Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Builders

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why is it builders never return your calls or show willingness to take on a project, you'd think in the currently climate they'd be falling over them selves to win work.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Where's Bob when you need him

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Ring again and leave a message that money is no object and that you are willing to pay bonuses for work completed early. See how quickly they return your calls then.

I'm serious, try it. Then when they ring tell them that you're not paying bonuses at all but appreciate the phone call.... then hang up! hehehe

over a year ago

"Why is it builders never return your calls or show willingness to take on a project, you'd think in the currently climate they'd be falling over them selves to win work."

will be going past queens drive again tonight at 4.50 so do i get to see your pert bottie by any chance

over a year ago

"Why is it builders never return your calls or show willingness to take on a project, you'd think in the currently climate they'd be falling over them selves to win work."
Sorry mate, but i've just checked the blacklist and your a bit slow on getting the tea's out.

over a year ago

"Why is it builders never return your calls or show willingness to take on a project, you'd think in the currently climate they'd be falling over them selves to win work. Sorry mate, but i've just checked the blacklist and your a bit slow on getting the tea's out. "

and the bacon butties dont forget

over a year ago

"Why is it builders never return your calls or show willingness to take on a project, you'd think in the currently climate they'd be falling over them selves to win work.

will be going past queens drive again tonight at 4.50 so do i get to see your pert bottie by any chance "

I've been gettin to the 5 ways at about 4.48, kepp looking around for you but without a clue at what ya driving it is a bit difficult

over a year ago

We went to plaster a kitchen ceiling,2 walls and coving last week.

When we got there the crazy woman had the plumbers,decorators,sparks and joiner in.

She'd got rid of her kids for 3 or 4 days and thought she could have a D.I.Y S.O.S job done on it by getting us all there,bloody nutter.

She had no concept of drying times plus it was an old Victorian house with chunks falling all over and needed a D.P.C.

Yeah,some builders are a pain but some customers defy belief.

XXXX

over a year ago

"We went to plaster a kitchen ceiling,2 walls and coving last week.

When we got there the crazy woman had the plumbers,decorators,sparks and joiner in.

She'd got rid of her kids for 3 or 4 days and thought she could have a D.I.Y S.O.S job done on it by getting us all there,bloody nutter.

She had no concept of drying times plus it was an old Victorian house with chunks falling all over and needed a D.P.C.

what planet she livin on

XXXX"

over a year ago

"Ring again and leave a message that money is no object and that you are willing to pay bonuses for work completed early. See how quickly they return your calls then.

I'm serious, try it. Then when they ring tell them that you're not paying bonuses at all but appreciate the phone call.... then hang up! hehehe "

i might just try that hehe

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 09/09/09 13:28:48]

over a year ago

"We went to plaster a kitchen ceiling,2 walls and coving last week.

XXXX "

Now now guys - the customers always right

I had one very nice lady that needed extensive work completed in her front and back gardens - one of those dreaded mates mates jobs.

She had already been deserted by two other builders, she told me that they were so incompetent that she had 'to let them go' I smelt a rat as I had seen the work done and it was fine but her friend was my friend and I didn't want to upset him so continued - never again

On delivery of her bricks (semi engineers) she set about examining each brick before telling us not to use any brick that has a chip or crazed face, even those that were going under ground would you believe

For those that don't know - you only need to look at an engineering brick for it to crack, chip or split clean in half.

the end result - she deemed 10% were usable, called the merchants insisting on a rep to call as her builders had refused to use these faulty bricks.

I soon became the third builder she 'let go' without a word being spoken, I even left the money that she owed - she was of her crumpet

She also asked for me to increase the size of her drive opening to "14 feet" wide as she usually arrived home in the car d*unk and had hit the piers a few times

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Never forget the old adage

The customer is always right ...........

No matter how stupid or ignorant they may be

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"She had no concept of drying times plus it was an old Victorian house with chunks falling all over and needed a D.P.C.

"

is that one of those pervy things??

get mi name down....

over a year ago

"She had no concept of drying times plus it was an old Victorian house with chunks falling all over and needed a D.P.C.

get mi name down...."

I love filling Deep Persistent Cracks wet or dry, no jobs too big or small

By *ezebelWoman
over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

get mi name down....

I love filling Deep Persistent Cracks wet or dry, no jobs too big or small "

ooooerr missus

*shakes head and rubs chin like a builder whilst taking a sharp intake of breath*

over a year ago

get mi name down....

I love filling Deep Persistent Cracks wet or dry, no jobs too big or small

ooooerr missus

*shakes head and rubs chin like a builder whilst taking a sharp intake of breath*"

That should be sucking on teeth

Whilst you are breathing hard bear in mind that this builder guarantees a satisfying erection with every job

over a year ago

Ive kidnapped all the bald headed tattooed rigger boat wearing ones mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmine all mine

over a year ago

"Ive kidnapped all the bald headed tattooed rigger boat wearing ones mmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmine all mine "

Oops and even ones that wear rigger BOOTS

over a year ago

Us trades have to keep you on your toes

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

iv never ever had a problem with builders, tight blouse, tight skirt and killer heels seems to get em on the job

over a year ago

"iv never ever had a problem with builders, tight blouse, tight skirt and killer heels seems to get em on the job"

What job would that be?

XXXX

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"iv never ever had a problem with builders, tight blouse, tight skirt and killer heels seems to get em on the job

What job would that be?

XXXX"

oh errrrrrrr the hands on stuff

Post new Message to Thread