Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

no smoke without fire

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Just wanted to share the fact that its been 3 weeks since we last smoked!

Its been tough and it still is from time to time! But we both feel so much better for being smoke free!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

congratulation, keep on at it. it willbe a hard sog and there will be tmes yo will wat to break.

i am makkig chages to improve my health (although today has been crap lol) so its always nice to see people ahieving things like this

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

well done you xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

well done you, ive cut down dramatically but havent given them up yet. Keep it upxxx

By *aceytopWoman
over a year ago

from a town near you

well done its on my to do list but going through some crap at the moment sooooooo any excuse

over a year ago

Oh well done! I've attempted it every year for the last 5 years! I won't stop trying either.

Keep it up guys!

over a year ago

Thank you everyone! Still using our patches and pretend smoking things!

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

well done you two, keep it up, think of the financial as well as health benefits - more cash to spend on clubs and travel to meets

over a year ago

well done .... three days here for me, but that's because I'm too tight to pay the local shops inflated prices.

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

Excellent stuff - well done!

I've never been a smoker but MJ has and has now been -free for over two years.

Good luck with it, if MJ is anything to go by you will really see a difference in your health

over a year ago

coming up 14 months for Em, and still now she says she fancies one, s is a long hard journey (parents gave up 7 years ago and still fancy one every now and then)

keep it going all. well done

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

Wishbone Ash, not their best.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"Just wanted to share the fact that its been 3 weeks since we last smoked!

Its been tough and it still is from time to time! But we both feel so much better for being smoke free! "

wow well done you, i am biting the bullet and off to see the nurse on the 27th...

Any advice gratefully recieved

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

well done you..i still havent managed to be smoke free, although i have cut down dramatically..i just cant seem to do it totally

over a year ago

Well done

over a year ago

Its been tough and it still is from time to time! But we both feel so much better for being smoke free!

wow well done you, i am biting the bullet and off to see the nurse on the 27th...

Any advice gratefully recieved"

just keep busy and try not to do what you used to do whilst enjoying the deadly .

that was the hardest thing Em found. not having one with a morning cuppa, and so on.

over a year ago

Well i (Lucy) cut down first whilst wearing the patches! The stop smoking guys are a great help! Also got an app that tells me how much money i have saved and how my health is improving!

This is my 4th attempt in as many years so going to keep at it this time!

over a year ago

well done and keep it up!

I celebreated 6 months of the ciggies last week after having smoked for 23 years. I still have the odd cravings but I'm staying strong!

I've saved quite some money and I'm feeling much better.

By *londeCazWoman
over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

Well done, I'm coming up to 18 months since my last puff - no jokes please

Wasn't the first time I packed in (you name it, I've fecking tried it) but this time I really feel like if I started smoking again I'd slash me wrists and get the killing meself done quick rather than slow....still occasionally find meself having a Bisto moment when I get a whiff of smoke but usually I'm more "Urrggghh, did I used to fecking well stink like that" specially when I visit me mam who's a 60 a day-er - I start coughing within 5 mins and can only stay max of half hour in her front room

This time I had champix drugs (or suicide pills as our kid and I called them) as the Dr said may cause suicidal tendencies but all I had was a bit of insomnia and a few vivid dreams when I did sleep - not recommended for those who've suffered depression, but I'd recommend if you've not....

Whatever method you choose, you've gotta want to give up for yourselves - I'd recommend putting your fag money to one side and treating yourself either every month, or working up to a big hol (it won't take long for a 20 a day-er to get enough filthy lucre for a nice break in the sun)

Good luck everyone who wants to kick the habit

over a year ago

Its been tough and it still is from time to time! But we both feel so much better for being smoke free! "

Give the man a cigar! ...Hmmm on second thoughts that's not really a good reward is it.

over a year ago

dry ice makes a kind of smoke.

Post new Message to Thread