "

... I just had a bowlfull, they didn't taste very good with milk and sugar. Now crunchy nut pringles just might be a winner!

Wolf

over a year ago

Cheese n chive

Texas bbq

... I just had a bowlfull, they didn't taste very good with milk and sugar. Now crunchy nut pringles just might be a winner!

Wolf

"

Thats just wrong!

You don't put suger on em

over a year ago

Cheese n chive

Texas bbq

Wolf

Thats just wrong!

You don't put suger on em "

It's okay I'm on a special diet to be a heavy flyweight at ludo...

over a year ago

Cheese n chive

Texas bbq

Wolf

Thats just wrong!

It's okay I'm on a special diet to be a heavy flyweight at ludo... "

In that case use cream instead of milk

over a year ago

Cheese n chive

Texas bbq

Wolf

Thats just wrong!

It's okay I'm on a special diet to be a heavy flyweight at ludo...

In that case use cream instead of milk "

over a year ago

Well you obviously have a problem with people that have money and aggressively put forward your feelings on threads. In this case you put forward your opinions when in reality a big portion of Kelloggs is owned by the trust. Hating groups of people isn't exactly pretty but if you feel that's the cause you champion and feel the need to have the last word in it you do that.

Thank you Don't mind if I do.

I didn't find his comment aggressive.

"

+1 I don't see what's aggressive, just one expressing their opinion...

over a year ago

Above is what he said. I don't see anything whatsoever aggressive about it ....

In fact, what the guy said was the truth - like it or not, those with money prosper during hard times.

My boss is a prime example. He's not short of money by any stretch of ones imagination. He buys property and over recent years he's been buying it like it is going out of fashion, a lot of it which now simply stands empty awaiting refurbishment.

Why is he buying so much at the moment ? Because he is rich and due to the current economic state, property is being sold at knock down prices and he also knows that one day the prices will go back up again. He's in the fortunate position of being able to do this.

So as the poster said - The rich prosper in times of recession.

Post new Message to Thread