over a year ago

Are you one?

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Probably. I really dislike the term though, it's often used by people who can't formulate a coherent and convincing argument. In my opinion.

Reply privately

By *ornLordMan
over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

"Probably. I really dislike the term though, it's often used by people who can't formulate a coherent and convincing argument. In my opinion."

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Erm ... nope!

Reply privately

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

No.

Reply privately

By *HaRiFMan
over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

Im more on an ice queen

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

"Probably. I really dislike the term though, it's often used by people who can't formulate a coherent and convincing argument. In my opinion."

I agree

It seems (in my opinion) mostly middle aged people calling people my age snowflakes for having opinions

Reply privately

By *J8929Man
over a year ago

london

I think it’s used by people who are frustrated that because of social media etc everybody thinks there opinions and feelings matter. They don’t.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think it’s used by people who are frustrated that because of social media etc everybody thinks there opinions and feelings matter. They don’t."

But why don’t they?

There are more opportunities nowadays to speak out about what you believe in and make more of an impact, and social media is a good way to do this

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

It’s simply a daft term. Doesn’t mean anything. It’s been thrown around and eventually it has stuck. If I ever use the term (which I never will) shoot me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think it’s used by people who are frustrated that because of social media etc everybody thinks there opinions and feelings matter. They don’t.

But why don’t they?

There are more opportunities nowadays to speak out about what you believe in and make more of an impact, and social media is a good way to do this"

There isn’t really because everyone is too scared to give their opinion because whatever they say it will offend someone. I don’t bother anymore as I’m sure a lot don’t. Within my group of friends or privately I will but not on social media anymore.

Reply privately

By *eplicant JoWoman
over a year ago

Sussex countryside

If you mean unique, one of a kind and pretty .. then yes I am

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Probably. I really dislike the term though, it's often used by people who can't formulate a coherent and convincing argument. In my opinion.

I agree

It seems (in my opinion) mostly middle aged people calling people my age snowflakes for having opinions"

Sadly I have to agree and can only shake my head and tell you it was ever thus. That phrase "the snowflake generation" makes my blood boil.

Reply privately

over a year ago

The word snowflake has just became a term used to describe anyone with a different opinion, it’s a lame attempt to close debate down by stupid people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"The word snowflake has just became a term used to describe anyone with a different opinion, it’s a lame attempt to close debate down by stupid people. "

Yes!!!

Reply privately

By *J8929Man
over a year ago

london

"I think it’s used by people who are frustrated that because of social media etc everybody thinks there opinions and feelings matter. They don’t.

But why don’t they?

There are more opportunities nowadays to speak out about what you believe in and make more of an impact, and social media is a good way to do this"

Because they do in there private life, public life however it doesn’t wash, if there offended, upset, disagree, then tough titty.

And the entitlement of people especially on social media, is what the term was invented for, whingey entitled soft as shit little bitches.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If you mean unique, one of a kind and pretty .. then yes I am "

Yes you are

Reply privately

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"The word snowflake has just became a term used to describe anyone with a different opinion, it’s a lame attempt to close debate down by stupid people. "

Sums it up

Reply privately

over a year ago

Oh the gammon types who love to tell it how it is and don;t care who it offends definitely would think I;m a snowflake.

And that suggests my moral compass is exactly where I want it

Reply privately

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I think it’s used by people who are frustrated that because of social media etc everybody thinks there opinions and feelings matter. They don’t."

I think its used by people who think their opinion matters more than other people's, although they can't articulate it effectively.

Reply privately

By *J8929Man
over a year ago

london

"Oh the gammon types who love to tell it how it is and don;t care who it offends definitely would think I;m a snowflake.

And that suggests my moral compass is exactly where I want it"

So the fact you used the word “gammon” before you then went on to complain about ppl who “ tell it how it is, and don’t care who it offends”

Is really really telling.

Glad your moral compass is sound though chief

Reply privately

over a year ago

But why don’t they?

There are more opportunities nowadays to speak out about what you believe in and make more of an impact, and social media is a good way to do this

Because they do in there private life, public life however it doesn’t wash, if there offended, upset, disagree, then tough titty.

And the entitlement of people especially on social media, is what the term was invented for, whingey entitled soft as shit little bitches. "

So if I were to disagree with your opinion, am I an entitled soft as shit little bitch? I feel I’m entitled to disagree.

And opinions shouldn’t be offended. If worded non-offensively of course.

For example. I believe in abortion, I believe all women should be able to choose what they do with their body. My best friend totally disagrees.

Neither of us have been offended by the others opinion. Neither of us have called the other a snowflake. I don’t feel like she’s entitled (and she is extremely passionate)

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

It’s used in the same way as someone saying they are offended in order to try and stifle debate.

Both sides of the political divide have adopted it.

Reply privately

By *J8929Man
over a year ago

london

I think its used by people who think their opinion matters more than other people's, although they can't articulate it effectively."

I think it’s used by ppl who are irritated that other ppl think there opinion is so important

Reply privately

By *osweet69Couple
over a year ago

portsmouth

We are of the wrong generation to be a snowflake.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I find the ones who use it most fit the description better than the people they target

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Oh the gammon types who love to tell it how it is and don;t care who it offends definitely would think I;m a snowflake.

And that suggests my moral compass is exactly where I want it"

Don’t you see what you’ve done, gammon is the left equivalent of snowflake, both are used by people who can’t articulate what they mean. Oh the irony.

Reply privately

over a year ago

No way

Reply privately

By *J8929Man
over a year ago

london

But why don’t they?

And the entitlement of people especially on social media, is what the term was invented for, whingey entitled soft as shit little bitches.

So if I were to disagree with your opinion, am I an entitled soft as shit little bitch? I feel I’m entitled to disagree.

And opinions shouldn’t be offended. If worded non-offensively of course.

For example. I believe in abortion, I believe all women should be able to choose what they do with their body. My best friend totally disagrees.

Neither of us have been offended by the others opinion. Neither of us have called the other a snowflake. I don’t feel like she’s entitled (and she is extremely passionate) "

I would have no problem with you disagreeing, as I’m not a snowflake, it’s snowflakes who would have the problem because as stated there soft as shit little bitches

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I find the ones who use it most fit the description better than the people they target "

^^^^^

That!

I’m more of a snow balls kinda guy

Reply privately

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

I'm just a bit melty....

Reply privately

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Nope, a mix of millennial and generation x here

Reply privately

over a year ago

I used to be. I realised how bloody exhausting it is to be offended by everything though, so grew out of it.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Many people who throw the word snowflake around confuse compassion and robust argument with softness and attempts to censor. No, you're allowed your view, I'm allowed mine, and me stating mine doesn't take yours away or infringe upon you. Including telling you that I think your opinion is inappropriate.

Reply privately

over a year ago

But why don’t they?

Because not all opinions are equal.

Reply privately

By *orthantsblueeyesMan
over a year ago

Northampton

I'm hail, a hard snowflake

Reply privately

over a year ago

Snowflakes are about 1cm long at most. You’re 5’7 so far too tall, you silly goose

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

But why don’t they?

Because not all opinions are equal. "

But that doesn't mean people can't speak. You might not listen or agree, and there's no need to provide a platform, but voicing opinions and having civil disagreement can be healthy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Reply privately

over a year ago

But why don’t they?

Because not all opinions are equal.

But that doesn't mean people can't speak. You might not listen or agree, and there's no need to provide a platform, but voicing opinions and having civil disagreement can be healthy. "

I didn't say they can't speak, just that their opinion doesn't have to be given any weight in being valid.

Reply privately

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"I find the ones who use it most fit the description better than the people they target

^^^^^

That!

I’m more of a snow balls kinda guy"

Who doesn't like a nice snowball?

Reply privately

over a year ago

But why don’t they?

There isn’t really because everyone is too scared to give their opinion because whatever they say it will offend someone. I don’t bother anymore as I’m sure a lot don’t. Within my group of friends or privately I will but not on social media anymore. "

I personally think a lot of people mistake somebody disagreeing with you or having a different point of you as somebody being offended.

Reply privately

By *wisted999Man
over a year ago

North Bucks

And that suggests my moral compass is exactly where I want it

Don’t you see what you’ve done, gammon is the left equivalent of snowflake, both are used by people who can’t articulate what they mean. Oh the irony. "

Reply privately

over a year ago

People seem quite frightened by such a simple word, but many don't seem to know its real meaning. The wikipedia definition of snowflake is:-

"of a person, implying that they have an inflated sense of uniqueness, an unwarranted sense of entitlement, or are over-emotional, easily offended, and unable to deal with opposing opinions."

Going by this, I would suggest that those who express a dislike of the word actually fit the definition perfectly. An interesting conundrum.

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

I always thought it just meant someone who is offended by everything, even things that don't concern them. Basically offended just for the sake of being offended.

I personally don't use the term but I do think some people have taken things too far in regards to being offended by everything etc

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

According to the internet "Snowflake generation" was recognised as one of Collins Dictionary's 2016 words of the year.[11] Collins defines the term as "the young adults of the 2010s, viewed as being less resilient and more prone to taking offense than previous generations"."

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I always thought it just meant someone who is offended by everything, even things that don't concern them. Basically offended just for the sake of being offended.

I personally don't use the term but I do think some people have taken things too far in regards to being offended by everything etc "

Do you i know what I think this is the issue who is to say it doesn't concern them!

People can be offended for whatever they want to be offended by I am offended by racism for example.

Reply privately

over a year ago

this. It's becoming the go to derogatory comment for anyone who queries someone's stance.

Raise your argument not your voice.

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"I always thought it just meant someone who is offended by everything, even things that don't concern them. Basically offended just for the sake of being offended.

I personally don't use the term but I do think some people have taken things too far in regards to being offended by everything etc

Do you i know what I think this is the issue who is to say it doesn't concern them!

People can be offended for whatever they want to be offended by I am offended by racism for example.

"

I'm also offended by racism but I think things have gone too far.

For example, wanting Santa to be gender neutral, there's people who think babies shouldn't have genders, they should be allowed to choose their gender around the age of 4. It's crazy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

For example, wanting Santa to be gender neutral, there's people who think babies shouldn't have genders, they should be allowed to choose their gender around the age of 4. It's crazy. "

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I don't think being offended is necessarily a bad thing. Some things are offensive.

Reply privately

over a year ago

For example, wanting Santa to be gender neutral, there's people who think babies shouldn't have genders, they should be allowed to choose their gender around the age of 4. It's crazy. "

I agree however the word snowflake is majorly overused and I have been called it twice today on here.

Simply having a different opinion to somebody else.

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

"I don't think being offended is necessarily a bad thing. Some things are offensive. "

Yes,SOME things are offensive, but quite often people are offended just for something to say and to cause an argument.

Reply privately

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"Are you one?"

I am the antithesis of one and proud of it

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't think being offended is necessarily a bad thing. Some things are offensive.

Yes,SOME things are offensive, but quite often people are offended just for something to say and to cause an argument."

But does it and should it cause an argument because somebody else is offended?

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I'm not a snowflake, cos I was told that Jesus wants me for a sunbeam

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"I don't think being offended is necessarily a bad thing. Some things are offensive.

Yes,SOME things are offensive, but quite often people are offended just for something to say and to cause an argument."

Or on behalf of others who may not be offended

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Are you one?

I am the antithesis of one and proud of it "

Me too. Totally

Reply privately

By *eeleyWoman
over a year ago

Dudley

Yes,SOME things are offensive, but quite often people are offended just for something to say and to cause an argument.

"

Probably not but it does, some people do it for the express purpose of causing issues.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Or on behalf of others who may not be offended"

which is rather offensive to the alleged offended, as it's an assumption they're a little incapable of speaking for themselves!

Reply privately

By *J8929Man
over a year ago

london

Thing is, most people, as can clearley be seen on the forums on this very site, are not anywhere near as intelligent or insightful as there delusions of grandeur would lead them to believe.

There opinions don’t matter, mine included, have them, share them with your friends, however always remember in reality if somthing upsets you, or you disagree with someone, or you have a point of view you just have to share and get passionate about, 99.99% of people u let know via social media couldn’t give a flying fuck. And as is true for many here, they just wanna see some tits, or hear a story about a blowie that happened in a public place. Point being, ppl who get there knickers in a twist on social media. Are snowflakes. And we alllllll to a man, are guilty of it occasionally.

Reply privately

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"

Depends. Some people claim offence when what's really happening is injustice. As if they can erase real harm by saying feelings are hurt. Some people might take it too far, but more often I see it as a dishonest tactic to delegitimise valid complaints.

Reply privately

By *hilloutMan
over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

"Are you one?

I am the antithesis of one and proud of it

Me too. Totally "

Right on sister

Reply privately

over a year ago

I first heard the term used on here (in the fab forum) to describe people who represent the increase of the recognised points on the LGBTQ+ spectrum, so to me it's just an insult used by people who don't want to have to think about certain stuff too deeply and perhaps change the way they think about things like gender representation and how we treat each other (or think that certain people don't deserve a voice).

So, if a snowflake, in its simplest interpretation, is someone that annoys conservatives, I'll happily sign up for that.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

Or on behalf of others who may not be offended which is rather offensive to the alleged offended, as it's an assumption they're a little incapable of speaking for themselves!"

Reply privately

over a year ago

"According to the internet "Snowflake generation" was recognised as one of Collins Dictionary's 2016 words of the year.[11] Collins defines the term as "the young adults of the 2010s, viewed as being less resilient and more prone to taking offense than previous generations"."

"

I knew I’d seen those legs before...

You’re susie dent!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Thing is, most people, as can clearley be seen on the forums on this very site, are not anywhere near as intelligent or insightful as there delusions of grandeur would lead them to believe.

There opinions don’t matter, mine included, have them, share them with your friends, however always remember in reality if somthing upsets you, or you disagree with someone, or you have a point of view you just have to share and get passionate about, 99.99% of people u let know via social media couldn’t give a flying fuck. And as is true for many here, they just wanna see some tits, or hear a story about a blowie that happened in a public place. Point being, ppl who get there knickers in a twist on social media. Are snowflakes. And we alllllll to a man, are guilty of it occasionally."

This argument doesn't wash with me in the slightest.

People seem to think that because something is said on social media or on the Internet it's not real and it doesn't matter.

It absolutely matters because there are real people at the end of these comments.

My opinion and everybody else's absolutely does matter.

it might be very different from my own and I may disagree with it's strongly but they absolutely have every right to have an opinion and to voice it. It is acceptable to challenge something you don't agree with as long as it is done in a respectful way without resorting to personal slurs then that is absolutely fine.

Reply privately

over a year ago

In the 70's a snowflake was a derogatory term given to a white man who was a bit wet behind the ears.

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

"According to the internet "Snowflake generation" was recognised as one of Collins Dictionary's 2016 words of the year.[11] Collins defines the term as "the young adults of the 2010s, viewed as being less resilient and more prone to taking offense than previous generations"."

You’re susie dent!"

Off to google Susie Dent

Reply privately

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

You’re susie dent!

Off to google Susie Dent"

You don’t watch Countdown

Reply privately

over a year ago

Generation snowflake was used originally to describe millennials .It was used predominantly by the right in the US.

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Probably not but it does, some people do it for the express purpose of causing issues.

"

Trolling is quite prevalent on many different forums, sad little people with nothing better to do than to knock other peoples sandcastles over, rather than build their own.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Trolling is quite prevalent on many different forums, sad little people with nothing better to do than to knock other peoples sandcastles over, rather than build their own. "

Reply privately

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple
over a year ago

Cumbria

"Are you one?"

If the cap fits..

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

You’re susie dent!

Off to google Susie Dent

You don’t watch Countdown "

No

Reply privately

over a year ago

You’re susie dent!

Off to google Susie Dent

You don’t watch Countdown "

Everyone’s seen countdown at some point, she’s just trying to throw us off the dent scent!

Reply privately

By *ugby 123Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

O o O oo

You’re susie dent!

Off to google Susie Dent

Everyone’s seen countdown at some point, she’s just trying to throw us off the dent scent!

"

Well if I honest I have done, but it was when silly Carol voderlady was on it, so it seems Susie was on it then

I know her face now but for for 8/10 cats

How do you know what her legs are like anyway, she sits behind a desk !

Reply privately

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

You’re susie dent!

Off to google Susie Dent

Well if I honest I have done, but it was when silly Carol voderlady was on it, so it seems Susie was on it then

How do you know what her legs are like anyway, she sits behind a desk ! "

She has a profile with pics from every angle of course

Reply privately

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Off to google Susie Dent

Susie is the one for me, she looks so demure, but I bet she's a filthy .....

Reply privately

By *ink Panther.Woman
over a year ago

Preston

"Off to google Susie Dent

How do you know what her legs are like anyway, she sits behind a desk !

Susie is the one for me, she looks so demure, but I bet she's a filthy ..... "

stop it the woman must be a virgin

Reply privately

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Are you one?"

No I’m not , far from it .

But oh my , fab is full of them , especially on these forums .

Faux outrage on behalf of others is rife , and has been for a while now . And that is exactly what I consider a snowflake to be . Someone who trawls through threads , news , etc.... looking for something to get all offended or upset by , and then let’s everyone know how they feel .

So when you see tens of thousands of people demonstrating in cities , the majority will be snowflakes who haven’t got a clue what they are demonstrating about , or why , but it’s a gathering of the offended so they rock up anyway .

On threads that mention BBC on here , you’ll see the white people saying how offensive the term is . Of course the odd black person too , but way more white people . Snowflakes , you’ve gotta love em !

Threads which talk about gay / trans issues . Full of outrage from straight cis people on behalf of the lgbt community .

You name it , there are snowflakes sitting there ready to make themselves feel like better human beings by siding with any minority . It’s their life’s goal to find these poor downtrodden parts of society , and to make it clear that they are offended by the way these people are treated .

I think you get the gist of it from my perspective , I most certainly am not a snowflake , and despite the vast majority of posters saying that they despise those who use the term , I do and I’m not in the slightest bit bothered that it offends the snowflakes out there

Reply privately

over a year ago

You’re susie dent!

Off to google Susie Dent

Just a hunch...

I’ve long fantasied about her having your avatar look on under the desk

Reply privately

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

I dislike it and find it a mark of a poor communicator or bigot, so far. People stuck in the past, with an inflexible attitude and dislike of others. They're common as muck

Reply privately

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"I dislike it and find it a mark of a poor communicator or bigot, so far. People stuck in the past, with an inflexible attitude and dislike of others. They're common as muck "

One thing I’ve never been seen as is ‘common as muck’ , but hey ho .

I don’t have an inflexible attitude either , and I certainly don’t dislike others . I have no problems communicating , and although I’m getting on a bit I don’t live in the past , so I guess that just leaves the bigot . A bigot to my mind is someone who is intolerant to other people’s opinions , and that is equally as apparent in the snowflake camp as far as I can see so far .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

I think people have forgotten that one fundamental rule.

Reply privately

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

"I find the ones who use it most fit the description better than the people they target "

So true!

Reply privately

over a year ago

If it describes anyone who is liberal, anyone non racist, who cares about fellow Hunan beings, being fair to all...then yes, and happy about it

Reply privately

By *ristol HellfireMan
over a year ago

Bristol

It's a very cynical attempt by the media and defacto, the government, to set generations against ech othert.

Simply make out that one group have everything to their advantage and, with public opinion, you can begin to dismantle it.

Snowflakes.

Millenials.

Generation Z.

Silent generation.

Baby boomers.

Look at the current gathering of public support to abolish the free television licence for the over-75s.

CAPITA will be rubbing their filthy hands in glee to collect money and fines, from the verypeople that may have little contact with the outside world other than through their television.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If it describes anyone who is liberal, anyone non racist, who cares about fellow Hunan beings, being fair to all...then yes, and happy about it "

I disagree with your classification.

To me I see smug,self righteous and indignant people. With a high propensity to live in echo chambers or safe spaces in order to avoid facing how spiritually empty their social media lives are.

To me I see a carefully managed front, with yes people following a crowd to show they care when in actual fact they are the worst that humanity have to offer.

Call me cynical, but this is the intellectually defunct generation. Accepting things at face value than actually questioning the motives of forces they barely understand.

Reply privately

By *inky SpiceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I hate the the word when it's used in the way it has been in the past couple of years, to belittle people who have a social conscience. Also I find it ironic that the people who use it usually turn out to be the ones that can't bear any sort of criticism or people not agreeing with them.

Reply privately

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

If so then why call them snowflakes? If their opinion means nothing then surely the people using the term snowflakes doesn't either.

I think it's a term used by abusers, and the corrupt, to try to shame those with empathy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Many people who throw the word snowflake around confuse compassion and robust argument with softness and attempts to censor. No, you're allowed your view, I'm allowed mine, and me stating mine doesn't take yours away or infringe upon you. Including telling you that I think your opinion is inappropriate. "

This is exactly how I see it. People who call people my age snowflakes are also the ones who spout nonsense about they're allowed free speech and their opinion. Nobody has ever told them they're not, but they seem to not understand that free speech doesn't remove the consequences for their opinions, or other people's right to disagree.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Are you one?"

Fuck no!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Probably. I really dislike the term though, it's often used by people who can't formulate a coherent and convincing argument. In my opinion.

I agree

It seems (in my opinion) mostly middle aged people calling people my age snowflakes for having opinions"

So is this just a thread because you are pissed off after being called a snowflake? Bit snowflakey don't you think?

Reply privately

By *iss.ddWoman
over a year ago

Leeds + Newcastle

I've never used or heard snowflake being used for someone with differing opinions.

Definitely for the type of person that can't fend for themselves, expects everything on a plate, bit of a diva.

Like don't know how to function on their own without someone spoon feeding them instructions.

And no, I'm not talking about people with health issues not being able to do tasks.

Reply privately

By *rontier PsychiatristMan
over a year ago

Coventry

No, not me. My sense of humour is far too dark and sick to be easily offended. That doesn't mean that I have no sense of what is fair and what a just inclusive society should look like. Or that I'm not willing stand up for fairness. But words don't offend me per se, it's the wider context behind them that is important. Ironically I find a snowflake culture to be quite repressive.

Reply privately

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Are you one?"

What is a snowflake?

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't understand what a 'snowflake' is supposed to be other than to avoid a whole bunch of them when they fall on the roads. Makes them dangerous and slippery apparently.

Reply privately

By *obyn GravesTV/TS
over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

no.. i'm more a big black rain cloud of doom ready to inflict misery on to everyone i meet..

Reply privately

over a year ago

I fucking hate this word. ..who made it up what does is it actually mean??

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I fucking hate this word. ..who made it up what does is it actually mean??"

I've already answered that.

Many years ago, it had to do with bad weather.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Just call them a gammon if someone calls you a snowflake

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I fucking hate this word. ..who made it up what does is it actually mean??

I've already answered that.

Many years ago, it had to do with bad weather. "

Sorry lol...I'd not gone fully through the thread....nice pics pocket x

Reply privately

over a year ago

There is a misconception about the “snowflake generation.” Although young people today do seem a lot lot easier to offend than those who came before them. You don’t have to be a young person though. There are millions upon millions of them, just waiting for an excuse to be offended, and some of them are grandparents, so not all young.

Take a look at the politics sub forum and you will see them for yourself. Crying, pissing and moaning because they don’t like BREXIT. Honestly it is quite vomit inducing, but will probably never stop.

Reply privately

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Sorry queen xx

I’m not at all

Totally opposite tbh

Reply privately

By *onnie And Clyde9070Couple
over a year ago

Leeds

Are your opinions and feelings included?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leeds

"Just call them a gammon if someone calls you a snowflake"

Surely that's offensive and will cause outrage.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Leeds

"I've never used or heard snowflake being used for someone with differing opinions.

Definitely for the type of person that can't fend for themselves, expects everything on a plate, bit of a diva.

Like don't know how to function on their own without someone spoon feeding them instructions.

And no, I'm not talking about people with health issues not being able to do tasks.

"

Being offended seems to be fashionable these days. There seem to be people who actively search out things to offend them, just so they can act all offended and complain about it. You know, attention seekers. The woman who was offended by Kleenex Man Size Tissues for example. They've been around longer than she has, but she chose to become offended on behalf of her daughter. Thus getting herself in the papers and receiving the attention she'd hoped for. I'm sure she'd be the first to defend Woman's Own though if a man suddenly and inexplicably became offended by the brand. After all it's sexist isn't it?

Reply privately

By *opinovMan
over a year ago

Point Nemo, Cumbria

See: The Missionary Position thread.

Reply privately

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"I've never used or heard snowflake being used for someone with differing opinions.

Being offended seems to be fashionable these days. There seem to be people who actively search out things to offend them, just so they can act all offended and complain about it. You know, attention seekers. The woman who was offended by Kleenex Man Size Tissues for example. They've been around longer than she has, but she chose to become offended on behalf of her daughter. Thus getting herself in the papers and receiving the attention she'd hoped for. I'm sure she'd be the first to defend Woman's Own though if a man suddenly and inexplicably became offended by the brand. After all it's sexist isn't it? "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I can be a bit of one I guess and get a bit upset over certain things but I’d say I’m sensitive not a snowflake x

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/02/19 11:16:41]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Its just a word

Reply privately

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"There is a misconception about the “snowflake generation.” Although young people today do seem a lot lot easier to offend than those who came before them. You don’t have to be a young person though. There are millions upon millions of them, just waiting for an excuse to be offended, and some of them are grandparents, so not all young.

Take a look at the politics sub forum and you will see them for yourself. Crying, pissing and moaning because they don’t like BREXIT. Honestly it is quite vomit inducing, but will probably never stop."

Seriously I think you have more melt downs about politics

I could list the number of times you have had a melt as you declare how much trouble would occur if no Brexit occurred

The irony I find is many who love to throw the snow word around are equally responsible for wordy emotional rants when they are not getting their way xx

Reply privately

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"There is a misconception about the “snowflake generation.” Although young people today do seem a lot lot easier to offend than those who came before them. You don’t have to be a young person though. There are millions upon millions of them, just waiting for an excuse to be offended, and some of them are grandparents, so not all young.

Take a look at the politics sub forum and you will see them for yourself. Crying, pissing and moaning because they don’t like BREXIT. Honestly it is quite vomit inducing, but will probably never stop."

This is the crux of it I think. “Snowflake” really has just become a term bandied around willy nilly by the right every time they are challenged about something by the left. Usually by people who can’t be arsed (or just plain can’t) string a coherent argument together.

People can make the calmest, most rational argument about something, be it Brexit, Trump, climate change, you name it.... and they’ll just be labelled a snowflake.

I don’t think people have been “crying, pudding and moaning” about Brexit. They’ve been, quite rightly, pointing out that Brexit is a bad idea, that will almost certainly have a net negative effect on the UK’s economic future.

Not to mention the irony of the equally childish “remoaner”, given that that side of the debate had been bloody moaning about the EU for 40 years, so weren’t about to shut up about it had the referendum gone the other way.

Reply privately

over a year ago

More like hail

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think your all snowflake's

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/02/19 13:00:28]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think your all snowflake's "

No I’m hail

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I think your all snowflake's

No I’m hail "

obviously I wasn't talking about the mighy hail just the rest

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree

It seems (in my opinion) mostly middle aged people calling people my age snowflakes for having opinions

So is this just a thread because you are pissed off after being called a snowflake? Bit snowflakey don't you think? "

Nobody called me a snowflake yesterday, I just read another forum post and someone mentioned snowflakes.

If someone called me a snowflake, that’s okay, they’re entitled to their wrong opinion

It tends to be those calling you a snowflake who are more wound up and offended anyway

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"

Thumb , Thumb but i'm swapping 'Probably' for now n then.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Snowflakes are about 1cm long at most. You’re 5’7 so far too tall, you silly goose "

I’m talking about this thread with someone so having a re-read of it, only just noticed this

Reply privately

over a year ago

No but I melt snowflakes with some of my opinions on here

Reply privately

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Are you one?"

What is a snowflake?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Are you one?

What is a snowflake?"

Someone who is over emotional, easily offended and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

Reply privately

By *ollycouple71Couple
over a year ago

manchester

NO

Reply privately

By *rbean69Man
over a year ago

Stroud

"Are you one?

What is a snowflake?

Someone who is over emotional, easily offended and unable to deal with opposing opinions. "

Best definition. And it is not confined to any particular part of the political spectrum or age group.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Yes...seeing as in this day and age, the term refers to anyone who expresses an opinion contrary to another's!

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Are you one?

What is a snowflake?

Someone who is over emotional, easily offended and unable to deal with opposing opinions.

Best definition. And it is not confined to any particular part of the political spectrum or age group."

Anyone can be a snowflake.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Are you one?

What is a snowflake?"

It’s a term now used for anyone with a differing opinion, designed to close down debate by people who haven’t got the intelligence to challenge their view point.

Reply privately

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Not me. There isn't a rude name or insult that I haven't hurled at me , so IDGAF !!

Reply privately

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Not me. There isn't a rude name or insult that I haven't hurled at me , so IDGAF !!"
* had hurled at me ffs *

Reply privately

By *ickygirl41Woman
over a year ago

Glasgow

I agree

Pretty much.

Reply privately

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Are you one?

What is a snowflake?

It’s a term now used for anyone with a differing opinion, designed to close down debate by people who haven’t got the intelligence to challenge their view point. "

You’re one step ahead of me. I was expecting a different reply. And my next reply might have been something like...

“Oh. So not some lameass and lazy expression used for anyone with a differing opinion, designed to close down debate by people who haven’t got the intelligence to challenge their view point then?”

Anyway, gotta dash. Need to laugh at Farage having milkshake thrown in his face...

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree

Pretty much."

You can't call someone a snowflake simply for having an opposing view.

Reply privately

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Also, didn’t notice this was an old thread. Sorry about the repeats...

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Also, didn’t notice this was an old thread. Sorry about the repeats... "

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree

Pretty much.

You can't call someone a snowflake simply for having an opposing view. "

And yet, people do

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree

Pretty much.

And yet, people do "

Then they're idiots.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't think so. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because it might differ from mine doesn't make either of us wrong.

Reply privately

By *r FirecrackerMan
over a year ago

London

Take a look at the politics sub forum and you will see them for yourself. Crying, pissing and moaning because they don’t like BREXIT. Honestly it is quite vomit inducing, but will probably never stop.

This is the crux of it I think. “Snowflake” really has just become a term bandied around willy nilly by the right every time they are challenged about something by the left. Usually by people who can’t be arsed (or just plain can’t) string a coherent argument together.

People can make the calmest, most rational argument about something, be it Brexit, Trump, climate change, you name it.... and they’ll just be labelled a snowflake.

I don’t think people have been “crying, pudding and moaning” about Brexit. They’ve been, quite rightly, pointing out that Brexit is a bad idea, that will almost certainly have a net negative effect on the UK’s economic future.

Not to mention the irony of the equally childish “remoaner”, given that that side of the debate had been bloody moaning about the EU for 40 years, so weren’t about to shut up about it had the referendum gone the other way. "

What a snowflake!

Reply privately

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

I agree

Pretty much.

And yet, people do "

And the irony is that the people calling people snowflakes are often the ones who are disproportionately annoyed at the slightest thing, which probably isn’t even true...

Reply privately

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I don't think so. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because it might differ from mine doesn't make either of us wrong."

I disagree. Some opinions simply are idiotic.

Opinions shouldn’t automatically be respected just by virtue of being someone’s opinion. IMO.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree

Pretty much.

And yet, people do

And the irony is that the people calling people snowflakes are often the ones who are disproportionately annoyed at the slightest thing, which probably isn’t even true..."

Yep

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nope

Reply privately

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

"I don't think so. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because it might differ from mine doesn't make either of us wrong."

My opinion is that Paris is the capital of England.

Reply privately

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"I don't think so. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because it might differ from mine doesn't make either of us wrong.

My opinion is that Paris is the capital of England. "

You idiot!

Reply privately

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

The capital of Paris is turnips.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I don't think so. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because it might differ from mine doesn't make either of us wrong.

You idiot! "

There goes the Kleenex again.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's a factually incorrect statement pretending to be an opinion

Reply privately

over a year ago

I don't know. I don't subscribe to these modern words from lazy people.

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's you being shit at Geography.

Reply privately

By *linyMan
over a year ago

Manchester/London

“Snowflakes is a term used by sociopaths in an attempt to discredit the notion of empathy.” John Cleese.

Reply privately

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

That's a factually incorrect statement

pretending to be an opinion "

That people who value notions of fairness, equality or tolerance are somehow weak or “wrong” (or for those too lazy or articulate to say that directly, a “snowflake”) is also a factually incorrect statement pretending to be an opinion.

Reply privately

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

“an overly sensitive or easily offended person, or one who believes they are entitled to special treatment on account of their supposedly unique characteristics.”

Loads of snowflakes on here I would say

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well im pretty like one

Reply privately

over a year ago

That's a factually incorrect statement

pretending to be an opinion

That people who value notions of fairness, equality or tolerance are somehow weak or “wrong” (or for those too lazy or articulate to say that directly, a “snowflake”) is also a factually incorrect statement pretending to be an opinion."

Correct. Much like "gammon" at the other end of the spectrum.

Reply privately

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Are you one?

What is a snowflake?

It’s a term now used for anyone with a differing opinion, designed to close down debate by people who haven’t got the intelligence to challenge their view point. "

No it isn’t .

It’s a term used for those people who feel an unwarranted sense of entitlement . People who feel they are uniquely different , and who don’t like opposing opinions . And most importantly they are very easily offended by all manner of things , particularly things that have nothing to do with them . SJW’s as a good example .

And fab is absolutely full of them .

Reply privately

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan
over a year ago

here

"Are you one?

What is a snowflake?

It’s a term now used for anyone with a differing opinion, designed to close down debate by people who haven’t got the intelligence to challenge their view point.

No it isn’t .

It’s a term used for those people who feel an unwarranted sense of entitlement . People who feel they are uniquely different , and who don’t like opposing opinions . And most importantly they are very easily offended by all manner of things , particularly things that have nothing to do with them . SJW’s as a good example .

And fab is absolutely full of them ."

I just said that

Reply privately

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Are you one?

What is a snowflake?

No it isn’t .

I just said that "

Well I fully agree with you

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Are you one?

What is a snowflake?

No it isn’t .

And fab is absolutely full of them ."

No it’s not. It’s the equivalent term of what the left call a ‘gammon’, which is anyone with a difference of opinion than them. Left and right are both as bad as each other. Instead of listening to the facts and making and informed opinion, people only hear what they want to hear, sound familiar ?

Reply privately

By *uzukiNo1Woman
over a year ago

Rhyl

Yes I melt in the mouth.....

Reply privately

over a year ago

More a sunbeam

Reply privately

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Are you one?

What is a snowflake?

No it isn’t .

No it’s not. It’s the equivalent term of what the left call a ‘gammon’, which is anyone with a difference of opinion than them. Left and right are both as bad as each other. Instead of listening to the facts and making and informed opinion, people only hear what they want to hear, sound familiar ? "

I don’t think it has anything to do with left or right .

It’s the entitlement and the offence taken that makes a snowflake a snowflake .

And no , it doesn’t sound familiar .

Reply privately

over a year ago

Na dont be silly

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Are you one?"

I don't know what one is

Reply privately

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Not sure what one is really it just seems to be another term banded about but noone has ever called me one

Reply privately

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

"Are you one?

What is a snowflake?

No it isn’t .

No it’s not. It’s the equivalent term of what the left call a ‘gammon’, which is anyone with a difference of opinion than them. Left and right are both as bad as each other. Instead of listening to the facts and making and informed opinion, people only hear what they want to hear, sound familiar ?

And no , it doesn’t sound familiar ."

In my experience I have only ever seen those with a right leaning tendency label someone with more liberal views as a “snowflake”.

I might also question the notion that people branded a “snowflake” for taking offence at something are necessarily somehow in the wrong for being offended.

The treatment of many groups actually is offensive. I’m not convinced that it is at all constructive to dismiss any offence taken by labelling any offended person as a “snowflake”.

Can you give some examples of inappropriate offenders taken that might, in your opinion, warrant labelling someone as a “snowflake”?

Reply privately

over a year ago

Are you American?

Reply privately

By *loswingersCouple
over a year ago

Gloucester

"Are you one?

What is a snowflake?

No it isn’t .

And no , it doesn’t sound familiar .

In my experience I have only ever seen those with a right leaning tendency label someone with more liberal views as a “snowflake”.

I might also question the notion that people branded a “snowflake” for taking offence at something are necessarily somehow in the wrong for being offended.

The treatment of many groups actually is offensive. I’m not convinced that it is at all constructive to dismiss any offence taken by labelling any offended person as a “snowflake”.

Can you give some examples of inappropriate offenders taken that might, in your opinion, warrant labelling someone as a “snowflake”?"

Anyone who has a sense of self inflated importance , entitlement , and who gets offended on behalf of every minority going .

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Not sure what one is really it just seems to be another term banded about but noone has ever called me one"

Because you're not one.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I havn't caught a snowflake on my tongue in a number of years. Very pretty under a microscope too.

Reply privately

By *entakuruMan
over a year ago

Exeter

I'm an hailstone

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm an hailstone"

One of the golfball ones that bonk you over the head or the tiny ones that look like everywhere is sprinkled in marbles

Reply privately

over a year ago

Don't eat yellow snow kids

Reply privately