Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Clairvoyancy. A survey

Jump to newest

By *inkyLondonpair OP   Couple
over a year ago

London

I like my surveys

I am interested to know what people's views are on this.

So, can live human beings communicate with people who have died. Pick a number that's closest to your view

1. Yep, people can and do communicate with the dead.

2. Not entirely sure but I think they probably do.

3. No idea either way.

4. Not entirely sure, but I think you probably can't.

5. Of course they can't, it's all bollocks.

We're a 5.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I'm a 3 but more a 4!

Nope I'm a 3

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

I'll know it when I find it.

You really do like your surveys. Are you collating all this data for a reason?

I'd be a 4, possibly a 5. Actually because it's possibly a 5, I'm a 4.

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

"I like my surveys

So, can live human beings communicate with people who have died. Pick a number that's closest to your view

3. No idea either way.

We're a 5."

4. It seems very unlikely you can communicate with something that ceases to function.

By *inkyLondonpair OP   Couple
over a year ago

London

"You really do like your surveys. Are you collating all this data for a reason?

I'd be a 4, possibly a 5. Actually because it's possibly a 5, I'm a 4. "

Yes. Anyone who believes they can talk to the dead is on my block list

over a year ago

"You really do like your surveys. Are you collating all this data for a reason?

I'd be a 4, possibly a 5. Actually because it's possibly a 5, I'm a 4.

Yes. Anyone who believes they can talk to the dead is on my block list "

I have the lotto numbers though

over a year ago

By *unkym34Man
over a year ago

London

5 it’s all away to scam people wether that be for money or emotions

over a year ago

over a year ago

1. Facts- my nan died before I was born. My parents would go in my room when I was around 3 and I would tell them they had frightened my nan away. The same nan we went to go to visit her grave, I had never been and It was snowing. My mum and dad were going one way and I had a major tantrum until they would go the way I said. I led them straight to my nans grave.

Point 2. My sister and dad both knew when they were going to die.

Point 3 my sister used to visit me to pass on messages. I also used to read tarot as a teenager until it got to a point where I felt uncomfortable how accurate my readings were.

My mum used to go to a spiritualist church and I was described to a T including my moles on my face and a message that I have a gift I should develop. I actually stopped not long after.

I went to a spiritual fayre for other reasons, if was actually to sell cakes and numerous people came up to me and asked why I was repelling my energy.

Coincidence?

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

over a year ago

Number 5

Con artists scamming the needy

over a year ago

over a year ago

"1. Facts- my nan died before I was born. My parents would go in my room when I was around 3 and I would tell them they had frightened my nan away. The same nan we went to go to visit her grave, I had never been and It was snowing. My mum and dad were going one way and I had a major tantrum until they would go the way I said. I led them straight to my nans grave.

Point 3 my sister used to visit me to pass on messages. I also used to read tarot as a teenager until it got to a point where I felt uncomfortable how accurate my readings were.

My mum used to go to a spiritualist church and I was described to a T including my moles on my face and a message that I have a gift I should develop. I actually stopped not long after.

I went to a spiritual fayre for other reasons, if was actually to sell cakes and numerous people came up to me and asked why I was repelling my energy.

Coincidence? "

Non of your stories equate to anything I'm sorry.

Unless you can reproduce these super powers under lab conditions then you will be world famous

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

over a year ago

over a year ago

What happened to the other super power thread?

Did the super powered not see it being deleted and warn us

By *allySlinkyWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

By *evaquitCouple
over a year ago

Catthorpe

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I like my surveys

3. No idea either way.

We're a 5."

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"1. Facts- my nan died before I was born. My parents would go in my room when I was around 3 and I would tell them they had frightened my nan away. The same nan we went to go to visit her grave, I had never been and It was snowing. My mum and dad were going one way and I had a major tantrum until they would go the way I said. I led them straight to my nans grave.

Coincidence? "

Yes or more devious methods

By *xhib12Man
over a year ago

Blyth

I'm definitely a 5

over a year ago

5 These people feed off the bereaved.Scumbags...

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

" 5 These people feed off the bereaved.Scumbags..."

Exactly

A clear note here it's been mentioned upon a number of threads that if a person want to believe then let them be

So long as they dont open their belief up on a public discussion forum and dont list reasons for their belief as valid facts and expect no critical analysis then I agree let a peaceful believer be

However we are NOT discussing the believers who are being manipulated and conned , this is about the blatant abuse of vulnerable minds by people pretending to talk to or be influenced by a dead mind

One does not hold a belief they can talk with the dead , they absolutely know they can't and then make stuff up , that is fraud , manipulative dishonest , abuse of trust etc

over a year ago

" 5 These people feed off the bereaved.Scumbags...

Exactly

A clear note here it's been mentioned upon a number of threads that if a person want to believe then let them be

So long as they dont open their belief up on a public discussion forum and dont list reasons for their belief as valid facts and expect no critical analysis then I agree let a peaceful believer be

However we are NOT discussing the believers who are being manipulated and conned , this is about the blatant abuse of vulnerable minds by people pretending to talk to or be influenced by a dead mind

One does not hold a belief they can talk with the dead , they absolutely know they can't and then make stuff up , that is fraud , manipulative dishonest , abuse of trust etc

"

That's right

Any one who calls it their job should hang their heads in shame

over a year ago

By *ky19Man
over a year ago

Plymouth

Nearest is 4.

Apart from the fakers, there are the ones who do mess around in spiritual things which are dark and never good.

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

3/4

over a year ago

I just asked my Mum (deceased) and she says to tell you its a 5.

By *nabelle21Woman
over a year ago

B38

Coincidence? "

I admire that you are open to share your view especially when you know that you are gonna get

Shot down for it. It's good for other like minded people to hear.

Me I'm in the middle ...makes me a 3.

I'm not particularly gullible, in need of comfort or weak minded. I just don't close the door on the possibility.

over a year ago

5 all day long!

Well if it was true and 1 in say a million could hear them they wuold go mad with all them dead buggers screaming in their ears 24/7! Its a bit like the old scriptures in the past they were potentially believable but in this modern age its just another fairytale.

over a year ago

I wish it was true because I'd like to tell my tortoise that I'm sorry I didn't take proper care of him during the winter of '79.

And yeah my rabbit....sorry about leaving the door open and the the ferret thing, fella. If it's any consolation, it took me an age to get the blood stains out of the hutch.

Miss you both xx

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Coincidence?

I admire that you are open to share your view especially when you know that you are gonna get

Shot down for it. It's good for other like minded people to hear.

Me I'm in the middle ...makes me a 3.

I'm not particularly gullible, in need of comfort or weak minded. I just don't close the door on the possibility."

One reason I'm a 5 is I know a number of magicians, and I think we all know derren brown

All of these people can do the exact same readings as any so called clairvoyant, and all openly declare they can do their act without talking to a dead brain

Until data became available where the so called clairvoyant could achieve on demand under controlled conditions something the mentalist cannot the plausibility , probability or possibility of dead people returning to communicate is low to non existent

Of course the another of many factors is the anthropic one

Ie

If death was not death

If some humans could communicate with them

There would be no if or maybe we would know

The fact we do not know is a huge weighting to the negative upon the statistical plausibility scale

By *s_macWoman
over a year ago

Traffic land

I’m a 5. In my opinion, when you’re dead, you’re dead. That’s it, the end.

I do have a situation which some might consider to be “unexplained”, but I know it’s coincidence/heightened emotion because of what was happening at the time

By *lceeWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Question: are these surveys GDPR compliant?

I couldn’t care less so I’m a 3. I believe in Akashic theory...quantum physics points to having a specific quantum energy signature, maybe people can pick up on those but honestly I doubt it. The vast majority are con artists preying on the vulnerable. But everything is magic until it becomes science so there may be some who can.

My weird stories that mean absolutely nothing - I had two cats when I was younger. Adored them. Best friends practically. They got run over around six months apart and both times, on the day, I announced to my family that they were dead. One time I was playing checkers with my mum, and when she asked why I couldn’t focus on it, I just looked up and said, “Because Heinsa isn’t coming back.” Really freaked her out. Heinsa never came back.

On the plus side, with my next cats, one didn’t come back and my parents found a mashed up moggy on a nearby road and assumed it was him. Did a burial service and couldn’t understand why I wasn’t upset...I just kept maintaining that he was still alive. Three months later? He dragged himself through the cat flap, half starved with a broken back leg. Lived for years, that cat.

I’ve always known when my cats were in trouble and known when they were ok. I’ve always known when they were dying. Does it make me some kind of weirdass feline psychic? No, of course not. It’s not something I could ever explain, though and so it’s not something that’s ever bothered me.

over a year ago

@ Elcee - checking GDPR compliance

Sitting on the fence here with a - 3

Can’t totally dismiss it as total bollocks but can’t say I’ve seen any proof that it can be done.

Actually, I’m changing it to a 4.

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

By *ittleAcornMan
over a year ago

I've just had some Night Nurse and gin, so for the moment it's a 1.

In the morning it'll be back to 5.

Post new Message to Thread