Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

John Terry looses it again.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Well John Terry’s lost his captaincy again but is it too early. After all he hasn’t been convicted yet and its innocent till proven guilty.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

In all fairness, he is a fucking prick though.

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

"Well John Terry’s lost his captaincy again but is it too early. After all he hasn’t been convicted yet and its innocent till proven guilty. "

presumed innocent - theres a huge difference

By *ugartitsandhimCouple
over a year ago

North West

Most normal companies would have suspended him as soon as the allegation was made ! so he is lucky he is still working and still getting paid a vast amount of money ..... i really dont think he is suffering to much

over a year ago

"i really dont think he is suffering to much "

I'm certain he doesn't care in the slightest. There's no chance he'll get found guilty anyway.

Multi millionaires don't usually get prosecuted for anything.

Remember when Steven Gerrard was caught on CCTV beating up that DJ for playing the wrong music?

He was pretty much bang to rights, but was found not guilty.

The UK has the best justice system money can buy.

over a year ago

As usual, the FA have fucked things up, again. Terry has retained the captaincy since October when the allegations against him first surfaced.

There is no way England can go to a major football tournament with a captain due to answer a charge of racism a week after the tournament closes. The matter has to be dealt with before Euro 2012 starts, and if it can't be sorted by then, Terry should have voluntarily stepped down in the name of the sport, England and his own good name.

If he'd have said, "I resign the captaincy on the grounds that retaining it will harm the England team, but I refute the allegations against me and will clear my good name," and THEN been proven innocent, he'd have been held up as a fookin messiah by the media.

I also question the motives of a foreign manager who consistently picks bad teams and makes duff decisions for England but has a proven managerial track record elsewhere.

over a year ago

"Well John Terry’s lost his captaincy again but is it too early. After all he hasn’t been convicted yet and its innocent till proven guilty. "

I am disappointed he didn't man up and admit to what he said. But he didn't admit or seem to care about cheating on a friend with his partner. He is an excuse for a man in my eyes and isn't fit to lead.

over a year ago

"As usual, the FA have fucked things up, again. Terry has retained the captaincy since October when the allegations against him first surfaced.

There is no way England can go to a major football tournament with a captain due to answer a charge of racism a week after the tournament closes. The matter has to be dealt with before Euro 2012 starts, and if it can't be sorted by then, Terry should have voluntarily stepped down in the name of the sport, England and his own good name.

If he'd have said, "I resign the captaincy on the grounds that retaining it will harm the England team, but I refute the allegations against me and will clear my good name," and THEN been proven innocent, he'd have been held up as a fookin messiah by the media.

I also question the motives of a foreign manager who consistently picks bad teams and makes duff decisions for England but has a proven managerial track record elsewhere."

Terry shouldn't be captain for the simple reason that he's no longer assured of a place in the starting eleven.

I'm not Rooney's biggest fan, but he, Joe Hart and Ashley Cole are the only players who are. Therefore, it should really be one of those three.

Rooney misses the first 2 games and Ashley Cole is a major prick, so I reckon it should be Hart, despite his obvious inexperience.

over a year ago

"As usual, the FA have fucked things up, again. Terry has retained the captaincy since October when the allegations against him first surfaced.

I also question the motives of a foreign manager who consistently picks bad teams and makes duff decisions for England but has a proven managerial track record elsewhere.

Terry shouldn't be captain for the simple reason that he's no longer assured of a place in the starting eleven.

I'm not Rooney's biggest fan, but he, Joe Hart and Ashley Cole are the only players who are. Therefore, it should really be one of those three.

Rooney misses the first 2 games and Ashley Cole is a major prick, so I reckon it should be Hart, despite his obvious inexperience. "

Ashley Cole isn't a leader at all, Heart is but goalkeepers don't make ideal captains. Rooney? I am not sure he has the brain for it.

over a year ago

The fuckers guilty ask any lip reader. Transfer him to Al Ahly.

By *un_JuiceCouple
over a year ago

Nr Chester

My thoughts on JT having considered this issue long and hard are that throughout the history of competative sport and life in general people often use a pre fix before attacking them vocally with words relating to the first thing the human eye picks up on, that being the standout feature of the victim they target.

Jan Molby, his weight therefor fat b'stard.

Say Robbie Keane, Irish whatever.

David Speedie, shortarse blaa blaa.

Jurgen Klinsmann, German so and so.

Justin Fashanu, Gay something else.

Anton Fredinand and in the early days John Barnes, Black take your pick.

All are insults relating to someones features or respective backgrounds, religions, nationalities, colours and other labels.

Racism is not acceptible, hatred also.

Heckling and winding up someone for a reaction or to vent anger or frustration has gone on forever.

I would love to think that although it's clear he said what he is alleged to have that he is not malicious, his day to day life and career has been spent with all and sundry, look how cosmopolitan London is !

Only he can answer himself but for certain he has lost more respect than ever and has become a figure of hate and has let down himself, his family, friends, team mates to name a few.

Personally i think this will stay with him forever and rightfully so no matter what the punishment, he will be labelled.

If i were a colleague and black i would not want to protect him, look him in the eye and the trust would cease. could i even remain professional.

It's rife, many other nations are far worse and it seems accepted, you only have to look at Turkey, Italy, Greece, Poland, Ukraine for example that the problem in them countries are far worse.

How can Rio possibly line up with him again.

How should he be punished, was it a typically stroppy reaction by him or through hate.

There's no right answer for me in how he should be dealt with.

He is certainly the scapegoat for something that many have got away with in the past.

At it's worst i've experienced vile abuse in Holland between Ajax & Feyenoord. Mainly by 'supporters' but players too were hardly exempt.

Some names used by the Rotterdam team doesn't bear telling you but thinking on the lines of their Jewish origins, wishing terminal illness on them and their Mothers being rather reputable for the sexual exploits may give you an idea.

A part of me thinks let him who hasn't sinned cast the first stone.

But in this case perhaps every dog has its day and you truly do reap what you sow.

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

I also question the motives of a foreign manager who consistently picks bad teams and makes duff decisions for England but has a proven managerial track record elsewhere."

Wishy we agree agree on something

By *nsatiable firebirdWoman
over a year ago

LEEDS

Racism needs to be wiped out and for him to be kept as captain would be a disgrace. The Steven lawrence case is well justified of what racism is about and strip anyone bare if they are ignorant. If I was the manager of England id make sure he never played football again

over a year ago

I have always thought Mid Fielders make the best Captains, and Central Midfielders at that. This leaves Gerrard (Already and experienced Captain of long standing) and Frank Lampard (a good player, though I rate Gerrard's skills more highly)......

2p

over a year ago

be nice if he got an 8 match ban like saurez, that wont happen though, even if he does get found guilty the worst that will happen is a fine which is basically getting off scott free for a millionaire sports personality

By *emmefataleWoman
over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Sorry to butt in but anyone know what the OPs username stands for or am i just being blonde? OP can ya tell me puuurrrrlease ?

Carry on....

By *oole2010Couple
over a year ago

southampto

well one of the golden boys of the fa can still play in the euros despite having to go to court luis suarez was quickly banned by the fa for 8 games despite there being no video evidence he did admit to saying the word but as others have pointed out racism isnt taken seriously in other countries he said the word as it is commonplace to do so in his country he was guilty of ignorance but he now will realise he cannot in this country so admitting he did it with no video evidence and only his word against evras he was banned the police have video evidence with john terrys allegation so why arent they reviewing it ? its because they are hiding behind the police and are hoping he will be found not guilty so they dont have to ban him this whole thing stinks by the fa but they are old farts protecting the golden boy so i hope this one bites them rite on the arse

over a year ago

man for woman in catsuit?

over a year ago

not a nice man lots better thn him

over a year ago

might feel wonderful in corset?

over a year ago

I think the FA have got it just about right. They've given Terry every opportunity to 'do the honourable thing' (like Chris Hulme), but Terry's cloth isn't cut that way. They have to walk that fine balance of protecting the integrity and position of the England Captain whilst respecting the mantre of innocent until proven guilty.

They've got it right.

over a year ago

Speaking as a Chelsea fan I think they got the decision right ...eventually. He should have been stripped of the England captaincy on the day he was charged.

On the other hand I can't help thinking that if Didier Drogba,Michael Essien and Ashley Cole really thought JT was a racist he would have already lost the Chelsea armband.

over a year ago

I don't care much for John Terry, but ive been wrestling with this situation.

his defence will be that AF accused him of calling him a "...... ........" and he said "no, I didn't call you a "....... ........"

I've been trying to figure out whether you might repeat the words "...... ........" back or would you say "no, I didn't say THAT".

I'd say the latter im sure. I suspect his lawyers will be able to sow enough doubt about the above though.

By *littylikka69Man
over a year ago

West Midlands

i see that rio ferdinand has said he would not accept the england captains job if offered it,thats laughable as he is not good enough to get into the england squad anyway!,far too slow and gets caught out dithering on the ball far too often these days i am afraid.

over a year ago

"i see that rio ferdinand has said he would not accept the england captains job if offered it,thats laughable as he is not good enough to get into the england squad anyway!,far too slow and gets caught out dithering on the ball far too often these days i am afraid."

A fit Ferdinand is still first choice at United, he's still one of the best defenders in the world. He probably gets 'caught out' less than any other English defender playing in the Premier League.

I think his decision had much to do with the fact that Anton Ferdinand, the guy Terry is alledged to have abused, is his brother. He doesn't want to be seen to gain from his brothers allegation. He appears to appreciate the England Captains job should be beyond reproach.

By *ashful BazMan
over a year ago

poole dorset

"i see that rio ferdinand has said he would not accept the england captains job if offered it,thats laughable as he is not good enough to get into the england squad anyway!,far too slow and gets caught out dithering on the ball far too often these days i am afraid.

A fit Ferdinand is still first choice at United, he's still one of the best defenders in the world. He probably gets 'caught out' less than any other English defender playing in the Premier League.

I think his decision had much to do with the fact that Anton Ferdinand, the guy Terry is alledged to have abused, is his brother. He doesn't want to be seen to gain from his brothers allegation. He appears to appreciate the England Captains job should be beyond reproach. "

Well said.

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i can't believe i am about to do what i am.... but i agree completely agree with wishy!! bloody hell has this ever happened..... i must not be well!!

there is absolutely no way england could have this hanging over them going into the tournament so it needed to be sorted one way or another before it started....

i would actually go one further and say terry shouldn't be in the squad until this is all sorted... because after the criminal stuff you know that FA charges are coming knowing the burden of proof for that is going to be a lot lot lower.....

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

i can't believe i am about to do what i am.... but i agree completely agree with wishy!! bloody hell has this ever happened..... i must not be well!!

there is absolutely no way england could have this hanging over them going into the tournament so it needed to be sorted one way or another before it started....

i would actually go one further and say terry shouldn't be in the squad until this is all sorted... because after the criminal stuff you know that FA charges are coming knowing the burden of proof for that is going to be a lot lot lower....."

agreed but the FA won't do anything if he's found not guilty

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I have the England armband

over a year ago

"

agreed but the FA won't do anything if he's found not guilty"

He'll have no FA charge to answer if found not guilty

By *irtydanMan
over a year ago

Blackpool

"In all fairness, he is a fucking prick though."
i agree and he should have never been aloud to be captain again

By *UNCHBOXMan
over a year ago

folkestone

i would actually go one further and say terry shouldn't be in the squad until this is all sorted... because after the criminal stuff you know that FA charges are coming knowing the burden of proof for that is going to be a lot lot lower.....

agreed but the FA won't do anything if he's found not guilty"

I think the FA may still charge Terry because the burden of proof isnt the same as in a criminal case. The FA cant do anything until the court case is over anyway, so not to prejudice the case.

Disregarding the court case, ive always disliked John Terry, as he has a long list of misdemeanours.

over a year ago

"

Disregarding the court case, ive always disliked John Terry, as he has a long list of misdemeanours. "

a long list..such as?

over a year ago

With the amount of media interest and speculation, I wouldn't be surprised if his counsell cite mistrial on the grounds that he is unlikely to get a fair hearing.

By *UNCHBOXMan
over a year ago

folkestone

"

Disregarding the court case, ive always disliked John Terry, as he has a long list of misdemeanours.

a long list..such as?"

Too long to list here but they include; Insulting americans the day after 9/11 at Heathrow airport; pissing in a pint glass in a nightclub; the numerous affairs; parking in a disabled bay.

Compare and contrast with one of Italy's most famous footballers; Paulo Maldini. I dont recall one single negative story about him whatsover in his career. In fact he is soo revered at AC Milan they have retired his number 3 shirt. Somehow i cant see anyone doing that for Terry.

over a year ago

"

Too long to list here but they include; Insulting americans the day after 9/11 at Heathrow airport; pissing in a pint glass in a nightclub; the numerous affairs; parking in a disabled bay.

He never insulted americans. Him and 3 other players upset some people with their d*unken behaviour,a few 21 year olds got pissed and fucked about.did London's pubs close on 7/7?. the incident is mentioned on JT's wiki page but not on Frank Lampard's funny that innit seeing as Frank was there.

Numerous affairs? Name one.

Name one proven affair.

Is pissing in a pint pot a misdemamour?

"

over a year ago

"

Paulo Maldini. I dont recall one single negative story about him whatsover in his career. In fact he is soo revered at AC Milan they have retired his number 3 shirt. Somehow i cant see anyone doing that for Terry.

"

isn't he being investigated by the italian authorities for dodgy tax dealings?

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

agreed but the FA won't do anything if he's found not guilty

I think the FA may still charge Terry because the burden of proof isnt the same as in a criminal case. The FA cant do anything until the court case is over anyway, so not to prejudice the case.

Disregarding the court case, ive always disliked John Terry, as he has a long list of misdemeanours. "

This is what Im saying - biy the FA will say he's been cleared by a court so can't be guilty - and yet they have used a diiferent burden of proof for Suarez

By *UNCHBOXMan
over a year ago

folkestone

"

He never insulted americans. Him and 3 other players upset some people with their d*unken behaviour,a few 21 year olds got pissed and fucked about.did London's pubs close on 7/7?. the incident is mentioned on JT's wiki page but not on Frank Lampard's funny that innit seeing as Frank was there.

Numerous affairs? Name one.

Name one proven affair.

Is pissing in a pint pot a misdemamour?

"

“I’ve misbehaved and slept with girls behind her back and that’s not right. She knows about it all now and we’re moving on. I’m not going to cheat on her ever again.”

A direct quote from John Terry. Source Daily Telegraph website. Feel free to look it up.

As for the 9/11 story, he was fined 2 weeks wages over the incident. And if the story was in any way not true, im sure his lawyers would have sued the paper for reporting it as such.

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

He should never be Captain anyway given he's past form...what a terrible role model for kids...well, most kids!

Post new Message to Thread