Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Meal planners

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Do you plan what you're going to cook each night and buy the stuff in accordingly? Or do you wing it and go to the shops every night even though your freezer and cupboards are bulging?

Do you cook in bulk or use leftovers? Any tips?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I plan to plan, but then can't be bothered shopping and just eat burgers and pasta.

over a year ago

We plan what we're gonna cook for most nights. Will be a couple that will be leftovers or take outs. Find it easier and cheaper for shopping

By *rimson_RoseWoman
over a year ago

Tamworth

I plan every Friday or Saturday and then get in the appropriate kit. It saves me going off piste and buying bad things!

By *ady LickWoman
over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

We do a weekly plan, and shop accordingly. Less stress and less waste

over a year ago

I do a plan and shop accordingly, my sons need to know what they’re eating every day so we have very similar meals most weeks just change a few things around x

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

I’m really bad for food wastage, I do a weekly shop, then either forget what I’ve bought or just not fancy it. I don’t like leftovers though

over a year ago

Two shopping trips per week. Tuesday I buy 3 days meals. Friday, I buy 4 days meals.

We plan our meals as I can't go to the supermarket every day and I sometimes have to make meals that can be reheated. Some days I make lunch and dinner for the next day in the evening.

over a year ago

At the moment most of our meals are chicken or minced beef based.

I buy chicken thighs and breasts, and 500gms of minced beef when I go shopping and keep the larder stocked, so I can change a meal if I have to.

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

I spend a couple of days a month, usually once a fortnight bulk cooking. Then stuff goes in the freezer and I pick out randomly what I'm going to have.

Usually stuff like risotto, spag bol, jambalaya, fish cakes, ratatouilli, curry etc. Then I just buy fresh veg on a weekly basis.

over a year ago

"I do a plan and shop accordingly, my sons need to know what they’re eating every day so we have very similar meals most weeks just change a few things around x "

Do they remember that Mondays are always fish (for example)? I think that's lovely. It will make them feel secure. X

over a year ago

"I spend a couple of days a month, usually once a fortnight bulk cooking. Then stuff goes in the freezer and I pick out randomly what I'm going to have.

Usually stuff like risotto, spag bol, jambalaya, fish cakes, ratatouilli, curry etc. Then I just buy fresh veg on a weekly basis."

Do you have a massive freezer? This sounds like a good idea. I need to plan my freezer better.

over a year ago

"I plan every Friday or Saturday and then get in the appropriate kit. It saves me going off piste and buying bad things! "

Good point about bad things!

By *edangel_2013Woman
over a year ago

southend

"I spend a couple of days a month, usually once a fortnight bulk cooking. Then stuff goes in the freezer and I pick out randomly what I'm going to have.

Usually stuff like risotto, spag bol, jambalaya, fish cakes, ratatouilli, curry etc. Then I just buy fresh veg on a weekly basis.

Do you have a massive freezer? This sounds like a good idea. I need to plan my freezer better. "

I have a chest freezer outside, then a fridge freezer inside. It can be a pain, but I like knowing what's in my food.

By *evil_u_knowMan
over a year ago

city

I buy meat in bulk.

25 chicken breasts, 2 tubs of mine, 2 tubs of diced steak, A tub of turkey, A tub of burgers.

I seperate them into single night portions and put them in the freezer. To defrost I take them out the night before and put them in the fridge. That means I only have one eatable thing in the house at a time, and if I dont eat it, I have to throw it out as you cant let it defrost and leave it in the fridge for 2 days.

So if i think about ordering a takeaway, I also have to think about throwing the perfectly good food in the fridge out.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"I buy meat in bulk.

25 chicken breasts, 2 tubs of mine, 2 tubs of diced steak, A tub of turkey, A tub of burgers.

I seperate them into single night portions and put them in the freezer. To defrost I take them out the night before and put them in the fridge. That means I only have one eatable thing in the house at a time, and if I dont eat it, I have to throw it out as you cant let it defrost and leave it in the fridge for 2 days.

So if i think about ordering a takeaway, I also have to think about throwing the perfectly good food in the fridge out."

I do the same thing. Meat in bulk and defrost. I wing it with whatever I pull out and the vegetables I buy more frequently.

over a year ago

"I do a plan and shop accordingly, my sons need to know what they’re eating every day so we have very similar meals most weeks just change a few things around x

Do they remember that Mondays are always fish (for example)? I think that's lovely. It will make them feel secure. X"

Yes they know that certain days are certain meals, it’s only really Monday Tuesday and Friday I give them a choice, that way it’s not too overwhelming and shows them not everything can be planned completely x

over a year ago

I plan a full week op. I run my kitchen like a Resteraunt.

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

I buy random food from a strange company called reduced to clear..it makes for an interesting varied diet

Post new Message to Thread