Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

How big is too big? (Click bait)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

How many times I’ve thought about writing a long reply to a post and ducked out to opt for a one line answer (or a quick gag) is now becoming a litteral joke.

Why? Simply because I don’t get replied to often and see it as a waste of my time and energy. (Maybe this is how people veiw sending an hello type message in a PM, just a further thought)

Its not exclusive to myself I know, as I see lots of good replies that are endlessly ignored. And god only knows some will only interact with the opposite sex as that’s all they’re here for anyway.

But, how likely would you be to put an effort in to join in on a thread, and what’s your thoughts on long detailed answers to questions?

Can it be said with all the text?

Discuss, in detail please.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I have had that thought quite a few times. My problem is I like to just ramble.

Quite often I will do a huge post just to say "yes I agree" when nothing more is even required.

In fact u was tempted to go against your wishes and just reply with "yes" but my need to express words got the better of me and this is the result. Even tried to cheat with a quote but thought better of it.

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

We are mostly ignored but sometimes get a response. It doesn't really matter as we are just contributing and a response isn't necessary.

By *a LunaWoman
over a year ago

Wales

I can waffle for Wales on here.

In person i’m shy so you get hardly any conversation from me until i’ve known you for at least 3 years!

over a year ago

Threads are like profiles most people don’t read them I do though I genuinely find them fascinating

over a year ago

I see it all time, there will be a genuinely funny/ interesting answer that gets ignored, but a forumite can put something ridiculous/ not funny or doesn’t relate to the topic, but still hilarity ensues.

over a year ago

I join in properly if I feel I have something to contribute the rest of the time I just take the piss out of myself or thrown in my view. I don’t really mind if it appears to be ignored. The forum software prevents easy interaction beyond quoting. And editing quotes on a phone is a bloody ball ache.

Besides talking to the wall or myself is a specialty of mine.

over a year ago

"I join in properly if I feel I have something to contribute the rest of the time I just take the piss out of myself or thrown in my view. I don’t really mind if it appears to be ignored. The forum software prevents easy interaction beyond quoting. And editing quotes on a phone is a bloody ball ache.

Besides talking to the wall or myself is a specialty of mine. "

So is correcting typos and auto-carrot bloopers

over a year ago

"I join in properly if I feel I have something to contribute the rest of the time I just take the piss out of myself or thrown in my view. I don’t really mind if it appears to be ignored. The forum software prevents easy interaction beyond quoting. And editing quotes on a phone is a bloody ball ache.

Besides talking to the wall or myself is a specialty of mine.

So is correcting typos and auto-carrot bloopers"

And grammatical errors

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"Threads are like profiles most people don’t read them I do though I genuinely find them fascinating "

Nail on head.

I recently I started a few tongue in cheek threads, taking the mick out of some of the other threads. The vast majority of contributors took them literally because they couldn’t be bothered to read any of the replies.

I’ve been guilty of that too in my keenness to get my point across, I’ve been ignored more times than I’ve been replied to and I’ve also not responded to everyone on my own threads.

Nature of the beast I suppose.

By *uciyassMan
over a year ago

sheffield

I was having sex with my Ex a long long time ago ,doggy-style, and pulled out. There was a plastic ring around my cock. She said it was her birth control thingy. I felt like I had won a carnival game and won a cock ring

Sorry have I missed the point here

over a year ago

"We are mostly ignored but sometimes get a response. It doesn't really matter as we are just contributing and a response isn't necessary."

I read everyone's posts on threads. I like your posts.

over a year ago

This isn't my first rodeo. Whenever I posted back in the day, I would often write a reasonably eloquent paragraph or five and find myself frustrated when my comments were effectively repeated further down.

The salt in the would would be that the person who said what I said would be quoted and agreed with and my comments would be ignored.

Initially I believed there was a clique and because I sat outside of it, I was effectively invisible.

Over time, I found that I would get a message saying that my posts were noted and that the lady in question liked how I go about my business.

It is easy to get swept up in FOMO and find yourself feeling the need to post on every thread to increase your exposure. However the length of response is normally based on the complexity of the answer I wish to articulate.

I talk too much unless I can get away with a witty* one-liner.

*in my opinion.

over a year ago

"How many times I’ve thought about writing a long reply to a post and ducked out to opt for a one line answer (or a quick gag) is now becoming a litteral joke.

Why? Simply because I don’t get replied to often and see it as a waste of my time and energy. (Maybe this is how people veiw sending an hello type message in a PM, just a further thought)

Its not exclusive to myself I know, as I see lots of good replies that are endlessly ignored. And god only knows some will only interact with the opposite sex as that’s all they’re here for anyway.

But, how likely would you be to put an effort in to join in on a thread, and what’s your thoughts on long detailed answers to questions?

Can it be said with all the text?

Discuss, in detail please. "

Depends on many things. Time mostly. I read a lot.

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

I'll contribute whatever I think appropriate to a thread - sometimes I misconstrue that and will type a long rambling response when a few words or a tongue in cheek comment would have done, however I always stand by what I posted and how I meant it in the first place.

I'm not overly bothered by a lack of response to my points though, figuring that the important thing is that I have made them and if someone reading the thread has read them and found them interesting it doesn't matter if they say so or not.

over a year ago

"I'll contribute whatever I think appropriate to a thread - sometimes I misconstrue that and will type a long rambling response when a few words or a tongue in cheek comment would have done, however I always stand by what I posted and how I meant it in the first place.

I'm not overly bothered by a lack of response to my points though, figuring that the important thing is that I have made them and if someone reading the thread has read them and found them interesting it doesn't matter if they say so or not."

I like your posts too. I think 'rambling' sounds like boring, but you're never boring.

over a year ago

Anything over 8

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 25/01/19 08:40:16]

over a year ago

Jeez I wish I’d read it all first

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman
over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

If i find myself writing down long replies to topics or entering conversation with another human on here i close the tab down for this site.

over a year ago

"I see it all time, there will be a genuinely funny/ interesting answer that gets ignored, but a forumite can put something ridiculous/ not funny or doesn’t relate to the topic, but still hilarity ensues. "
True it’s called sour grapes x

over a year ago

"I was having sex with my Ex a long long time ago ,doggy-style, and pulled out. There was a plastic ring around my cock. She said it was her birth control thingy. I felt like I had won a carnival game and won a cock ring

Sorry have I missed the point here "

Yes.

over a year ago

"I'll contribute whatever I think appropriate to a thread - sometimes I misconstrue that and will type a long rambling response when a few words or a tongue in cheek comment would have done, however I always stand by what I posted and how I meant it in the first place.

I'm not overly bothered by a lack of response to my points though, figuring that the important thing is that I have made them and if someone reading the thread has read them and found them interesting it doesn't matter if they say so or not."

You are often a voice of reason on a thread and articulate things better than I can even if I wish to express a similar sentiment.

over a year ago

"Jeez I wish I’d read it all first "

over a year ago

"We are mostly ignored but sometimes get a response. It doesn't really matter as we are just contributing and a response isn't necessary.

I read everyone's posts on threads. I like your posts. "

I like yours. I enjoy your style of posting and it usually creates very interesting threads.

over a year ago

"Threads are like profiles most people don’t read them I do though I genuinely find them fascinating

Nail on head.

I recently I started a few tongue in cheek threads, taking the mick out of some of the other threads. The vast majority of contributors took them literally because they couldn’t be bothered to read any of the replies.

I’ve been guilty of that too in my keenness to get my point across, I’ve been ignored more times than I’ve been replied to and I’ve also not responded to everyone on my own threads.

Nature of the beast I suppose."

I found those threads funny. Sometimes brick walls falling on heads isn’t enough

over a year ago

I don't post often and very rarely post something long simply because I know my English is not 100% correct and I would wonder all day if there are any mistakes in my post(usually quite a few )

K

over a year ago

"

A bit like the guys who write the greetings in birthday cards? You know people appreciate the words, you just never get any credit for it.

over a year ago

It’s funny there is a prime example of this on another thread I have asked a genuine question, which has so far been ignored, because people are too busy posting about their hot list numbers. Call me cynical but how egotistical is it to start a thread on how many times your pics have been fabbed who gives a flying fuck

over a year ago

"It’s funny there is a prime example of this on another thread I have asked a genuine question, which has so far been ignored, because people are too busy posting about their hot list numbers. Call me cynical but how egotistical is it to start a thread on how many times your pics have been fabbed who gives a flying fuck "

Was it me? Did I answer 42? If I’ve not yet posted, my answer is 42 times.

over a year ago

"It’s funny there is a prime example of this on another thread I have asked a genuine question, which has so far been ignored, because people are too busy posting about their hot list numbers. Call me cynical but how egotistical is it to start a thread on how many times your pics have been fabbed who gives a flying fuck

"

Pmsl

over a year ago

"It’s funny there is a prime example of this on another thread I have asked a genuine question, which has so far been ignored, because people are too busy posting about their hot list numbers. Call me cynical but how egotistical is it to start a thread on how many times your pics have been fabbed who gives a flying fuck "

over a year ago

"It’s funny there is a prime example of this on another thread I have asked a genuine question, which has so far been ignored, because people are too busy posting about their hot list numbers. Call me cynical but how egotistical is it to start a thread on how many times your pics have been fabbed who gives a flying fuck

Pmsl "

What was your question. Post it here. I’m all ears.

over a year ago

Pmsl

What was your question. Post it here. I’m all ears. "

Bless you I just asked what is the point of the hotlist how does it differ from friends ?

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"

I'm not overly bothered by a lack of response to my points though, figuring that the important thing is that I have made them and if someone reading the thread has read them and found them interesting it doesn't matter if they say so or not.

A bit like the guys who write the greetings in birthday cards? You know people appreciate the words, you just never get any credit for it. "

That's a fairly good way of looking at it I guess - not that I ever look for any kind of credit - I just mostly make like Roy Walker and say what I see

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I'm aware that I can use 20 words where one would suffice.

I join threads less often than I used to. I give detailed answers less frequently too. I don't have too much of a problem wirh lengthy responses until they get quoted ad nauseam and it takes an hour to scroll down a thread.

over a year ago

I don't understand the whole "my post is ignored" thing. Just because no one comments on it doesn't mean it hasn't been read?

I do try to keep my replies succinct but occasionally I've been known to waffle.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I don't understand the whole "my post is ignored" thing. Just because no one comments on it doesn't mean it hasn't been read?

I do try to keep my replies succinct but occasionally I've been known to waffle. "

I think its more that someone will say something, nobody replies, ten posts down somebody else says the same thing, loads reply and quote.

over a year ago

"I don't post often and very rarely post something long simply because I know my English is not 100% correct and I would wonder all day if there are any mistakes in my post(usually quite a few )

K"

Virtually every post I write has some sort of mistook in it. I wouldn’t give it a second thought and keep posting x

over a year ago

"I don't understand the whole "my post is ignored" thing. Just because no one comments on it doesn't mean it hasn't been read?

"

That’s right. My thought was more -why put in a lot of time and effort if you don’t get interaction. Not bothered about being ‘ignored’. Just what’s the point in posting if you don’t know if anyone has read it. (Those that get quoted, have confirmation).

Sometimes I think a long post would be more appropriate for a journal rather than a forum. You know?

over a year ago

"I'm aware that I can use 20 words where one would suffice.

"

Yes. This ^.

over a year ago

I join threads less often than I used to. I give detailed answers less frequently too. I don't have too much of a problem wirh lengthy responses until they get quoted ad nauseam and it takes an hour to scroll down a thread. "

The software doesn’t help though. Editing quotes on the phone, as I said above, is tortuous.

over a year ago

That’s right. My thought was more -why put in a lot of time and effort if you don’t get interaction. Not bothered about being ‘ignored’. Just what’s the point in posting if you don’t know if anyone has read it. (Those that get quoted, have confirmation).

Sometimes I think a long post would be more appropriate for a journal rather than a forum. You know?

But for some of us this is the only place we post our thoughts and many of them are triggered by the forum anyway.

"

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

I join threads less often than I used to. I give detailed answers less frequently too. I don't have too much of a problem wirh lengthy responses until they get quoted ad nauseam and it takes an hour to scroll down a thread.

The software doesn’t help though. Editing quotes on the phone, as I said above, is tortuous."

Oh I'm a guilty as the rest of the mega quote

over a year ago

Fecking quotes

over a year ago

"If i find myself writing down long replies to topics or entering conversation with another human on here i close the tab down for this site."

Your advice and perceptions on life are brilliant.

over a year ago

"Fecking quotes"

I read it.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I do read threads right the way through, but often I find that many others don't.

I'll happily type to get my full point across, whether it gets read or of value to others is a different matter

over a year ago

"I do read threads right the way through, but often I find that many others don't.

I'll happily type to get my full point across, whether it gets read or of value to others is a different matter"

I like your posts. You make me think.

over a year ago

over a year ago

"175"

See, sometimes you just need a number.

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

Walking down the only road I've ever known!

"175

See, sometimes you just need a number. "

over a year ago

"175

See, sometimes you just need a number.

42 "

I’m actually quite disappointed I’ve not yet been able to get a thread I started to lendvamd emd on 42. I’d be a man.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I do draft and delete. Sometimes it’s just not worth it. I don’t care if people read what I put or not. The problem is the ‘feisty’ ones that like to champion the cause who leap on you, claws out. That’s a bit dramatic isn’t it? but you get the point. The folk that are spoiling for a fight or the ones that throw an insult and go. I have no interest in doing battle with anyone.

I get overlooked a lot but do I actually care? No I don’t, it has no bearing on my life thank goodness

There is something that I don’t like on threads though. When someone is chatting to you privately and they want to meet you but then completely ignore you on threads. It’s a bit silly because you have to wonder why a person would do that. I’m not talking about flirting there, I simply talking about responding to you

There you go Bee a nice long, well thought out reply but will it be read?

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

"I do draft and delete. Sometimes it’s just not worth it. I don’t care if people read what I put or not. The problem is the ‘feisty’ ones that like to champion the cause who leap on you, claws out. That’s a bit dramatic isn’t it? but you get the point. The folk that are spoiling for a fight or the ones that throw an insult and go. I have no interest in doing battle with anyone.

I get overlooked a lot but do I actually care? No I don’t, it has no bearing on my life thank goodness

There is something that I don’t like on threads though. When someone is chatting to you privately and they want to meet you but then completely ignore you on threads. It’s a bit silly because you have to wonder why a person would do that. I’m not talking about flirting there, I simply talking about responding to you

There you go Bee a nice long, well thought out reply but will it be read? "

I stopped reading halfway down

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"I do draft and delete. Sometimes it’s just not worth it. I don’t care if people read what I put or not. The problem is the ‘feisty’ ones that like to champion the cause who leap on you, claws out. That’s a bit dramatic isn’t it? but you get the point. The folk that are spoiling for a fight or the ones that throw an insult and go. I have no interest in doing battle with anyone.

I stopped reading halfway down "

That’s it. I’m never sitting down and drafting a well thought out, meaningful reply ever again. It’s very disappointing that people these days can’t take the time to read a well crafted note.

I won’t take it to heart, you are male after all and as we know males don’t read (that is a joke for anyone that is feeling feisty. Lots of men message me having read my profile. It is a bit of humour, no more no less)

I like to be able to keep this up all day but I really can’t. It’s making my fingers ache and I may need them later

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

Sorry Bee

By *rivateparts!Man
over a year ago

That’s it. I’m never sitting down and drafting a well thought out, meaningful reply ever again. It’s very disappointing that people these days can’t take the time to read a well crafted note.

I won’t take it to heart, you are male after all and as we know males don’t read (that is a joke for anyone that is feeling feisty. Lots of men message me having read my profile. It is a bit of humour, no more no less)

I like to be able to keep this up all day but I really can’t. It’s making my fingers ache and I may need them later "

Well you distract me with your gorgeous cleavage x

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I like to be able to keep this up all day but I really can’t. It’s making my fingers ache and I may need them later

Well you distract me with your gorgeous cleavage x "

Is that flirting? This isn’t a flirting thread you know. Thank you

over a year ago

When a topic inspires me to contribute I do. Sometimes bringing another angle to it sometimes not.Always done with a kind heart,even when trying to correct someone I posted a few threads awhile back they were enjoyable interaction.

over a year ago

As for long replies,I notice they mostly arise when a question is being answered.For that reason fine by me. I just wouldn't ever want to need an answer as long as some of the ones I've seen.Thats like being schooled!

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

TLDR.

Sorry OP I prefer brevity.

Truthful answer is often I compose a thread comment and just delete it rather than post it. I never really expect any one to notice or read what I post anyway, so don't expect responses, in that regard I am rarely disappointed.

The forums can often be just an echo chamber, with the same responses to the same questions by the same contributors ad nauseam....I like that sort of originality, but lack the application or will to play the game much of the time...

Oh and brevity....phht! I can and do often wrote complete bollucks knowing that no one reads it any way

over a year ago

I'm lazy.

Write few words.

over a year ago

"Sorry Bee "

I read it all. just could be bothered with more than this reply.

over a year ago

"I'm lazy.

Write few words."

even lazier

By *lik and PaulCouple
over a year ago

Flagrante

"We are mostly ignored but sometimes get a response. It doesn't really matter as we are just contributing and a response isn't necessary.

I read everyone's posts on threads. I like your posts. "

...thank you...when posting in a thread we will also read all of the posts as sometimes by the end nothing much is making sense and try to avoid angry threads.

By *omewhatSlightlyDazedMan
over a year ago

Warwick Birmingham & YamYamLand

Sometimes you can put a lot of effort into a message only to see the person post later that they are clearing their mailbox or it remains unread for a week so once again it will be deleted before it's read.

Despite this I do get a fair ammount of responces, so a lot of effort is made for a handful to be read... not yet sure if it's worth the effort? I've found it much easier to get results in other places.

As for engaging in forums, there's then the risk of the keyboard warriors who like to throw insults and belittle people to make themselves look alpha when more often than not there probably a snail dick who lives in the gym and takes too many steds, then there's the PC people, the grammar Nazis, the know it all and the kind of people who live on fakebook and have an opinion on everything.

I used to enjoy the forums but not so much now... as for effort, I'm not putting so much in anymore. Results are minimal atm and I'm doing much better away from here

over a year ago

I forgot to answer the post tho lol, I do read almost all of the posts when a thread interests me but not always before I reply to it

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"Sorry Bee

I read it all. just could be bothered with more than this reply. "

You’re so lazy! At least I came back to check though

over a year ago

"Sorry Bee

You’re so lazy! At least I came back to check though "

Are you making out I wouldn’t?

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"Sorry Bee

Are you making out I wouldn’t? "

Read it all? No not at all. I think people sometimes read but then ignore your comments anyway.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

How do you know they are ignored? Just because someone doesnt reply doesnt mean it hasnt been read and taken in by some. Sometimes if im tired i dont always reply if i have a long answer. The other day i typed a simple answer to a thread and got 4 bloody private pms wish id not posted as didnt want to talk about the subject. But noone replied to me direct on the thread

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"How do you know they are ignored? Just because someone doesnt reply doesnt mean it hasnt been read and taken in by some. Sometimes if im tired i dont always reply if i have a long answer. The other day i typed a simple answer to a thread and got 4 bloody private pms wish id not posted as didnt want to talk about the subject. But noone replied to me direct on the thread"

I don’t mind whether people reply to my comments or not. As I said above, it has no impact on me. I think you know when you’re ignored when the OP responds to everyone else on the thread except you or when you ask something and they don’t respond but do respond to others.

My reply on here was simply an attempt at humour in the way I responded to Bee. I really don’t mind one way or the other if folk respond or acknowledge

By *an_LexaCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

Some threads lend themselves to discussion and long posts. If it’s a thread that interests me in some way I’ll engage and that often leads to lengthy posts. Whether anyone chooses to read or respond is immaterial, it’s often about expressing myself and my own thoughts on the subject matter.

Lex

over a year ago

over a year ago

"How do you know they are ignored? Just because someone doesnt reply doesnt mean it hasnt been read and taken in by some. Sometimes if im tired i dont always reply if i have a long answer. The other day i typed a simple answer to a thread and got 4 bloody private pms wish id not posted as didnt want to talk about the subject. But noone replied to me direct on the thread"

Do you knew they read yours

over a year ago

"Sorry Bee

Read it all? No not at all. I think people sometimes read but then ignore your comments anyway. "

Haha harsh, but probably true.

over a year ago

"Sorry Bee

Read it all? No not at all. I think people sometimes read but then ignore your comments anyway. .

Haha harsh, but probably true. "

Like mine... probably ignored

How many fucks given?

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/01/19 06:53:05]

over a year ago

"[Removed by poster at 27/01/19 06:53:05]"

No that is not what just happened

By *amesB66Man
over a year ago

St Peter Port

There you go Bee a nice long, well thought out reply but will it be read? "

Nah..way too long, Babs!

Now about my photos....

Post new Message to Thread