Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Records

Jump to newest

By *riendlyfunfem OP   Woman
over a year ago

A world of my own

Does anyone actually play them any more? I have so many but haven't been able to play them for donkeys years. I have lots of original singles from the 60s that belonged to my sister and all my singles and albums from 70s and 80s. I really need to get a record player so I can play them again.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

you can get a deck nowadays that plugs into a usb on your puter so you can copy them all

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Yes I play records several nights a week, in the main because we have an extensive collection that runs into the many thousands.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

up until callum left yes. he was curious about my old records so i bought him a secondhand record player he took it with him though

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

Yep I still have a collection, a deck and a standalone Hi-Fi CD recorder to record them on when I get the time to...

Wolf

over a year ago

I still play them

over a year ago

"Does anyone actually play them any more? I have so many but haven't been able to play them for donkeys years. I have lots of original singles from the 60s that belonged to my sister and all my singles and albums from 70s and 80s. I really need to get a record player so I can play them again."

You can buy turntables to play them

over a year ago

Yes, I have a pair of Technics SL1210's which you just cannot beat but aren't really for the home. If you do buy a deck then check that your system will recognise it, you may have to get an extra pre-amp to convert it but your local Richer sounds can sort you pretty cheaply. Worth it for being able to listen to vinyl again.

By *littylikka69Man
over a year ago

West Midlands

i got bloody hundreds of vinyl 12" lp's that i play,also 7" ep's and singles!.

babs,you can buy for about 60 quid a small turntable that you can play thrugh your usb,but dont get rid of those 60s records cheaply whatever you do as they are very valuable commodities these days!.

over a year ago

Still got some of my vinyl and a turntable my son bought me.

over a year ago

I bought a record player a few years ago for £50, i had some old records and some that my brothers and sister gave me, i only have a few left now though because i played them so much i have worn them out. Can hear most old songs on you tube.

over a year ago

If the sound quality is better in an MP3 and i can make a playlist on an ipod/media player.. then it would make for better listening to them digitally

However it could just be smell of an old record, and the nostalgia factor, and that can be a pleasurable experience reminiscing back on memories..

Sadly cassettes were my first experience of music so missed out the vinyl part of life

over a year ago

Nah, vinyl was before my time, I'm was a cassette boy too so have no emotional attachment to vinyl. Plus I'm lazy and the convenience of mp3s outweighs anything else

over a year ago

"Nah, vinyl was before my time, I'm was a cassette boy too so have no emotional attachment to vinyl. Plus I'm lazy and the convenience of mp3s outweighs anything else"

You can still buy vinal and it really does sound so much richer. Well worth trying once.

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

Will always remain a vinyl junkie from the hazy days of working on Pirate Radio in the Midlands.

Still haven't got around to getting a USB deck to convert all the 12" though.

Our generation or most of will struggle to accept the CDJ method. It just doesn,t have that authenticity of struggling with record boxes or crates.

But then again i'd rather have 6 gears in the car than 5 !

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

Still play vinyl doing mobile disco jobs, I have the old style twin decks unit, often get people saying it's nice to see someone still playing records, and not just using a laptop.

I do have a double cd player which plugs into the system.

I've no idea how many records I have, must be between three and four thousand.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

I have none

over a year ago

Vinyl Junkie here, everything from Northern Soul through to The Jam through to Stone Roses through to Kaiser Chiefs........vinyl will never go away.

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

"Vinyl Junkie here, everything from Northern Soul through to The Jam through to Stone Roses through to Kaiser Chiefs........vinyl will never go away."

Same here, loads of Soul on vinyl, usually with the centre's missing on the single's.

By *littylikka69Man
over a year ago

West Midlands

northern soul,60s pop 7" 45s.

12"LPs prog rock,hard rock,rock'a'biilly,country,quite varied stuff in my collection too still gets a spin!.

over a year ago

Nothing like the sound of vinyl. I remember going to Woolworths as a kid to buy new diamond stylus for my turntable once the needle started skipping across the records. I have masses of old vinyl, limited pressings, coloured vinyl etc....worth a few quid too after had a valuation done, but can't best to let them go......each one tells a story about phases of my youth and the musical genres that influenced them.

Post new Message to Thread