Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Momo

Jump to newest

By *eorge Jetson OP   Man
over a year ago

Middlesbrough

I'm getting this out there on every available "social" network available.

If any of our fellow fabsters have kids and are part of social media network PLEASE be extra vigilant in what you're kids are looking at.

I've just discovered this godawful "momo" challenge has been mentioned by parents at my sons school.

It's horrific, like something gone wrong from the movie "The Grudge"

Basically encouraging kids to do silly little pranks and after researching this further the pranks lead up to much more sinister things like kids hurting animals, cutting themselves and ultimately tasks that children fully understand is wrong... Here's the worst part, by this point the kids are now so terrified of "momo" coming to take them in their sleep they end up attempting suicide to get away from it.

Stay aware people, this isn't a joke or a "view my profile" attempt, I've got this on 3 other social networks so far.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I've heard of this too, it is terrifying to think that stuff like this is out there.

over a year ago

Isn't a brand for motorbike oil?

By *lceeWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Yeah...even worse, it starts with a horror type character that tells them that if they don’t do the challenges, it will steal them from their beds while they are sleeping. It’s even shown up in Minecraft.

Seriously...what kind of sick fuck creates something like that?

over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Put momo into a search engine and it's everywhere, it's eye opening to grown ups so God knows what kids are thinking of the image of it.

It's horrid and by all accounts it's worldwide, 20+ countries are now swarmed with it on social networks

over a year ago

It's because of this kind of shit that me and the ex don't allow our daughter to freely access the internet.

By *orticiaWoman
over a year ago

Wirral

There’s even stuff being posted on YouTube Kids, which is meant to be a safe zone. You’ve got videos of kids TV characters or toys talking about how to cut themselves

There are some very sick individuals out there

over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"It's because of this kind of shit that me and the ex don't allow our daughter to freely access the internet. "

Half term brings out all kinds of information, if the kids were at school I'd never have found this out until much later but luckily parental communication is pretty good during holidays so guess where we are going tomorrow morning!

Internet is now on lockdown and monitored stringently until I'm sure this momo shit isn't in my living room.

Why.....just why would any nutjob think this is acceptable to frighten kids to the point of suicide attempts to stop "momo" coming for them.

By *lceeWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Yeah...quite frankly, that character terrifies me, even as an adult. It is the stuff of nightmares. Forcing it onto kids? Jesus. I hope they find the person responsible. I highly doubt they even could but I still hope they do.

over a year ago

Middlesbrough

I just don't get it

Why would people think this is completely acceptable to frighten kids in such away that their imagination runs riot to the point they fully believe that this little creature is going to come and get them if they don't do the tasks.

They are in a bad situation. They fully understand that the extreme tasks are wrong in every way but they are so terrified of this momo coming for them they are torn between what to do.

This world is fucked up when this sort of thing is being allowed to get onto social media where it's going to damage our children!!

Post new Message to Thread