Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Scottish Independence

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

As it's in the news, who's for it?

Please say whether you are Scottish for/against, or whether you are from any of the other three home nations and ared for/against.

For the record, I'm English and I hope they vote to leave the UK. That's not because I dislike the Scots in any way, I know lots of lovely Scottish folk, it's just that the Scottish parliament had devolved power to such a degree that they may as well go it alone and remove the financial crutch of Westminster.

(closed, thread got too big)

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

No I don't want them to leave.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Sorry.

Granny.

English.

Reply privately

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"No I don't want them to leave."

Ditto

Sox™

Reply privately

over a year ago

scottish against it , but am for devo max .

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"scottish against it , but am for devo max ."

Do they make trainers ?

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Granny.

English

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm English.

I really don't mind either way. I like the scots and think that only they can decide what they want.

Having said that as they make a lot of their own rules it would seem like the next logical step.

Do you think they'll introduce a new currency and if what would they call it. I'd call it the brew.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Sox™

Earthling !

Reply privately

over a year ago

If the Scots want to leave, and they vote to leave, then yes, they should be free to go their own way.

If Scotland has it's own "live" parliament, it should be free to chose it's own path, but at the same time, it shouldn't influence our politics.

Also, people shouldn't be allowed to cherry pick the best of both worlds, ie, a Scottish address and an English address should not give you any advantage what so ever

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Sox™

Earthling !

"

Granny,

Liar!

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"If the Scots want to leave, and they vote to leave, then yes, they should be free to go their own way.

If Scotland has it's own "live" parliament, it should be free to chose it's own path, but at the same time, it shouldn't influence our politics.

Also, people shouldn't be allowed to cherry pick the best of both worlds, ie, a Scottish address and an English address should not give you any advantage what so ever "

unlike a Welsh address where you don't pay for prescriptions.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If the Scots want to leave, and they vote to leave, then yes, they should be free to go their own way.

Also, people shouldn't be allowed to cherry pick the best of both worlds, ie, a Scottish address and an English address should not give you any advantage what so ever "

Jack, English, Kate, English/Polish, but for the purposes of this thread Kate is English

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Also, people shouldn't be allowed to cherry pick the best of both worlds, ie, a Scottish address and an English address should not give you any advantage what so ever

unlike a Welsh address where you don't pay for prescriptions."

Granny English

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

[Removed by poster at 14/01/12 09:46:05]

Reply privately

over a year ago

Our son has lived in Swansea while at uni for the last 4 yrs. He can't get free prescriptions

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Cos his home addy is in England ?

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Granny.

English

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Sox™

Earthling !

Granny,

Liar!"

Aw Gwanny you've blown my cover now !

Sox™

Reply privately

over a year ago

Welsh students get a lot more assistance than our boy is entitled too

Reply privately

over a year ago

If Scotland leave the UK I think it will signify the final collapse of the old Empire and Wales will quickly follow suit. We'll struggle to keep hold of the Falklands as the Argies will see us a significantly weakened enough to invade again, and this wime we've no carriers with aircraft to send down to retake the islands.

Alex Salmond could well be the architect not only of Scottish Independance but also of the destruction of the United Kingdom altogether.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Welsh students get a lot more assistance than our boy is entitled too"

Well - come the day of the revolution we'll put them all up against a wall and run off with their prescriptions.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Granny.

English

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Granny.

English"

Yup, we've got that, more than thrice. You're English.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If Scotland leave the UK I think it will signify the final collapse of the old Empire and Wales will quickly follow suit. We'll struggle to keep hold of the Falklands as the Argies will see us a significantly weakened enough to invade again, and this wime we've no carriers with aircraft to send down to retake the islands.

Alex Salmond could well be the architect not only of Scottish Independance but also of the destruction of the United Kingdom altogether."

Times change though, and sometimes it's not always for the worse.

The world has moved on from the old colonial days, and may be it's time for all nationals to live with their own identity?

Lets not kid ourselves, the only reasons we colonised overseas lands are based on ideals that are further based on greed and avarice.

As time goes by, the bully gets old and loses his strength, the victims see this and gain strength themselves, the tables start to turn.

We've had a good run.

What will be, will be.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well - come the day of the revolution we'll put them all up against a wall and run off with their prescriptions."

PSML!!!

Want them to stay but it's up to the people of Scotland. If they go I might emigrate to Edinburgh so that I don't have to have Fatboy Dave and his friends as my rulers for the rest of my life.

Wouldn't emigrate to Wales though - not enough vowels and too many LLs and Ys

Kris, English/British/European(but that's a whole other discussion!)

Reply privately

over a year ago

Scottish, and like a lot of folks, not looked into the benefits of it, the pro's and cons of it, think we all click along niceley as we are, and i think less than a quarter of scotland are interested/clued up on it, lived in scotland 16 yrs, london 18yrs and scotland currently, we get free prescriptions certainly.

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Scottish and dont want independence but I wish some of you would get your facts right about subsidising.

London is by far the most subsidised area of the UK not Scotland and all of the Uk is susidised by a greater amount than income taxes raise so if you want to believe the press propaganda go ahead but if you want actual facts and figures why dont you do a little reseach.

Just look at Norway in relation to Scotland basically the same resources and industry (well Scotland did have until a she devil came along and fucked it)but Scotland was shackled and died while Norway prospers.

Please get your facts right before quoting the myth about susidy junkies.

And I think the Scottish parlaiment is a huge waste of money.

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Does Scotland subsidise London ?

Does London produce more revenue or Scotland ?

Who puts most in the Kingdom's Coffers ?

Reply privately

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

English here although K's Grandparents were Scottish.

There are two ways of looking at this in my humble opinion

A - total independence, don't let the oil & gas thing sway your thinking this is now very much a red herring

B - if they stay don't let the Scottish MP's vote on policies/laws etc that only affect the rest of the UK and not Scotland

Reply privately

over a year ago

If they want to go it alone then thats fine, but I think they might regret it and not sure it would be a good thing for the scotish people.

english btw

Reply privately

over a year ago

This will most likely turn into a slagging forum post as per........

Reply privately

over a year ago

Not read the full thread because I dont have time just now, I hope its doesnt turn into a slagging match.

Im British. Even though I was born and brought up in Scotland, I will always class myself as British.

So no I dont want independence for Scotland.

On a personal note I find Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon awful people. Having met both a few times many years ago when I was more politically active.

PS. I love playing who wrote the thread. I knew when this came up on the forum home page this was a Wishy thread. xx

Reply privately

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman
over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"This will most likely turn into a slagging forum post as per........ "

I thought you said shagging .....

They all end up as shagging threads....

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Granny the whole of the UK very heavily subsidises London and the oil taken from Scottish waters subsidises the whole of the UK.

Being that the financial institutions that (legaly exhtort money from all of us due to the rich mans laws) being based in London then of course London creates more wealth than any other region in the UK.

London has £2400 per head of the taxpayers money spent on transport alone so dont give us the shit about Scotland being the beggars of the UK as I say do your reaserch before you spout.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I am a scot ,but also proud of being british ,my father and grand father uncles brother son and daughter all are serving or were service men i spen a lot of time in plymouth and portsmouth,and love my time down south ,however i get the feeling that most of my english countrymen think that most scots are for independance ,not true, however if salmond gets his way he will have he will have it ,not because thats the way the scots are thinking but by handing the vote to those who are and should not be intilted to wote and children who are inpresnable ,IE 16 year olds and x pats why should they get the vote ,this is how he will get his way ,,this is salmonds ego trip the man and his goverment are prats ,so please dont think that most scots are for indapendance,we are not ,and i for one will move down south if they get it ,which sadly i think they will ,

Reply privately

over a year ago

Having had the benefit of working in the oil and gas industry for over 25 yrs….

This suggestion Scotland has been deprived of the financial benefits accrued from the extraction of North see hydrocarbons is a popular misconception which bares no relation to the agreement of territorial mineral rights which is drawn up using a range of criteria that isn’t altered on a unilateral basis,,,

The actual present production value of Oil and Gas extracted from fields which would be designated as specifically Scottish to accommodate Scottish independence are a fraction of Norway’s entitlement ……

Based on the popular misconception purporting that its “Scottish Oil” the Shetland Isles and Faeroe Isles would be granted a greater claim to a higher proportion of current North sea revenues than Scotland would be entitled too ….

Simply put,,,,, the revenues raised from what would become specifically Scottish Oil and gas would not make Scotland financially self-sufficient.

Reply privately

By *iewMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Angus & Findhorn

Scottish & No.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I think anyone that leaves the sinking ship GB has its head screwed on

Wont be long before Europe takes over completely anyway xx

Reply privately

over a year ago

Nationalism is inbred racism.

Scotland, no

But if they do, they should be totally on their own and when they want to come back, the rest of us should have a referendum, if we want them back.

Born Welsh, but British choice

Reply privately

By *b430Man
over a year ago

Tayside

"Nationalism is inbred racism.

"

Is it really?

Scottish here and it's a no from me

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm English of Scottish parents and have lived both north and south of the border. Unfortunately it is unlikely we will have a reasoned and informed debate on the whole issues but for example, as an ex-serviceman, what happens with regards to having military capability and the costs etc let alone the whole economic viability.

Personally I couldn't give a toss, Fat Dave and Smarmy Salmond will manipulate public opinion based on emotion and half-truths and that tosser Osbourne will be in the background like an even less likeable Norman Tebbit.

Reply privately

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

Well - come the day of the revolution we'll put them all up against a wall and run off with their prescriptions.

PSML!!!

Want them to stay but it's up to the people of Scotland. If they go I might emigrate to Edinburgh so that I don't have to have Fatboy Dave and his friends as my rulers for the rest of my life.

Wouldn't emigrate to Wales though - not enough vowels and too many LLs and Ys

Kris, English/British/European(but that's a whole other discussion!) "

The welsh language has more vowels than english.

Reply privately

By *oantrimcpl2010Couple
over a year ago

Lisburn

Mrs A .. United Nations

I dont understand politics ... so canny answer

Reply privately

By *emima_puddlefuckCouple
over a year ago

hexham

Northumbrian

Which is at the heart of the problem to me, i am english , of Scottish Grandparents, who live in England, will i be able to vote, will they? Will they need passports to visit family, will my children be able to attend Scottish universities.

Then wider questions, Scotland will whatever Salmond says have to apply for EU membership, will it get the Euro. Currently the SNP want to keep Sterling, despite there being no mechanism for it to do so .

So for me there are too many unanswered questions to vote(if i had a vote) yes

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

_aucy3-scottish.

no.

it would be a disaster,for both countries.

independence would deny us one of our favourite national pastimes.

whinging about how the english nicked our oil.

the english would be denied the right,to constantly whinge about how much they subsidise scotland.

we're not good at much,but we're the usain bolts of whinging.

ps granny didn't say what nationality she was,in her last post.

Reply privately

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Jack, English, Kate, English/Polish, but for the purposes of this thread Kate is English"

These eastern europeans coming over here and taking all the best men.

Reply privately

By *abioMan
over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Northumbrian

Which is at the heart of the problem to me, i am english , of Scottish Grandparents, who live in England, will i be able to vote, will they? Will they need passports to visit family, will my children be able to attend Scottish universities.

Then wider questions, Scotland will whatever Salmond says have to apply for EU membership, will it get the Euro. Currently the SNP want to keep Sterling, despite there being no mechanism for it to do so .

So for me there are too many unanswered questions to vote(if i had a vote) yes"

I always said the north east should get annexed into scotland as I see they have a lot more in common with thoses "up north" then with those "down south"......

anyway the only powers the scottish parliament dont have are tax raising powers (although they can raise or drop income tax up by to 3p).. but it then and those structures such as defence and foreign policy....

actually do i want them to go... no...

i actually would like the see the opposite... regional assemblies for england with the same powers as scotland. sometimes i think that local decisions are better made at regional levels.....

Reply privately

By *eorge17Man
over a year ago

Leven

Scottish and a no from me.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Wow, I'm surprised actually. Of the votes cast so far, not one Scot has voted for independence, but the non-Scottish vote is split 50/50.

It appears Salmond has his work cut out if he wants to railroad Scottish independence onto the Scottish people. I'm curious as to who keeps voting for the prat though. Surely if he's that disliked in Scotland they'd stop him putting Scotland in such a position. Wouldn't they?

As for Devo Max, that sounds like a cop out to me. It smacks of 'well, we would like to give it a go, but if it dont work out can we come back'. The vote, if it goes ahead, should be in or out. Period.

Reply privately

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

Too old for change...

Leave it as is...

C- Scottish D-English...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Scottish, for it. And there IS no financial 'crutch' from Westminster

Reply privately

over a year ago

No

Northern ireland

Ref 1921 partition of ireland and the trouble that has ensued since.

Reply privately

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Northumbrian

"

if they do go it'll create no end of jobs for the brickies to get the wall fixed

Wolf

Reply privately

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

and ps. English with Northumberland Grandparents... LOL

Reply privately

By *eorge17Man
over a year ago

Leven

"Northumbrian

if they do go it'll create no end of jobs for the brickies to get the wall fixed

Wolf

"

Aye, but from which side?

Reply privately

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

"Northumbrian

Wolf

Aye, but from which side? "

...you could do it from both, and chuck the politicians in the cavity

Reply privately

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

Welsh students get a lot more assistance than our boy is entitled too"

my son is welsh goes to an english Uni and gets the worst of both worlds so it's swings and roundabouts and doesnt get free prescriptions either

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why is it a surprise to non-Scots that Alex Salmond wants independence? What do you think 'SNP' stands for lol? And Scotland is a COUNTRY, not a principality of England. Its people surely have the sole right to chose to stay or leave the Union.

Reply privately

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

[Removed by poster at 14/01/12 13:39:17]

Reply privately

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

"I'm English.

Do you think they'll introduce a new currency and if what would they call it. I'd call it the brew. "

Jeez! Its hard enough using STERLING down south as it is just now!!

Reply privately

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

Great idea...our flag will look much better red and white cross and a diagonals..and then fill the rest in green to represent Wales.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Why is the Welsh flag not represented? Is it because Wales was termed a principality,ie, an annexe of England, not a country? Before you flay me, I'm a separatist

Reply privately

By *ouple1234Couple
over a year ago

BELFAST UK

Wales was already united with England from the 13th century. This meant that Wales a principality instead of a kingdom and as such could not be included

Reply privately

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

"Great idea...our flag will look much better red and white cross and a diagonals..and then fill the rest in green to represent Wales."

Scottish, English & Welsh already have their own flags!

The Union Flag will be no more

Reply privately

By *ouple1234Couple
over a year ago

BELFAST UK

It will still be used in northern ireland

Reply privately

By *am sampsonMan
over a year ago

cwmbran

"Wales was already united with England from the 13th century. This meant that Wales a principality instead of a kingdom and as such could not be included "

not united - conquered

Reply privately

By *evilwolfCouple
over a year ago

Leicestershire

I knew it was a mistake giving the scone stone back

Wolf

Reply privately

By *amschwingerzCouple
over a year ago

West

And the Krankies!..

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/01/12 13:59:22]

Reply privately

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

"It will still be used in northern ireland "

Ooops sorry guys....Forgot about you

Reply privately

By *thwalescplCouple
over a year ago

brecon

Welsh, by the grace of God... British by choice.

On the question of Scottish independance.... no idea.

I think its a question only the Scots can answer... but they should be given all the facts, like, how is it all going to be paid for etc?

Gut feeling... I would prefer Scotland to stay part of the UK.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It will still be used in northern ireland "
. Without falling into the obvious pits, how IS the idea of an independent Scotland _iewed in NI? Rats and sinking ships?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If the Scots want to leave, and they vote to leave, then yes, they should be free to go their own way."

ditto this. Nice English Lady.

Reply privately

over a year ago

""If the Scots want to leave, and they vote to leave, then yes, they should be free to go their own way."
. Lol. We ARE free to leave. It is called democracy.

Reply privately

over a year ago

""If the Scots want to leave, and they vote to leave, then yes, they should be free to go their own way.. Lol. We ARE free to leave. It is called democracy. "

ha ha, but what if everybody leaves?

Reply privately

By *ouple1234Couple
over a year ago

BELFAST UK

"It will still be used in northern ireland . Without falling into the obvious pits, how IS the idea of an independent Scotland _iewed in NI? Rats and sinking ships?"

Its pretty much the same as everything over here so people want it for all the wrong reasons and some people want it for all the right reasons and vice versa

Reply privately

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

English here.

Up to the Scots if they decide to vote for Independence, but on that note i will go on record as saying Devo-Max should not be offered. Scotland is either in the Union or out, Devo-Max is just trying to have a foor in each camp, and as it will alter the Union for everyone then if Devo-Max is to be offered the English/Welsh/N.Irish must have a say in it as well.

Personally i would say "Go" as i'm bored of the bloody subject already. Scotland may or may not be better off Independent but finances should not be the driver of choice. This is an ideological choice.

Reply privately

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

"I'm English.

Do you think they'll introduce a new currency and if what would they call it. I'd call it the brew.

Jeez! Its hard enough using STERLING down south as it is just now!! "

Scottish banknotes aren't actually legal tender in England, it is a courtesy to take them and exchange them for BoE notes at the same rate. No one is obliged to take them as currency, i assume the same is true for BoE notes in Scotland.

Reply privately

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

"Northumbrian

So for me there are too many unanswered questions to vote(if i had a vote) yes"

Hmm, i was under the impression that should the Union split then England/Wales/N.I. would be classed as the successor State and would keep EU membership. Scotland may be classed as a 'new' Nation and therefore would need to accept the Euro on entry to the EU as per current rules.

I also understand that voting rights will be confered on residency grounds, so English people living in Scotland get to vote but Scots in England don't.

Damn, i'm getting drawn in and i already said i was bored of it!

Reply privately

By *mumaWoman
over a year ago

Livingston

Scottish by birth (born here and Scottish wanker, I mean biological father

Half English, maternal parent

British on passport

No from me

Reply privately

over a year ago

Well, Im Scottish and I'm undecided at the moment but depending on the factors of independance I would be willing to give it a go. The hype about subsidy and oil revenues is nothing but a tit for tat argument which will never be solved. My one fear would be that if we left we would adopt that idiotic monopoly money (Euro) and instantly devalue our country overnight!. On the bright side my taxes would not be spent on a rich mans railway set that doesn't get any further than Birmingham.

Reply privately

over a year ago

Will they be going to Panama again?

Reply privately

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

"Will they be going to Panama again?"

Don't need to, Alex the Fish has already signed Scotland up to the Arc of Insolvency - oops, i meant the Arc of Prosperity....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Will they be going to Panama again?

Don't need to, Alex the Fish has already signed Scotland up to the Arc of Insolvency - oops, i meant the Arc of Prosperity...."

Lol,

"Caledonia Uber Alles"

Reply privately

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

"Will they be going to Panama again?

Don't need to, Alex the Fish has already signed Scotland up to the Arc of Insolvency - oops, i meant the Arc of Prosperity....

Lol,

"Caledonia Uber Alles""

First Govenor of Livingston, one Mr Jerry Brown...

Reply privately

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"Wales was already united with England from the 13th century. This meant that Wales a principality instead of a kingdom and as such could not be included

not united - conquered"

Given that the Tudors were a welsh family conquered isn't quite the right word...

Reply privately

By *eighleedsMan
over a year ago

leeds

"I'm English.

Scottish banknotes aren't actually legal tender in England, it is a courtesy to take them and exchange them for BoE notes at the same rate. No one is obliged to take them as currency, i assume the same is true for BoE notes in Scotland."

Scottish banknotes are not technically legal tender in Scotland or anywhere else, only coins are legal tender in Scotland, and theer are rules about the type of coin and the amount

Reply privately

By *ilandlarryCouple
over a year ago

more north lincs than mids!

"I'm English.

Scottish banknotes aren't actually legal tender in England, it is a courtesy to take them and exchange them for BoE notes at the same rate. No one is obliged to take them as currency, i assume the same is true for BoE notes in Scotland."

No problem with Scots retailers etc accepting English notes.

Scottish, living in England and it's a definite no from me to devolution.

Reply privately

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"Northumbrian

So for me there are too many unanswered questions to vote(if i had a vote) yes

I always said the north east should get annexed into scotland as I see they have a lot more in common with thoses "up north" then with those "down south"......

anyway the only powers the scottish parliament dont have are tax raising powers (although they can raise or drop income tax up by to 3p).. but it then and those structures such as defence and foreign policy....

actually do i want them to go... no...

i actually would like the see the opposite... regional assemblies for england with the same powers as scotland. sometimes i think that local decisions are better made at regional levels.....

"

The last thing Northumberland needs is to get roped into the papist vs presbyterian nightmare that is scottish politics.

Reply privately

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

"Wales was already united with England from the 13th century. This meant that Wales a principality instead of a kingdom and as such could not be included

not united - conquered

Given that the Tudors were a welsh family conquered isn't quite the right word..."

Henry VII was only one quarter Welsh, two parts English and one part French so claiming a Welsh victory on those grounds is a bit shaky...

Reply privately

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

"I'm English.

Scottish banknotes aren't actually legal tender in England, it is a courtesy to take them and exchange them for BoE notes at the same rate. No one is obliged to take them as currency, i assume the same is true for BoE notes in Scotland.

Scottish banknotes are not technically legal tender in Scotland or anywhere else, only coins are legal tender in Scotland, and theer are rules about the type of coin and the amount"

Now i didn't know that! I wonder why that is?

Reply privately

over a year ago

not united - conquered

Given that the Tudors were a welsh family conquered isn't quite the right word..."

It was all over by 1415. Henry V was a Lancastrian

Reply privately

By *eighleedsMan
over a year ago

leeds

"I'm English.

Scottish banknotes are not technically legal tender in Scotland or anywhere else, only coins are legal tender in Scotland, and theer are rules about the type of coin and the amount

Now i didn't know that! I wonder why that is?"

No ideaa, I should have also added that english notes are also not legal tender in Scotland either, i researched it a while ago because a well known high street chain refused a Scottish note i had, do a google on 'Legal Tender Scotland' all teh info is there

Reply privately

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

not united - conquered

Given that the Tudors were a welsh family conquered isn't quite the right word...

It was all over by 1415. Henry V was a Lancastrian "

Er, actually he wasn't (Wars of the Roses re-enactor here for my sins) He claimed his Lancastrian heritage in order to sweep up the rump of the disaffected Lancastrian support after Henry VI and Edward Prince of Wales were killed. (Edward of Wales at Tewkesbury and Henry in the Tower Of London shortly afterwards).

His only claim to the Lancastrian Crown was through his grandmother being the widow of Henry V, he had no birth claim to the Crown but the Lancastrian rump were so desperate for a figurehead to oppose Edward IV they grabbed him with both hands. The Wars had proven that legal lineage was bunk if you were strong enough to both grab the Crown and keep it.

Reply privately

over a year ago

not united - conquered

Er, actually he wasn't (Wars of the Roses re-enactor here for my sins) He claimed his Lancastrian heritage in order to sweep up the rump of the disaffected Lancastrian support after Henry VI and Edward Prince of Wales were killed. (Edward of Wales at Tewkesbury and Henry in the Tower Of London shortly afterwards).

His only claim to the Lancastrian Crown was through his grandmother being the widow of Henry V, he had no birth claim to the Crown but the Lancastrian rump were so desperate for a figurehead to oppose Edward IV they grabbed him with both hands. The Wars had proven that legal lineage was bunk if you were strong enough to both grab the Crown and keep it."

I said Henry V

Reply privately

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

Oops so you did!

Unfortunately it wasn't over, he croaked early and his son was too ineffectual to hold the Crown, playing favourites with the court and forcing the previously loyal Richard of York to claim the throne - Henry V was from the cadet branch of the family and York had a superior claim. He never did anything about it til Henry VI almost bankrupted him by sending him to command the war in France but not releasing the funds from the exchequer, cue 35 yrs of bloodshed and political intrigue..

(Still, it keeps me occupied and gives me a reason to buy lots of armour!)

Reply privately

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Lets not forget the battle of Towton.

Reply privately

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

"Lets not forget the battle of Towton."

Don't get me started...

"The day the Cock Beck turned red as far as York"

Reply privately

over a year ago

Scottish here, mr was British forces and we have lived in both Scotland and England.

Iv always found it hilarious that English people fully believe Scotland is run on their funds. Many English fully believe us scots get so much for free and smoke&drink our days away seeing as most dont have jobs.

This can't be more further from the truth, taking population ratios into consideration, Englad has a higher unemployment ratio, a higher obesity rate and consumes more alcohol than us scots. The dole bill for London alone would be enough to run N.Ireland for half a year!!

Also the idea that Scotlad MUST join the euro has came from nowhere. This has only came around as someone said Scotland shouldn't be allowed to keep the pound, which is stupid. So if we break away from England, what would be the terms? If you keep using our English currency we will go in a huff? Bollocks.

I personally think after a few years of teething, our countries would see big changes, Wales would leave England, Scotland would get by whilst England will have some terrible times, why else would Cameron react so negatively to this whole idea? I do not see England being involved at all with Europe considering half the nations there hate you lot enough already

However, united we stand, together we are stronger, we have a larger voice in Global economics, we have easily one of the best united armed forces and we have a huge sense of British pride.

Small things like Scottish money being thrown back at you in shops down south, the constant blaming of the Scottish population for unemployment, saying England pays for our prescriptions& education, using our sportsmen's success to be British but their failures blamed on their being Scottish and the references to us as Jocks are amongst the reasons a lot of those who would vote for independence want it. The public haven't a scooby about what powers the SNP would get.

I DO NOT want independence at all, compare our economies to the one in Greece, Italy and Spain, we are far better off. Why fix something that isn't broken!!

I also notice much of this thread has become a slagging match,

Reply privately

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"Lets not forget the battle of Towton.

Don't get me started...

"The day the Cock Beck turned red as far as York""

Thats the one the biggest loss of life in one battle, sadly though all but forgotten.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

English and vote for Scotland to be independent.....with all these Polish bricklayers living in the UK what better time to rebuild Hadrians Wall?

2.5 million unemployed to choose from to dig a bloody great moat, and Wishy being a newly qualified electrician he could surely come up with a Twelve foot high electric fence concept?

Never been a better time to be honest, we've had all the oil that's worth having so set them free!

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

"English and vote for Scotland to be independent.....with all these Polish bricklayers living in the UK what better time to rebuild Hadrians Wall?

2.5 million unemployed to choose from to dig a bloody great moat, and Wishy being a newly qualified electrician he could surely come up with a Twelve foot high electric fence concept?

Never been a better time to be honest, we've had all the oil that's worth having so set them free!

"

you can be a right bastard at times jane.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"English and vote for Scotland to be independent.....with all these Polish bricklayers living in the UK what better time to rebuild Hadrians Wall?

you can be a right bastard at times jane. "

Who me?.....

Reply privately

By *empnbunkCouple
over a year ago

south coast

FREEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMM......is over rated it will weaken both Scotland and england....alex salmond is an arse imho i'm scots temp is engurlish and we are both of the same mind for a change lol i for 1 will look to move my family to engurlaaand if it was to happen

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 14/01/12 16:58:16]

Reply privately

over a year ago

"FREEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMM......is over rated it will weaken both Scotland and england....alex salmond is an arse imho i'm scots temp is engurlish and we are both of the same mind for a change lol i for 1 will look to move my family to engurlaaand if it was to happen "

Wouldn't trust Alex salmond with a greggs cream cake Nevermind a country x

Reply privately

over a year ago

big no to scotland

i agree they should have more powers/devolution from westminister

Reply privately

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

not united - conquered

It was all over by 1415. Henry V was a Lancastrian "

Where was Henry V born?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"FREEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMM......is over rated it will weaken both Scotland and england....alex salmond is an arse imho i'm scots temp is engurlish and we are both of the same mind for a change lol i for 1 will look to move my family to engurlaaand if it was to happen

Wouldn't trust Alex salmond with a greggs cream cake Nevermind a country x"

So who keeps voting this man into office? Someone must be voting for him?

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Where was Henry V born?"

Somewhere between Henry IV and Henry VI

Reply privately

over a year ago

not united - conquered

Where was Henry V born?"

Monmouth..That doesn't make his family Welsh.

Reply privately

over a year ago

not united - conquered

Where was Henry V born?"

Henry was born in the tower above the gatehouse of Monmouth Castle and for that reason called Henry of Monmouth, son of Henry of Bolingbroke, later Henry IV, and sixteen-year-old Mary de Bohun. Two dates are suggested: 9 August or 16 September, in either 1386 or 1387.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"If Scotland leave the UK I think it will signify the final collapse of the old Empire and Wales will quickly follow suit. We'll struggle to keep hold of the Falklands as the Argies will see us a significantly weakened enough to invade again, and this wime we've no carriers with aircraft to send down to retake the islands.

Alex Salmond could well be the architect not only of Scottish Independance but also of the destruction of the United Kingdom altogether."

If Hadrian had built the wall properly in the first play we wouldnt be having this discushion

Reply privately

By *oxy_minxWoman
over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

"Scottish and dont want independence.

And I think the Scottish parlaiment is a huge waste of money."

+1

Reply privately

over a year ago

"FREEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMM......is over rated it will weaken both Scotland and england....alex salmond is an arse imho i'm scots temp is engurlish and we are both of the same mind for a change lol i for 1 will look to move my family to engurlaaand if it was to happen

So who keeps voting this man into office? Someone must be voting for him?"

With Labour in self destruct and David Camerons Tories there was not going to be any other winner in Scotland. Asking that is the same as asking who voted for Cameron for Downing street x

Reply privately

over a year ago

not united - conquered

Where was Henry V born?

Monmouth..That doesn't make his family Welsh."

By that I mean there were 3 (i think) Lancastrian kings. Henry V was born in Wales ,the others weren't. Including V's father.

They were not a Welsh family

Reply privately

over a year ago

"nationalism is inbred racism"

Imperialism is inbred racism

Reply privately

over a year ago

In principle yes, but...............!!

It's a long time now since Scotland lost it's independence and in the meantime things have moved on just a little bit!

One of the SNP's big problems, as far as I'm concerned, is answering many of the simple but basic questions of "what happens to...........?" etc etc.

Another confusing thing for me is the fact that the SNP want independence from Westminster, but then immediately they want to submit to a bunch of unelected bureaucrats in Brussels!! I'm sorry, but my simple mind finds that totally incongruous!!

And by the way you lovely English folk, and too many ignorant Scots, the people north of the border are Scots, their old language is Scots, something which can be eaten or d*unk is Scotch, and everything else is Scottish.

Reply privately

By *etitesaraTV/TS
over a year ago

rochdale

not united - conquered

Where was Henry V born?

Monmouth..That doesn't make his family Welsh.

By that I mean there were 3 (i think) Lancastrian kings. Henry V was born in Wales ,the others weren't. Including V's father.

They were not a Welsh family"

Henry IV/V/VI were not Welsh by their reckoning and that's what counts. Medieval Aristocracy had a different mindset than we do today, usually using their highest ranking title (i.e York/Salisbury/Gloucester) as their surname, didn't mean they came from there or identified with the place in any way. These were people who held ancestral lands across England and parts of France, the idea of the modern Nation State was only a very recent idea for them.

Henry VII was in no way related by blood to the old Lancastrian line, that was dead since 1471.

I remember having a discussion about place and politics with a chap from York whilst doing a show, he told me he would have been a proud Yorkist as he was from York..

Er no.... the City of York was staunchly Lancastrian in its political affiliation, only supporting the Yorkist Kings when politically expedient to do so. Until Richard of Gloucester went North to impose his bother's writ on the North large swathes of the North held Lancastrian sympathies. Gloucester worked hard though and swung the North around to him, so much so that when Gloucester faced the Tudor pretender (for that was what he was) the City of York equipped a company of men to march south and fight for Richard. Unfortunately they got to Bosworth after the battle...

Reply privately

By *aucy3Couple
over a year ago

glasgow

So who keeps voting this man into office? Someone must be voting for him?

With Labour in self destruct and David Camerons Tories there was not going to be any other winner in Scotland. Asking that is the same as asking who voted for Cameron for Downing street x"

alex salmond,is by far,the most capable party leader in the uk,at the present time.

the snp have never tried to pull the wool over any body's eyes,their ultimate goal has always been independence.

i may not agree with his politics,but this does not blind me,as to his competence.

all political parties in the uk,would be only to happy,to welcome him in to their fold,with open arms,and a huge sigh of relief.

scottish-no

Reply privately

over a year ago

I agree, Saucy. For or against independence, he is by FAR the most credulous MP/MSP here. Anyone who under estimates him is a fool imho

Reply privately

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"

Have you overlooked the small fact that Hadrians wall is, in places, sixty miles south of the Scottish border?

Reply privately

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

not united - conquered

Where was Henry V born?

Monmouth..That doesn't make his family Welsh."

It gives him a choice of rugby sides though, and doesn't change the fact that the Tudors, when they usurped the throne, were recognisably welsh...

Reply privately

over a year ago

Ok, what was the original ask to this thread again? lol

Reply privately

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

"Ok, what was the original ask to this thread again? lol "

Have you tried scrolling up?

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Have you overlooked the small fact that Hadrians wall is, in places, sixty miles south of the Scottish border?"

It would be worth giving away a little piece of England to keep Salmond and Co. happy.

Call it reimbursment for the oil.....

Sorted

Reply privately

over a year ago

"It would be worth giving away a little piece of England to keep Salmond and Co. happy.

Sorted"

It's Scottish independence he wants, not English land

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"It would be worth giving away a little piece of England to keep Salmond and Co. happy.

Sorted

It's Scottish independence he wants, not English land"

What if we throw in Carlisle as well?

Ok....at a push Newcastle, that's our final offer.

Reply privately

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

Sorted

Ok....at a push Newcastle, that's our final offer."

Not all of Newcastle is north of Hadrian's Wall....

Never mind, the fact that the English are nearly as ignorant of geography as Americans is no big surprise...

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Sorted

Never mind, the fact that the English are nearly as ignorant of geography as Americans is no big surprise..."

Don't confuse ignorance with a complete lack of interest in whether or not the Scots gain independence.....so no need for the geography lesson as not everyone gives a toss one way or the other.....

Reply privately

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

Sorted

Never mind, the fact that the English are nearly as ignorant of geography as Americans is no big surprise...

Don't confuse ignorance with a complete lack of interest in whether or not the Scots gain independence.....so no need for the geography lesson as not everyone gives a toss one way or the other....."

So why bother contributing to the thread?

Seriously?

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

To get another little dig in at the Scots without actualy coming out and saying she doesnt like us.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Sorted

Don't confuse ignorance with a complete lack of interest in whether or not the Scots gain independence.....so no need for the geography lesson as not everyone gives a toss one way or the other.....

So why bother contributing to the thread?

Seriously?"

For the same reason that you have....because as a member of the site....I can.

Those of us (Scots, Welsh, Northern Irish, and English) who couldn't give a damn if the Scots go it alone or not have every right to say so....

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"To get another little dig in at the Scots without actualy coming out and saying she doesnt like us.

"

Lets not get paranoid now.....

I simply represent a great proportion of the English population who simply couldn't give a toss....

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

I couldnt give a toss if you like us/me and absolutely no paranoi

To be honest if I was 20 years younger I would get to hell out of the UK and try for Canada Australia as I dont think it is going to be a very nice place to live in in the not too distant future and I am constantly advising my son and daughter to try and go for the good of them and any future grandkids.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"To get another little dig in at the Scots without actualy coming out and saying she doesnt like us.

"

my thoughts exactly

Reply privately

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

I simply represent a great proportion of the English population who simply couldn't give a toss...."

When were you elected to that role?

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

I simply represent a great proportion of the English population who simply couldn't give a toss....

When were you elected to that role?"

Yes.....I am life President of the 'Don't give a fuck' society of the United Kingdom....I was elected this morning in a snap election.

Not everyone has to care you know....it's not compulsory.

And in the interests of equality, I also don't give a toss if we give independence to the Cornish, the Welsh....even the Independence for the Isle of Wight.

Happy now Mi Lord?

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

I dont think England has any right to give independence to any of the nations that would suggest that they are masters, it is an allegiance of the crowns after all.

Reply privately

over a year ago

I'm welsh and I say if Scotland don't wanna be a part of great britain fuck them, let them go they will be a third world country within 5 years!!

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

Masters?.......

Reply privately

over a year ago

"I'm welsh and I say if Scotland don't wanna be a part of great britain fuck them, let them go they will be a third world country within 5 years!! "

Be just like Wales then only kidding xx

Reply privately

By *waymanMan
over a year ago

newcastle

When were you elected to that role?

Yes.....I am life President of the 'Don't give a fuck' society of the United Kingdom....I was elected this morning in a snap election.

Not everyone has to care you know....it's not compulsory.

And in the interests of equality, I also don't give a toss if we give independence to the Cornish, the Welsh....even the Independence for the Isle of Wight.

Happy now Mi Lord?

"

I'm baffled. here again, I'm not your Lord either....

TIf you want to prove you don't give a fuck, getting involved in a thread where you only demonstrate your basic ignorance of the geography of the UK is a really weird way of doing it.

Reply privately

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

Checking my lineage to the Scottish crown as we speak and I'll need the Stone of Scone back from under that chair!!!!!!

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Good time man have you ever been educated about Scottish contributions to the modern world.

I suggest you read a little into just what this nation has given before you give show your ignorance here.

We would probably be a 3rd world country if it wasnt for the Scots.

Reply privately

By *om1noMan
over a year ago

South Worcestershire

Im all in favour of the Scotts gaining independance if thats what the majority vote for but I'd ask the question, Who was responsible for the financial fiasco of the new Scottish parliment and the complete finantial cockup of the Edinburgh new Tram system, I bet the English get the blame.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Good time man have you ever been educated about Scottish contributions to the modern world.

I suggest you read a little into just what this nation has given before you give show your ignorance here.

We would probably be a 3rd world country if it wasnt for the Scots."

If there is an 'yes' to independence north of the border will there be a charge levied on the rest of the Union to repay your sterling efforts towards saving us from being a third world country?

Shall I write a cheque or will cash do?

Reply privately

By *om1noMan
over a year ago

South Worcestershire

I think this thread has legs as they say but as long as racism doesn't creep in let it run lol

Reply privately

By *ushroom7Man
over a year ago

Bradford

"I think this thread has legs as they say but as long as racism doesn't creep in let it run lol "

racism? some folks dislike everyone lol

Reply privately

By *om1noMan
over a year ago

South Worcestershire

Oh so true Mushroom, live and let live is my motto but NIMBY lol

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Racism has already crept in very thinly disguised if you look back and I was just responding to the ignorance.

Thinking I shouldnt bother as the same ppl on here all the time turn a thread into an anti Scots thread and if you look at a few above and the threads they have posted on you will know I am talking the truth.

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Im all in favour of the Scotts gaining independance if thats what the majority vote for but I'd ask the question, Who was responsible for the financial fiasco of the new Scottish parliment and the complete finantial cockup of the Edinburgh new Tram system, I bet the English get the blame."

Will the Scottish get the blame for the shocking benefits bill in London, the bill for the millennium stadium and the exclusion of European dealings in the future? Let's not mention the cost of crime in England shall we xx

Edinburghs trams was a stupid idea at the start....that's what happens when you have a rubbish council in a rubbish capital city...they should have followed The Glasgow council leadership and built indestructible bus stops haha x

Reply privately

over a year ago

"Racism has already crept in very thinly disguised if you look back and I was just responding to the ignorance.

Thinking I shouldnt bother as the same ppl on here all the time turn a thread into an anti Scots thread and if you look at a few above and the threads they have posted on you will know I am talking the truth."

Reply privately

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

You might be surprised to learn just how many of us are living here in England.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

It would seem (according to a poll in tomorrows Sunday Mail) that more people in England and Wales feel Scotland should leave the UK than people in Scotland do....

Hope that doesn't make it look as if the non-Scots are picking on our neighbours north of the border...

Coz we luvs yer!!

In the words of the great KC and the Sunshine Band record....."Please don't go!"

Reply privately

By *om1noMan
over a year ago

South Worcestershire

I like this friendly Banter, and I appolagise on behalf of the English for the hint of racism that seems to of crept in, those involved should be made to wear a Kilt for 12 months

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Racism has already crept in very thinly disguised if you look back and I was just responding to the ignorance.

Thinking I shouldnt bother as the same ppl on here all the time turn a thread into an anti Scots thread and if you look at a few above and the threads they have posted on you will know I am talking the truth."

Or.....some Scots are over sensitive, you will find that the vast majority of people on here don't think about the matter one way or the other....to most you are just people....not Scots people.

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Obviously Scotland population 5 million

England/Wales aalmost 60 million DOH.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"You might be surprised to learn just how many of us are living here in England. "

We can root out the infiltrators and spies you know.....we have eyes everywhere.

Little known fact but CCTV really stands for 'Counter Caledonian TV'

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Obviously Scotland population 5 million

England/Wales aalmost 60 million DOH."

Polls are taken not on total population but on a roughly equal count.....in this case it was a poll of 1,001 living north of the border and 1,019 living south of the border I believe.

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

What about all the Scots who have died fighting for the UK statistically a far higher proportion than any other of the UK nations.

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Maybe the polls read that way because you are stupid enough to believe everything the press states Jane.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"What about all the Scots who have died fighting for the UK statistically a far higher proportion than any other of the UK nations."

You are taking this far too seriously....it's not a critical debate.

And it's not as if we are trying to chuck you lot out.....your leader wants to drag you out.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Maybe the polls read that way because you are stupid enough to believe everything the press states Jane.

"

Maybe, just maybe, you are getting all hot under the collar about a little bit of banter....

Reply privately

over a year ago

"

Maybe, just maybe, you are getting all hot under the collar about a little bit of banter....

"

Your posts have been anything but banter, even I am getting a bit fed up of you.

Reply privately

By *obbytupperMan
over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

"You might be surprised to learn just how many of us are living here in England.

We can root out the infiltrators and spies you know.....we have eyes everywhere.

Little known fact but CCTV really stands for 'Counter Caledonian TV'"

You wouldn't have any TV if it weren't for us remember! John Logie Baird will be turning in his grave.

I've been here 61 years and no-ones twigged yet.

Reply privately

By *acreadCouple
over a year ago

central scotland

Maybe its just I have read your posts before jane and there is more than a little resentment towards the Scots.

And on that note its goodbye from me as I think this thread has run its course as far as I am concerned.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"

Your posts have been anything but banter, even I am getting a bit fed up of you. "

Get a grip, did you take my post about having the Polish bricklayers rebuild Hadrians Wall as being serious?

Of course they can't....not without the help of the Slovakians and Irish bricklayers.....let's be ralistic about things.

And it would take ages to make that many bricks, even Jewsons don't have those kind of stocks.

Reply privately

By *he BananamanMan
over a year ago

WORCESTERSHIRE

bloody hell,it is getting rather heated in here tonight!,me thinks someone is doing just a tad more than a little stirring.

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Maybe its just I have read your posts before jane and there is more than a little resentment towards the Scots.

And on that note its goodbye from me as I think this thread has run its course as far as I am concerned."

Goodbye from England.....

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"You might be surprised to learn just how many of us are living here in England.

Little known fact but CCTV really stands for 'Counter Caledonian TV'

You wouldn't have any TV if it weren't for us remember! John Logie Baird will be turning in his grave.

I've been here 61 years and no-ones twigged yet."

Don't think we haven't noticed you....you are on our records

Reply privately

over a year ago

No I didn't as I was too busy laughing at your terrible geography knowledge of your own country. I am a very positive person and always lighthearted on the forums so this will be my last on this thread and last reply to you.

It's a shame that you had to spoil the thread with your prejudice and poor attitude as the whole Scottish independence is an interesting one for British discussion. It's something that includes us all no matter which one of the home nations we are from, but also one that has no space for immature and nasty input.

Gnight xx

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"

Your posts have been anything but banter, even I am getting a bit fed up of you. "

That's because you take life far too serious maybe?....

Reply privately

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Aawww spread the love xxxxx

Reply privately

By *atisfy janeWoman
over a year ago

Torquay

"Aawww spread the love xxxxx"

Amen to that!

Reply privately

over a year ago

English

For it, IF the majority of those within wherever the border is drawn get a fair vote, and a further option to relocate if they vote no and it happens anyway. Shall we say 5 years of assisted house swaps to resettle the populations... lets face it there are many England Born and Bred who claim to be Scots, and many Scots born and bred who claim to be British.

To allow anyone to vote who does not currently live in the area to be declared independant would be just as wrong as refusing a vote to any that do live there.

Reply privately

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 15/01/12 01:14:29]

Reply privately