Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fake Profiles...

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So I've been thinking about fake profiles and sending pics. If there are so many fake profiles is it wise to send a face pic with a first message? Isn't it better to get to know each other better? I don't care either way but the majority of people on here hide their face so discretion is important to them. If you're sending face pics on first message and it turns out to be a fake profile who knows what they'll do with your pic...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *ana_nana_MATTMAN!Man
over a year ago

Haywood Village, Weston-super-Mare

"So I've been thinking about fake profiles and sending pics. If there are so many fake profiles is it wise to send a face pic with a first message? Isn't it better to get to know each other better? I don't care either way but the majority of people on here hide their face so discretion is important to them. If you're sending face pics on first message and it turns out to be a fake profile who knows what they'll do with your pic..."

It's a risk that has to be calculated.

From a single woman's perspective, I can understand why they request them from the guys in the first message. They often get so many messages that it can be too time consuming to get to know them before finding out if they are even attracted to them. The onus is on the person messaging them to decide if they're willing to take the risk.

over a year ago

"So I've been thinking about fake profiles and sending pics. If there are so many fake profiles is it wise to send a face pic with a first message? Isn't it better to get to know each other better? I don't care either way but the majority of people on here hide their face so discretion is important to them. If you're sending face pics on first message and it turns out to be a fake profile who knows what they'll do with your pic...

It's a risk that has to be calculated.

From a single woman's perspective, I can understand why they request them from the guys in the first message. They often get so many messages that it can be too time consuming to get to know them before finding out if they are even attracted to them. The onus is on the person messaging them to decide if they're willing to take the risk."

Yeah, well said!

By *ilkenWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

"So I've been thinking about fake profiles and sending pics. If there are so many fake profiles is it wise to send a face pic with a first message? Isn't it better to get to know each other better? I don't care either way but the majority of people on here hide their face so discretion is important to them. If you're sending face pics on first message and it turns out to be a fake profile who knows what they'll do with your pic..."

If you are unsure then don't send one its not compulsory after all. Then you may get less replies its all down to personal choice. If it does worry you the fakes are after your face pic best take it off your profile too.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Dont really think iv come accross more than 3

over a year ago

Non fake people could do things with your pic too?

over a year ago

"Non fake people could do things with your pic too? "

True! Forget I mentioned anything...

By *adyGardenWoman
over a year ago

LONDON (se)

Well to be fare if a profile has recent verifications it won't be fake so sending face pic on first contact or at the very least second shouldn't be an issue

over a year ago

there are so many profiles on here tht are using images from Google. Do the admin do anything about those profiles when reported?

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"there are so many profiles on here tht are using images from Google. Do the admin do anything about those profiles when reported?"

If it's clear the pics are "borrowed" and not legitimately the profile owners then yes pics are removed - however just because someone has pics from another site doesn't automatically mean they are fake - some people do post pics elsewhere, and that's when it becomes difficult to prove whether they are being legitimately used or not.

over a year ago

not when u do a google image search and the pic appears on 100's of sites............

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Well op youve got all of you out on public anyone could lift the picture if they wanted

over a year ago

What exactly could they do with a face pic? Just curious

With social media, photoshop and editing, a face pic isn't really going to cause too much of a problem right?

Unless that face pic is a naked full body shot then maybe there are some concerns.

Enlighten me please, so I can readjust my think if wrong

By *ngelina4uWoman
over a year ago

Camberley/Middleton

If in doubt dont send its as simple as that however no bitching or whingeing when you get little or no response from people.

The reality is you have to get someone attention if you want to meet them. If the profile says you need to send a face picture and you ignore then quite simply you are a time waster no more no less.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"not when u do a google image search and the pic appears on 100's of sites............"

In that instance then no it doesn't - but when it only reverse images to one or two others that's when it can become a grey area

over a year ago

Then don’t send a face pic until you’ve chatted a while.

Fakes are popping up all the time and it’s sad that people spend the time creating them.

over a year ago

"Well op youve got all of you out on public anyone could lift the picture if they wanted"

I don't care tbh... It's just something that I thought about and interested in opinions.

By *c1989Woman
over a year ago

Manchester

I had an interesting one today.

The profile was very basic but caught my attention because by the profile pic it looked like he's climbed everest which although might be a pipe dream I'd love to go there someday even just to base camp.

I googled the photo, it's only a pic of the first blind man to reach the summit. .

Fakes do pop up quite a bit. I've noticed a rise in people making their site verification photo their profile picture which just seems to defeat the purpose.

over a year ago

I am totally not fake can anyone see it in my eyes ?

Been told i got nice eyes, big nose funny looking knacker mouth but very sexy eyes :-/

Post new Message to Thread