Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Fit & Healthy 2019

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Share your aims, goals for getting fitter or losing weight.

Maybe you've already achieved what you want to, so feel free to share how well you've done already. And if you're struggling we can encourage each other too.

I've put on a bit of weight as I’m still suffering knee pain and I’ve over indulged over the festive period. I’m back on a low carb diet, one of my best presents was a low carb slow cooker recipe book.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *r and Mrs A HornyCouple
over a year ago

coventry

Well we both want to get fitter and healthier this year. I’m doing couple of ocr/ ultras for charity and running to work and back each day to train. With a target of 365miles in January.

S she start the gym again may join her in feb. Swimming lots too.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I’ve been greedy in more ways than one and need to get back to the gym and on the diet to loose the excess pounds! Perhaps I’ll just have to eat more cock and pussycto stop me reaching for the food! Lol

over a year ago

coventry

"Share your aims, goals for getting fitter or losing weight.

Maybe you've already achieved what you want to, so feel free to share how well you've done already. And if you're struggling we can encourage each other too.

I've put on a bit of weight as I’m still suffering knee pain and I’ve over indulged over the festive period. I’m back on a low carb diet, one of my best presents was a low carb slow cooker recipe book. "

Ps we all do over the festival period. We happy to try help as we know what it like. Xx

over a year ago

I joined a gym in April last year , after trying various diets , various sports , various dvds , running , netball being my last one which I loved but injured myself then having to have two knee operations . I was out of action for a while then tried the netball again but didn't feel confident in the strength of my knee anymore and being self employed I couldn't risk getting injured again and not being able to work . I absolutely love this gym it's so different to anything I've done before , it's more lifting weights with small amounts of cardio . It's really friendly and competitive but in a fun way . Good luck with getting fitter and stronger. I eat what I want now , don't weigh myself, drink when I want but train 6 times a week and it's the best thing I've ever done and stuck too xx

By *_Yeah19Couple
over a year ago

Lincoln

Just get to the gym more regularly really, I’ve had the food side sorted for 2 years pretty much so just need to try and get the weights more consistent.

And likely build up my stamina before my big birthday sexy party in the summer

TB

over a year ago

coventry

"I joined a gym in April last year , after trying various diets , various sports , various dvds , running , netball being my last one which I loved but injured myself then having to have two knee operations . I was out of action for a while then tried the netball again but didn't feel confident in the strength of my knee anymore and being self employed I couldn't risk getting injured again and not being able to work . I absolutely love this gym it's so different to anything I've done before , it's more lifting weights with small amounts of cardio . It's really friendly and competitive but in a fun way . Good luck with getting fitter and stronger. I eat what I want now , don't weigh myself, drink when I want but train 6 times a week and it's the best thing I've ever done and stuck too xx"

We think that the best train hard, eat what you want. Xx

over a year ago

I hope to lose a few dress sizes this year.

The excess is getting out of control and it's not just at Christmas that I overindulged last year

I've been on so many diets and lost weight but have never kept it off.

So I'm approaching it differently this time.

I'm not going to obsess about the scales start with.

I know what healthy food choices to make and what portion sizes to have - I just need to apply the information!

And the wine drinking has to stop

I'm already quite active - but if and when I hit a plateau I will ramp up the exercise - more cycling and may even join a gym.

I'm not sure about the gym - I'm not keen on other people

over a year ago

"Share your aims, goals for getting fitter or losing weight.

I've put on a bit of weight as I’m still suffering knee pain and I’ve over indulged over the festive period. I’m back on a low carb diet, one of my best presents was a low carb slow cooker recipe book. "

New year's Eve I put all my dinner plates away and we are now eating off 9" plates, the size dinner plates were in the 60's-70's.

By *naswingdressWoman
over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I gained a lot of weight several years ago due to a medication I was on. I've been getting fitter, but most of the weight wasn't shifting. I injured myself last year, very seriously. Something about that has given me new focus. I've probably never been fitter or stronger in my life. And the weight is coming. It's not so much a priority anymore, though, as I'm much more focused on regaining physical ability and reducing pain from remaining damage.

It's... not a course of action I'd recommend.

over a year ago

I would like to get back to 12 stone shredded

By *ablo minibar123Woman
over a year ago

My goal is to lose 2 stone but realistically I'd be very happy with even just 1.

over a year ago

I would like to put a little bit of weight on, being type one diabetic it's hard to keep it. Also to get back my 6 pack, I currently have a five pack..doh..x

over a year ago

coventry

So how we all getting on so far ??

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I want to shift 7 stone by this time next year.

I know I can do it. Before my relationship issues started I was only 2stone from target... now 7 again.

My aim is a stone by the end of January... 2 and a half down by end of March and the rest by new year 2020

over a year ago

Walked 9 miles yesterday over the toughest part of the coast path... feeling like an old mountain goat this morning but will do a 7 miler

over a year ago

"I want to shift 7 stone by this time next year.

I know I can do it. Before my relationship issues started I was only 2stone from target... now 7 again.

My aim is a stone by the end of January... 2 and a half down by end of March and the rest by new year 2020 "

Try 1/2 a stone (7lbs) a month then its easier to keep off!

By *eplicant JoWoman
over a year ago

Sussex countryside

I have been walking on the treadmill, stretches, squats and sit ups. Only just been discharged from physio, so have to take it easy for a while.

over a year ago

Mine is to bench press 100kg for 5 reps.

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

I was 4 stone overweight for 10 years. Even though I carried it well, I was always unhappy with my body and avoided mirrors, shopping for clothes, etc. I was very fit and sporty when I was younger. I married an athlete- sport and fitness was one of the things that brought us together. I do have to credit him by saying that he tried, he tried very hard to get me back into exercise and losing weight. I refused and went into “If you love me you have to love me no matter what I look like...”

It took the shock of finding out he was having an affair to give me the kick up the bum that I needed. I lost 5kg in a week from the shock and grief. Decided to make the most of it. Got into a fitness and health drive, lost 4 stone and snapped back into my fit and sporty body- bearing a few motherhood scars such as a mummy tumny of course.

I’ve kept the weight off and my figure for a year now. Fitness is my lifestyle now... looking to pursue a career in personal training!

Off for a 10k run as soon as I finish my coffee...

By *viatrixWoman
over a year ago

Redhill

Sorry, forgot to post my goals...

Reach 58kg in weight (am 62kg at the moment)

Down to 25% body fat

Bring 5km parkrun time down to under 25 min. PB at present is 27.47

By *ittleMissCaliWoman
over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"I want to shift 7 stone by this time next year.

My aim is a stone by the end of January... 2 and a half down by end of March and the rest by new year 2020

Try 1/2 a stone (7lbs) a month then its easier to keep off! "

I've done 8lb since Christmas as it is. And it would have stayed off if not told the reason he cheated was the weight I'd lost. It went back on on purpose.

over a year ago

To get back to a level of fitness after surgery this week and get my knee sorted so I can be fit for rugby agian

over a year ago

I’m trying to put weight on for the new year! People don’t realise how difficult it is to put weight on, my aim for 2019 is to put a stone on and be more consistent in the gym.

What ever your goals are this year, stay focused and keep going your a legend in your own right.

By *ulfilthmentMan
over a year ago

Just around the corner

I’ve put on a bit of lumber at the end of last year. I’m planning on getting rid, starting as soon as I’ve got rid of this cold.

over a year ago

"I’m trying to put weight on for the new year! People don’t realise how difficult it is to put weight on, my aim for 2019 is to put a stone on and be more consistent in the gym.

"

I wish I had this problem

Mirror what I eat for a month and you'll put on a stone guaranteed

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I’m trying to put weight on for the new year! People don’t realise how difficult it is to put weight on, my aim for 2019 is to put a stone on and be more consistent in the gym.

What ever your goals are this year, stay focused and keep going your a legend in your own right. "

You will not be able to add a stone of muscle in one year x

over a year ago

What ever your goals are this year, stay focused and keep going your a legend in your own right.

You will not be able to add a stone of muscle in one year x"

No one can add a stone of muscle in one year!

I just want to put a stone on, I don’t care if it’s fat muscle, water mass etc I’m just aiming for that stone!

over a year ago

I'very not gained too much weight over Christmas but do feel a bit wobblier!

Getting stuck back into my pre-Christmas routine which involves fasting between 10pm- noon, eating a plant based diet, yoga twice per day, a 10 mile walk twice per week & drinking water & green teas only!

Doesn't take long to show & feel results but takes a while to stop craving grilled cheese on toast

over a year ago

My aim is to get rid of this belly and feel comfortable taking my top off.

So anyone with any good tips or healthy food recipes please share lol

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

I just want to put a stone on, I don’t care if it’s fat muscle, water mass etc I’m just aiming for that stone! "

Why would you want to add fat ?

Other than vanity it would serve you no benefit??

over a year ago

Recently cut out bread from my diet, and can say I have not felt this good for a long time.

I did try to cut out sugar but that failed so trying to slowly ween myself off that

Started drinking water almost exclusively, some herbal teas and the odd cheeky coffee or hot chocolate... This helped increase my activity per day from all that running to the bathroom because I'm now pissing like a race horse.

Now to just set out a more scheduled workout routine other than walking.

over a year ago

Pretty fit from cycling/mtb. But a lack of stretching has left me very inflexible. Goal for this year is to stretch more

By *ensualtouch15Man
over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Pretty fit from cycling/mtb. But a lack of stretching has left me very inflexible. Goal for this year is to stretch more"

The key to stretching is little and often x

over a year ago

I am going to put on more muscle mass

By *ommyxyzMan
over a year ago

harlow

I went to the gym lunch time so all the beer I’m drinking tonight doesn’t count!

over a year ago

Lose a bit of weight, not by any faddy diets but just through healthy eating, work on my mummy tummy and get my running back up to 10km distance.

over a year ago

Get stronger without gaining weight so I stated in my weight class. Bloody hard work.

over a year ago

On form so far......

over a year ago

"Pretty fit from cycling/mtb. But a lack of stretching has left me very inflexible. Goal for this year is to stretch more

The key to stretching is little and often x"

By *ommyxyzMan
over a year ago

harlow

"Lose a bit of weight, not by any faddy diets but just through healthy eating, work on my mummy tummy and get my running back up to 10km distance. "

You won’t win any prizes skinny!

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Go to the gym again. I still haven’t been. Too much other stuff to do.

By *hatYorkLadMan
over a year ago

York

I'm pretty fit anyway but this year I want to get my 1.5 mile run time back down to 10 minutes or under (currently about 10:40) and I want to keep on steadily gaining muscle whilst keeping lean. Obviously the two go against each other a bit as the more muscle I put on the heavier I get which makes running harder, but I like a challenge

over a year ago

"Mine is to bench press 100kg for 5 reps."

And there I was feeling pleased with pressing the 6kg dumbbells instead of the 5’s for the first time without nearly knocking myself out yesterday

All going ok here OP, I want to drop a dress-size by May - around a stone in weight I think. I’m 4lbs down since Boxing Day so I’m happy enough

Mrs F x

over a year ago

I'd love to get my elusive sub 4 hour marathon this year. My times at at every other distance show it's definitely achievable but I've never got close

over a year ago

I’d like to put on a stone and a half.

over a year ago

I just want to put a stone on, I don’t care if it’s fat muscle, water mass etc I’m just aiming for that stone!

Why would you want to add fat ?

Other than vanity it would serve you no benefit?? "

Might keep me warm at night, it’s getting lonely these days lol

Literally pure vanity/self esteem reasons tbh sometime i feel depressed about my weight so I’m aiming for that stone

over a year ago

This year I plan on doing my second tough mudder, a half marathon and a park run in under 20 mins.

By *irestorm 500Couple
over a year ago

coventry

Joking my son at athletics training this week, he is a good sprinter but I am going to join the couch to 10km team x storm x

over a year ago

Not going to lie already struggling with this. I need some help

over a year ago

I like this post , I’m happy to provide anyone with some information on how to improve their health and even provide a few programmes to follow.

over a year ago

My pool will be full of the January club today

over a year ago

I (the guy) am trying to diet. Seriously think I’m the reason we don’t get much interest on here.

Hopefully with a slimmer body we might have more luck.

By *arbellsWoman
over a year ago

Cambridge

I've decided to make the leap from

Oly weightlifting to strongman...wish me luck

By *kyblue1878Couple
over a year ago

Southport

We have both booked two half Ironman events for July and August so it's training all the way until then with various sprint and olympic Tri events thrown in too. If they both go well then possibly a full distance Ironman late season. Got to have a goal !

over a year ago

Does a holiday count as a goal lol

Lose weight so i feel like i can take my top off

over a year ago

"I (the guy) am trying to diet. Seriously think I’m the reason we don’t get much interest on here.

Hopefully with a slimmer body we might have more luck."

Your interest level seems pretty high looking at your veri’s!

You both look good on your pics to me.. but good luck with it if that’s what you want to do

Mrs F x

over a year ago

coventry

"I've decided to make the leap from

Oly weightlifting to strongman...wish me luck "

Good luck xx

over a year ago

coventry

So how we all getting on I doing my running challenge think I’m 127 miles so a bit behind best get more miles this week to hit my 365 miles in January

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

"Go to the gym again. I still haven’t been. Too much other stuff to do. "
ditto - I need a motivating gym buddy.

over a year ago

Walked 9.5 miles yesterday ... and going to do my yoga in a bit! All is good

over a year ago

"So how we all getting on I doing my running challenge think I’m 127 miles so a bit behind best get more miles this week to hit my 365 miles in January "

That sounds like lots of miles.

I’ve started at hospital gym yesterday, doing knee exercises to strengthen it. Joined the everyday gym too. Induction on Saturday.

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

In June I had my hospital appointment I weighed 90 kilos and my cholesterol was 4.8 my workouts consisted of walking on a treadmill incline 20-30 minutes and bike 20 minutes.I than cut out the treadmill and did bike and weights as I was advised I could lose weight through weight training.In December I had my 2nd Hospital appointment I weighed 94 kilos but my cholesterol went down to 4.0 I know that cholesterol is not weight related but Doctor’s always seem to advise regular exercise helps.I saw my GP on 7th January as the hospital seem concerned about my weight gain and the advice was go back to cardio workouts.I goal for 2019 is to get to under 90 kilos and keep it off then aim for 85 kilos and keep it off hopefully through cardio and diet I can do it.

over a year ago

Pack on as much muscle as humanly possible, then drop fat in 2020

over a year ago

I've never felt better this year. Feel fit and i got my body to how I want it almost. Muscle but not too much just got a bit of moobs to get rid of.

over a year ago

My goal is to go to the gym at least once before the end of january.

I dont think its gonna happen though

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"In June I had my hospital appointment I weighed 90 kilos and my cholesterol was 4.8 my workouts consisted of walking on a treadmill incline 20-30 minutes and bike 20 minutes.I than cut out the treadmill and did bike and weights as I was advised I could lose weight through weight training.In December I had my 2nd Hospital appointment I weighed 94 kilos but my cholesterol went down to 4.0 I know that cholesterol is not weight related but Doctor’s always seem to advise regular exercise helps.I saw my GP on 7th January as the hospital seem concerned about my weight gain and the advice was go back to cardio workouts.I goal for 2019 is to get to under 90 kilos and keep it off then aim for 85 kilos and keep it off hopefully through cardio and diet I can do it."

The 4kg gain could have muscle if you'd starting lifting weights.

Did they weigh you using standard scales or a body scanner?

Basically, muscle uses more calories so stopping the weights & loosing that mass could slow your overall weightloss

You need to be focusing on dropping body fat, not muscle.

When I lost weight I dropped to 12st, I then put almost 2 back in muscle but I'm a dress size smaller than at 12st.

Focus on body composition not weight loss.

By *os19Man
over a year ago

Edmonton

"In June I had my hospital appointment I weighed 90 kilos and my cholesterol was 4.8 my workouts consisted of walking on a treadmill incline 20-30 minutes and bike 20 minutes.I than cut out the treadmill and did bike and weights as I was advised I could lose weight through weight training.In December I had my 2nd Hospital appointment I weighed 94 kilos but my cholesterol went down to 4.0 I know that cholesterol is not weight related but Doctor’s always seem to advise regular exercise helps.I saw my GP on 7th January as the hospital seem concerned about my weight gain and the advice was go back to cardio workouts.I goal for 2019 is to get to under 90 kilos and keep it off then aim for 85 kilos and keep it off hopefully through cardio and diet I can do it.

The 4kg gain could have muscle if you'd starting lifting weights.

Did they weigh you using standard scales or a body scanner?

Basically, muscle uses more calories so stopping the weights & loosing that mass could slow your overall weightloss

You need to be focusing on dropping body fat, not muscle.

When I lost weight I dropped to 12st, I then put almost 2 back in muscle but I'm a dress size smaller than at 12st.

Focus on body composition not weight loss. "

. The hospital weighed me using standard digital scales when I saw my GP he weighed me using standard non digital scales I was 92.5.Most of the 4 Kilos I would say is muscle as my arms are thicker and although naturally broad should seem to be more broader now.The one thing I know I have to do is 3-4 times a week gym 40-50 minutes no problem with that straight after work gym is 5-10 walk no excuses.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

" The hospital weighed me using standard digital scales when I saw my GP he weighed me using standard non digital scales I was 92.5.Most of the 4 Kilos I would say is muscle as my arms are thicker and although naturally broad should seem to be more broader now.The one thing I know I have to do is 3-4 times a week gym 40-50 minutes no problem with that straight after work gym is 5-10 walk no excuses."

Well done for keeping it up.

I would definitely recommend getting yourself measured on a scanner.

I really don't understand why in this day & age medical professionals don't use them.

Weight is just a number, you could be 90kg, 40% body fat & unhealthy or 90kg, -20% body fat & fit as a fiddle.

I take GP referrals & use Tanita scanners to measure my clients, they give 11 readings

I tell them all we are not focusing on weight loss, it's their body composition that matters.

over a year ago

My goal is to weight 76.5kg by the end of June.

Started at 69.5kg, currently at 71.7kg.

over a year ago

I'm being crap!

I've cut down a little bit - and have started doing Fitbit challenges - but I just walked to get a big fat breakfast

over a year ago

"I'm being crap!

I've cut down a little bit - and have started doing Fitbit challenges - but I just walked to get a big fat breakfast

"

If you're on a diet... don't buy it!

over a year ago

"I'm being crap!

If you're on a diet... don't buy it! "

I know - I'm weak

over a year ago

"I'm being crap!

If you're on a diet... don't buy it!

I know - I'm weak

"

It is so hard to stop temptation when you have chocolate in yhe fridge or ice cream in the freezer! Just don't buy fatty stuff while you're on a diet. If it's not there you can't have it

over a year ago

coventry

I try fitness like sweat coins, running heroes really good challenges to keep you going, I’m at the last week of my challenge for charity. Feeling great lost 4kg so far. Hopefully your all getting there remember if you finding hard keep it up your get there first 6 weeks is hardest.

over a year ago

Enjoying the gym, hoping it’ll strengthen my knee. Everyone seems friendly there and I’m feeling better for it.

Hope everyone else is still doing ok.

over a year ago

" The hospital weighed me using standard digital scales when I saw my GP he weighed me using standard non digital scales I was 92.5.Most of the 4 Kilos I would say is muscle as my arms are thicker and although naturally broad should seem to be more broader now.The one thing I know I have to do is 3-4 times a week gym 40-50 minutes no problem with that straight after work gym is 5-10 walk no excuses.

Well done for keeping it up.

I would definitely recommend getting yourself measured on a scanner.

I really don't understand why in this day & age medical professionals don't use them.

Weight is just a number, you could be 90kg, 40% body fat & unhealthy or 90kg, -20% body fat & fit as a fiddle.

I take GP referrals & use Tanita scanners to measure my clients, they give 11 readings

I tell them all we are not focusing on weight loss, it's their body composition that matters.

"

Medical professionals dont use those scanners as they are wildly inaccurate and the results very easily changed by things like hydration level.

So people with medical conditions making them outside the normal ranges the machine is calibrated for theyre kind of useless and dangerously miss leading.

Calipers would make more sense but its time consuming.

over a year ago

coventry

"Enjoying the gym, hoping it’ll strengthen my knee. Everyone seems friendly there and I’m feeling better for it.

Hope everyone else is still doing ok. "

Get there nearly finished my charity running challenge 365 miles in a month as a bear was hard work

Post new Message to Thread