FabSwingers.com mobile

Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

If you Believe, They Put A Man On The Moon?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ok so on the radio they were discussing that people don't believe there was a Holocaust... How? Also people don't believe in The Moon landings, The Earth Is Round....

Is there anything you don't believe in that the majority does? Santa and Tooth Fairy can't be mentioned as I still believe in them. Please don't ruin my dreams.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

A man on the mooooooooon

Sorry, got a bit carried away with REM

over a year ago

Listening to Jeremy vine OP?

Bang goes your street cred

over a year ago

I saw a tweet the other day from the flat earth society that read...

“Join the flat earth society, we have members all over the globe”

By *irth.Minge.FireMan
over a year ago

Seen in far off places

I don't believe that the last contestant to feature on the 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' series is actually a real contestant.

Surely it's a planted actor?

They always reach the end of their game (be it a wrong answer or a "I'll take the money Jeremy") at the exact time the program is scheduled to finish - thus, no carry over of a contestant from one series / season to the next.

Hmmm, one smells a rat...

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I'm going to state the obvious, and possibly derail the thread so apologies - but religion, or more to the point that any religion is anything more than a series of constructs used to control people.

Probably the biggest conspiracy ever created and caused more grief to this world than everything else put together.

over a year ago

That Brexit is going to be the End of life as we know it the UK What a load of shit

over a year ago

"I'm going to state the obvious, and possibly derail the thread so apologies - but religion, or more to the point that any religion is anything more than a series of constructs used to control people.

Probably the biggest conspiracy ever created and caused more grief to this world than everything else put together."

What he said.

(Trying to refrain from saying "This")

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I'm going to state the obvious, and possibly derail the thread so apologies - but religion, or more to the point that any religion is anything more than a series of constructs used to control people.

Probably the biggest conspiracy ever created and caused more grief to this world than everything else put together."

This

over a year ago

I agree...

By *irth.Minge.FireMan
over a year ago

Seen in far off places

"That Brexit is going to be the End of life as we know it the UK What a load of shit "

...very nearly an REM pun there Ness

Ooh, you narrowly hit the post!

over a year ago

"

"

Pahahahaha

over a year ago

"That Brexit is going to be the End of life as we know it the UK What a load of shit

Ooh, you narrowly hit the post!"

lol isn’t it the end of world song ? X

over a year ago

"Listening to Jeremy vine OP?

Bang goes your street cred "

No it was on today lol. Nothi g wrong with Radio 2. Except they play crappy up to date music now.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

* This will happen in our lifetime* . Population Control will become inevitable in the next 10-20 years.

By *irth.Minge.FireMan
over a year ago

Seen in far off places

"That Brexit is going to be the End of life as we know it the UK What a load of shit

Ooh, you narrowly hit the post!lol isn’t it the end of world song ? X"

It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

over a year ago

I knew Religion would come up.. I agree, how can something so obviously made up be believed.

over a year ago

"

"

That can't be right surely? They're not that stupid? Well???

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

God as he/she/it is sold to us.

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Hate to say it ... the earth isn't round... being a 3 dimensional object it is more spherical.. and even then it is not a perfect sphere

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

Probably the biggest conspiracy ever created and caused more grief to this world than everything else put together.

I knew Religion would come up.. I agree, how can something so obviously made up be believed. "

Because it grew and was used to control people at a time when people were easily controlled, didn't have the scientific knowledge to question it, or the resources to show it for what it was - it did actually give people logical answers back then to questions like why does the sun shine, or why has there been a plague - and once that control and belief was in place it was difficult to shake.

It's only really been in the past 100 years or so that people have become more free thinking and able to see it for what it is - which is why, certainly in the more developed world, religious beliefs are dwindling more and more - although there are those that have either been bought up believing and have never questioned, or those who take comfort from their belief and find it a crutch to get them through life.

I'm not actually anti-religion, as a series of stories with morals, for example the Bible actually has some very good lessons to live by, but needs to be seen as no different than Aesops Fables for example - it's the power of religion that I disagree with.

over a year ago

I believe that Nightswimming deserves a quiet night.

over a year ago

JV is awesome! Don't dis!

over a year ago

I was listening too!

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I believe that Nightswimming deserves a quiet night."
I was at an Rem concert once and got my photo taken with them . When I showed my mates the pic they couldn't see me . I had to point and say " that's me in the corner "

By *hortieWoman
over a year ago

Northampton

I believe he really did push an elephant up the stairs.

I also believe he tossed out punchlines that were never there.

over a year ago

You could say the same about God! Do I believe no.

Ghosts, never seen one so don’t believe.

By *hortieWoman
over a year ago

Northampton

"I believe that Nightswimming deserves a quiet night. I was at an Rem concert once and got my photo taken with them . When I showed my mates the pic they couldn't see me . I had to point and say " that's me in the corner " "

Fucking hell, Slim...

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan
over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"I believe that Nightswimming deserves a quiet night. I was at an Rem concert once and got my photo taken with them . When I showed my mates the pic they couldn't see me . I had to point and say " that's me in the corner "

Fucking hell, Slim... "

Why thankyou x

over a year ago

"You could say the same about God! Do I believe no.

Ghosts, never seen one so don’t believe. "

I've always said unless it's standing in front of me I wont believe in Ghosts.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I've always said unless it's standing in front of me I wont believe in Ghosts. "

How would you know it was a ghost?

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

How would you know it was a ghost?"

They could say they were ... but then sometimes people can be so transparent

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

They could say they were ... but then sometimes people can be so transparent"

y

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

I knew Religion would come up.. I agree, how can something so obviously made up be believed.

Because it grew and was used to control people at a time when people were easily controlled, didn't have the scientific knowledge to question it, or the resources to show it for what it was - it did actually give people logical answers back then to questions like why does the sun shine, or why has there been a plague - and once that control and belief was in place it was difficult to shake.

It's only really been in the past 100 years or so that people have become more free thinking and able to see it for what it is - which is why, certainly in the more developed world, religious beliefs are dwindling more and more - although there are those that have either been bought up believing and have never questioned, or those who take comfort from their belief and find it a crutch to get them through life.

I'm not actually anti-religion, as a series of stories with morals, for example the Bible actually has some very good lessons to live by, but needs to be seen as no different than Aesops Fables for example - it's the power of religion that I disagree with."

I am as militant an athiest as anyone, but I don't think the conspiracy theory of religion as something dreamed up to control people holds water.

As Marx put it, religion is the "cry of the soul in a soulless world". Its something people use to make sense of the tragedies and injustices that life involves.

Ruling classes have used religion as a useful tool to keep people quiescent, but the only reason they can so use it is because it speaks to something that many people feel very deeply.

By *inkyLondonpairCouple
over a year ago

London

"I believe that Nightswimming deserves a quiet night. I was at an Rem concert once and got my photo taken with them . When I showed my mates the pic they couldn't see me . I had to point and say " that's me in the corner " "

On a similar note, I was playing scrabble with midge ure. I got down to my last four letters. I put them on the board O V N R.

He said "that means nothing to me"

By *entileschiWoman
over a year ago

Norwich

I'd like to believe in a Loch Ness Monster but I fancy it's wishful thinking.

over a year ago

They could say they were ... but then sometimes people can be so transparent y

"

over a year ago

How would you know it was a ghost?"

If it was a vegan ghost, it would tell him.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

I'm not actually anti-religion, as a series of stories with morals, for example the Bible actually has some very good lessons to live by, but needs to be seen as no different than Aesops Fables for example - it's the power of religion that I disagree with.

I am as militant an athiest as anyone, but I don't think the conspiracy theory of religion as something dreamed up to control people holds water.

As Marx put it, religion is the "cry of the soul in a soulless world". Its something people use to make sense of the tragedies and injustices that life involves.

Ruling classes have used religion as a useful tool to keep people quiescent, but the only reason they can so use it is because it speaks to something that many people feel very deeply. "

You've just said what I said using different words

I didn't at any point say it was "dreamed up" in quite as simplistic terms as that - and of course it wasn't the result of some ancient think tank sitting down and working out how to control the people - the origins of religion is a whole other thread probably not for this site - so will just leave it that it's been used to control since the year dot

over a year ago

"I believe that Nightswimming deserves a quiet night. I was at an Rem concert once and got my photo taken with them . When I showed my mates the pic they couldn't see me . I had to point and say " that's me in the corner "

On a similar note, I was playing scrabble with midge ure. I got down to my last four letters. I put them on the board O V N R.

He said "that means nothing to me" "

My claim to fame is I was in an ultrovox video.

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

REM were not a pop band

If you believe they put a man on the moon

By *illyjohnyCouple
over a year ago

brighton

It was all started by some Cockney geezer chatting to his mate he said would you Adam and Eve it that fella just scrumped an apple of that tree what he then swapped for 2 loaves of bread from a bloke called Jesus of which he swapped one of them for some fish from another fella called Christian .

Which this story got twisted around over the years

over a year ago

It was all started by some Cockney geezer chatting to his mate he said would you Adam and Eve it that fella just scrumped an apple of that tree what he then swapped for 2 loaves of bread from a bloke called Jesus of which he swapped one of them for some fish from another fella called Christian .

Which this story got twisted around over the years "

See I think everyone was on magic mushrooms! Walking on water? That's nothing! I've had a mars bar chase me!

over a year ago

I don't believe there was ever a man on the moon I believe it was staged. I have a lot of interesting beliefs tho I'd be happy to chat about

Mrscxxx

By *illyjohnyCouple
over a year ago

brighton

See I think everyone was on magic mushrooms! Walking on water? That's nothing! I've had a mars bar chase me! "

As I snicker quietly to myself

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

Ruling classes have used religion as a useful tool to keep people quiescent, but the only reason they can so use it is because it speaks to something that many people feel very deeply. "

God and Jesus loves you..I want to see the pictures of that meet

over a year ago

See I think everyone was on magic mushrooms! Walking on water? That's nothing! I've had a mars bar chase me!

As I snicker quietly to myself "

Very good!

My mate was eating rabbit shit and shouting fucking hell boys look at all these free maltesers!

By *ethnmelvCouple
over a year ago

Chudleigh

"

"

Brilliant

Post new Message to Thread