Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fab Singles

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Why aren't the "Fab Singles" honest about it...?

I've had half a dozen men contact me this year from their single man profile, and after asking a few carefully practiced questions, discovered they are attached and playing without knowledge.

I'm not always against it ... People can do what they like with their relationships, but I prefer a bit of honesty so that I can make my own decision based upon truth and not lies...

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I prefer to make my own mind up too.

I guess that when they’ve been upfront about it in the past, they’ve been judged from the get go, so find it easier to lie/not mention it

over a year ago

I can’t understand why people can’t be honest, yeah I understand that guys who are cheating are likely to want to keep it quiet but after reading women’s profiles I just don’t understand why they aren’t open and honest

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

Have to agree... there are sites for people who are specifically looking for affairs ...

At least people on there know the score

Playing without knowledge is not swinging

over a year ago

"I prefer to make my own mind up too.

I guess that when they’ve been upfront about it in the past, they’ve been judged from the get go, so find it easier to lie/not mention it "

Will be different for each individual but a lot of it will come down to this. As you say being judged will be a huge factor.

over a year ago

I guess that when they’ve been upfront about it in the past, they’ve been judged from the get go, so find it easier to lie/not mention it "

But surely it would eventually come out even if I didn't ask early questions because if you reach "meet" stage it must come out then...?

over a year ago

"I can’t understand why people can’t be honest, yeah I understand that guys who are cheating are likely to want to keep it quiet but after reading women’s profiles I just don’t understand why they aren’t open and honest "

People, I'm sure, cheat for their own reasons, rightly or wrongly, but when wanting to meet someone through this site, why lie about it??

over a year ago

"Have to agree... there are sites for people who are specifically looking for affairs ...

Playing without knowledge is not swinging"

Indeed you are right.

I can kinda understand the behaviour on a dating site, but not here.

Maybe my thinking isn't totally correct, but it's definitely my perception

over a year ago

I guess that when they’ve been upfront about it in the past, they’ve been judged from the get go, so find it easier to lie/not mention it

But surely it would eventually come out even if I didn't ask early questions because if you reach "meet" stage it must come out then...?"

You’d think, however someone I knew personally and had known for years before fab managed to sleep with me a few times before saying ‘I need to put my phone on loud, my girlfriend could go into labour at any time now’ what girlfriend?! And because he deleted fab quickly but we spoke on Facebook, I looked at his page often and did checks and stuff and nope, he managed to hide it

over a year ago

I should add that I'm not in favour of it. Just that I do understand why people are dishonest about coming forward about it, it hurts their chances and others make them feel bad for it. So they try to avoid that.

Also I expect admitting it also makes it real for them, if they don't admit it, in their eyes they are doing nothing wrong.

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

"Why aren't the "Fab Singles" honest about it...?

I've had half a dozen men contact me this year from their single man profile, and after asking a few carefully practiced questions, discovered they are attached and playing without knowledge.

"

Theres still plenty of other single men that are unattached.

Its slightly unfair to paint many with the same brush.

over a year ago

But surely it would eventually come out even if I didn't ask early questions because if you reach "meet" stage it must come out then...?

You’d think, however someone I knew personally and had known for years before fab managed to sleep with me a few times before saying ‘I need to put my phone on loud, my girlfriend could go into labour at any time now’ what girlfriend?! And because he deleted fab quickly but we spoke on Facebook, I looked at his page often and did checks and stuff and nope, he managed to hide it"

You probably don't delve as deep as I do

Even in the days before the internet I used to find them out quite quickly.

I think I have an inbuilt "bullshitometer" where the lying attacheds are concerned

over a year ago

"I can’t understand why people can’t be honest, yeah I understand that guys who are cheating are likely to want to keep it quiet but after reading women’s profiles I just don’t understand why they aren’t open and honest

People, I'm sure, cheat for their own reasons, rightly or wrongly, but when wanting to meet someone through this site, why lie about it?? "

Precisely, I’m not going to judge anyone for cheating it’s their life and I have no right to enforce my view on them but if they lie about it I’m going to lose any trust in them and I’d have doubts about everything they’d told me then

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 20/01/19 13:36:06]

over a year ago

Its slightly unfair to paint many with the same brush."

So which of the "single" men who are married/attached should I not paint with the same brush?

I'm not knocking the ones who are honest about it, it's their life/relationship, but it's the ones who blatanty lie that get to me...

over a year ago

I'm not always against it ... People can do what they like with their relationships, but I prefer a bit of honesty so that I can make my own decision based upon truth and not lies... "

Don't think it is just men the lie. I think it takes far too much energy to start lying, having to lead two lives.

over a year ago

I'm not always against it ... People can do what they like with their relationships, but I prefer a bit of honesty so that I can make my own decision based upon truth and not lies...

Don't think it is just men the lie. I think it takes far too much energy to start lying, having to lead two lives. "

You're most probably right there, but I don't meet women so can't comment on them

over a year ago

In all honesty if said singles can’t be honest with their own partners it may be a tad naive to expect them to be honest with complete strangers. How could you believe a word they say anyway given there already lying to thier supposed loved ones?

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

Don't think it is just men the lie. I think it takes far too much energy to start lying, having to lead two lives. "

The women don't need to lie, plenty of men will meet them attached or not. This isn't the case the other way round, hence why a lot of men do lie.

over a year ago

I've had half a dozen men contact me this year from their single man profile, and after asking a few carefully practiced questions, discovered they are attached and playing without knowledgeMen being honest with everyone gets man judged as a single as separated or married, men are on to swing though life without drama or without the need for asking questions, surely women and men have their own shoes to live in and being over 21 we have that choice,

Its slightly unfair to paint many with the same brush. "

over a year ago

Because so many people won't meet cheaters. They're already at a disadvantage by being a single guy on the site.

If they can be dishonest to their partner then lying to an internet stranger to get what they want is an easy next step.

over a year ago

Don't think it is just men the lie. I think it takes far too much energy to start lying, having to lead two lives.

You're most probably right there, but I don't meet women so can't comment on them "

I don't meet women either, not for want of trying though.

By *ingle ex cuckMan
over a year ago

chester

do you ever wonder why there is 5 men to every woman on this site ?

it's because 3 out of them 5 men are in a relationship and are just cheats .

usually in a sexless marriage using this site for a cheap thrill

giving the genuine singl ones a bad reputation and the cause of alot of females to bulk delete or block single males .

over a year ago

"Because so many people won't meet cheaters. They're already at a disadvantage by being a single guy on the site.

If they can be dishonest to their partner then lying to an internet stranger to get what they want is an easy next step. "

Doesn't work with me ... My carefully crafted questions get it out of them usually quite quickly

over a year ago

"do you ever wonder why there is 5 men to every woman on this site ?

giving the genuine singl ones a bad reputation and the cause of alot of females to bulk delete or block single males ."

over a year ago

You're most probably right there, but I don't meet women so can't comment on them

I don't meet women either, not for want of trying though. "

Awwww, keep going, never give up

over a year ago

giving the genuine singl ones a bad reputation and the cause of alot of females to bulk delete or block single males ."

I never bulk delete or block them, like I said, I just like to know the truth of who I'm dealing with

over a year ago

"Have to agree... there are sites for people who are specifically looking for affairs ...

Playing without knowledge is not swinging"

swinging back and fourth and from side to side while supporting yourself on a axis lol another type of swing

over a year ago

I'm not sure it it is true but people say if you will not accommodate, woman will take this as a sign of marriage. I don't accommodate and the reason is I'm a single parent, simple as. If somebody wants to assume anything of that, fare yee well.

over a year ago

Playing without knowledge is not swingingswinging back and fourth and from side to side while supporting yourself on a axis lol another type of swing "

Boom boom!

over a year ago

I don't meet women either, not for want of trying though.

Awwww, keep going, never give up "

Never do, always one foot forward (stepping over my testicles)

over a year ago

"I'm not sure it it is true but people say if you will not accommodate, woman will take this as a sign of marriage. I don't accommodate and the reason is I'm a single parent, simple as. If somebody wants to assume anything of that, fare yee well."

I'm over 50, so not gullible enough to be that narrow minded.

I simply ask questions (as I said before) and 99% of time the liars trip themselves up and I have the answer, having done courses in the past on questioning methods helps I believe

By *ingle ex cuckMan
over a year ago

chester

easy way to find out if a guy is single

can you accomadate for a coffee ?

yeah sure - single

errrr my cats not well

the builders are here

my lodger is shy

I'm decorating

delete and move on unless that's your thing .

over a year ago

"easy way to find out if a guy is single

yeah sure - single

errrr my cats not well

the builders are here

my lodger is shy

I'm decorating

delete and move on unless that's your thing ."

You can tell you are single, you're not practiced in the art of ultra lying

over a year ago

yeah sure - single

errrr my cats not well

the builders are here

my lodger is shy

I'm decorating

Or not as black and white. I'm not overly keen on having people I only know from the internet know my address.

There are plenty of valid reasons for single men and women to not want to accommodate, or unable to do so.

It may be an indication but it is most definitely not fact.

over a year ago

I just wonder how a person can consider themselves to be genuine, nice, respectful or decent in life when they clearly lie about anything?

I'm not interested in anyone that I can't trust or respect in any part of my life.

over a year ago

yeah sure - single

errrr my cats not well

the builders are here

my lodger is shy

I'm decorating

Or not as black and white. I'm not overly keen on having people I only know from the internet know my address.

There are plenty of valid reasons for single men and women to not want to accommodate, or unable to do so.

It may be an indication but it is most definitely not fact. "

Yup! Spot on!

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

They give the rest of us a bad reputation is an easy cop out and complete crock of shit.

If you're not successful it's on you! no one else! why do you think those cheating married men apparently giving you a bad name are still getting laid?

over a year ago

yeah sure - single

errrr my cats not well

the builders are here

my lodger is shy

I'm decorating

It may be an indication but it is most definitely not fact. "

I was gonna say the same, I wouldn’t like anyone to come to my home too if I’ve only spoken to them a few times,

I think help to avoid it speak to the person more and eventually he would probably give up if he was hiding something

over a year ago

giving the genuine singl ones a bad reputation and the cause of alot of females to bulk delete or block single males .

They give the rest of us a bad reputation is an easy cop out and complete crock of shit.

If you're not successful it's on you! no one else! why do you think those cheating married men apparently giving you a bad name are still getting laid? "

I agree with you but also I kind of see his point, though it may not be what he was getting at.

The dishonesty of attached men passing off as single then causes even more distrust and suspicion on guys who are actually single.

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

yeah sure - single

errrr my cats not well

the builders are here

my lodger is shy

I'm decorating

I was gonna say the same, I wouldn’t like anyone to come to my home too if I’ve only spoken to them a few times,

I think help to avoid it speak to the person more and eventually he would probably give up if he was hiding something "

So would you go to their home then?

By *ingle ex cuckMan
over a year ago

chester

They give the rest of us a bad reputation is an easy cop out and complete crock of shit. do you not think they are getting laid under false pretenses ?

If you're not successful it's on you! no one else! why do you think those cheating married men apparently giving you a bad name are still getting laid? "

do you not think they are getting laid under false pretenses ?

the question was aimed at honesty

I really do think you would lay brad Pitt wether he was single or not .

it's the dishonesty that gives single males a bad name .

over a year ago

yeah sure - single

errrr my cats not well

the builders are here

my lodger is shy

I'm decorating

I think help to avoid it speak to the person more and eventually he would probably give up if he was hiding something .

So would you go to their home then? "

I would probably suggest a hotel and I would pay for it

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

If you're not successful it's on you! no one else! why do you think those cheating married men apparently giving you a bad name are still getting laid?

I agree with you but also I kind of see his point, though it may not be what he was getting at.

The dishonesty of attached men passing off as single then causes even more distrust and suspicion on guys who are actually single. "

Only to the type of complete moron that doesn't take each person on their own individual merit

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

They give the rest of us a bad reputation is an easy cop out and complete crock of shit. do you not think they are getting laid under false pretenses ?

If you're not successful it's on you! no one else! why do you think those cheating married men apparently giving you a bad name are still getting laid? do you not think they are getting laid under false pretenses ?

it's the dishonesty that gives single males a bad name ."

Really more of a Jonny Depp kinda girl

Maybe that's you're real issue you assume we're all looking for brad Pitt so too busy getting in your own way

They way playing info the stereotype of single guy seems to

over a year ago

It’s not always black and white though. You can be married but not together. Some may say technically you’re separated but if the question is are you married then in its most simplest form the answer would be yes.

And let’s not kid ourselves that this is just men, there are plenty of women who are married and looking for nsa on here.

My personal opinion is male or female whatever is going on in your private life stays there, you’ve made the choice to be on here and it’s not for me to judge.

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

yeah sure - single

errrr my cats not well

the builders are here

my lodger is shy

I'm decorating

I think help to avoid it speak to the person more and eventually he would probably give up if he was hiding something .

I would probably suggest a hotel and I would pay for it"

Smart

Lets face it if they are pyscho. Meeting them in their known surroundings where they would have A clear advantage over you isn't the best move either

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

yeah sure - single

errrr my cats not well

the builders are here

my lodger is shy

I'm decorating

I would probably suggest a hotel and I would pay for it

Smart

Lets face it if they are pyscho. Meeting them in their known surroundings where they would have A clear advantage over you isn't the best move either "

I meant

over a year ago

The dishonesty of attached men passing off as single then causes even more distrust and suspicion on guys who are actually single.

Only to the type of complete moron that doesn't take each person on their own individual merit

"

But it happens. In fact it's human nature to be suspicious and judge a situation on past experience or misconceptions.

You only need to look everywhere for it.

Young people all dressed in black on a street corner.

Staffordshire bull terriers and pitbull breeds.

Man walking around in a trench coat.

Each of them not automatically are a problem, You see and experience these things in such a way that it is hard not to be distrustful and cautious of them as a whole and their intentions.

By *arlo82Couple
over a year ago

the gym and random places

I prefer to know... far too many times I've been told single, led to believe single then found out attached by that point the o/h has found out and I'm being called for everything because how dare i make him cheat

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

But it happens. In fact it's human nature to be suspicious and judge a situation on past experience or misconceptions.

Each of them not automatically are a problem, You see and experience these things in such a way that it is hard not to be distrustful and cautious of them as a whole and their intentions."

Well maybe as a staffy owner/lover I'm a rare breed among woman as I actually give people a chance

over a year ago

It's simple really ...some people do judge, so if you say your single your spreading the net wider, more potentials meets

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

"I prefer to know... far too many times I've been told single, led to believe single then found out attached by that point the o/h has found out and I'm being called for everything because how dare i make him cheat "

Don't worry it's easier for her to blame you than deal with the real issue of

over a year ago

If you're not successful it's on you! no one else! why do you think those cheating married men apparently giving you a bad name are still getting laid? do you not think they are getting laid under false pretenses ?

it's the dishonesty that gives single males a bad name ."

I wouldn't touch Brad Pitt with yours

over a year ago

Each of them not automatically are a problem, You see and experience these things in such a way that it is hard not to be distrustful and cautious of them as a whole and their intentions.

Well maybe as a staffy owner/lover I'm a rare breed among woman as I actually give people a chance "

I meant to also add in that I agree with you, but for the masses it is not the case. And I understand why they find it hard to not be suspicious of things.

over a year ago

"It’s not always black and white though. You can be married but not together. Some may say technically you’re separated but if the question is are you married then in its most simplest form the answer would be yes.

And let’s not kid ourselves that this is just men, there are plenty of women who are married and looking for nsa on here.

My personal opinion is male or female whatever is going on in your private life stays there, you’ve made the choice to be on here and it’s not for me to judge. "

I don't judge, but like to know what I'm dealing with

By *uck427Man
over a year ago

wales

It's hard work being single here I can't accommodate because I moved back to my parents house after some issues but lady's see that I've got someone to hide that I don't but it's not only the men who's at it lady's are at it to and they are the worst to judge you for it it's right nice guys come 2nd

By *ingle ex cuckMan
over a year ago

chester

it's the dishonesty that gives single males a bad name .

I wouldn't touch Brad Pitt with yours "

over a year ago

"I prefer to know... far too many times I've been told single, led to believe single then found out attached by that point the o/h has found out and I'm being called for everything because how dare i make him cheat "

The woman is wrong in this scenario too

over a year ago

"It's simple really ...some people do judge, so if you say your single your spreading the net wider, more potentials meets "

But do you really think you won't get rumbled at some point?

Well.

There are any awful lot of gullible people out there should maybe not

over a year ago

"It's hard work being single here I can't accommodate because I moved back to my parents house after some issues but lady's see that I've got someone to hide that I don't but it's not only the men who's at it lady's are at it to and they are the worst to judge you for it it's right nice guys come 2nd "

The women are as bad if they lie ...

By *urvymamaWoman
over a year ago

Doncaster

Well maybe as a staffy owner/lover I'm a rare breed among woman as I actually give people a chance

I meant to also add in that I agree with you, but for the masses it is not the case. And I understand why they find it hard to not be suspicious of things. "

But the again isn't any guys fault it's on that particular person choosing to let her experiences effect her in such a negative way. People are responsible for their own actions and choices.

over a year ago

You’d think, however someone I knew personally and had known for years before fab managed to sleep with me a few times before saying ‘I need to put my phone on loud, my girlfriend could go into labour at any time now’ what girlfriend?! And because he deleted fab quickly but we spoke on Facebook, I looked at his page often and did checks and stuff and nope, he managed to hide it"

What a complete prick!!!

over a year ago

yeah sure - single

errrr my cats not well

the builders are here

my lodger is shy

I'm decorating

I'm working so not there,

I'm looking after my child. Not so straight forward.

By *rNaughtyNickMan
over a year ago

Birmingham

No point lying your eventually gonna get found it honesty is the best approach x

By *arlo82Couple
over a year ago

"I prefer to know... far too many times I've been told single, led to believe single then found out attached by that point the o/h has found out and I'm being called for everything because how dare i make him cheat

The woman is wrong in this scenario too "

How is the woman who doesn't know the male is in a relationship in the wrong??

over a year ago

"No point lying your eventually gonna get found it honesty is the best approach x"

Exactly x

over a year ago

"I prefer to know... far too many times I've been told single, led to believe single then found out attached by that point the o/h has found out and I'm being called for everything because how dare i make him cheat

How is the woman who doesn't know the male is in a relationship in the wrong?? "

Because she shouldn't be calling you ... You didn't know ... Or did I read that wrong?

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

The simple answer has already been given in my opinion; because to own up hurts their chances and being honest also makes it 'real' and they will have to answer awkward questions.

As a likelihood though it's possible that someone posting on this thread is doing exactly that.

Personally I don't judge and I have met married people before but the duplicity is something that makes me a little uneasy

over a year ago

It's bad enough to lie to somebody who thinks that they have something special.

Not only are they, knowingly lying to that person but, doing the ultimate betrayal.

The liar has also brought a third person into the equation.

It is not just a lie, it is playing with peoples emotions and lives and lies have consequences. If you do lie and get caught, suck it up.

By *issmorganWoman
over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I totally agree op

People can and will cheat if that's what they feel they need to do,just don't unwittingly drag others into it,by not being truthful.

I am a bit like you,question people and if I have the slightest doubt I don't meet.

By *arlo82Couple
over a year ago

Because she shouldn't be calling you ... You didn't know ... Or did I read that wrong?"

Oh I thought you were saying I was in the wrong. The problem is even when the other woman doesn't know she still gets the blame.

I'll give you a for instance which shocked me.

I found out in my last relationship my ex was cheating. Had my suspicions.... wasn't til this lass he was messaging posted a pic of him and asked does anyone know him that I knew for def. I replied to her and said I was with him. I told my close mates and they said "I hope you weren't angry with her".... why on earth would I be?!? She was played and lied to as I was.

Sorry for misinterpretation.... I guess some woman can't deal with the reality of it all

over a year ago

"I totally agree op

People can and will cheat if that's what they feel they need to do,just don't unwittingly drag others into it,by not being truthful.

I am a bit like you,question people and if I have the slightest doubt I don't meet."

Best approach I think ...

over a year ago

Because she shouldn't be calling you ... You didn't know ... Or did I read that wrong?

Oh I thought you were saying I was in the wrong. The problem is even when the other woman doesn't know she still gets the blame.

I found out in my last relationship my ex was cheating. Had my suspicions.... wasn't til this lass he was messaging posted a pic of him and asked does anyone know him that I knew for def. I replied to her and said I was with him. I told my close mates and they said "I hope you weren't angry with her".... why on earth would I be?!? She was played and lied to as I was.

Sorry for misinterpretation.... I guess some woman can't deal with the reality of it all"

Oh god no, you weren't in the wrong but although she was hurt, it should have been hkm she vented at, not you

I think you're probably right with your last sentence x

over a year ago

Sorry for misinterpretation.... I guess some woman can't deal with the reality of it all"

Oh...

over a year ago

Im single, my face is on full display. By joining in on this forum, I'm saying I hate lies and liers, and I guess I'm advertising my self too.

over a year ago

"In all honesty if said singles can’t be honest with their own partners it may be a tad naive to expect them to be honest with complete strangers. How could you believe a word they say anyway given there already lying to thier supposed loved ones? "

^ bingo ^

That there sums it right up!

I have voiced my opinions on this topic in previous threads, but again the cheaters on the site are the last people to be telling anyone how they should be running profile/behaving etc

Nothing personal or against them and I am sure they are good people in general outside of being a cheater, but... for some reason a few of them shout the loudest on here with their views/opinions on how others should be behaving. Strange, but true! The mind boggles!

At least I can respect the fabbers on some level for being honest on their profiles and open in forums. That allows the rest of us real singles to make a decision. The undercover ones though... damn they are so good at telling lies they have become experts in deception. As the poster above said how the heck can you trust a word they say... and yet many do just for sex. They say oh you don't know what you're missing out on.

Crazy

over a year ago

My biggest wind-up is the couples who turn out to be single guys. And a lot of them are not actually single.

Conversation outs them in the end, but their disregard for others is frustrating.

over a year ago

Being honest means never having to remember your story.

Saw that somewhere recently and thought it summed it up personally.

Post new Message to Thread