Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Are tatoos played out

Jump to newest

By *edmark07 OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Never really been my thing but each to there own. I read somewhere that younger teens are no longer getting Inked up. Played out or here to stay ??

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Here to stay.

By *edmark07 OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Must admit I was really surprised

over a year ago

"Must admit I was really surprised "

By what?

By *oney to the beeWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

They are pretty much permanent for those who have them without expensive treatment so those with them will want to keep them in fashion.

As every other grandparent has one now I wouldn't be surprised if the younger generation didn't bother as its very common these days and the younger generation try to differentiate themselves from the previous generation.

By *edmark07 OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

The article saying less teens where getting them done. I'd have thought the opposite

over a year ago

I work predominantly with women, they seem to be actively having new tattoos.

By *osie xWoman
over a year ago

wolverhampton

"They are pretty much permanent for those who have them without expensive treatment so those with them will want to keep them in fashion.

As every other grandparent has one now I wouldn't be surprised if the younger generation didn't bother as its very common these days and the younger generation try to differentiate themselves from the previous generation."

I agree with these, no teen wants to be their parents

By *edmark07 OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

All very true but there so much an acceptable part of ppl now. Teens are still wearing jeans even as there parents are

By *oney to the beeWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

"All very true but there so much an acceptable part of ppl now. Teens are still wearing jeans even as there parents are "

That's marketing Levis spends millions on it. Besides you only have to look at the dopey kids wearing them half way down their backsides with 5 inches if pants showing to see they are trying to look different.

By *edmark07 OP   Man
over a year ago

liverpool

Or 5" above the ankle

over a year ago

Here to stay an my teen lad can’t wait to get one

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

Mine are definitely here to stay

By *ilkenWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

A choice for the individual but talking to some friends teenagers they say its what old people have which did make me smile a bit but its how their friends see them. Its all choice though if you want have if not don't the OAP discount though does say a lot.

By *xperimentalistMan
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Mine are staying

over a year ago

Think they are still popular but the style is changing. Those Aboriginal geometric type patterns don't seem to be fashionable now.

over a year ago

my reason for getting a tattoo has never been due to fashion... it has to mean something to me.

over a year ago

The fashion will come and go.

Mullets are long gone

Beards have gone but some cling on

Things always go around.

There does seem a lot of 20 odd year old men with tattoos all the way up their arms

By *utchersDogMan
over a year ago

Orpington

Given that they've been around since 3370bc I'd say they're here to stay...

https://authoritytattoo.com/history-of-tattoos/

By *lbinoGorillaMan
over a year ago

Redditch

I've always said, in this age where everyone is unique - just the same as everyone else - that I mark out my individuality by not having any tattoos.

Mainly because I think they look cheap and common, and also wouldn't look too good combined with body hair....

By *ocbigMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

"Here to stay. "

That, after all is the point...

By *ankie303Woman
over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

I was in a pretty huge tattoo que 4 weeks ago and felt well old compared to most of the others around me but then friday 13th has always "been a thing" in Weymouth (cant speak for anywhere else) and the collage age kids are certainly getting involved down here

over a year ago

Everything comes and goes and comes again. Tattooing as a practice, has existed for thousands of years. Once used to identify tribes and individuals, our cultural attitudes change but they will never go away entirely, until we do.

over a year ago

My tattoos have never been a fashion statement, they’ve always been personal to me. A visual image of my journey through life. They are not cheap (in any way, have you seen the prices we pay for our ink!) they are not a passing phase, they are simply artwork that I have chosen to adorn my body with.

I’ve had so many insults by people because of being a heavily tattooed woman, but that’s their opinion and it doesn’t affect me one bit. It was actually the much older generation of ladies who I worked with who were more accepting. My mums generation, and the ones who have been less tolerant, not so much.

Luckily nurses uniforms changed from white to blue so not so visible. Attitudes have changed. Student nurses, a lot of the age range mentioned, are being accepted by the NHS, with their visible tattoos, and many teenagers still seem to see it as a rite of passage, as it were, so I can’t see them dying out anytime soon xx

Viv x

over a year ago

Not sure why but find it quite interesting to see which World Cup Rugby Teams tend to display more tatoos than others.

By *anana JoeMan
over a year ago

Sheffield

They have become the norm every 20 yr old chav has one these days so no longer edgy or different.

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

There will always be tattoos, but I do think some of those 20 somethings now who have had their face, neck and head covered in tats will be regretting it soon. I like tattoos myself but my neck and face are out of bounds.

over a year ago

Here to stay

over a year ago

People have been tattooed/tattooing for literally thousands of years; it's always going to be around.

By *heekyFlirtyCoupleCouple
over a year ago

Stockport

"Never really been my thing but each to there own. I read somewhere that younger teens are no longer getting Inked up. Played out or here to stay ??"

Daughter who’s 18 has started to get them and so have her friends. My son who’s 28 has quite a few along with quite a few of his friends. I have one that I got two years ago (48) and cried like a baby and won’t get another!

Can’t imagine that it will ever stop

By *arksxMan
over a year ago

Leicester / London

I don't have any but always thought about one....

I consider them art too but I buy paintings and hang them on my walls

How much does a decent tattoo cost?

over a year ago

Each to their own I say.

I don’t have any tattoos and I’ve never had the desire to get any.

I have friends with them and they look nice on them, but for me personally I’d never have one.

By *hom01Man
over a year ago

St. Albans

Mine are all personal - here to stay & more to follow !

over a year ago

I love mine. Will get more! I never understand people who say 'won't you regret that when you are 80?'

A) I don't think I will make 80. B) If I do, I will not have had a personality transplant!

Post new Message to Thread