Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Baccie (tobacco)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

For the last year or so I have not been able to afford to buy taylormade ciggies, so my son buys me a 50g pouch of Golen Vaginia a week, I weigh each days allowance out which is just over 7g a day but have noticed lately that I have been coming up short on the last day, so a few weeks ago I started to weigh the entire unpackaged contents out and have found that not one has weighed in at 50g it is anything between 46g and 48g, I know it doesn't sound a lot but it really does make a difference in the amount of ciggies you loose, has anyone else who hand rolls noticed this?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

cos it dries out gradually. stick a bit of potato peel in there and it will stay moist. Buy filter tips from the 99 p shop, makes it go further.

By *etillanteWoman
over a year ago

Might be worth contacting customer services for the tobacco company

over a year ago

Vaginia! lol what a pavlovian slip

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

once bought a multi pack of walkers crisps and not one of the packets had the correct weight -one was 12g and should have been 25 g from memory

over a year ago

Yes, I have noticed that too. I put it down to the baccie drying out once it's open. My biggest complaint is the amount of un-smokable bits that are in the pouch.They seem to be increasing.

over a year ago

Thats annoying but really dosent surprise me

Weights are always deemed approximate even if they dont say so so if they can get away wi a bit less they will

They also take the weight of the packaging into the total weight to after all there aint many people that weigh the stuff they buy

But maybe we should start xx

over a year ago

"Thats annoying but really dosent surprise me

Weights are always deemed approximate even if they dont say so so if they can get away wi a bit less they will

They also take the weight of the packaging into the total weight to after all there aint many people that weigh the stuff they buy

But maybe we should start xx "

growing our own?

over a year ago

Perhaps a loss of moisture content between packaging and purchase is responsible,,,,,,,,

I remember years ago seeing guys keeping a slice of apple in their tobacco pouches to stop it drying out…….

But of course it might be something else altogether……. Like perhaps counterfeit product,,,,!!! ,,,,,

IDK....

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"cos it dries out gradually. stick a bit of potato peel in there and it will stay moist. Buy filter tips from the 99 p shop, makes it go further."

I have been weighing it as soon as I open the pack so it doesn't have a chance to dry out and yes I already use filters, if I don't, too much hacking up and peeing myself lol

By *antanionMan
over a year ago

KIRKCALDY

if its cheap import stuff smoke it for a couple of years as i did, i then stopped smoking without any comedown and no cravings that was 2 years ago, i put it down to it being cheap tobacco with no nicotine in it, try it and i hope it works for you

By *ornyHorwichCpl aka HHCCouple
over a year ago

horwich

Rhett can roll his in his sleep but I need a rolling machine for tipped ones. I'm a messy roller though so probably waste some that way. I have noticed a lot more twiggy bits too. Luckily my parents live in Spain so always hopping over there for a stock up. Saves a fortune

Scarlett

By *arkstaffsMan
over a year ago

Rugeley

You can always get a cheap humidor, like those for keeping cigars in. No use for when you're out but might be an idea for home.

over a year ago

I never weigh and measure anything when it comes to cooking, drinking etc...

Hence I am not keen on any cooking that requires precise measurements of ingredients.

For me, life is too short to count calories, worry about being short-changed etc. etc. etc...

I am lucky not having to count the pennies, however, I am more aware of my outgoings since I have started to monitor my spendings more carefully.

over a year ago

Personally I find rolling Easy, but then again in my youth I did use to roll them upto about a foot in length

over a year ago

easy way round that stop Smoking you will be surprised how much you will save

Post new Message to Thread