FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

anyone know anything about private house renting??

Jump to newest

By *ichaelangela OP   Couple
over a year ago

notts

About to put in our notice for where we live. question is, our rent is paid up to 20th Feb and we need to leave on 25th Feb, do we just pay for the extra 5 days or do we have to pay for a whole extra month, thanks for the sensible replies in advance

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"About to put in our notice for where we live. question is, our rent is paid up to 20th Feb and we need to leave on 25th Feb, do we just pay for the extra 5 days or do we have to pay for a whole extra month, thanks for the sensible replies in advance"

Id pay extra 5 days.

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Usually you give 4 weeks notice before your next rent payment

You may be able to negotiate the extra 5 days ... if you have good landlords ... otherwise it's usually the complete month

over a year ago

You should be able to agree with your landlord via the letting agent an extension where you pay for five days rent

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

Depends partly on how reasonable your landlord is and how much notice you give them.

They could charge you for the whole month as in reality they are likely to lose a full months income.

If you have been a good tenant and you have a good relationship with them they may just charge you for the odd days.

You could end up with them keeping all or part of your deposit tho.

It also depends on what your contract states (if you have one).

Go read the small print.

Good luck.

By *he Queen of TartsWoman
Forum Mod

over a year ago

My Own Little World

What does it say in your lease/tenancy agreement?

You may have to pay another full month's rent, but the only way to know for sure is to ask your landlord.

over a year ago

Your best bet is just to speak to your landlord.

I've been in this situation before and had a great landlord who said I've been a great Talent and they didn't have a problem with me stay in the extra 7 days in my case. He said the new tenants weren't moving in for a month anyway. I think in theory you are eligible for the full month but you should be able to negotiate.

over a year ago

"Your best bet is just to speak to your landlord.

I've been in this situation before and had a great landlord who said I've been a great Talent and they didn't have a problem with me stay in the extra 7 days in my case. He said the new tenants weren't moving in for a month anyway. I think in theory you are eligible for the full month but you should be able to negotiate. "

So how talented were you

By *ara JTV/TS
over a year ago

Bristol East

"About to put in our notice for where we live. question is, our rent is paid up to 20th Feb and we need to leave on 25th Feb, do we just pay for the extra 5 days or do we have to pay for a whole extra month, thanks for the sensible replies in advance"

Probably depends on your relationship with the landlord.

The odds of your exit date falling the day before monthly rent day are pretty long.

I wanted to stay for about a week after the rent-due date.

I worked out the annual rent, divided it by 365 and multiplied by 9 or 10 days.

When I gave my notice some weeks earlier, I said I wanted to leave on X date and offered him Y above for those few days beyond the rent-due date.

The landlord was happy with that.

over a year ago

"Your best bet is just to speak to your landlord.

I've been in this situation before and had a great landlord who said I've been a great Talent and they didn't have a problem with me stay in the extra 7 days in my case. He said the new tenants weren't moving in for a month anyway. I think in theory you are eligible for the full month but you should be able to negotiate.

So how talented were you "

Oh obviously I meant to tenant!

over a year ago

They’ll probably get you to pay for the extra month. Whenever we private rented that’s how it was done.

By *ichaelangela OP   Couple
over a year ago

notts

"About to put in our notice for where we live. question is, our rent is paid up to 20th Feb and we need to leave on 25th Feb, do we just pay for the extra 5 days or do we have to pay for a whole extra month, thanks for the sensible replies in advance

They’ll probably get you to pay for the extra month. Whenever we private rented that’s how it was done. "

Yep, this is what is happening after speaking to landlord.... got to pay a full month from the rent due date even tho we only 5 days over

over a year ago

"About to put in our notice for where we live. question is, our rent is paid up to 20th Feb and we need to leave on 25th Feb, do we just pay for the extra 5 days or do we have to pay for a whole extra month, thanks for the sensible replies in advance

They’ll probably get you to pay for the extra month. Whenever we private rented that’s how it was done.

Yep, this is what is happening after speaking to landlord.... got to pay a full month from the rent due date even tho we only 5 days over "

I was only three days over with one of them. But it was that or have nowhere to stay and nowhere for my furniture

over a year ago

No landlord is going to agree for you to leave on a Monday they will want you out on the 22nd or you will be paying until the 1st or 2nd March. People don't tend to move house on a monday or Tuesday.

Bearing in mind you have to negotiate this with your landlord who can ask for the full month you might not want to present an option that is potentially going to look like you are taking the piss

By *ruebameMan
over a year ago

from the womb and tryout to get back

I rent houses if you have a good landlord then he should waver the five days as long as you have give him the correct notice and the house has been looked after if you do have to pay then the law states only the extra days that you are there needs to be paid hope this helps also if you have put a bond down then this is now guaranteed so you have no worries of its return

By *udewhennudeMan
over a year ago

newport

Landlord is only entitled to 5 days if you’ve given him the correct notice. Learnt this the hard way. Ie paid for a month and had to claim it back. Landlord acted like a Pratt and tried to keep it.

Post new Message to Thread