"Who thinks the new recycling of bottles is a good idea

I think it’s great, hope it’s easy to do "

Sorry what new idea x

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *valanche1001Man
over a year ago

Leeds

always happy to do my bit but....

1) you need to use a ‘bag for life’ 37 times before you offset the impact of 1 standard carrier

2) most packaging is still not recyclable or part of it isn’t.

3) thermal printed receipts from supermarkets are not recyclable.

Basically it’s all lip service by the supermarkets. If we don’t all go vegan and wearing hessian sacks were all DOOMED

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think it's a good idea to have a refillable water bottle, hence cutting down on single use plastic water bottles ect. It will be good when there are places you can refill them though.

By *ibblingnewt OP   Woman
over a year ago

by the sea

I think it’s great, hope it’s easy to do

Sorry what new idea x"

They plan to roll out a 20p deposit for all bottles glad and plastic so loads of recycling to get on top of the recycling problem, also limits on plastic type so 90 % will be able to be reused

over a year ago

Sorry what new idea x

They plan to roll out a 20p deposit for all bottles glad and plastic so loads of recycling to get on top of the recycling problem, also limits on plastic type so 90 % will be able to be reused "

Ahh right this is an old idea which some of us of a certain age remember well

Good idea though

Ps you look very .....

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

Sorry what new idea x

They plan to roll out a 20p deposit for all bottles glad and plastic so loads of recycling to get on top of the recycling problem, also limits on plastic type so 90 % will be able to be reused "

Ah...not a new idea then just recycling (excuse the pun) the deposit system we had on glass bottles back in the sixties and early seventies. It seemed to work then so why not.

By *hrisAndKatieCouple
over a year ago

stevenage

After going to america last year and seeing how little they recycle - kinda seems pointless over here

over a year ago

Good old days of the pop man used to collect from the neighbours and earn extra pocket money x

over a year ago

by the sea

"Good old days of the pop man used to collect from the neighbours and earn extra pocket money x"

I enjoyed that too and going to my grandparents and taking loads of bottles back to the shops.

over a year ago

I've just installed virgin pure to cut down our plastic usage. We are a fussy family that enjoy water but not tap water due to it being very strong chemical tasting in our area. It's working well. We have all cut out plastic water bottle usage and refill bottles as well as drinking plenty of water. It's not cheap but a brilliant investment

over a year ago

"I think it's a good idea to have a refillable water bottle, hence cutting down on single use plastic water bottles ect. It will be good when there are places you can refill them though. "

Taps?

over a year ago

"After going to america last year and seeing how little they recycle - kinda seems pointless over here"

By *osie xWoman
over a year ago

wolverhampton

Our local Iceland has a mac_ine outside where you deposit empty plastic bottles and it gives you money off your shop.

Just thought i'd mention it

over a year ago

by the sea

"Our local Iceland has a mac_ine outside where you deposit empty plastic bottles and it gives you money off your shop.

Just thought i'd mention it"

That sounds really cool

By *osie xWoman
over a year ago

wolverhampton

"Our local Iceland has a mac_ine outside where you deposit empty plastic bottles and it gives you money off your shop.

Just thought i'd mention it

That sounds really cool "

It’s popular in Germany too, some of their supermarket do it, people walk in with more than they come out with

over a year ago

"I think it's a good idea to have a refillable water bottle, hence cutting down on single use plastic water bottles ect. It will be good when there are places you can refill them though. "

It's called a tap

By *uzukiNo1Woman
over a year ago

Rhyl

Old fabber currently in Norway sent me a vid if the mac_ines they have over there, stick bottles and cans in and it pays a certain amount of money for each.......think it's an amazing idea....

By *rincessvenusCouple
over a year ago

Hull

how do you get your money out of the waste mac_ine or do they give you a token to spend anywere you choose

By *uzukiNo1Woman
over a year ago

Rhyl

"how do you get your money out of the waste mac_ine or do they give you a token to spend anywere you choose"

Yes it's gives you like a receipt....and tbh if people saw their waste as money they wouldn't be so quick to litter....

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I think it's a good idea to have a refillable water bottle, hence cutting down on single use plastic water bottles ect. It will be good when there are places you can refill them though.

It's called a tap "

The only taps you see are in public toilets though, and the water is usually luke warm

By *uxom redCouple
over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"how do you get your money out of the waste mac_ine or do they give you a token to spend anywere you choose"

Sounds like you get money for what you put in!

Tesco gave you club points for recycling cans at one point... No longer

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"how do you get your money out of the waste mac_ine or do they give you a token to spend anywere you choose

Sounds like you get money for what you put in!

Tesco gave you club points for recycling cans at one point... No longer "

I don't use ma Tesco Clubcard anymore, they only send you vouchers for stuff that I never buy anyway

By *illing2016Man
over a year ago

Stourbridge

There was some asshole living near me (Yes if you are on FAB then I am talking about you), who put a half filled plastic paint can in his Green Bin (the recycle one).

Luckily the bin men saw it and refused to take that and the rest of his rubbish.

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

A "new idea"???

This concept was drawn up years ago when I recall as a kid growing up in Scotland that glass bottles could be returned to shops & you'd get money back.

These days, some plastic bottles are recyclable but they have to be put in the bin MINUS their caps, as these aren't recycled.

At the business where I work, we must separate all rubbish or we can be fined by the waste company. Oddly enough, they sometimes come in with 1 truck & put Recycled Waste and General Waste into the one truck, which makes a mockery of recycling!

over a year ago

I read somewhere that China is not going to accept all of our recycling any more.

What will we do with it now?

over a year ago

My only concern is they will increase the price of bottles to pay for all this.

over a year ago

by the sea

I’ve seen the mac_ines on telly today too

over a year ago

by the sea

"My only concern is they will increase the price of bottles to pay for all this."

Yep everything will be 20p dearer

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Not got anything at all against the idea OP, its history being revisited from the days of glass bottles.

Just a little perspective though, the UK produces less than 1.5% of global emissions and that figure is being reduced. Any reduction in plastics that get into the food chain, and therefore our lunch must be a good thing, isn't it?

Yet the worlds biggest polluters are the US and China. Perhaps rallies, and people power etc would be more effective in Washington and Tiananmen Square....or maybe not?....

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

I think it’s great, hope it’s easy to do "

I'm of the mind set every little helps.

By *litterbabeWoman
over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I was told recently that every can in Germany has a 50 Cent deposit on it and you have to crush them to get your 50 cents back

over a year ago

by the sea

"Not got anything at all against the idea OP, its history being revisited from the days of glass bottles.

Just a little perspective though, the UK produces less than 1.5% of global emissions and that figure is being reduced. Any reduction in plastics that get into the food chain, and therefore our lunch must be a good thing, isn't it?

Yet the worlds biggest polluters are the US and China. Perhaps rallies, and people power etc would be more effective in Washington and Tiananmen Square....or maybe not?...."

I know but its good we are doing this and sure it’s from the past, but really have to reduce it right down and recycle our plastics better

over a year ago

by the sea

"I was told recently that every can in Germany has a 50 Cent deposit on it and you have to crush them to get your 50 cents back"

We will do the same

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

The deposit system is working well again in Germany and other countries. Better to withdraw from using oil to make many products and packaging at all. Reuse everything as much as possible. Buy sessional local produce and grow your own.

We've just had our first week without coal produced electricity in over 100 years! . Unfortunately the Conservative government has reduced many things that support us getting away from fossil fuels at a faster rate. EU membership could help us to work more cooperatively to improve ecological safeguards, which is tragic.

over a year ago

by the sea

"The deposit system is working well again in Germany and other countries. Better to withdraw from using oil to make many products and packaging at all. Reuse everything as much as possible. Buy sessional local produce and grow your own.

We've just had our first week without coal produced electricity in over 100 years! . Unfortunately the Conservative government has reduced many things that support us getting away from fossil fuels at a faster rate. EU membership could help us to work more cooperatively to improve ecological safeguards, which is tragic. "

Yay I’m pleased to hear that

By *inkysexpotMan
over a year ago

leeds

I recycle and reuse where ever i can and my kids are learning to do the same, might be a case of too little too late but only time will tell

over a year ago

by the sea

"I recycle and reuse where ever i can and my kids are learning to do the same, might be a case of too little too late but only time will tell"

Hopefully not

over a year ago

The real sad thing is in this day and age where we are so much more informed we have to offer money and charge on goods to make us recycle.

It should be as natural as breathing to take the time to sort rubbish out and make sure it goes into recycling.

It’s a shame that some unscrupulous companies that cheat the system and only do the easy stuff and bury the rest.

Saw in the news about the plastics that have been dumped into Asia and is now on its way back to the uk! Why are we not doing our own ?

over a year ago

We've always recycled plastic bottles, it's the useless recycling contract that our local council have entered into that prevents any other type if plastic recycling.

over a year ago

I will miss seeing some plastic bottles full of piss across the M6 though

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

Two thirds of our recycling is packed up and sent overseas - most of it not actually being recycled but most likely being dumped in the sea or ending up in landfill.

over a year ago

"Two thirds of our recycling is packed up and sent overseas - most of it not actually being recycled but most likely being dumped in the sea or ending up in landfill."

I saw that report on the news earlier. Shocking

over a year ago

by the sea

"The real sad thing is in this day and age where we are so much more informed we have to offer money and charge on goods to make us recycle.

It should be as natural as breathing to take the time to sort rubbish out and make sure it goes into recycling.

It’s a shame that some unscrupulous companies that cheat the system and only do the easy stuff and bury the rest.

Saw in the news about the plastics that have been dumped into Asia and is now on its way back to the uk! Why are we not doing our own ? "

The problem is so many plastics are not able to be recycled, hopefully they all will be in the future

over a year ago

by the sea

"I will miss seeing some plastic bottles full of piss across the M6 though "

Oooh lovely

over a year ago

"The real sad thing is in this day and age where we are so much more informed we have to offer money and charge on goods to make us recycle.

Saw in the news about the plastics that have been dumped into Asia and is now on its way back to the uk! Why are we not doing our own ?

The problem is so many plastics are not able to be recycled, hopefully they all will be in the future "

3,000 tonnes of plastic waste is going back to the countries of origin.

By *rincessvenusCouple
over a year ago

Hull

build big large comunal bonfires burn all our wasteproblem solved

over a year ago

"build big large comunal bonfires burn all our wasteproblem solved"

oh and

over a year ago

We act like everyone is on board with saving our planet. However judging from the amount of roadside litter most people just don't give a rats ass.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

Can we really make a difference, when companies churn out more crap and don't bother to recycle.

Look at the Asia sending back our crap that we sent there in the first place.

Post new Message to Thread