Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

OMG!

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
Forum Mod

over a year ago

I have just seen the most extraordinary thing........We live in a town but a falcon has just killed a dove in our garden left feathers all over the place and flown off with it

It was amazing

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

You have a blood lust now?

By *isterPepperMan
over a year ago

Central Swindon

"I have just seen the most extraordinary thing........We live in a town but a falcon has just killed a dove in our garden left feathers all over the place and flown off with it It was amazing "
Cool!

By *rank_SimoneCouple
over a year ago

Bideford

Bloody RAF .... they fly too low sometimes lol

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

wow wish i'd been there with my camera !

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"wow wish i'd been there with my camera !"

We could'nt believe what we were seeing, did'nt have time to even think about taking a pic

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"wow wish i'd been there with my camera !

We could'nt believe what we were seeing, did'nt have time to even think about taking a pic "

Can you send it up here to sort out the flippin' pigeons terrorising the smaller birds in my garden - hate them - rats with wings!

By *prite128Woman
over a year ago

maidstone

"wow wish i'd been there with my camera !

We could'nt believe what we were seeing, did'nt have time to even think about taking a pic "

realistically thats the problem ...friend of mine from the camera group i belong to saw a similar thing and said it was over by the time he said "look at that " let alone get his camera out!!

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

i often go up onto the moors around manchester and watch the birds of prey up there, and the feathered kind are quite amazing to at times lol

By *j_markCouple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I have just seen the most extraordinary thing........We live in a town but a falcon has just killed a dove in our garden left feathers all over the place and flown off with it

It was amazing "

We saw exact same thing just along the road from where we live on the pavement! A sparrowhawk sitting on a pigeon taking big chunks out of it, surrounded by feathers!

Amazing sight

Admin x

over a year ago

"I have just seen the most extraordinary thing........We live in a town but a falcon has just killed a dove in our garden left feathers all over the place and flown off with it

It was amazing

We saw exact same thing just along the road from where we live on the pavement! A sparrowhawk sitting on a pigeon taking big chunks out of it, surrounded by feathers!

Amazing sight

Admin x "

Aw admin welcome to the forums..do u come here often

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

It is an incredible sight, many a time I nearly crash whilst peering up at a bird - oh sorry - wrong thread!

over a year ago

"It is an incredible sight, many a time I nearly crash whilst peering up at a bird - oh sorry - wrong thread!"

Lol why r u really an ant or do birds around ur end fly

Forum Mod

over a year ago

Its back and it was perched on a patio chair!

Im officially on bird watch now..........bet I never see it again though

over a year ago

poor wee dove me says....

bless em ..

bad hawk , bad hawk..

well thats the hawk told.......

good behaviour restored lol

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"poor wee dove me says....

bless em ..

bad hawk , bad hawk..

good behaviour restored lol "

Its the circle of life

Sad but unavoidable..........and now I have an Elton John song in my head for the afternoon xxx

over a year ago

"poor wee dove me says....

bless em ..

bad hawk , bad hawk..

good behaviour restored lol

Its the circle of life

Sad but unavoidable..........and now I have an Elton John song in my head for the afternoon xxx"

aye yu are right....

will remember and hum that tune when the shark gobbles me up when surfing off the coast of Oz lol

xxxxxxxxx

over a year ago

It was amazing "

Hey the very same thing happened to me a few weeks back. I heard a constant loud chirping and when i looked out onto the lawn a mother bird was diving at a large hawk who was eating a chick. Later when i went out all that was left was feathers....nothing else at all. And damn me but about a week later the same hawk was on the lawn again puffing out it's chest and wings. It's not been back since but what a great site it was...maybe it's the same bird lol

over a year ago

Living out in the sticks you think you'd get used to that kind of thing, but you never do.

I saw a Barn Owl flying along a ditch the other day. I slowed the car right down, and drove along with this huge bird flying along just feet from me. Amazing that it wasn't spooked by the car.

I did really well there, and managed to avoid a big bird in a dyke pun

Forum Mod

over a year ago

hahaha well done arclight

On sunday on the way to Chams we saw a badger a deer and a squirrel.........all dead in the road though

just felt I had to share that with you all

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

"Living out in the sticks you think you'd get used to that kind of thing, but you never do.

I saw a Barn Owl flying along a ditch the other day. I slowed the car right down, and drove along with this huge bird flying along just feet from me. Amazing that it wasn't spooked by the car.

I did really well there, and managed to avoid a big bird in a dyke pun "

We have Barn Owls nesting in the roof of our stables, they come out at dawn and dusk and are just so majestic. Also get the occassional Deer in the field too absolutely facinating to watch the wild life round here.

over a year ago

Don't get any deer here My house backs onto corn fields. See the occasional fox, and thats it.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"Living out in the sticks you think you'd get used to that kind of thing, but you never do.

I did really well there, and managed to avoid a big bird in a dyke pun

We have Barn Owls nesting in the roof of our stables, they come out at dawn and dusk and are just so majestic. Also get the occassional Deer in the field too absolutely facinating to watch the wild life round here."

You are so lucky...that must be lovely

By *andKCouple
over a year ago

Norfolk

I suppose our most unusual visitor is our green woodpecker but not seen him for a week or two now, hope the cats haven't got him

over a year ago

"I suppose our most unusual visitor is our green woodpecker but not seen him for a week or two now, hope the cats haven't got him"

Mostly i see urban foxes but if i drive out a little i see badgers, the odd owl, weasels and anything else you can think of from the Wind in the Willows!

Back in town all we see are chavs...they usually come out in packs at night and make loud stupid noises! and

Post new Message to Thread