Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Check yourself out!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So recently I’ve had a bit of a cancer scare. Won’t go into the full details but it was one of my testicles.

I did the sensible thing and went to get it checked. The time waiting for the results to come back was excruciating at times. As much as you try to stay positive (no news is good news), I did find my brain would occasionally slip and the What If? thoughts came out... how would I tell the kids, my parents, friends etc...

Thankfully I’ve been told it’s not cancer which is a massive relief but the reason I’m putting this on here is to just to highlight that if something doesn’t feel right then get it checked out.

Men, next time you’re taking a pic of yourself or getting undressed have a feel... grab your balls and just see if there’s anything odd, it takes a minute.

Ladies, same with you, when you next take your bra off just give your boobs a feel.

If you find anything just go and get checked out. You might think oh it’s nothing but it is better to go through a few days of waiting than to put if off.

I’m going to make a conscious decision to check mine once a month, maybe March 1st can be the Fab check yourself out day!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I like that OP

We could have 'Check em Saturday' or something similar to remind people once a month

By *onygirlieWoman
over a year ago

Leicestershire

Good advice, maybe to make it more fun get your fab friend or partner to check your bits!

Glad your ok OP.

over a year ago

Welcome back Tommy, and glad you're ok

By * Lexi xWoman
over a year ago

stockport

I lost my dad to cancer a year ago on Thursday.

Keep checking and get checked if you have any concerns. If my dad had done this he may still be here.

over a year ago

Good for you OP, great idea to raise awareness about self checking regularly

over a year ago

Awesome post buddy and glad you got the all clear

over a year ago

I cannot endorse this enough!!

My lump was on my cock and it was cancer, luckily I caught it quick enough and I didn’t have to have a penalectomy (cockoffofme operation). If I had left it much longer it would be a peeing sitting down kind of life.

If in doubt go to the Dr, it is not that embarrassing ... far less embarrassing than being told it is too late to do anything about it!

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

Great thread OP, glad you're ok

over a year ago

Great advice - there’s no excuse not to check whilst you’re nice and relaxed in a hot shower

over a year ago

Good advice, just reminded me I need to book in for my 6 monthly check x

over a year ago

Great thread and I'm glad you've got the all clear!

Post new Message to Thread