Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Charities

Jump to newest

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Suppose you won lots of money and suppose you wanted to set up a charity.... What charity would you set up and why? (Yeah, Im being serious... lol)

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I would set up a charity for an animal sanctuary, because i like animals.

By *els_BellsWoman
over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

I would look in to setting up one for children who's parent or parents have died. There is probably already charities like it, just not heard of them.

And something like the Lavender Trust which is aimed at younger women who get breast cancer.

I lost my best friend a few years ago to cancer and her son was only 7 at the time, I know Macmillan did a lot of good with her family though.

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

A friend set up a home for street kids in Kenya, they get their education(including uniforms ect) paid for as well as a family life and the chance to be children.

They have just seen there first 2 kids go to uni, and have various others on apprenticeships .They also support families in the community so there children can attend school, particually ones who have lost parents to hiv/aids.

All the employees are kenyan, all money spent goes into the kenyan economy, it is the kind of charity that really works,changing lives and letting people improve their own lot rather than providing paternalistic top down solutions.

i would like to open similar homes in various cities around the world where there are homeless children.

over a year ago

My best friends sister died of CF so I'd probably do something for that

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I would set up a charity for an animal sanctuary, because i like animals."
Nice one, I think I would, too. I also would set up a charity to help struggling families

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"A friend set up a home for street kids in Kenya, they get their education(including uniforms ect) paid for as well as a family life and the chance to be children.

They have just seen there first 2 kids go to uni, and have various others on apprenticeships .They also support families in the community so there children can attend school, particually ones who have lost parents to hiv/aids.

All the employees are kenyan, all money spent goes into the kenyan economy, it is the kind of charity that really works,changing lives and letting people improve their own lot rather than providing paternalistic top down solutions.

i would like to open similar homes in various cities around the world where there are homeless children.

"

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

"A friend set up a home for street kids in Kenya, they get their education(including uniforms ect) paid for as well as a family life and the chance to be children.

"

pm me and i can send u the link...all contributions welcome

over a year ago

I would set up one for men who suffer from age related E.D.

If it is age related, then there is no help out there and treatment has to be paid for on private prescription.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

i would set up one for children with severe mental health problems (not learning disabilities) the reason being many peoples lives might have taken a different path if they had been diagnosed early enough

over a year ago

I would set one up for children with disabilities and caring for them at home as well as helping promote independence for them.

over a year ago

I would set charities/funding up for training any person of any age in apprenticeships in a trade of their choice.

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I would set up one for men who suffer from age related E.D.

If it is age related, then there is no help out there and treatment has to be paid for on private prescription."

Unfortunately this is true - but if the man talks to the doc and asks for TT level check (free active Testosterone) and the figure comes back at less than 11 ppnmog then he is entitled to a referral to an endocronologist. Having said that most GPs will inititally play ignorant but it is your right to be referred on. There are sites under the name of andropause... Good luck

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"i would set up one for children with severe mental health problems (not learning disabilities) the reason being many peoples lives might have taken a different path if they had been diagnosed early enough"
There is one very close to my heart and that I would support 100%

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I would set charities/funding up for training any person of any age in apprenticeships in a trade of their choice."
I so agree with you !

over a year ago

"I would set up one for men who suffer from age related E.D.

If it is age related, then there is no help out there and treatment has to be paid for on private prescription.

Unfortunately this is true - but if the man talks to the doc and asks for TT level check (free active Testosterone) and the figure comes back at less than 11 ppnmog then he is entitled to a referral to an endocronologist. Having said that most GPs will inititally play ignorant but it is your right to be referred on. There are sites under the name of andropause... Good luck"

A good GP will have the full range of blood tests run.

If all results come come back ok, then a private prescription will cost you £30 upwards depending on what is prescribed, the other alternative is to buy off the net, and you can not always tell you are getting genuine meds/

By *ouple in LancashireCouple
over a year ago

in Lancashire

not so much a charity but if hyper rich would set up credit unions in area's where some folk cant get credit..

which usually means they are forced to go to sharks..

these would be non profit and run by folk from within the community they look after..

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"not so much a charity but if hyper rich would set up credit unions in area's where some folk cant get credit..

these would be non profit and run by folk from within the community they look after.. "

Good point. I sometimes do wonder why everything these days has to be profit driven.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I'd open up a supported housing scheme for ex forces with mental health issues and who are injured.. I'd also like to open up a community coffee shop where I employ ex offenders, adults with learning disabilties and mental health to have work placements.

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"not so much a charity but if hyper rich would set up credit unions in area's where some folk cant get credit..

these would be non profit and run by folk from within the community they look after.. Good point. I sometimes do wonder why everything these days has to be profit driven."

if HMG had any backbone, they would do it themselves...

naa what a silly idea..

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

"I'd open up a supported housing scheme for ex forces with mental health issues and who are injured.. I'd also like to open up a community coffee shop where I employ ex offenders, adults with learning disabilties and mental health to have work placements. "
I also agree with this one - especially the soldiers. It sometimes seems that once they are back here they are a bit forgotten. PTSD does not come from nowhere and it certainly does not go away overnight!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I'd open up a supported housing scheme for ex forces with mental health issues and who are injured.. I'd also like to open up a community coffee shop where I employ ex offenders, adults with learning disabilties and mental health to have work placements. I also agree with this one - especially the soldiers. It sometimes seems that once they are back here they are a bit forgotten. PTSD does not come from nowhere and it certainly does not go away overnight!"

Its close to my heart studied alot around PTSD.. its very interesting...

over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I'd open up a supported housing scheme for ex forces with mental health issues and who are injured.. I'd also like to open up a community coffee shop where I employ ex offenders, adults with learning disabilties and mental health to have work placements. I also agree with this one - especially the soldiers. It sometimes seems that once they are back here they are a bit forgotten. PTSD does not come from nowhere and it certainly does not go away overnight!

Its close to my heart studied alot around PTSD.. its very interesting... "

really sad fact that more guys have killed themselves who served in the Falklands than who actually died during it...

By *i 1 Get 1 FreeCouple (MM)
over a year ago

birmingham

I don't give to charity, most are run as a business, very little goes to those that are in need.

When certain celebrities give their time for free, rather than charge "expenses" I may, just may reconsider.

I've no issues with those that do give.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"I'd open up a supported housing scheme for ex forces with mental health issues and who are injured.. I'd also like to open up a community coffee shop where I employ ex offenders, adults with learning disabilties and mental health to have work placements. I also agree with this one - especially the soldiers. It sometimes seems that once they are back here they are a bit forgotten. PTSD does not come from nowhere and it certainly does not go away overnight!

really sad fact that more guys have killed themselves who served in the Falklands than who actually died during it... "

Its happening today too.. Men are taking their own lives... a lot of ex forces are also going to prisonl..

By *phrodite OP   Woman
over a year ago

really sad fact that more guys have killed themselves who served in the Falklands than who actually died during it... "

It is only just begginging to be taken seriously!

over a year ago

A sport centre with free admission to armed forces personnel and their families.

Post new Message to Thread