Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

NatWest bank!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I'm not one for moaning normally but...

Omg,

Tried to log into my bank today (NatWest) through there website and got this message..

"We would like to help you however we are unable to display your account(s) at this time."

Rang online banking up quoting my sort code and bank account number straight from my most recent bank statement only to be told my account don't exist

I know there isn't a fortune in there but just wow!

Have been told I will have to go to the branch I registered with (42 miles away) with ID and my latest statment so they can correct/rejoin me.

Can you believe it!

Tony

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Yes i can believe it but dont go

Insist they sort it over the phone they will always try and brush you off

If they insist on you going tell them you will invoice fro travel and lost time and you are entitled to do that as well xx

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/02/12 17:40:17]

over a year ago

"Yes i can believe it but dont go

If they insist on you going tell them you will invoice fro travel and lost time and you are entitled to do that as well xx"

I had the Midland do that with me years ago. They said the account had gone dormant, which is basically a crafty way to hoover up the loose change. I walked out and have never set foot in a HSBC since.

Wolf

over a year ago

"I'm not one for moaning normally but...

Omg,

Tried to log into my bank today (NatWest) through there website and got this message..

"We would like to help you however we are unable to display your account(s) at this time."

Rang online banking up quoting my sort code and bank account number straight from my most recent bank statement only to be told my account don't exist

I know there isn't a fortune in there but just wow!

Have been told I will have to go to the branch I registered with (42 miles away) with ID and my latest statment so they can correct/rejoin me.

Can you believe it!

Tony "

I would be giving them 24 hours to sort then look at moving away from them. If you have statements it proves it exists and its their problem. I would also ask for recompense for wasted time and an apology.

over a year ago

"Yes i can believe it but dont go

If they insist on you going tell them you will invoice fro travel and lost time and you are entitled to do that as well xx"

They can't sort it over the phone as there is no trace whatsoever of me having an account there.

He even told me when an account is closed the basic cusomer details are kept but even they have gone

over a year ago

"I would be giving them 24 hours to sort then look at moving away from them. If you have statements it proves it exists and its their problem. I would also ask for recompense for wasted time and an apology."

Yeah I can prove I had an account there, I have statments and letters and all sorts.

Have spent over £10 ringing there stupid 0845 numbers grrr

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/02/12 17:47:10]

over a year ago

"I would be giving them 24 hours to sort then look at moving away from them. If you have statements it proves it exists and its their problem. I would also ask for recompense for wasted time and an apology.

Yeah I can prove I had an account there, I have statments and letters and all sorts.

Have spent over £10 ringing there stupid 0845 numbers grrr"

I would be asking for that back plus all the time you have spent chancing them up for their ineptness. They will try and blame it in a glitch but that wouldn't be acceptable to me.

over a year ago

"I would be giving them 24 hours to sort then look at moving away from them. If you have statements it proves it exists and its their problem. I would also ask for recompense for wasted time and an apology.

I would be asking for that back plus all the time you have spent chancing them up for their ineptness. They will try and blame it in a glitch but that wouldn't be acceptable to me."

yep, i got recompense off vodapphone for the same thing, calls to premium numbers.

you are entitled, again

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

"

I had the Midland do that with me years ago. They said the account had gone dormant, which is basically a crafty way to hoover up the loose change. I walked out and have never set foot in a HSBC since.

Wolf "

Accounts go dormant after a year of not being used, the money is placed into an account! It is still there for you, so if you don't ask for it.....

As for the OP...

They won't be able to help you over the phone, data protection an all that, your nearest branch should be able to help you though, doesn't have to be your own branch....

over a year ago

Tell them you have a Lottery winner's cheque for £2.2m you'd like to pay in. See how differently they treat you then.

over a year ago

We had a £100 taken fro our account once, Lloyds, called them they said we had to go to the branch it had been taken from to sort it, lucky for us it was only 15 miles away, only to be told that it was an admin error where soeone else had done a mauael withdrawal at the counter and the cashier had written the wrong account number on the withdrawal slip, they soon gave us our money back !!

over a year ago

"Tell them you have a Lottery winner's cheque for £2.2m you'd like to pay in. See how differently they treat you then. "

We had £80,000 paid into our account, legit , one day, the next day the phone rang, it was the bank manager giving us advice on investments !!!

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"Tell them you have a Lottery winner's cheque for £2.2m you'd like to pay in. See how differently they treat you then.

We had £80,000 paid into our account, legit , one day, the next day the phone rang, it was the bank manager giving us advice on investments !!!"

I had the same sort of call, I told them I was not happy that they had invaded my account and that it better not happen again. Next day chocolates and flowers delivered pays to complain

over a year ago

"

Accounts go dormant after a year of not being used, the money is placed into an account! It is still there for you, so if you don't ask for it.....

"

Oh I asked em for it. As it was under a certain amount they'd cleared it into what they called 'unclaimed funds', and would not give it me back. That was a goodly few years ago now. I object to them doing these things without any consultation as they are supposed to be operating in the interests of the customer.

Wolf

over a year ago

I would be asking for that back plus all the time you have spent chancing them up for their ineptness. They will try and blame it in a glitch but that wouldn't be acceptable to me."

agree, would not want their excuses, they must sort it. if they don't take legal advice. they just cannot do this but they rely on people being too timid or apathetic to take action.

over a year ago

"

Oh I asked em for it. As it was under a certain amount they'd cleared it into what they called 'unclaimed funds', and would not give it me back. That was a goodly few years ago now. I object to them doing these things without any consultation as they are supposed to be operating in the interests of the customer.

Wolf"

rubbish if it is in unclaimed funds and you are claiming it they have to give it to you. legally obliged.

over a year ago

"

Wolf

rubbish if it is in unclaimed funds and you are claiming it they have to give it to you. legally obliged.

"

I'll give that a go then, should be some interest on it *rubs hands* about a tanner probably!

Wolf

over a year ago

I had a call 2 weeks ago from the Nat West saying that they had done a review of how I managed my account and was ringing to advise me of other services they thought I would benefit from, this included upgrading my account for a monthly fee & suggesting that I open up an Isa, I then explained to the very persistent woman that my basic and only account was to have my disablement benefit paid into once a fortnight and to pay a direct debit every 3 months and if she could suggest how I am supposed to pay for the upgrade and how I could afford to open an Isa on state benefit to save any money, I would be very impressed and then she still wanted to make an appointment for me to go and see an advisor to help manage my account better

By *umpkinMan
over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I have an account with my bank that has the grand total of ....... 1 penny in it! It`s been kept open, I get a regular statement and a card to withdraw my cash! The account has been like this for five of six years now!

over a year ago

I went down to my local branch and they contacted the branch I opened the account in and yep the account had been closed although they had no idea why.

I have filled out a form to get the money back that was in it.

They asked me if I would like to open a new account so I told them no as I don't have the time to mess about with them and have opened an account with a proper bank

Tony

By *ouplefunukCouple
over a year ago

North Bristol

"Tell them you have a Lottery winner's cheque for £2.2m you'd like to pay in. See how differently they treat you then.

We had £80,000 paid into our account, legit , one day, the next day the phone rang, it was the bank manager giving us advice on investments !!!"

That's not a bank manager, it's a Financial Planning Manager and it's their job. To stop numpties keeping, oh, I don't know, £80,000 in a low interest current account instead of making it work for them

*Her*

over a year ago

We had £80,000 paid into our account, legit , one day, the next day the phone rang, it was the bank manager giving us advice on investments !!!

I had the same sort of call, I told them I was not happy that they had invaded my account and that it better not happen again. Next day chocolates and flowers delivered pays to complain "

How had they invaded your account? It's no different to then telling you are overdrawn. Or sending you a statement.

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

One of the drawbacks of being pissed off by your bank is where do you move to? The next choice is often just as bad.

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

"

I had the same sort of call, I told them I was not happy that they had invaded my account and that it better not happen again. Next day chocolates and flowers delivered pays to complain "

The bank that doesn't contact a customer or at least look into an account when a large sum is deposited out of the blue is a bank that isn't doing their job

The laws on money laundering has given them the right to "invade" your account...

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"

I had the same sort of call, I told them I was not happy that they had invaded my account and that it better not happen again. Next day chocolates and flowers delivered pays to complain

The bank that doesn't contact a customer or at least look into an account when a large sum is deposited out of the blue is a bank that isn't doing their job

The laws on money laundering has given them the right to "invade" your account..."

I was lead to believe if it was a electronic transfer from another bank inside the uk that it was void from the money laundering act as there was already a electronic trail. Banks are great I wonder if they would phone up and say " you were going to go overdrawn so we have given you a overdraft".

I also love the fact you phone them loads of security checks, they phone you almost nothing. As a matter of course I refuse and tell them I will call them back

over a year ago

I'm with Santander. I think they like me a lot. They're always sending me letters saying my balance is 'outstanding'

By *ucsparkMan
over a year ago

dudley

"I'm with Santander. I think they like me a lot. They're always sending me letters saying my balance is 'outstanding'"

Now that made me laugh

over a year ago

Ring them back up and tell them if they don't sort it you will change banks and tell them they owe you the cost of the phone calls

Post new Message to Thread