Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Advice please

Jump to newest

By *4Fantasy OP   Couple
over a year ago

Spalding

OK, I ned to get fit and slimmer. I debated on a personal trainer but ruled that out due to cost. So I thought I would by either a wii fit or something for the xbox.

Do any of you have either of the fitness products and if so would you advise it they are any good?

I don't know what to get for the best.

Kazx

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

silly as it sounds, computer fitness things are gimmicks, unless you have the discipline to do it properly (then again, i suppose its the same with everything)

apparently davina's new fitness dvd is getting rave reviews, so may be worth giving a go.

over a year ago

I have the wii fit and to be honest dont use it to its full potential as it allows you way to many ways of skivving off it!

If your very unfit a good option is Curves, I went a few years ago and lost the weight and toned up nicely. Its not as full on as most gyms but is a good starting point.

If you can keep yourself motivated walking at a good pace is perfect as it costs nothing and a couple of 20 mins walks twice a day can be slotted in even on a busy schedule.

over a year ago

"OK, I ned to get fit and slimmer. I debated on a personal trainer but ruled that out due to cost. So I thought I would by either a wii fit or something for the xbox.

Do any of you have either of the fitness products and if so would you advise it they are any good?

Kazx"

If you can mentally replace the word 'need' with 'want', it might be easier, thats my advice

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

I moaned until i got a wii fit, I used it once and its been in the cupboard ever since. That was about 2yrs or so ago

You have to be in the right mind set, other wise you will do exactly the same as I did.

Best of luck xx

over a year ago

Davina's DVDS are hardcore. If you don't want to go into a gym or anything I would get yourself a dance based fitness DVD. It's at least fun. But you need to get off your bum and do it!

Whatever you do, have fun!

By *4Fantasy OP   Couple
over a year ago

Spalding

"OK, I ned to get fit and slimmer. I debated on a personal trainer but ruled that out due to cost. So I thought I would by either a wii fit or something for the xbox.

Kazx

If you can mentally replace the word 'need' with 'want', it might be easier, thats my advice"

Point taken

By *4Fantasy OP   Couple
over a year ago

Spalding

Have to say all you ladies are quite right and it is a disciplined thing. But... I really really want to lose at least 2 dress sizes so getting fitter/toning up and eating properly is the way to go.

I quite like the look of the zumba videos, and the 'dance games' look fun too.

Kazx

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

"I moaned until i got a wii fit, I used it once and its been in the cupboard ever since. That was about 2yrs or so ago

You have to be in the right mind set, other wise you will do exactly the same as I did.

Best of luck xx"

Wi fit doesnt work you hard enough - takes ages to lose the same calories as a brisk walk - but like the way you can set your target weight and track your weightloss

By *o Peep n WoodyCouple
over a year ago

suffolk

"Have to say all you ladies are quite right and it is a disciplined thing. But... I really really want to lose at least 2 dress sizes so getting fitter/toning up and eating properly is the way to go.

I quite like the look of the zumba videos, and the 'dance games' look fun too.

Kazx"

Join a zumba class, more discipline that way

By *usup4funsouthMan
over a year ago

tidworth

You all look amazing

Kazx

If you can mentally replace the word 'need' with 'want', it might be easier, thats my advice

Point taken "

you all look amazing

over a year ago

I have a step machine with shock absorbers to take the wear and tear off your bones. When I use it regularly for just ten mins a day I get quickly toned up and can lose weight over a period of 6 months or so as each day you have the urge to do a little more.

Have it in the room overlooking the garden and cd play on hand makes for pleasant recreation and encourages me to go there.

over a year ago

Just cut down on the crappy foods, it really is that simple!

Swap red meats for white meats or fish, swap the pasta/bread/rice for wholewheat/meal.

Don't skip breakfast, or any meal in fact.

Exercise is only 25% of the goal

over a year ago

"Just cut down on the crappy foods, it really is that simple!

Swap red meats for white meats or fish, swap the pasta/bread/rice for wholewheat/meal.

Don't skip breakfast, or any meal in fact.

Exercise is only 25% of the goal "

yer right, ex just tones you up and makes you look slimmer but to drop down a size you do need to undertake a regular and balance diet. Lots of fruit helped me.

By *4Fantasy OP   Couple
over a year ago

Spalding

Thanks everyone,

You are all sweet

I know what I have to do... its just the willpower I have a problem with :!

I really want to do it though and look fab for fab for summer lol

Kazx

over a year ago

but you should want to do it for yourself.

your other half probably already a dores you no matter what, and those you attract likewise.

im the same as you, however. very low wilpowwer when it comes to not eating shit

over a year ago

I have an exercise bike, also bought a complete Zumba kit with DVDs and the shakers.

Hardly touched them.

Now I dance 3 times a week, 1h of ballroom and latin, 2 hours of tap, that is on top of walking the dog 30min each day (2h every Sat or Sun).

My advise would be to join a class of some sort, dance/exercise/whatever, and get motivated by your classmates, rather than to go it alone.

It works for me, however, I appreciate it may not work for others.

Good luck.

over a year ago

hey i got some games on the wii but i couldnt find the motivation to do them.

I go to the gym 6 times a week and its changed my life. I go to about 3 classes a night and its the exact motivation i need.

It is expense yes but for me its worth every penny. Loads of gyms have offers on at the moment so have a look around xx

over a year ago

Ive got JustDance2 and Abba - JustDance

both are amazing fun and really doesnt feel like your working out til after.

Post new Message to Thread