Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The term Daddy

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

OK -I'm not keen on it, but I can understand why older guys might want to use it

There does, however, seem to a trend of guys in their early to mid 20's using it as a descriptive term in their profile &/or profile name

Does it have a new meaning / new conurtations that I know nothing of ?

Am I now simply out of touch with modern day parlance ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

* to be

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

If a lady called me that I'd immediately lose my erection, complete turn off.

I don't get it but each to their own if they enjoy it.

over a year ago

Yes it refers to a "Daddy Dom" and is a dynamic of sub/Dom play which tends to be more about nurturing and guiding the "little" or sub.

over a year ago

Lets be real its a term used by ugly old men desperately trying to use young girls nothing more nothing less.

over a year ago

It’s probably referring to Daddy Dom/Little Girl. Nothing to do with age play just a type of D/s releationship

over a year ago

"Yes it refers to a "Daddy Dom" and is a dynamic of sub/Dom play which tends to be more about nurturing and guiding the "little" or sub. "

Beat me to it

over a year ago

The thought of it makes my skin crawl ....

over a year ago

"Yes it refers to a "Daddy Dom" and is a dynamic of sub/Dom play which tends to be more about nurturing and guiding the "little" or sub. "

So in this sense, is there an age gap, where the Daddy Dom is generally older than the sub ?

Is it common, for example, for a younger guy to be a Daddy to an older woman ?

I think that's where the 'confusion' lies in my head

I associate the term with guys older than their bed partners

over a year ago

"Yes it refers to a "Daddy Dom" and is a dynamic of sub/Dom play which tends to be more about nurturing and guiding the "little" or sub.

So in this sense, is there an age gap, where the Daddy Dom is generally older than the sub ?

I associate the term with guys older than their bed partners"

No it is more to do with the type of relationship than age play. That’s a common confusion. I don’t thing the term is helpful as it has such connotations. There is a good chance however that the dynamic may be rooted in paternal psychological needs of the sub though.

over a year ago

"Yes it refers to a "Daddy Dom" and is a dynamic of sub/Dom play which tends to be more about nurturing and guiding the "little" or sub.

It's not about age at all it's about the type of relationship.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

it's a very misunderstood term. Especially on here and is often misconstrued. If you go back in time a little " daddy " was quite a common name for a lady to refer to her partner. It has however been embraced by d/s and is a very broad spectrum but has nothing to do with play that's not allowed on fab in 99% of cases. It normally means that the dominant takes on a much more caring role... the submissive is often seen as "little " but not child like and there lies a lot of misconception..

It is bandied around as much as Dom or master or sir on here though with so many different connotations that not sure on fab it has the same defined meaning as on other fet sites.

In my experience there is rarely a huge age gap. And I still have several friends who have themselves In dd/lg relationship and they get very offended when it's suggested it's something immoral

over a year ago

All interesting stuff

This is what the forums are good for

Being able to reach out and be informed, educated and enlightened by other people in a non-judgey way

over a year ago

"Lets be real its a term used by ugly old men desperately trying to use young girls nothing more nothing less. "

Yes, I agree, and it reeks of nonsense to me

over a year ago

"Lets be real its a term used by ugly old men desperately trying to use young girls nothing more nothing less.

Yes, I agree, and it reeks of nonsense to me"

It seems obvious from the posts above that its use has more context in certain relationships

I guess it is abused by some, mis-used by others and mis-understood by many

Having read of its use on the fet scene, I am a little bit more comfortable with it

Still, in the simplistic terms of an older guy seeking younger playmates here in a 'let's fuck' sense, as you suggest it isn't something that is instantly palatable

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I’m aware of the reasons why people use it but I personally don’t like it.

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

Red and I use it, only occasionally and both enjoy it. I'm not an old man just yet, she's actually older than me.

By *iss.RedWoman
over a year ago

somewhere

"Red and I use it, only occasionally and both enjoy it. I'm not an old man just yet, she's actually older than me."

Weirdly we use it mainly in non sexual contexts. When he's trying to be bossy

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

"Red and I use it, only occasionally and both enjoy it. I'm not an old man just yet, she's actually older than me.

Weirdly we use it mainly in non sexual contexts. When he's trying to be bossy "

Yeah ok of course we do

over a year ago

I’m aware of where it comes from etc... but my own personal experience if anyone said to me that they were my daddy mid play I would up and leave and I have done - once, he wasn’t to know but brings back nothing other than memories of an abusive childhood.

over a year ago

Yes, I saw a females update in her 40s referring to a recent meet in his 20s as her daddy it's just eeky but well look around are environment it's not the first or the last disgusting thing to be read or seen.

over a year ago

"I’m aware of where it comes from etc... but my own personal experience if anyone said to me that they were my daddy mid play I would up and leave and I have done - once, he wasn’t to know but brings back nothing other than memories of an abusive childhood. "

That is one reason why an don’t like the terminology although I understand the dynamic in its D/s sense

over a year ago

"Lets be real its a term used by ugly old men desperately trying to use young girls nothing more nothing less. "

Everyone is always ugly to you!!

over a year ago

"It’s probably referring to Daddy Dom/Little Girl. Nothing to do with age play just a type of D/s releationship"

People just don’t get it, do they?

over a year ago

I associate the term with guys older than their bed partners

Yes, I saw a females update in her 40s referring to a recent meet in his 20s as her daddy it's just eeky but well look around are environment it's not the first or the last disgusting thing to be read or seen."

I don't think it's disgusting

It makes for no more than a bit of cringey cushion crush

Who am I to direct how others conduct their sexual self?

over a year ago

What if you have LONG LEGS

over a year ago

Be wary of kink shaming....

Saying something doesn't appeal is one thing, calling it outright disgusting is something else.

Not your thing? scroll past.

over a year ago

On the subject of fetish and the site where all the terms come from mostly...another is those fuckers in nappys. To me it's a kin to that, all this sinister family play, I know each to their own but if someone is enjoying using labels etc then others can also be revolted by it just the same. Not sure why those that use these terms, seem to think it's others that are the odd ones. Maybe some of these people need reminding of the likes of Jimmy Savile. Would you be calling him daddy when he asks?!?!?

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

Sometimes it is daddy/daughter play, as in the girl will pretend to be the guys daugther. This happens more than people admit.

Other times its just one person takes the older guiding role in the relationship.

I dont like any of the terms, daddy, sir, any of it. I'm into bdsm stuff like spanking, holding a woman down, having my way with her, tying her up, but not cause i am a "daddy" or a "sir" or a "dom", but because I'm a man.

over a year ago

"I’m aware of the reasons why people use it but I personally don’t like it. "

This. . Not for me

over a year ago

"It’s probably referring to Daddy Dom/Little Girl. Nothing to do with age play just a type of D/s releationship

People just don’t get it, do they? "

No they don’t, but the terminology doesn’t help.

over a year ago

"Be wary of kink shaming....

Saying something doesn't appeal is one thing, calling it outright disgusting is something else.

Not your thing? scroll past."

Some should be kept clandestine If that's where it was born out, let's pick another, pets...society will love seeing Arthur taking Mavis to the park for a shit on a leash, Beware of people that munch ahaha catch yourself on. Not all things are mainstream for a reason. Far to many people wanting to shock when society is shocking enough without fet life becoming the norm. All them labels jeeeeezuz

By *entakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

Really? I thought it was a term used by pretty young women desperate to exploit lonely older men for their wealth...

over a year ago

Some should be kept clandestine If that's where it was born out, let's pick another, pets...society will love seeing Arthur taking Mavis to the park for a shit on a leash, Beware of people that munch ahaha catch yourself on. Not all things are mainstream for a reason. Far to many people wanting to shock when society is shocking enough without fet life becoming the norm. All them labels jeeeeezuz "

Here is hardly mainstream. And you have picked a particularly extreme example.

If you do want to pick an example of where "kink" has gone mainstream, try 50 Shades.

If you look through the options available in interests. Watersports, hardly mainstream and a lot go "ewww" internally but don't comment.

over a year ago

In BDSM Daddy, especially when capitalised usually means Daddy Dom and isn't related to age per say although traditionally DD's would be older than their lg.

I use the term Daddy occasionally with lovers becuase I enjoy the DD/lg dynamic. I also use the term Dzaddy when describing a guy with a certain "look" and yes the z is intentional in Dzaddy.

over a year ago

Some should be kept clandestine If that's where it was born out, let's pick another, pets...society will love seeing Arthur taking Mavis to the park for a shit on a leash, Beware of people that munch ahaha catch yourself on. Not all things are mainstream for a reason. Far to many people wanting to shock when society is shocking enough without fet life becoming the norm. All them labels jeeeeezuz

Here is hardly mainstream. And you have picked a particularly extreme example.

If you do want to pick an example of where "kink" has gone mainstream, try 50 Shades.

If you look through the options available in interests. Watersports, hardly mainstream and a lot go "ewww" internally but don't comment."

You're stating that the floodgates should be open, don't question the 'others' do you realise how pathetic that sounds. Ignorance comes in many forms and I personally would prefer the masses remain so when it comes to all of the above. As is happening here things are said for sensationalism that are just pointless to those that understand to the many that don't. As for 50 shades of shite, the fact you feel that's a tiping point says volumes. This is why everyone and their granny is using the term 'daddy' influenced by the internet and can't hold their own piss.

Either way don't comment on an open forum asking people to pipe down so as not to upset fetters, got to be one of the top ten most hypocritical comments to date.

over a year ago

I used to think it sounded abit pedoish and like keeping it in the family. (fab won't let me spell the word)

I once chatted with a girl and she called me daddy.. Later I questioned her about it and she told me that she was abused by her father

I'm not saying that about everyone though.. But that was one of my first experiences of being called daddy and I have since questioned it.

over a year ago

It's very creepy,just like referring to Knickers/ lingerie as panties.

over a year ago

"It's very creepy,just like referring to Knickers/ lingerie as panties.

"

Is that creepy ? Why ? I think that's a cultural thing. Where I come from we use the word panties for knickers.. even though I spoke English before living in England, I'd never used the word knickers before.

Post new Message to Thread