Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Ebay Scam

Jump to newest

By *a Luna OP   Woman
over a year ago

South

Help!

I’ve just recent had a flurry of Ebay notifications saying that an Apple earpods (whatever they are) i’ve listed has sold for $45.99.

I’ve never listed it.

I then had ebay messages sent after the sale notification asking if genuine.

I’ve had a Ebay Supplementsry Agreement sent through and the Ebay kerching sound money paid notification.

All within a few minutes.

I’ve had numerous messages from someone about the item who bought it and i’m scared to open them!!

Is there a scam going around? How do i report it?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

Maybe actually login to eBay as opposed to reacting to the notifications.

That way you can see what, if anything, is going on without clicking any links.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"Maybe actually login to eBay as opposed to reacting to the notifications.

That way you can see what, if anything, is going on without clicking any links."

Good advice.

By *a Luna OP   Woman
over a year ago

South

I didn’t react to the notifications. I had the emails and thought wtf and then went to my Ebay app and it’s showing on there.

By *iamondCougarWoman
over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

There are loads of scams at present... I regularly get Apple ones, TV licensing etc

Hope you get it sorted!

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

Another thing you could do - check your PayPal, or wherever you have your eBay account linked to for payments, to see if any money has actually been paid in following the kerching sound.

As the user above said, log into eBay to see if you have the notifications there and can also report the issue by following their Help thing - might take a bit of delving though as it's not the most helpful of Helps!!

By *nsatiablepartnerseekerMan
over a year ago

nottingham

Report to ebay you can do it now still...if it's showing on eBay or pay pal it's probably that they have taken over your account. I woukd suspect they are just trying to get your details log one etc.

Just phone ebay or pay pal

over a year ago

"I didn’t react to the notifications. I had the emails and thought wtf and then went to my Ebay app and it’s showing on there.

"

Personally I’d just ignore it all for a week and see if anything comes of it.

But that’s me.

Don’t stress too much if you know nothing about it, it’ll probably sort itself out.

By *harpDressed ManMan
over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"I didn’t react to the notifications. I had the emails and thought wtf and then went to my Ebay app and it’s showing on there.

"

Consider changing your eBay password. If there's a listing on your account that you didn't instigate...

over a year ago

That reminds I must get back to HMRC about my tax refund , tv license and that awfully nice rich man from South Africa

Awful OP and the above advice is good

- someone has managed a new one on me as a scam and the subject matter was a password of mine ! Informed that they have recorded evidence of my nocturnal browsing which they will send to everyone in my address book unless I send them 800 quid in bitcoin

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

If you don't respond they often just go away. It seems to happen often with eBay.

And personally I would never use PayPal for anything....

By *a Luna OP   Woman
over a year ago

South

"Another thing you could do - check your PayPal, or wherever you have your eBay account linked to for payments, to see if any money has actually been paid in following the kerching sound.

As the user above said, log into eBay to see if you have the notifications there and can also report the issue by following their Help thing - might take a bit of delving though as it's not the most helpful of Helps!!"

Thanks all.

The emails were sent to my normal email account so i left that and went into my ebay app which showed the sold notifications and the items.

Three people have appeared to have bought the earphones but when i left there and seperately checked my paypal, no money has been received.

I have changed my Paypal account password as a matter of caution.

I’m going to contact Ebay from outside of the app and see if they can sort something.

Thanks everyone

Post new Message to Thread