Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

When things go wrong

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

When things go wrong what do you do? I mean when just about everything that can go wrong does. When each day just seems to be harder the one before. What do you do?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Prioritise.

It's bloody hard I know.

Seek out support from those you trust, or even complete strangers.

By *irth.Minge.FireMan
over a year ago

Seen in far off places

Cry into my beer.

over a year ago

"When things go wrong what do you do? I mean when just about everything that can go wrong does. When each day just seems to be harder the one before. What do you do?"

The pendulum swings as left to right, and so does life. Up and down round and round. Heaven sent or hell bound. Remember when you hit the ground. There's only one way up. Pick your feet up from the dirt wipe your face and clean your eyes. keep on moving life waits for no man you're as happy as you choose to be happiness is literally a decision. A mind state. Don't view life through dubious eyes. Live laugh love, peace love prosper.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Have a different point of view. It’s not a case of things going wrong - they could be going right but just in a different way that you expected. Being flexible and adaptable can help.

over a year ago

Live to learn to love. Learn to love to live. Love to live to learn so that you may live the life that you yearn

over a year ago

Thanks x

over a year ago

Eat copious amounts of junk food and pray for that impending coronary.

By *illy_the_tvTV/TS
over a year ago

hoorn, Netherlands

Awkward moonwalk away

By *uke olovingmanMan
over a year ago

Gravesend

"Prioritise.

It's bloody hard I know.

Seek out support from those you trust, or even complete strangers."

this

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Now and again life knocks you down and every time you start to get back up it knocks you down again. All you can do is as advised above prioritise the most urgent stuff and hang on to the fact that things will get better.

over a year ago

I’m a firm believer in, if you can change things, then change them. If you can’t? Then what will be wil be. No point stressing of you can’t effect the outcome, just deal with it and move on.

over a year ago

Things don't normally get to me. I am more of a relaxed person. Just lately I feel like someone is trying to take the biscuit. Between things at home going wrong, lossing my job and my tosser of an ex messing my kids around. I can put up with just about anything but to see their little faces every time he lets them down.

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"Things don't normally get to me. I am more of a relaxed person. Just lately I feel like someone is trying to take the biscuit. Between things at home going wrong, lossing my job and my tosser of an ex messing my kids around. I can put up with just about anything but to see their little faces every time he lets them down. "

Been there with the ex. Always have a back up plan. Assume he isn't going to turn up and have something nice you can do with them, even if it's just colouring in together or watching a movie on the sofa.

It's shit, I know.Hug of support for you.

over a year ago

"Things don't normally get to me. I am more of a relaxed person. Just lately I feel like someone is trying to take the biscuit. Between things at home going wrong, lossing my job and my tosser of an ex messing my kids around. I can put up with just about anything but to see their little faces every time he lets them down.

Been there with the ex. Always have a back up plan. Assume he isn't going to turn up and have something nice you can do with them, even if it's just colouring in together or watching a movie on the sofa.

It's shit, I know.Hug of support for you."

Aww thanks x

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 12/01/19 09:30:33]

By *r undecidedMan
over a year ago

Earth

Life's not about how many times you get knocked down but about the times you get back up

over a year ago

I deal with them and make them right.

over a year ago

"I deal with them and make them right."

If only it were that easy.

over a year ago

Take a deep breath and tackle it all one chunk at a time

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"Take a deep breath and tackle it all one chunk at a time "

Yep good advice, break it down into little bits and tackle the ones that you can first.

over a year ago

Put my head in the freezer door and slam it shut 8 times

By *an_LexaCouple
over a year ago

Sunderland

Always look for the small wins. There is always always something good in every day. Even if that is just a snuggle from your little ones, it’s yours and no one can take that away from you - enjoy and cherish the good times.

Learn from each mistake, never expect to put something right by doing the same thing over and over. If your ex keeps letting you and the kids down, be prepared with an alternative to cheer them up.

Lost job is a shitter, but use that time wisely, remind yourself it’s temporary setback and set yourself some positive small goals to make you, your kids and future together better.

Failing that, eat cake, put on loud music and dance about.

I do hope you move forward xx

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Anyway, when you’re down in the gutter, look at stars.

By *arnsley guy100Man
over a year ago

Sheffield

Make a desision... Whether its the right or wrong one doesn't matter, it can be tweaked further down the line..

over a year ago

when you down as low as you can go, think of yourself and do what is right for you.

life can be awful at time but what ever is worrying you can be got through no matter what the out come.

There will be friends and family out there who will help but the first step has to be from yourself.

By *layfullsamMan
over a year ago

Solihull

"When things go wrong what do you do? I mean when just about everything that can go wrong does. When each day just seems to be harder the one before. What do you do?"

Change nothing and nothing changes

over a year ago

"Always look for the small wins. There is always always something good in every day. Even if that is just a snuggle from your little ones, it’s yours and no one can take that away from you - enjoy and cherish the good times.

Learn from each mistake, never expect to put something right by doing the same thing over and over. If your ex keeps letting you and the kids down, be prepared with an alternative to cheer them up.

Lost job is a shitter, but use that time wisely, remind yourself it’s temporary setback and set yourself some positive small goals to make you, your kids and future together better.

Failing that, eat cake, put on loud music and dance about.

I do hope you move forward xx"

Loud music and dancing away my kids sounds perfect.

over a year ago

I throw a spectacular hissy fit, pick myself up, dust myself down and get on with life!

By *izzy.Woman
over a year ago

Stoke area

Some excellent advise and kind words above.

My latest thing is that I have got a jar and when I find myself smiling at something , maybe what the kids say, or a joke on tv. I write it on a notelet and pop it in the jar.

Or a write about why I am grateful, and put it in the jar. For example.. .I was feeling shit, put a post on fab and loads of people took the time to write a helpful message. So glad those people cared enough to post something .

On days when you feel low, empty the jar out and have a read.

If that fails, Stella and Maltesers or a good dance at a club might help. Xx

over a year ago

"Some excellent advise and kind words above.

My latest thing is that I have got a jar and when I find myself smiling at something , maybe what the kids say, or a joke on tv. I write it on a notelet and pop it in the jar.

Or a write about why I am grateful, and put it in the jar. For example.. .I was feeling shit, put a post on fab and loads of people took the time to write a helpful message. So glad those people cared enough to post something .

On days when you feel low, empty the jar out and have a read.

If that fails, Stella and Maltesers or a good dance at a club might help. Xx"

This sounds lovely

over a year ago

I have a mantra in life..

It's always ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

I remind myself of this often.

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

I do something that I know I'm good at; then I have a success, so something to feel possitive about.

over a year ago

"I do something that I know I'm good at; then I have a success, so something to feel possitive about."

This is a great idea

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

"I do something that I know I'm good at; then I have a success, so something to feel possitive about.

This is a great idea "

so OP, apart from looking super sexy, what are you good at? I'm good at fixing cars, skiing, cycling and a bit of spreadsheet design.

over a year ago

"I have a mantra in life..

It's always ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

I remind myself of this often.

"

I like this.

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

Laugh and learn

over a year ago

I look for the positive. There has to be one, no matter how small. It pisses off my friends.

over a year ago

If you get an answer that works do let me know

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

Just spent £265 on a 100 gallon water tank; can't get it into the loft as it's about 6" too long. The plumbers merchants want me to pay a 20% (£53) re-stocking get - really cheesed-off that I got my figures wrong.

I was feeling very negative about this but, after further research I discovered that it might be too heavy (when full); its replacing a 50 gallon tank - a near miss so, now feeling very positive.

Something good always can always come from something bad.

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

If something works smile... if it all goes tits up ... laugh in the face of it and try a different approach

By *ed-monkeyCouple
over a year ago

Hailsham

"Just spent £265 on a 100 gallon water tank; can't get it into the loft as it's about 6" too long. The plumbers merchants want me to pay a 20% (£53) re-stocking get - really cheesed-off that I got my figures wrong.

I was feeling very negative about this but, after further research I discovered that it might be too heavy (when full); its replacing a 50 gallon tank - a near miss so, now feeling very positive.

Something good always can always come from something bad."

Structural engineering is important

over a year ago

"I deal with them and make them right.

If only it were that easy. "

There is no other option for me.

By *wazuluMan
over a year ago

edinburgh

Will it matter a year from now? Get up brush yourself off....think of the good times yet to happen

over a year ago

Some things may take years to make right. Always tell yourself it will be alright eventually.

over a year ago

Walk away. Take a drink of water and go back 5 minutes later

over a year ago

This week as been that week that everything went wrong.

I cried and slept though most of it and hoping the next day would get better. Yesterday was the pants but woke up this morning and feel a lot better, even if the washing machine did flood.

Sending everyone hugs who is feeling really crap right now xxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

"I do something that I know I'm good at; then I have a success, so something to feel possitive about.

This is a great idea so OP, apart from looking super sexy, what are you good at? I'm good at fixing cars, skiing, cycling and a bit of spreadsheet design."

I'm good at reading, swimming, talking etc

over a year ago

"Things don't normally get to me. I am more of a relaxed person. Just lately I feel like someone is trying to take the biscuit. Between things at home going wrong, lossing my job and my tosser of an ex messing my kids around. I can put up with just about anything but to see their little faces every time he lets them down. "

Sorry to hear that. Doesnt matter what happens when a couple breaks up the kids shouldnt be affected. Really annoys me. I'm sure they have an amazing mum that loves them dearly.

over a year ago

"When things go wrong what do you do? I mean when just about everything that can go wrong does. When each day just seems to be harder the one before. What do you do?

I cried and slept though most of it and hoping the next day would get better. Yesterday was the pants but woke up this morning and feel a lot better, even if the washing machine did flood.

Sending everyone hugs who is feeling really crap right now xxxxxxxxx "

Hugs back for you. Hope next week is better. xxxxx

over a year ago

"When things go wrong what do you do? I mean when just about everything that can go wrong does. When each day just seems to be harder the one before. What do you do?

Sending everyone hugs who is feeling really crap right now xxxxxxxxx

Hugs back for you. Hope next week is better. xxxxx"

Thank you xxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

"Things don't normally get to me. I am more of a relaxed person. Just lately I feel like someone is trying to take the biscuit. Between things at home going wrong, lossing my job and my tosser of an ex messing my kids around. I can put up with just about anything but to see their little faces every time he lets them down.

Sorry to hear that. Doesnt matter what happens when a couple breaks up the kids shouldnt be affected. Really annoys me. I'm sure they have an amazing mum that loves them dearly. "

Its life I guess. He was meant to have them all this weekend. He didn't show up to collect them from the school yesterday and not heard a thing from him. Try explaining that to your kids. On the plus side my mum has taken the off for the day.

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

When things go wrong I deal with them , no problem x

over a year ago

Some great comments here. Things will improve again OP.

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

Remember when things were better and tell yourself you will feel like that again.

By *r TriomanMan
over a year ago

This is a great idea so OP, apart from looking super sexy, what are you good at? I'm good at fixing cars, skiing, cycling and a bit of spreadsheet design.

I'm good at reading, swimming, talking etc"

Let's read a book on swimming together then you can't talk me through the finer point of breast stroke

over a year ago

Sorry to hear that. Doesnt matter what happens when a couple breaks up the kids shouldnt be affected. Really annoys me. I'm sure they have an amazing mum that loves them dearly.

Its life I guess. He was meant to have them all this weekend. He didn't show up to collect them from the school yesterday and not heard a thing from him. Try explaining that to your kids. On the plus side my mum has taken the off for the day."

I wouldn't bother trying to explain it to them. Unless he's in hospital or something like that, there's no excuse for leaving them at school. Disgraceful behaviour. x

over a year ago

I had a particularly difficult year last year. My fried was my saviour and let me rant on the phone a lot. This year I aim to be much calmer and give myself quiet quality time through meditation and reading. The hard thing is to not feel one ounce of guilt being kind to yourself

over a year ago

Its life I guess. He was meant to have them all this weekend. He didn't show up to collect them from the school yesterday and not heard a thing from him. Try explaining that to your kids. On the plus side my mum has taken the off for the day.

I wouldn't bother trying to explain it to them. Unless he's in hospital or something like that, there's no excuse for leaving them at school. Disgraceful behaviour. x"

You're probably right

over a year ago

Thanks for all the lovely advice. Today had been better and I'm off with my mum tonight.

over a year ago

things have to go wrong to make up for when it all goes right ? Sometimes you have to feel down or how could you possibly appreciate the good times ?

over a year ago

Get on with it and do the best you can , life's hard you just need to weather the storm I'm afraid , what don't kill you makes you stronger ,

By *aughty But Nice TwiceWoman
over a year ago

Pontefract

I never worry about it because you can't un do it just look forward be positive and think tomorrow is another day life is what you make it so make it count xx I'm here if you need a chat xx

over a year ago

I never worry about it because you can't un do it just look forward be positive and think tomorrow is another day life is what you make it so make it count xx I'm here if you need a chat xx"

Thanks x

over a year ago

Happy to say I've got a new job

By *innie The MinxWoman
over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"Happy to say I've got a new job "

Excellent, well done you! That's great news lady.

over a year ago

I shut myself in and do things to get easy “wins” so that I can slowly turn my mental health positive again. So I tend to cook stuff and sing musical tunes, watch films read books and try to restore my positivity, then when I’m happy and cheered up I can emerge from hibernation

If your struggling with mental heath I don’t advise shutting yourself away though, talk to people and get the shit stuff out in the open

By *ulfilthmentMan
over a year ago

Just around the corner

"Seek out support from those you trust, or even complete strangers."

This works for me. It’s one of the reasons I love sites like this; there’s always someone who’s had a similar experience who can offer sensible advice (or at least what worked for them). And if that fails, there’s plenty to make smile even if only briefly.

By *ulfilthmentMan
over a year ago

Just around the corner

[Removed by poster at 25/01/19 09:39:42]

over a year ago

"Now and again life knocks you down and every time you start to get back up it knocks you down again. All you can do is as advised above prioritise the most urgent stuff and hang on to the fact that things will get better. "

This is good advice

You can only deal with one thing at a time.

Hugs x

over a year ago

"things have to go wrong to make up for when it all goes right ? Sometimes you have to feel down or how could you possibly appreciate the good times ? "

I love this.

over a year ago

Yay!!

By *arbellsWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

Congratulations. Keep pushing onwards & upwards! X

over a year ago

Thanks guys and gals

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Thanks guys and gals "

Oops!! Did you mean to post this from the bangul8er profile not the noturwife one?

By *ustyWoman
over a year ago

inverclyde

To the OP....keep chin up you can be strong been there done it all got the t shirt as they say. I am stronger now than I ever was sending hugs to you xx

over a year ago

"Thanks guys and gals

Oops!! Did you mean to post this from the bangul8er profile not the noturwife one? "

Meant to post it on all about him

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"Thanks guys and gals

Oops!! Did you mean to post this from the bangul8er profile not the noturwife one?

Meant to post it on all about him "

Ah of course

over a year ago

Ha ha ha see what happens when you have multiple profiles.

By *aughty But Nice TwiceWoman
over a year ago

Pontefract

Grats hun hope your enjoying it I just passed my 3 month probation period so know I'm secure for life now with work as it's a big company xx

By *tirluvMan
over a year ago

the right frame of mind -London

Faf

Post new Message to Thread