Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Advice

Jump to newest

By *inkysexpot OP   Man
over a year ago

leeds

So an old friend called round today and he was filling me in on why he's now single but that's a different matter. He asked me for some advice and I couldn't give him an answer.

He told me that his now ex moved into a house about 4 years ago and hasn't paid any bills as in gas, electricity, water and tv licence and he doesn't know whether or not to report her for non payment and asked me what i would do and i couldnt give him an answer.

What's everyone's thoughts on this, what advice would you have given him?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

So fucking what?

That's my thoughts.

over a year ago

Report her to who? The companies will be fully aware she owes them money.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

Nothing to do with you, nothing to do with him.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

That's her problem

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"So fucking what?

That's my thoughts."

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Nothing to do with you, nothing to do with him.

"

over a year ago

Is he financially tied to her? Could he be held responsible for her bills? Do they have kids together?

over a year ago

"Is he financially tied to her? Could he be held responsible for her bills? Do they have kids together?"

He wants your thoughts, not your question.

over a year ago

s

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

If he's not financially liable for any debts and not affected by the situation, then none of his business

over a year ago

"Is he financially tied to her? Could he be held responsible for her bills? Do they have kids together?

He wants your thoughts, not your question. "

Those are my thoughts. Right from inside my actual head.

over a year ago

"So an old friend called round today and he was filling me in on why he's now single but that's a different matter. He asked me for some advice and I couldn't give him an answer.

He told me that his now ex moved into a house about 4 years ago and hasn't paid any bills as in gas, electricity, water and tv licence and he doesn't know whether or not to report her for non payment and asked me what i would do and i couldnt give him an answer.

What's everyone's thoughts on this, what advice would you have given him?"

Well clearly somone is paying or it would be cut off.

Who would he even report her to unless he knows the supplier

over a year ago

He should probably let her go.

By *asmeenTV/TS
over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"If he's not financially liable for any debts and not affected by the situation, then none of his business "
well said x

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

If the bills are in joint names I would of thought he would of heard about the arrears....

If not it's got nothing to do with him.

By *ranberriesWoman
over a year ago

London

The companies will know if someone is living in a place, it’s down to them to chase the ex and make her pay, if she doesn’t they can take action. When your friend was with her he must of knew she wasn’t paying bills so why now all the sudden he wants to report her because they’re over? He needs to move on and stop being bitter.

By *inkysexpot OP   Man
over a year ago

leeds

No financial ties to her, they wasn't living together, no kids together, not his problem to worry about really, that's why I couldn't give him any advice as it's not his problem.

I've just been pondering about it and it got me a little confused about the sort of advice he was hoping to hear.

over a year ago

"No financial ties to her, they wasn't living together, no kids together, not his problem to worry about really, that's why I couldn't give him any advice as it's not his problem.

I've just been pondering about it and it got me a little confused about the sort of advice he was hoping to hear."

He wanted yoy ro tell him to do it.

So he could do ir guilt free and then be her knight in shining armpur and save her when shes desperate

over a year ago

How would he know she hasn't paid her bills and why is he so interested.

Why are you for that matter?

That's 3.5 minutes of your life you'll never get back posting that now!

And I've wasted 2,3 minutes of my life replying!

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

"No financial ties to her, they wasn't living together, no kids together, not his problem to worry about really, that's why I couldn't give him any advice as it's not his problem.

I've just been pondering about it and it got me a little confused about the sort of advice he was hoping to hear."

Then he should leave her alone and move on, sounds like he wanted to make trouble for her.

By *inkysexpot OP   Man
over a year ago

leeds

If he does report her he will just be a twat in tinfoil.

I've just been sat here watching the rugby and I've been thinking about it that's all.

It is looking like he just wants to make trouble for her aswell and like a few have said the companies will be fully aware of the non payment anyway.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman
over a year ago

evesham

"So an old friend called round today and he was filling me in on why he's now single but that's a different matter. He asked me for some advice and I couldn't give him an answer.

Is he being chased for the money?

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

Sounds like sour grapes to me, he should get on with his own life and let the companies pursue her for any debts she has with them.

By *inkysexpot OP   Man
over a year ago

leeds

No he's not being chased for the money it's not his debt.

I think I'll see if I can get him to come out for a pint and have a good talk with him.

over a year ago

evesham

"No he's not being chased for the money it's not his debt.

I think I'll see if I can get him to come out for a pint and have a good talk with him."

So what does he hope to gain from it?

I've had to speak to my mum about a similar situation after my grandad died. All her actions would have done is cause hurt and upset. It wouldn't have made her grief less. Thankfully she didn't do what she said she was going to do

over a year ago

The companies will know, they won’t ignore debt. Why is he worried she’s not paying? She’s an adult so it’s down to her.

over a year ago

I fail to see why this is his problem unless she is fishing for money? Who would he report it too? The companies will catch up with her eventually, I mean they would already know as we have this wonderful technology now called computers that will flag anything up, if after four years unless she is jumping from supplier to supplier I would assume she would be cut off after so long, so she must be getting dressed in the dark etc!

She isn’t doing anything that is a criminal offence (well kind of it’s technically stealing), I don’t think the police would be very interested in it, is he going to call every company and tell them not to deal with her?

Tell him to forget her and not give her any money!

Geeky x

By *inkysexpot OP   Man
over a year ago

leeds

He did say why should us bill payers pick the slack up for the non payers...

It is sounding more like he wants to cause a bit of trouble as he won't gain anything from it and it's got nothing to do with him.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"He did say why should us bill payers pick the slack up for the non payers...

It is sounding more like he wants to cause a bit of trouble as he won't gain anything from it and it's got nothing to do with him."

Exactly that, he's dressing it up as some form of social justice whereas all he's wanting to do is cause trouble for an ex that he's clearly bitter over.

My advice to him would be the same as it would be to anyone else; it's not his problem so just walk away. Life is far too short to fill it with worrying about what exs are doing

By *acey_RedWoman
over a year ago

Liverpool

She'll either end up with ballifs coming round or she'll be cut off or both. No need to report her. As others have pointed out the suppliers will be fully aware. These debts can follow her for years if she doesn't deal with them so there's no need for him to do anything, she'll already be in pretty big trouble. It's pretty mean spirited of him to be trying to though as he seems just to be wanting to punish her now they're broken up and is disguising it behind some sort of "moral duty". It would be different if she had committed some terrible crime only he was aware of or something.

over a year ago

evesham

"He did say why should us bill payers pick the slack up for the non payers...

It is sounding more like he wants to cause a bit of trouble as he won't gain anything from it and it's got nothing to do with him."

How are they picking it up?

over a year ago

He sounds lemons.

over a year ago

Please advise your friend to get his ex to call me and tell me how she is getting away with it.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

Stay well out of it op

Sounds like he either wants to get back at her or wants to "rescue " her.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I think I would have told him to forget it. Its unlikely that he'll take that advice though as it seems to be bugging him. I think your idea of taking him out for a pint is a good one, I hope he's grateful to have a friend who is interested and concerned.

By *ubenesque.Woman
over a year ago

over by there

So it was OK for 4 years when they were together but now she's his ex he's thinking of dobbing her in.... hmmm. Late pang of conscience or sour grapes?

over a year ago

"Please advise your friend to get his ex to call me and tell me how she is getting away with it. "

over a year ago

Don't be a grass. Probably explains also why he's single.

over a year ago

"Sounds like sour grapes to me, he should get on with his own life and let the companies pursue her for any debts she has with them."

This. Unlike the Murphy's, he IS bitter!

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"The companies will know, they won’t ignore debt. Why is he worried she’s not paying? She’s an adult so it’s down to her. "

My thoughts exactly!

By *inkysexpot OP   Man
over a year ago

leeds

Right, been out for a pint with him.

They was together 18 months and was talking about moving in together and that's when she told him about not paying the bills. He said that needed sorting out before they move in together and that he'd help her and her reply was she would just leave the debt at her house when they get another place together which he didn't agree with. Things got said she got a bit nasty and it ended. He has been hurt pretty bad by the sounds of it and is thinking retribution for the pain he's feeling which isn't good. After a good chat I've told him it's nothing to do with him and tbh sounds like he's dodged a bullet with that one.

over a year ago

"Right, been out for a pint with him.

They was together 18 months and was talking about moving in together and that's when she told him about not paying the bills. He said that needed sorting out before they move in together and that he'd help her and her reply was she would just leave the debt at her house when they get another place together which he didn't agree with. Things got said she got a bit nasty and it ended. He has been hurt pretty bad by the sounds of it and is thinking retribution for the pain he's feeling which isn't good. After a good chat I've told him it's nothing to do with him and tbh sounds like he's dodged a bullet with that one."

He really did dodge a bullet!!

By *am4CamWoman
over a year ago

Fairy Land

I would err towards ‘not my circus, not my monkeys’ if I were you OP

over a year ago

evesham

"Don't be a grass. Probably explains also why he's single."

What kind of logic is that?

over a year ago

"Don't be a grass. Probably explains also why he's single.

What kind of logic is that? "

It's the logic of nobody likes a grass.

over a year ago

evesham

It's the logic of nobody likes a grass."

Ah.... Playground logic

over a year ago

It's the logic of nobody likes a grass.

Ah.... Playground logic "

That's the best logic

Post new Message to Thread