Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Bear Grylls

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

For once I'd like to see him stranded without his knife, flint and jacket like any other unlucky person and see how he copes then!!!

There would be no dodgy rafts being made thats for sure!!!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Bear Grylls kicks ass!! Even his name is coooool as fuck

Typical boy scout, always prepared y'see, he wouldnt even pop down the tesco without a basic survival kit . . . . . just in case . . .

over a year ago

still a lot better than anyone else i dare say

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Bear Grylls kicks ass!! Even his name is coooool as fuck

Typical boy scout, always prepared y'see, he wouldnt even pop down the tesco without a basic survival kit . . . . . just in case . . . "

Haha I can't disagree pal

'where you off to bear?'

'Just going for some petrol love. Pass me the keys, my knife, rope and parachute please'

over a year ago

"For once I'd like to see him stranded without his knife, flint and jacket like any other unlucky person and see how he copes then!!!

There would be no dodgy rafts being made thats for sure!!!"

I would hazard a guess he permanently keeps a condom full of survival essentials within a body cavity just in case.

over a year ago

he follows the 5 p rules just like any x service man!!! if your an x service man you no what im on about

over a year ago

Erm have any of you folks seen the exposes of some of the alleged filming practices on Bear's shows?

Like the remote rocky canyon that was right next to the main road? Staying in hotels when he was supposed to be in the Sierra Nevada mountains for another?

over a year ago

ray mears would eat him alive

over a year ago

yeah, but only coz hes a fat greedy fcuker

over a year ago

"Erm have any of you folks seen the exposes of some of the alleged filming practices on Bear's shows?

Like the remote rocky canyon that was right next to the main road? Staying in hotels when he was supposed to be in the Sierra Nevada mountains for another?

"

not to mention the camera crew thats with him.

and dont say they aint with him lol.

i seen them filming him talking into his hand held vid cam

over a year ago

"Erm have any of you folks seen the exposes of some of the alleged filming practices on Bear's shows?

"

Absolutely. I used to like Bear, but after I found out he seemed to be full of shit I stoped watching him. I can't remember his name but there is a much better naturalist anyway on BBC 2(He's a short dumpy chap who was off telly for a long time while getting over the premature death of his wife). Far more informative and totaly honest with his programming.

over a year ago

"ray mears would eat him alive "

That was his name!

Much the best TV personality of his type

over a year ago

bush tucker man is cool too!!

over a year ago

"he follows the 5 p rules just like any x service man!!! if your an x service man you no what im on about "

errrrr

P encil

P erfume

P ea shooter

P hrophylactic

P enis

???????

over a year ago

"he follows the 5 p rules just like any x service man!!! if your an x service man you no what im on about

errrrr

P encil

P erfume

P ea shooter

P hrophylactic

P enis

??????? "

now thats a man whos been there

over a year ago

hahaha i remember bush tucka man! on discovery channel back in the day

total badass

over a year ago

Bear Rocks....Simples

He even makes Cragghopper clothing cool!!!

over a year ago

How come Ray Mears is so fat and yet he lives off the land?

Bear Grylls is ex special forces and puts himself in scenarios for entertainment.

You can watch both of these survival experts and learn something new every time, my hat is off to them

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

someone started a thread a while back asking what one item youd take on a dessert island...my choice was bear grhyls

over a year ago

"How come Ray Mears is so fat and yet he lives off the land?

Bear Grylls is ex special forces and puts himself in scenarios for entertainment.

You can watch both of these survival experts and learn something new every time, my hat is off to them "

I reckon ray mears has got worms... lol

Wolf

over a year ago

"someone started a thread a while back asking what one item youd take on a dessert island...my choice was bear grhyls "

Good choice...have you read his autobiography...inspiring...although doubtful he will ever be a member on here lol... don't think the Scouts "swinging" badge means the same as we would think lol

By *littylikka69Man
over a year ago

West Midlands

ray mears is the best for survival,he is a lot more informative where bear goes for the raw sensationalism!.

bear goes for the rough weekend survival eating cold animals guts/fat for food and shelter whereas ray shows you how to build a shelter and what are the best materials to use,he will also show you where to find and catch food,and how to light a fire for cooking and for warmth,

much better for long term survival.

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

"For once I'd like to see him stranded without his knife, flint and jacket like any other unlucky person and see how he copes then!!!

There would be no dodgy rafts being made thats for sure!!!"

If you go climbing the feckin hills/mountains without them its ya own bloody fault

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

"ray mears is the best for survival,he is a lot more informative where bear goes for the raw sensationalism!.

bear goes for the rough weekend survival eating cold animals guts/fat for food and shelter whereas ray shows you how to build a shelter and what are the best materials to use,he will also show you where to find and catch food,and how to light a fire for cooking and for warmth,

much better for long term survival."

Ray is a pyromaniac as far as im concerned...

All he does is light fires

over a year ago

I quite fancy doing one of those wilderness courses that Ray Mears does.

A week in the woods with a dead rabbit a fire stick and a tarpaulin sound fun to me ....honest!

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

Bear takes far too many risks...you wouldnt go running anywhere if you were out there alone for fear of breaking or twisting something..

He makes very watchable TV shows..but he would look like a rank amuter next to the survival experts of South Africa or Australia..

That said, I think I prefer his company over Ray Mears who comes across as some sort of vicar..he would bore me to tears I think

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

"he follows the 5 p rules just like any x service man!!! if your an x service man you no what im on about "

Erm, isnt it 7 p's?

over a year ago

"Bear takes far too many risks...you wouldnt go running anywhere if you were out there alone for fear of breaking or twisting something..

He makes very watchable TV shows..but he would look like a rank amuter next to the survival experts of South Africa or Australia..

That said, I think I prefer his company over Ray Mears who comes across as some sort of vicar..he would bore me to tears I think

"

They both do stuff for the tv to make it watchable. Left out on your own in the wilderness you go at a steady pace as you don't want to sweat too much and you want to conserve energy.

over a year ago

"Bear takes far too many risks...you wouldnt go running anywhere if you were out there alone for fear of breaking or twisting something..

"

They both are full of it but Mears is nearer to the mark.

over a year ago

Had a look at both their sites and they know how to charge for their named brand stuff

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"ray mears would eat him alive "

Ray Mears is the daddy. I think appointing bear as head of the scouts was ridiculous, he pulls stupid dangerous stunts in the name of ratings ffs

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

[Removed by poster at 15/02/12 21:03:42]

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"someone started a thread a while back asking what one item youd take on a dessert island...my choice was bear grhyls "

Oh really, if you was stuck on a dessert island would you not be wanting ... Black Forest Gateux ...Rapsberry Pavlova

Post new Message to Thread