Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Should schools be divided by gender?

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Continue here, we had an interesting discussion about it yesterday as it would a more effective way of learning as both genders could concentrate more, whats your view? I think there are some schools like that, how is it going for them?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

It doesn’t make them concentrate more all it does is make it harder to interact with the other sex later on it life.

My son will never go to a single sex school.

By *usie pTV/TS
over a year ago

taunton

Kin hell I hope some of the well educated pupils get careers as opticians as there must be a severe shortage and lots of people need their eyes testing cos they think we is all the same. PS bring back the cane.

By *ust RachelTV/TS
over a year ago

Horsham

I went to an all boys senior school, I think they have their place.

Only issue is the gender fluid and transgender pupils, do you have a separate school for those?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Never.

No teenager should be deprived of getting stinky fingers behind the bike sheds.

over a year ago

I'd like to see the school that can separate all twelve millionty genders

C

By *usie pTV/TS
over a year ago

taunton

Lol Lacey tis a long time since you went to school they don't have bike sheds any more cycling is far too dangerous and the poor little devils would have to put in far to much effort to make the wheels turn it may harm them.

over a year ago

"It doesn’t make them concentrate more all it does is make it harder to interact with the other sex later on it life.

My son will never go to a single sex school. "

What evidence do you have to back up those facts (concentration and interaction) or are they just your opinion?

By *hrobbermanMan
over a year ago

Lanarkshire

As someone who has worked in Education for over 30 years, this topic starts with a false premise about "better concentration".

Total rubbish.

Utter nonsense.

over a year ago

It's rubbish about not relating to opposite sexes when you go to a single sex school, the children have normal lives outside of school, family and friends

over a year ago

"I went to an all boys senior school, I think they have their place.

Only issue is the gender fluid and transgender pupils, do you have a separate school for those?"

Is that a new fad? Are they like jocks or emo's? Or are they mods or rockers? I think schools can take boys and girls no matter what music they are into

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

"It doesn’t make them concentrate more all it does is make it harder to interact with the other sex later on it life.

What evidence do you have to back up those facts (concentration and interaction) or are they just your opinion?"

It’s my opinion and I went to a all boys school and the fact I don’t care about anyone else’s opinion on this as I won’t change mine.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

I would imagine as children are all different, then different schools will suit different children. For me, the all girls school suited me and worked for me. I went to a mixed sixth form centre, but dropped out as a lot of the boys were disruptive in class and I was learning nothing. Went off and got a job and that forged my career up to my early retirement, so it worked out in the end

over a year ago

What evidence do you have to back up those facts (concentration and interaction) or are they just your opinion?

It’s my opinion and I went to a all boys school and the fact I don’t care about anyone else’s opinion on this as I won’t change mine. "

I don't think they are trying to change your opinion. The quoted wording suggests it was not a personal opinion. That's why they asked. I suspect. I'm sure they will let you know though.

By *amissCouple
over a year ago

chelmsford

My son will never go to a single sex school. "

I certainly concentrated more at the all girls school and had no problem interacting with the boys and girls on our estate, outside of school, but I agree, it's not for everyone

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

Old school idea, lol

But yeh I think it’s s good idea

Post new Message to Thread