Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Star Wars Galaxy's Edge

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

For any Star Wars fans here, who is planning on checking this place out once it's opened?

For those who are unaware of what I'm on about, Galaxy's Edge is a Star Wars themed area that will be opening at Disney Parks in California and in Florida.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *lem-H-FandangoMan
over a year ago

salisbury

I might "boldly go" there one day! Beam me up Buck Rodgers!

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

"I might "boldly go" there one day! Beam me up Buck Rodgers! "

I love Star Wars

By *isnerdsCouple
over a year ago

Shropshire

We are in WDW on opening day, but won’t be going anywhere near!!! On the bright side, the other parks should be nice and quiet!!!

over a year ago

Me and the family (mum, dad and brother) are gonna see if we can go to Florida in the next couple of years for my mum and dad's 40th anniversary so it will be pretty cool to see what Galaxy's Edge is like.

By *ister KinkyMan
over a year ago

Sussex

They are doing a Galaxys Edge Hotel as well.

I love staying at BWV, but this could be a new favourite.

over a year ago

"They are doing a Galaxys Edge Hotel as well.

I love staying at BWV, but this could be a new favourite. "

I have heard it will be an immersive experience staying in the Star Wars Hotel plus it will have transport from the hotel to Galaxy's Edge.

I've heard that Disneyland version opening next month, for a limited time only, guests will have to book a reservation to enter the park which will have a 4 hour time slot. The same might happen with the Disney World version as well.

I can understand why Disney have put the reservation system in place which is to avoid capacity issues around opening time as having too many guests could ruin the experience.

over a year ago

Thought I'd bump this as Galaxy's Edge has just opened in Disneyland in California and from what I've seen on YouTube, the experience looks amazing and really looks like you are in the world of Star Wars.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 31/05/19 14:07:34]

By *ister KinkyMan
over a year ago

Sussex

"Thought I'd bump this as Galaxy's Edge has just opened in Disneyland in California and from what I've seen on YouTube, the experience looks amazing and really looks like you are in the world of Star Wars."

Looks fan-bloody-tastic

By *Marvel-Man
over a year ago

In The Gym

I would if I lived there.

over a year ago

"Thought I'd bump this as Galaxy's Edge has just opened in Disneyland in California and from what I've seen on YouTube, the experience looks amazing and really looks like you are in the world of Star Wars.

Looks fan-bloody-tastic "

Indeed it does. The Smuggler's Run ride looks like a good fun experience as it's pretty much a ride simulator and a game rolled into the one.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Apparently, in addition to your standard park entry, to access the new Star Wars area they're going to charge you an extra £95 and will kick you out after 4 hours

By *aitonelMan
over a year ago

Liverpool

Take a look at the reviews, it seems its really not that great at all. The vast majority of people say the excitement stops once you have bored the falcon for the first time. After that it is nothing special.

over a year ago

"Apparently, in addition to your standard park entry, to access the new Star Wars area they're going to charge you an extra £95 and will kick you out after 4 hours"

I think that is only temporary for a couple of months. I don't see that being a permanent thing.

over a year ago

"Take a look at the reviews, it seems its really not that great at all. The vast majority of people say the excitement stops once you have bored the falcon for the first time. After that it is nothing special. "

Understandable seeing the ride is just a game and a simulator like I said earlier but I think as soon as the Rise of the Resistance ride opens later in the year, it will probably improve.

By *partharmonyCouple
over a year ago

Ruislip

Is that near Guildford? If it's not then it will be awkward to get to.

Post new Message to Thread