Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Have you changed to ALDI's or Lidls?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Seems many have. Im converted to Aldis.Money saved better in my pocket than 'big' supermarkets tills

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

yeap

By *andybeachWoman
over a year ago

In the middle

Nope, still Sainsbury’s or M&S for me

over a year ago

I did try once but wasn’t keen. Sainsbury’s for me.

over a year ago

I always use Aldi. It's my closest supermarket so it's extra convenient.

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

I shop in whatever supermarket I'm nearest to when I realise I need to buy stuff.

By *ewrocksWoman
over a year ago

button moon

I love our Lidl! Go in for a few basic shopping items, come out with hiking books a circular saw and a ladder

By *ewrocksWoman
over a year ago

button moon

Boots not books ffs

over a year ago

Yep I often use Lidl as it’s quite local. I use Aldi occasionally too when passing. However I’m promiscuous in my shopping habits and like the variety in the bigger stores, so often use Tesco and sometimes Sainsburys or Waitrose.

over a year ago

"Boots not books ffs "

I did think that hiking books would be a bit of a niche market.

over a year ago

Changed to Aldi as a lot cheaper than the big supermarkets. Their brand copies are as good as the originals.

over a year ago

Yep, Aldi. Easily saves £50-60 a week on the shopping bill.

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman
over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

We have a Lidl in our town which is great as the only other one is a Waitrose which can be expensive. But there are some things I just can't get in there so have to do the odd bits when I'm off elsewhere

over a year ago

Aldi/Lidl for main shop, Sainsbury’s for any brand stuff we can’t get in the others and M and S for treats !

over a year ago

I love aldi. I was a brand snob for years and years but finally tried some of their products and converted.

By *elma and ShaggyCouple
over a year ago

Bedworth

We shop around. Tesco, Aldi and Sainsbury’s for us.

Cat food has to be certain low carb brands because one of the clowder is diabetic, the only supermarket to stock it around here is Sainsbury’s so hubby goes on his way home from work. For the main shop we park in Tesco, walk across the road to Aldi. Certain things we prefer their version so we grab them from there. Next we do the rest of the weekly shop in Tesco. Meat we tend to buy from a local butcher

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

Not really. Alot is poor quality compared to Asda own brand. A large amount of items I have purchased went in the bin poor taste or quality or is mold.

Price wise there is not much difference between Asda or Lidl aldi if you purchase own branded.

over a year ago

"Aldi/Lidl for main shop, Sainsbury’s for any brand stuff we can’t get in the others and M and S for treats !"

That's the one

By *eviant KnightMan
over a year ago

Norton

Every time I go to aldi means more beer money! Ecstatic

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"Seems many have. Im converted to Aldis.Money saved better in my pocket than 'big' supermarkets tills"

I shop primarily at Aldi and Tesco! Surprisingly a few items are cheaper at my local Tesco (steaks for instance) than Aldi! Those two are both fairly close to me too! I also get a few things from B&M bargains (protein drinks, cereal bars, crisps etc!)

I like ‘good’ food - so anything I can do to keep the cost down I’ll do!

over a year ago

I find Aldi cheaper but then end up buying more that I might otherwise so not saving !

By *erriAnneTV/TS
over a year ago

The shire

Can't wait for ours to open instead of using Asda all the time

over a year ago

I don't like either, apart from their little bottles of lager. I'm a Waitrose fan.

over a year ago

"Seems many have. Im converted to Aldis.Money saved better in my pocket than 'big' supermarkets tills

I shop primarily at Aldi and Tesco! Surprisingly a few items are cheaper at my local Tesco (steaks for instance) than Aldi! Those two are both fairly close to me too! I also get a few things from B&M bargains (protein drinks, cereal bars, crisps etc!)

I like ‘good’ food - so anything I can do to keep the cost down I’ll do! "

Love B&M

over a year ago

There's going to be an Aldi built near by,in the mean time it'll be Waitrose for me,at least they occasionally call me sir & some hot classey women shop there.

over a year ago

Nope Asda loyal (sometimes tesco) lol

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"Seems many have. Im converted to Aldis.Money saved better in my pocket than 'big' supermarkets tills

I like ‘good’ food - so anything I can do to keep the cost down I’ll do!

Love B&M "

If you use them anyway - the new Mo Farrah protein drinks are brilliant value! 26g protein for 79p!

over a year ago

I find the local Lidl and Aldi to be a more pleasant shopping experience. The shops are smaller, the staff acknowledge you and the people who shop there seem nicer.

In Morrisons, Tesco, Asda there always seems to be kids running around/screaming, people pushing past, rude & grumpy staff and the shops themselves look tired & scrubby.

M&S have some nice things but there's always something I need that they don't have.

over a year ago

I try to go to Aldi when I remember but I am 2 minutes away from a Sainsbury superstore..

By *arry WindsorMan
over a year ago

Heaton Park Manchester

"I love our Lidl! Go in for a few basic shopping items, come out with hiking books a circular saw and a ladder "

Sounds like mealtimes in your house could be interesting!

over a year ago

I go to Asda, sometimes I pop in to Aldi but they don’t have a lot of what I buy so it’s just useful to top up with bread and a few bits in between a big shop x

By *ertnsarahCouple
over a year ago

West Bromwich

Lidl all the way! On our doorstep, the staff are really friendly & helpful & Newcky Brown £1.25 a bottle, what's not to love??

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

With the amount of chicken I eat, I shop at Lidl. £1.69 for 8 thighs. Better quality than tescos.

By *irthandgirthMan
over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

Only problem I have with Lidl/Aldi is the cashiers throwing your stuff across the till at a hundred miles an hour..

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

Wines from Aldi are excellent. Whoever their buyer is, they know what their doing. Italian reds are the best, as soon as your paying over £6 in Aldi, it's going to be good stuff. I've started buying their IPA's as well. Smaller cans but I just buy 6 different ones instead of 4 different ones of the larger bottles.

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman
over a year ago

Hampshire

Aldi fan here.

By *alking HeadMan
over a year ago

Bolton

"Only problem I have with Lidl/Aldi is the cashiers throwing your stuff across the till at a hundred miles an hour.."

This is so true! I just refuse to go at their breakneck pace. My trolleyful doesn't fit on the conveyer in one go, I have to get some stuff bagged before I can get the rest on. If they improved this aspect of their shops, more people might use them.

over a year ago

Used to use ALDI and LIDL a lot, but since then I've moved into a better job.

I mainly use Tesco as it's not far from my house by bus, and I get a lot of multibuy items as I like to have a few vegetarian days per week, and simply put, I spend more, but get more per £1 spent there, which is good, as I'm trying to put muscle on atm so I go through Quorn, tofu and skyr really fast.

I actually gave up on LIDL a bit before my new job, I found I was throwing away bits of fruit and veg from a couple of packs ever week, and the tinned pulses came out mushy and more watery.

I value good nutrition and don't like food waste, so I'm happy to pay more for food which lasts.

By *ewrocksWoman
over a year ago

button moon

"I love our Lidl! Go in for a few basic shopping items, come out with hiking books a circular saw and a ladder

Sounds like mealtimes in your house could be interesting! "

I'm a shit cook anyway, playing with tools is good excuse for a take away

over a year ago

"Wines from Aldi are excellent. Whoever their buyer is, they know what their doing. Italian reds are the best, as soon as your paying over £6 in Aldi, it's going to be good stuff. I've started buying their IPA's as well. Smaller cans but I just buy 6 different ones instead of 4 different ones of the larger bottles."

Agreed, I know if I'm going to a house do and it's a bring your own wine or beer kind of thing, my stop is ALDI, the Durro wine from Portugal is great. Never seen it in tesco or ASDA.

Though I'm a sucker for the 3 for whatever offer Tesco puts on, good range of local beers for me atleast.

By *irginieWoman
over a year ago

Near Marlborough

I go to Lidl especially for some fruit/veg, nuts, frozen fish and their country specific specials... love the Italian and Greek products.

Some things I can only get in my local Waitrose.

My main fruit and veg /eggs and diary gets delivered via Abel and Cole.

Vx

over a year ago

Since a Lidl opened around the corner from me I've been converted. The freshly baked goodies are especially good. I've saved a ton on what I used to spend at sainsburys and I'm even back to cooking more meals from scratch and eating healthier. The last two things there are very probably not as a result of where I shop though.

By *ewrocksWoman
over a year ago

button moon

"Only problem I have with Lidl/Aldi is the cashiers throwing your stuff across the till at a hundred miles an hour..

This is so true! I just refuse to go at their breakneck pace. My trolleyful doesn't fit on the conveyer in one go, I have to get some stuff bagged before I can get the rest on. If they improved this aspect of their shops, more people might use them."

I get a second trolley, and have trolley bags, colour coordinated, for fridge stuff freezer stuff etc, I love packing there, I can keep up with them now

By *inkysexpotMan
over a year ago

leeds

I shop at Aldi but I find the fruit and veg doesn't keep very well so it's a local veg stall for any of that

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Also convert here

over a year ago

Aldi mainly for me, other than that I go to Waitrose or M&S. I prefer Aldi as they have similar stuff I can get in m&s but cheaper.

over a year ago

Came across Lidl many many years ago while living in France and loved it. When it arrived here it was a no-boner, sorry brainer and have always done my main shop there. I do prefer the European flavours and options anyways, but the saving is great. They do source local fresh produce too which is a good thing.

By *iger4uWoman
over a year ago

In my happy place

Anywhere but Asda.

Can't stand their stuff.

By *ENGUYMan
over a year ago

Hull

I find that with Lidl, I have better value for money, in terms of quantity, meat wise, than with the other Big 4 supermarkets.

Other products such as fruit, yoghurts, and juices are far cheaper plus the quality is great.

over a year ago

"Seems many have. Im converted to Aldis.Money saved better in my pocket than 'big' supermarkets tills"

I constantly hear how they are both cheaper...I never find that and I also always feel like I'm in a warehouse of food when I go in. Although I can be a bit of a snob.

over a year ago

I love Lidls, there are some bits I will only buy from Sainsbury, and I only ever buy my meat from a butcher but Lidls is amazing! And I love the random baskets of tatt they have!

over a year ago

I constantly hear how they are both cheaper...I never find that and I also always feel like I'm in a warehouse of food when I go in. Although I can be a bit of a snob. "

One example,Aldis, hi- juice 50% yes 50% blackcurrant

juice 89p.

ribena..9% blackcurrant juice over £2 at bigger supermarkets...simples

By *iverscuMan
over a year ago

Berkshire

I shop at most of the supermarkets depending where I am. The quality isn't an issue for Aldi and Lidl. They both have great products. The range isn't as much as you can get elsewhere but do you really need 15 different brands of rice etc?

By *dward_TeagueMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

I buy some things from Aldi, beer and wine as mentioned and their fresh Parmesan is beautiful.

I buy dishwasher tablets, washing detergent and household cleaning products from Home Bargains who are very cheap.

Fresh meat and veg comes from my local farm shop which is a fantastic place with award winning butchers.

The rest is topped up with a Sainsbury’s home delivery every couple of weeks.

Certainly buying like this has saved me a decent amount of cash so I’m happy.

over a year ago

I constantly hear how they are both cheaper...I never find that and I also always feel like I'm in a warehouse of food when I go in. Although I can be a bit of a snob. "

I’m a Whole Foods snob sometimes but still enjoy Aldi. Just depends on my mood and if I want to cook or be lazy.

over a year ago

I prefer to forage if the weather is nice.

over a year ago

We both refuse to pay more than we need to, unless there's a difference in quality.

Aldi, Tesco and Morrison's all close to us, similar distance.

So, can shop at any, depending on what we want/need

over a year ago

I shop around to keep costs down, main shop is usually Sainsburys as I like the consistency of their products, I find some items can be very hit & miss elsewhere.

The local market for fruit & veggies and treats like biscuits / chocolate etc come from Lidl.

If I’m after a certain thing like wine / Prosecco for a party / Xmas and it’s on offer then I’ll go to the shop that has the promotion on.

Don’t currently have an Aldi nearby.

over a year ago

"I shop in whatever supermarket I'm nearest to when I realise I need to buy stuff. "

Me too.

There isn't an Aldi or Lidl nearby - but I used to shop there in Berlin.

over a year ago

No, there are none local to me

over a year ago

i seem to recall one called Presto was pretty discount prices.Think they're all gone now

over a year ago

Going shopping together is a recipe for disaster for us! I'm very organised with my shopping and go methodically down each aisle hunting down bargains while L will go wandering off in all directions I've even had to phone her while in the supermarket to find out where the fuck she is!!

I'll quite often turn into Victor Meldrew when I see things in M&S or Waitrose that are twice as much as exactly the same product in Home Bargains etc (great shop by the way ) I feel like getting on a loudspeaker and telling people to open their eyes as with a little effort they could save fortunes each week!

Give me Aldi, Lidl (great French vodka ) , Asda and Home Bargains any day

PS Should there ever be a nuclear war I'd guess we'd be able to live quite cosily in our cupboard under the stairs for at least a year with all of the BOGOF bargains that I have stored there!

over a year ago

"I love our Lidl! Go in for a few basic shopping items, come out with hiking books a circular saw and a ladder "

Perfect I need a circular saw for a project I’m working on can I come borrow it?

Doughnut

By *iavoloCouple
over a year ago

Bexley/Buxton

Compare brands with what are essentially Aldi/Lidl home brands then they are cheaper if you compare like for like there is little difference. Aldi/Lidl have good continental meets but its not a one stop shop if you want to choose what you want but they are great for a topup shop.

over a year ago

"Also convert here"

bless you my child.

oh did you mean aldis or Scientology!

over a year ago

Aldis .'bigger'supermarkets still dont get why aldis & lidls have taken off big time. Keep your club card .points .air miles. buy one get one "free" etc. Aldis basket £60 .. "big" supermarket basket ..£100+. people have got wise.

By *unningFoxWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I mostly shop in Asda but If Lidl would be closer I would probably shop only there. Lidl have such a good quality products for fantastic value and even veg and fruit are better with less chemicals due to them going bad faster than other and they have better taste

over a year ago

I prefer aldis hand baskets to Lidls. Lidls too big

over a year ago

Changed to Aldi years ago,it was the wife's decision not mine. I was the snob saying next stop the soup kitchen but she proved me wrong.

The fruit is hit and miss though.

By *appytrailmanMan
over a year ago

Manchester

Aldi one reason is its 5 mins walk from my house!

over a year ago

Only problem I find is you go in for bread and milk and come out with an angle grinder

over a year ago

"Only problem I find is you go in for bread and milk and come out with an angle grinder "

Well have you ever tried cleaning up mig welding with a slice of Warburtons thick toastie?

over a year ago

No. I pop in my local Lidl once in a blue moon, if I only need meat and veg. It's walking distance so much quicker than the bus to Morrisons.

I don't use the cheap toiletries, laundry detergent or bleach etc and they don't do any other than that Cien stuff.

Quite often the fruit and veg I want is either out of stock or rotting too.

By *uzzy NavelWoman
over a year ago

so near and yet so far....

Eldest used to be an area manager for them, their training programme was fantastic and certainly helped her get to where she is now.

Lidl is my nearest supermarket and has the largest car park, very important as someone really liked my bumper a tad too much recently, no note either after they’d caused lots of damage

By *andare63Man
over a year ago

oldham

"Only problem I find is you go in for bread and milk and come out with an angle grinder "

That’s sooo funny and I can totally relate to that

By *ngelina4uWoman
over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

Lidl/Aldi is great for continental meat but I don't buy the bullshit lidl/Aldi brands against others branded products if you buy like for like there is only 1-2% difference at most.

over a year ago

"Only problem I find is you go in for bread and milk and come out with an angle grinder

That’s sooo funny and I can totally relate to that "

Yep me to. I've turned into my Dad going straight to the tools

By *airytaleOfNewPorkMan
over a year ago

Close

"Only problem I find is you go in for bread and milk and come out with an angle grinder

That’s sooo funny and I can totally relate to that

Yep me to. I've turned into my Dad going straight to the tools"

Oh wow.... I've always wanted a pressure washer

over a year ago

Well have you ever tried cleaning up mig welding with a slice of Warburtons thick toastie?"

Real men don’t need to clean welds ...they’re already super neat

over a year ago

I think Lidl and Aldi are ok if you don't have specific requirements for anything other than the very ordinary items like bread, milk etc. I went in with a shopping list a few weeks back - of the 20 or so items I had on it, I came out with just 12 and had to go to Tescos as well.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

We changed ages ago when we realised we could save around £250 a month!

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

I have. I do have occasional trips to bigger supermarkets to get the bits they don’t sell.

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

Oh and I like there all in one casserole packs.

By *entakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

"Aldi/Lidl for main shop, Sainsbury’s for any brand stuff we can’t get in the others and M and S for treats !

That's the one

"

Same. Annoyingly with Aldi they often start out with an amazing product then dial back the quality over the months until eventually you wonder why you ever bothered. Steaks are a case in point. When Aldi first started selling steaks they were amazing, not least because they usually gave you about 50% extra for nothing. A sirloin steak marked as being 220g average weighed anything up to 350g! And they were nice and tender. Whereas in recent months I've actually taken half-eaten steaks back because they were pure gristle when they were meant to be premium 28 day dry aged Angus!

Otherwise though the fruit veg, wine and general grocery prices keep me coming back the rest of my food shop is done in specialist ethnic stores (I cook a lot of Asian and Middle Eastern dishes at home), farm shops and occasionally Sainsburys/Tesco when I need something else I can't get from Aldi/Lidl.

over a year ago

Fruit and veg we only get from the local market .. half the price, no stupid packaging

over a year ago

Aldi is taking over all the supermarkets!

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

I've just walked out Lidl, with a half dozen bottles of their gin.

It is, imo, one of the best I've ever tastes.

Might as well do my monthly shop while I'm there too.

About £60 cheaper than Asda

over a year ago

Aldi for most but fruit and veg from Asda

over a year ago

"Aldi is taking over all the supermarkets! "

good..serve em right for ripping us off for years ..

over a year ago

"Aldi is taking over all the supermarkets! .

good..serve em right for ripping us off for years .."

Totally! They are feeling the strain now and job cuts everywhere and I’m amazed how Sainsbury’s are still going! Selling up a lot to Morrison’s and merging with Asda on the cards

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

We use Aldi for fruit, vegetables, frozen fruit, Greek yogurt, cholesterol lowering drinks, French bakery goods, coffee beans and pods and some other stuff. We wouldn't buy their cereals, instant coffee or baked beans though.

By *enegadeloversCouple
over a year ago

Circa Faro & Seville

OMG you're making me all horny, you are. This is a sex site, right? Am I missing something, grocery shopping is the new sex thing! I get it now. Sorry, carry one as you were.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"We use Aldi for fruit, vegetables, frozen fruit, Greek yogurt, cholesterol lowering drinks, French bakery goods, coffee beans and pods and some other stuff. We wouldn't buy their cereals, instant coffee or baked beans though. "

Their cereals are alright, no idea about the instant coffee as I use 'proper' coffee and as for the baked beans I turned my nose up at them but I prefer them to Heinz ~ the only difference is the sauce is runnier

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"OMG you're making me all horny, you are. This is a sex site, right? Am I missing something, grocery shopping is the new sex thing! I get it now. Sorry, carry one as you were. "

You're in the lounge, it's an area for general chat and discussion

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"We use Aldi for fruit, vegetables, frozen fruit, Greek yogurt, cholesterol lowering drinks, French bakery goods, coffee beans and pods and some other stuff. We wouldn't buy their cereals, instant coffee or baked beans though.

Their cereals are alright, no idea about the instant coffee as I use 'proper' coffee and as for the baked beans I turned my nose up at them but I prefer them to Heinz ~ the only difference is the sauce is runnier "

Now that's interesting, I might buy a tin of beans to try.

We drink instant now and again and their pods are reasonable and compare quite well to other brands. Their genuine Greek yogurt rather than Greek style is half the price of Fage and tastes the same.

By *enegadeloversCouple
over a year ago

Circa Faro & Seville

General yes, but maybe add something filthy here and there. The rest of the internet might be more suited for the mundane. But I bow to wiser fingers!

By *enegadeloversCouple
over a year ago

Circa Faro & Seville

It just occurred to me this could be some marketing thing. You been had

over a year ago

As often as time permits as both are slightly further away than other supermarkets and I don't have a car

over a year ago

"It just occurred to me this could be some marketing thing. You been had "

the thread is called have you changed to Aldis or lidls you read that and chose to complain there is no sex in it. are you for real. your not even in Britain ffs

over a year ago

"It just occurred to me this could be some marketing thing. You been had

the thread is called have you changed to Aldis or lidls you read that and chose to complain there is no sex in it. are you for real. your not even in Britain ffs"

well put

over a year ago

"OMG you're making me all horny, you are. This is a sex site, right? Am I missing something, grocery shopping is the new sex thing! I get it now. Sorry, carry one as you were. "

I suggest you pop over to the swingers chat as that will be more your thing. Some of us like to mix it up and chat regular non sexual stuff.

over a year ago

Aldis are one of the big supermarkets now.

over a year ago

No, it’s not a sex site ..it’s a swingers site (clue is in the name) swingers need groceries too

over a year ago

No , Iv always been a Tesco shopper for my weekly shopping delivery but if there is anything we get short of and desperate I’m nip into any while out working

over a year ago

Aldi.

By *iss_tressWoman
over a year ago

London

Never set foot in a Lidl/Aldi until I met the other half. He does all the shopping, but I do go to Sainsbury's most days for my "extras".

By *enegadeloversCouple
over a year ago

Circa Faro & Seville

I usually leave discussions about groceries outside sex sites. But hey, if you lot ain't getting enough that you need to talk about groceries on here, then who am I to say otherwise. Good shopping.

By *ty31Man
over a year ago

NW London

No. I use my local one cos I can walk to it and it's got a good selection. I'm lucky enough I don't need to worry enough about the grocery bills to cut back.

By *uzukiNo1Woman
over a year ago

Rhyl

"No. I use my local one cos I can walk to it and it's got a good selection. I'm lucky enough I don't need to worry enough about the grocery bills to cut back."

Oooooo lucky you....

over a year ago

We do the main shop mostly at Aldi, but there’s a Tesco express closer to us round the corner which is more convenient when you need to grab bits and bobs

By *uzukiNo1Woman
over a year ago

Rhyl

I love my local co-op for bits n bobs, but use Morrisons for a big shop my nephew is the butcher there so I get staff discount....

over a year ago

At the moment, I'm restricted to supermarkets that offer mobility scooters for their customers, as still unable to walk for too long. But will certainly be back to shopping at Aldi once I'm back to my strength.

over a year ago

"I love my local co-op for bits n bobs, but use Morrisons for a big shop my nephew is the butcher there so I get staff discount.... "

Haha why not if you can

over a year ago

"At the moment, I'm restricted to supermarkets that offer mobility scooters for their customers, as still unable to walk for too long. But will certainly be back to shopping at Aldi once I'm back to my strength. "

Hope you get well soon

over a year ago

"Never set foot in a Lidl/Aldi until I met the other half. He does all the shopping, but I do go to Sainsbury's most days for my "extras"."

Is that extra other halves or shopping.. .. there could be a Mills & Boons Book in this ..just let us know the sordid details first. we promise not to be offended no matter how filthy

By *rbean69Man
over a year ago

Stroud

I find it surprising that anyone can/would get all their shopping from just one supermarket. There are HUGE differences in prices, not to mention special offers, etc. I estimate that I save about 20% of my grocery bill doing this. I don't spend much more time doing this, as I tend to go to different supermarkets each week and stock up on non-perishable items.

By *rbean69Man
over a year ago

Stroud

If someone wants to waste money in order to say "I never shop at Aldi or Lidl", I think that says a lot about that person.

over a year ago

"If someone wants to waste money in order to say "I never shop at Aldi or Lidl", I think that says a lot about that person."

agree entirely

By *rbean69Man
over a year ago

Stroud

"If someone wants to waste money in order to say "I never shop at Aldi or Lidl", I think that says a lot about that person.

agree entirely"

Someone agrees with me about something? Well, that's a first.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Only purchase Aldi frozen, forest fruits if you enjoy very sour flavours.

over a year ago

" Only purchase Aldi frozen, forest fruits if you enjoy very sour flavours. "

that's really weird I'm eating some Forest fruits now !

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

" Only purchase Aldi frozen, forest fruits if you enjoy very sour flavours.

that's really weird I'm eating some Forest fruits now !"

The frozen Aldi one?

over a year ago

" Only purchase Aldi frozen, forest fruits if you enjoy very sour flavours.

that's really weird I'm eating some Forest fruits now !

The frozen Aldi one? "

yes .. im ringing Mulder and Scully

over a year ago

Yeh I like Aldi. Great products for a great price.

over a year ago

news today about Sainsbury's and ASDA's combining. who cares I'll still be going to Aldi's

over a year ago

Iceland

By *dward_TeagueMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

"news today about Sainsbury's and ASDA's combining. who cares I'll still be going to Aldi's"

I thought that the CMA would block the merger and I was proved right.

By *riskynriskyCouple
over a year ago

Essex.

According to the news it's been blocked.

By *obsie2010Man
over a year ago

wirral

Been shopping in Aldi for years but now prefer Lidl

over a year ago

"Only problem I have with Lidl/Aldi is the cashiers throwing your stuff across the till at a hundred miles an hour..

This is so true! I just refuse to go at their breakneck pace. My trolleyful doesn't fit on the conveyer in one go, I have to get some stuff bagged before I can get the rest on. If they improved this aspect of their shops, more people might use them."

The reason they scan fast assists in keeping the costs low

If you want slow checkouts you pay more in your prices

They are different for a reason

over a year ago

"news today about Sainsbury's and ASDA's combining. who cares I'll still be going to Aldi's"

It was blocked months ago

They would hold to much of the market share

By *eavenscentitCouple
over a year ago

barnstaple

Went in to Lidl for milk and bread, I now have some lovely reclining garden chairs !

By *xperimentalistMan
over a year ago

East Yorkshire

Lidl meat is much better than the big supermarkets, much less added water, if you can't get to a proper butcher. And their gin is great!

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

I like a bit of variety and go to most of the supermarkets depending on what I want, the only one I avoid is Asda as being mugged or murdered while buying my cocopops would be annoying.

over a year ago

Is it sad that they’re building a new Aldi, only 2 miles from me, I’ll save a fortune?!

over a year ago

"Went in to Lidl for milk and bread, I now have some lovely reclining garden chairs !"

By *pmsldCouple
over a year ago

kettering

Honestly I dislike aldi/lidl,we use them from time to time if they happen to be closest etc but if there was a big Tesco's next door I'd go there, mainly due to the bigger product ranges. But also service, always seem to wait for ages in aldi, have they never heard of self service ? Product wise what they sell is good for the price but most things I've tried have never tasted the same as brands (coming from the same manufacturer doesn't mean same product, they change the product to meet the supermarkets chosen price point) we aren't converts while the price is nice it just doesn't make up for the rest of the shortfalls for us.

over a year ago

Won’t catch me near a Lidl, got some cereal from there ages ago and it was like chewing cardboard, not been near one since, as Aldi, great store always in one

over a year ago

Aldi some great quality goods at cheap prices and some sexy staff

over a year ago

Nope. Tescos for me

over a year ago

We won £100 in vouchers for Lidl last year , we filled our fridge and freezer, and stocked up on booze and still had enough to by Mark's brother a Mig Welder for his birthday

over a year ago

I shop around. But i do get most from Tesco or Asda, depending on which part of the area i find myself in

H

over a year ago

After spending my summers as a student working in a cake factory I have seen how the exact same product is packaged for different supermarkets. The only one who had different ingredients in their cakes were M&S. I shop in both Lidl and Aldi and get everything I need as I cook from scratch. Also knowing that I'm buying the same as the big supermarkets with a different wrapper on. This is the same for cosmetics and hair/beauty products. The only brands I buy as they're better quality and last longer are washing up liquid and stuff for washing machine. The rest cheaper products. The big chains just make people think they're getting better products with clever graphics, lighting and more tills

over a year ago

Where I live there's only Sainsbury's and Waitrose. Suits me fine

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

"After spending my summers as a student working in a cake factory I have seen how the exact same product is packaged for different supermarkets. The only one who had different ingredients in their cakes were M&S. I shop in both Lidl and Aldi and get everything I need as I cook from scratch. Also knowing that I'm buying the same as the big supermarkets with a different wrapper on. This is the same for cosmetics and hair/beauty products. The only brands I buy as they're better quality and last longer are washing up liquid and stuff for washing machine. The rest cheaper products. The big chains just make people think they're getting better products with clever graphics, lighting and more tills"

I go round lots of food factories in my job, M&S are the only one that stands out among the supermarkets. They have higher standards than other supermarkets that they expect from pretty much all suppliers they use.

Some of the better brands are a cut above the rest too, Copella juice for example is superior to pretty much any others due to the way it's made.

By *arry WindsorMan
over a year ago

Heaton Park Manchester

No I haven't.

over a year ago

We did but then went back

over a year ago

No. Tescos for me

By *angOnBunnyCouple
over a year ago

Ipswich

Nope, local butchers for meat weekly market for fruit and veg and Bookers for large house stuff, toilet roll etc. Spices and rice from local asian store

Turns out much cheaper and fresher than any other option and we're supporting local business and not large supermarkets

over a year ago

Yes I preffer Lidl to Aldi.

I get lost in the big shops lol.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan
over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I use Ocado but, still get bits n bobs from Aldi. Their Filet steaks are great. Fruit and Veg too

By *dward_TeagueMan
over a year ago

wolverhampton

I buy wine, loo roll and kitchen roll from Aldi, the veg and meat comes from a farm shop and I use Home Bargains for household stuff like dishwasher tablets etc. Fruit comes from a greengrocer.

Aldi is ok, but the quality of the stuff I buy from the farm shop is fantastic and as it’s local the food Miles is low.

over a year ago

I like Waitrose and M & S. I've tried our Lidl and Aldi but I'm just not keen on the whole shopping experience. I guess I'm a brand snob too

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Yes Aldi

over a year ago

No. I shop at Tesco mostly, the local Co op for milk and bread during the week.

Not keen on Aldi apart from chocolate, never been Lidl.

over a year ago

The people in our local budget supermarkets look like the sort of people who leave flakes of skin everywhere.

I do go in, but hold my breath and touch as little at possible.

By *estivalMan
over a year ago

borehamwood

lidls near me only has two checkouts so always a massive que and aldi dont give ya time to pack ya bags.will stick with sainsburys

over a year ago

You can get so much from Aldi and Lidl but still have to go elsewhere for other things but does save money

over a year ago

Fruit and veg from either of those 2, anything else is from Ocado.

over a year ago

"Seems many have. Im converted to Aldis.Money saved better in my pocket than 'big' supermarkets

Yes I use both.

tills"

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

I do my food shopping at Lidl & Asda as they are a 15 minute walk from my home.I find the quality of food is of a good standard at Lidl and value for money.

By *oxychicWoman
over a year ago

Nottinghamshire

"Seems many have. Im converted to Aldis.Money saved better in my pocket than 'big' supermarkets

Yes I use both.

tills"

Exactly this

over a year ago

"Yep, Aldi. Easily saves £50-60 a week on the shopping bill."

Exactly, plan you shopping and it's even cheaper

By *irth.Minge.FireMan
over a year ago

Seen in far off places

No, I haven't

It's mostly Waitrose for me

I find it a much more pleasurable shopping experience

over a year ago

No can’t beat M&S food

By *enny PR9TV/TS
over a year ago

Southport

"No can’t beat M&S food "

I love Aldi and Lidl, they help keep the Riff-Raff out of M&S

By *uffymayfairCouple
over a year ago

vera playa, Almeria

Wish I could, the nearest one is about 4 hours and a ferry ride away

over a year ago

No.

over a year ago

ALDI is the one, they do these chocolates crisp things shaped like Pringles in salted caramel flavour. Forget the name but they’re ones to look out for

over a year ago

I use both stores the food is amazing and live the flavoured gins they do

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Wish I could, the nearest one is about 4 hours and a ferry ride away"

I once shagged a bird (lady) from Stornaway, she bought me AC/DC For Those About To Rock on vinyl in 1981. I still have it

over a year ago

Only problem is you go in for milk and bread - (why do you always run out of both at the same time???) and end up coming out with a fleece and a six inch bench grinder

Post new Message to Thread