Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Advice Needed (Massage)

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

I am in much need of a back massage. I have lots of knots in my lower back and my shoulder blades are so stiff and achy. Is there a massage I can get to alleviate these? I would it tp be just a 1 visit massage.

Thank you in advance.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

over a year ago

"I am in much need of a back massage. I have lots of knots in my lower back and my shoulder blades are so stiff and achy. Is there a massage I can get to alleviate these? I would it tp be just a 1 visit massage.

Thank you in advance. "

I would like it to be a 1 visit massage...

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Swedish massage will help but i'd recommend having 2-3 spaced over a couple of weeks for the full effect.

Typically after just 1 massage there is a rush of toxins released from the muscular adhesions (knots) which might make you feel a bit fluey or run down for a day. But thereafter, the massages will have a better affect on your sote bits and keep the adhesions from reforming.

I'd also recommend doing some gentle yoga stretches (look on youtube for stretches relating to your areas of pain)

Drinking water will help flush the toxins faster too.

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

Shot in the dark this mate. All the "masseuses" on here are men.

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Rub your cock vigorously

over a year ago

"Swedish massage will help but i'd recommend having 2-3 spaced over a couple of weeks for the full effect.

Typically after just 1 massage there is a rush of toxins released from the muscular adhesions (knots) which might make you feel a bit fluey or run down for a day. But thereafter, the massages will have a better affect on your sote bits and keep the adhesions from reforming.

I'd also recommend doing some gentle yoga stretches (look on youtube for stretches relating to your areas of pain)

Drinking water will help flush the toxins faster too. "

Brilliant thanks! The reason I'd like a 1 visit massage is cost. I'm backpacking for life end of March so need to save as much as possible. If I need 3 massages then needs be. I'd rather travel feeling good than feeling like this! I drink loads of water but I don't yoga. I stretch before a workout but basic stuff. I will have a look at youtube. Again thank you!

over a year ago

"Shot in the dark this mate. All the "masseuses" on here are men."

That don't matter too me unless he does an IT crowd! Kisses me on me bottom!

over a year ago

"Rub your cock vigorously"

What? You think I've not tried that?

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

"Shot in the dark this mate. All the "masseuses" on here are men.

That don't matter too me unless he does an IT crowd! Kisses me on me bottom! "

You going Fab straight then?

over a year ago

Before your massage your therapist SHOULD do a full consultation to assertain the source of your pain and Taylor the massage to your needs. Sometimes pain is caused from tension elsewhere too, so lower back pain may require work on the thighs or the upper back too. Bare that in mind if you're wondering why the worst bit has been skipped over. A good massage therapist knows the origin & insertion points of the major muscle groups and will use that knowledge to Taylor your massage.

Look on the CNHC website for a certified therapist near you.

Good luck!

Ohhh acupuncture worked a treat for my back pain too so that's always worth considering along side a massage & stretches ??

over a year ago

That don't matter too me unless he does an IT crowd! Kisses me on me bottom! You going Fab straight then? "

God No! I said unless... I wouldn't mind a massage from a gay guy ad long as his hands stay external...

over a year ago

"Before your massage your therapist SHOULD do a full consultation to assertain the source of your pain and Taylor the massage to your needs. Sometimes pain is caused from tension elsewhere too, so lower back pain may require work on the thighs or the upper back too. Bare that in mind if you're wondering why the worst bit has been skipped over. A good massage therapist knows the origin & insertion points of the major muscle groups and will use that knowledge to Taylor your massage.

Look on the CNHC website for a certified therapist near you.

Good luck!

Ohhh acupuncture worked a treat for my back pain too so that's always worth considering along side a massage & stretches ??"

Yeah will do that. I've never been to have a massage as you can guess. Just don't think of it as an expense for me. I'd quite happily pay for someone else to have one without thinking. Just not good at treating myself...

Acupuncture sounds good. Can't you do that yourself? Sure there's videos on youtube??

Thanks

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

That don't matter too me unless he does an IT crowd! Kisses me on me bottom! You going Fab straight then?

God No! I said unless... I wouldn't mind a massage from a gay guy ad long as his hands stay external... "

See, I couldn't if I knew he was bi/gay. It Would be too awkward.

over a year ago

That don't matter too me unless he does an IT crowd! Kisses me on me bottom! You going Fab straight then?

God No! I said unless... I wouldn't mind a massage from a gay guy ad long as his hands stay external... See, I couldn't if I knew he was bi/gay. It Would be too awkward."

Why? As long he knows you're straight. Don't think all gay/bi people just want to fuck constantly? Besides, it'd be either be that or cash... he ain't having both!

over a year ago

God No! I said unless... I wouldn't mind a massage from a gay guy ad long as his hands stay external... See, I couldn't if I knew he was bi/gay. It Would be too awkward."

Why? As long he knows you're straight. Don't think all gay/bi people just want to fuck constantly? Besides, it'd be either be that or cash... he ain't having both! (Wrong emoji!!)

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

"Rub your cock vigorously

What? You think I've not tried that? "

Try harder

over a year ago

I mean I'm a physio who's also a massage therapist... but I don't take clients from fab as they tend to think they can have a happy ending when it's all business

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

A masseur/therapist would be able to make assessment of your condition, alongside how they work. They could potentially explain the benefits you'd gain from a single session, compared with what their recommended solution would be - it's tough online here.

If you had some chronic underlying complication, then it's likely that you're going to gain relief from one session - but successive treatments would probably provide greater relief. If you're undertaking anything after the session that would aggravate your back - such as intensive weight training - then you'd still gain benefits from more massage.

Perhaps consider a sports massage, which would be focused on the knots etc that can build up from many exercise/gym pursuits. It's easier to gain greater relief from a session that's devoted to one area, rather than over the whole body, so keep them focused just on your upper body.

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

God No! I said unless... I wouldn't mind a massage from a gay guy ad long as his hands stay external... See, I couldn't if I knew he was bi/gay. It Would be too awkward.

Why? As long he knows you're straight. Don't think all gay/bi people just want to fuck constantly? Besides, it'd be either be that or cash... he ain't having both! (Wrong emoji!!) "

It's just like women expecting a platonic massage off a man on here. Don't mix the two. I think you should stop being a cheap skate and pay for a professional.

over a year ago

"I mean I'm a physio who's also a massage therapist... but I don't take clients from fab as they tend to think they can have a happy ending when it's all business "

Why would people think that? Has that happened?

over a year ago

"I mean I'm a physio who's also a massage therapist... but I don't take clients from fab as they tend to think they can have a happy ending when it's all business

Why would people think that? Has that happened? "

I've had requests from other threads where I've mentioned my work.. and one seemed legit and when I clarified it was a sports massage in a clinical environment they got funny and said they were paying for the happy ending so funnily enough that's when I stopped taking clients from fab..

over a year ago

"A masseur/therapist would be able to make assessment of your condition, alongside how they work. They could potentially explain the benefits you'd gain from a single session, compared with what their recommended solution would be - it's tough online here.

If you had some chronic underlying complication, then it's likely that you're going to gain relief from one session - but successive treatments would probably provide greater relief. If you're undertaking anything after the session that would aggravate your back - such as intensive weight training - then you'd still gain benefits from more massage.

Perhaps consider a sports massage, which would be focused on the knots etc that can build up from many exercise/gym pursuits. It's easier to gain greater relief from a session that's devoted to one area, rather than over the whole body, so keep them focused just on your upper body. "

Sounds about right actually. I had bad cartilage in my right need for about 20 years and it kept locking up and I compensated weight to my left leg. I've been told that can give you back pain. I've had the cartilage removed and my knee is fine now.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

Why - what would be in your head to reach that conclusion? You're similarly a man - do you fancy everyone of your desired gender and insist on having a sexual connection with them? Most people who do their jobs see it as just their way to earn a living, rather than some clandestine tool to try to get sexual advances rejected by incompatible people. When you're constantly massaging bodies, it lessens the attractive effect that people who don't have the job imagines that it has.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

"A masseur/therapist would be able to make assessment of your condition, alongside how they work. They could potentially explain the benefits you'd gain from a single session, compared with what their recommended solution would be - it's tough online here.

Perhaps consider a sports massage, which would be focused on the knots etc that can build up from many exercise/gym pursuits. It's easier to gain greater relief from a session that's devoted to one area, rather than over the whole body, so keep them focused just on your upper body.

Sounds about right actually. I had bad cartilage in my right need for about 20 years and it kept locking up and I compensated weight to my left leg. I've been told that can give you back pain. I've had the cartilage removed and my knee is fine now. "

Sports masseurs will still like to take an assessment, so even if you'd only like them to focus on your back, as that's where you'd like relief, they can at least advise if they think there are contributory problems etc. It can be very involved, so potentially take a day's break from training afterwards (if you do), allowing your body to gain greater recovery.

By *r.BlondeMan
over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

God No! I said unless... I wouldn't mind a massage from a gay guy ad long as his hands stay external... See, I couldn't if I knew he was bi/gay. It Would be too awkward.

Why - what would be in your head to reach that conclusion? You're similarly a man - do you fancy everyone of your desired gender and insist on having a sexual connection with them? Most people who do their jobs see it as just their way to earn a living, rather than some clandestine tool to try to get sexual advances rejected by incompatible people. When you're constantly massaging bodies, it lessens the attractive effect that people who don't have the job imagines that it has. "

No, it's just personal preference. I don't like the idea of any man touching me.

over a year ago

A chiropractor too is good, they make all sorts of things crunch and then rub and grind it all better afterwards

over a year ago

Sounds about right actually. I had bad cartilage in my right need for about 20 years and it kept locking up and I compensated weight to my left leg. I've been told that can give you back pain. I've had the cartilage removed and my knee is fine now.

Sports masseurs will still like to take an assessment, so even if you'd only like them to focus on your back, as that's where you'd like relief, they can at least advise if they think there are contributory problems etc. It can be very involved, so potentially take a day's break from training afterwards (if you do), allowing your body to gain greater recovery."

Yeah I have 2 days off training a week but my job is a workout in itself. Lot's of lifting and carrying up stairs. Up to 50kg at a time 6 to 11 drops a day. About 2 to 3 ton a day on my own. I normally love it but past few weeks been struggling.

over a year ago

"A chiropractor too is good, they make all sorts of things crunch and then rub and grind it all better afterwards "

I've been to a chiropractor and that helped another issue. This is muscle pain. It was amazing when I went to a chiropractor. I had to be dropped off and I was bent over walking in. Hour and lots of crunching later... I laughed when I heard all the noises. I couldn't believe it was coming from me! Anyway, I left almost running down the street will a massive smile on my face for 3 days!

over a year ago

"A chiropractor too is good, they make all sorts of things crunch and then rub and grind it all better afterwards "

Fully agree with this currently seeing one twice a week and the improvement already is amazing. The practice I go to offers a free telephone consultation so may be worth seeing if any in your area offer this plus they also offer massages there too.

over a year ago

"A chiropractor too is good, they make all sorts of things crunch and then rub and grind it all better afterwards

Fully agree with this currently seeing one twice a week and the improvement already is amazing. The practice I go to offers a free telephone consultation so may be worth seeing if any in your area offer this plus they also offer massages there too. "

I can see why you have a bad back carrying them around allday! Sorry to be crued but it's true. Gives me a thread idea actually...

I'm cheeky enough to walk in and have a chat to a consultant for free. I will phone around different places.

over a year ago

Sounds about right actually. I had bad cartilage in my right need for about 20 years and it kept locking up and I compensated weight to my left leg. I've been told that can give you back pain. I've had the cartilage removed and my knee is fine now. "

Yes, it's likely this is a contributing factor as you'Lloyd have put your hips off balance and thus pulled the muscles into lopsided angles, essentially pulling and contorting them slightly each time. But now the knee pain has gone and you realise that you've been compensating, you'll be able to correct your posture and movements better, again causing further pain as the muscles readjust.

That's something that would be identified in a consultation.

Acupuncture should only be done by a trained professional though, dont much about with needles lol Ask at your local Dr surgery, that's where I got mine. 3 sessions for free!

Yoga stretches are a great place to start in the meantime. You can do them anytime, almost anywhere. Be gentle though and don't push past your comfort zone initially. Once your pain and tightness wears off you'll be surprised at how much more flexibility you'll have.

over a year ago

Yes, it's likely this is a contributing factor as you'Lloyd have put your hips off balance and thus pulled the muscles into lopsided angles, essentially pulling and contorting them slightly each time. But now the knee pain has gone and you realise that you've been compensating, you'll be able to correct your posture and movements better, again causing further pain as the muscles readjust.

Acupuncture should only be done by a trained professional though, dont much about with needles lol Ask at your local Dr surgery, that's where I got mine. 3 sessions for free!

Yoga stretches are a great place to start in the meantime. You can do them anytime, almost anywhere. Be gentle though and don't push past your comfort zone initially. Once your pain and tightness wears off you'll be surprised at how much more flexibility you'll have.

"

Excellent. See can't get advice like this from google!

I don't stretch enough I know that! I will try yoga, I'll search beginner classes to be safe. Shall I get my back sorted first or will yoga help?

over a year ago

I don't stretch enough I know that! I will try yoga, I'll search beginner classes to be safe. Shall I get my back sorted first or will yoga help? "

Yoga will help so if you find the right tutorial online you can start this minute with one or two stretches, combining it with massage, acupuncture and a chiropractor should all but cure you (as long as you adapt your posture & lifestyle to maintain it)

Yoga classes are great, but again, I found it helpful to start in the house with trusty youtube so I could have a practice and would know what to expect

over a year ago

I don't stretch enough I know that! I will try yoga, I'll search beginner classes to be safe. Shall I get my back sorted first or will yoga help?

Yoga will help so if you find the right tutorial online you can start this minute with one or two stretches, combining it with massage, acupuncture and a chiropractor should all but cure you (as long as you adapt your posture & lifestyle to maintain it)

Yoga classes are great, but again, I found it helpful to start in the house with trusty youtube so I could have a practice and would know what to expect"

I will do... go shopping tomorrow for a yoga mat. Gotta do it right... right?

I do try and walk with my shoulders back as much as possible but it hurts. Maybe the stretching will help.

Post new Message to Thread