Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Foster carers betrayed by bureaucracy

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Radio 4's documentary slot File on 4 looked at foster parents who find themselves battling with local authorities over the children in their care. They describe a Kafka-esque nightmare where doors are shut, telephone calls and emails unanswered, even court orders are ignored. Meanwhile, vulnerable children are treated as pawns as social workers move them from one place to another.

A culture of fear has led to some councils protecting themselves more than the children in their care, according to the government's child protection adviser.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b019rqcl

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

I have a friend whose the same age as me and when her daughter grew up her and her husband went into foster caring. They love it but there are so many rules set in place. Her husband isnt allowed to shower or bath the girl in their care. There is a lot of other things as well, these are long term carers not ones that have crisis children in.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

we used to be foster carers ,and i now hate the social workers with a passion,the moove kiddies around from pillar to post set so many stupid rules ,when it suits them bend the rules ,and final straw was ,i was no longer alowed to go for the occasional pint at my local if we were to continue ,no this was there way of getting back at me for saying the way they operate was all wrong,and be warened they watch your house and your every move

Post new Message to Thread