Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

blind meets

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Anyone met someone without seeing a pic of them before hand?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

No...

over a year ago

No way never ever not in a million squillion years

over a year ago

So you have never spoken to someone where you have got along so well, that it really didnt matter what they looked like?

You just know you will like them.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

We hav'nt either

Although if you speak to some on here they will say that pics mean nothing when you actually meet the people

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

No - no way - even when you've seen pics you still struggle to recognise people sometimes! It's that 10 year old pic thing!

over a year ago

Hmmmm ok, just thought i would ask.

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

Yes....I did......and had the MOST AMAZING NIGHT EVER...and have met him several times since and hopefully will carry on meeting him from time to time in the furture

xxmwahxx to you Babes...you know who you are

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

yes i have and they turned out to be the person i saw in my head when chatting to them ....

over a year ago

"So you have never spoken to someone where you have got along so well, that it really didnt matter what they looked like?

You just know you will like them."

Well yes you might get on with someone by phone really well and are attracted to them but, for me anyway, there has to be a physical attraction too so why leave it to chance to find out there isn't one when you meet face to face

Forum Mod

over a year ago

It could be interesting though if as you say you have been chatting with someone for ages and you just know you like them.....why not give it a go and see if your instinct was right?

No-one says you have to do anything other than meet them so it could be a good experiment

over a year ago

"So you have never spoken to someone where you have got along so well, that it really didnt matter what they looked like?

You just know you will like them.Well yes you might get on with someone by phone really well and are attracted to them but, for me anyway, there has to be a physical attraction too so why leave it to chance to find out there isn't one when you meet face to face "

But then dont you just leave out the sex and become friends instead???

You can still say no lol

By *isterPepperMan
over a year ago

Central Swindon

I'd meet someone like that in a pub, or other social setting, with absolutely no guarantees of anything going further, 'cos then it's just like, well, meeting someone in a pub!

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

You just know you will like them.Well yes you might get on with someone by phone really well and are attracted to them but, for me anyway, there has to be a physical attraction too so why leave it to chance to find out there isn't one when you meet face to face "

Yes, I agree - and I must admit that I did come across as shallow earlier but there has to be attraction and it isn't about if they're good looking or anything ( we're hardly Brad and Angelina) but - just like to see who we're chatting to before any more plans made!

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

well I've alsomet guy where I've found their photos very attractive...but then when we've met they look totally different....or there's just been no spark....so in my opinion there's never any guarantees...it's always chance, lol

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

You just know you will like them.Well yes you might get on with someone by phone really well and are attracted to them but, for me anyway, there has to be a physical attraction too so why leave it to chance to find out there isn't one when you meet face to face

well I've alsomet guy where I've found their photos very attractive...but then when we've met they look totally different....or there's just been no spark....so in my opinion there's never any guarantees...it's always chance, lol"

Definitely - you can't tell at all till you meet!

over a year ago

You just know you will like them."

Kinda yes but in a different way. Have been people I have spoken to before seeing a pic, and then seen a pic later after thinking they were nice, but never met blind...

over a year ago

interesting.

Forum Mod

over a year ago

You can chat to someone and see great pics and think you get on well but I prefer to look someone straight in the eye to get a feel about them

By *ouvakMan
over a year ago

clacton on sea

i meet someone without seeing a picture of her, and wow what a surprise, stunning and sensual, and hell it was lust at first sight,

over a year ago

"You can chat to someone and see great pics and think you get on well but I prefer to look someone straight in the eye to get a feel about them

"

you want to check out the glazed medicated look lol

By *leasureDomeMan
over a year ago

all over the place

You just know you will like them.Well yes you might get on with someone by phone really well and are attracted to them but, for me anyway, there has to be a physical attraction too so why leave it to chance to find out there isn't one when you meet face to face

well I've alsomet guy where I've found their photos very attractive...but then when we've met they look totally different....or there's just been no spark....so in my opinion there's never any guarantees...it's always chance, lol"

totally agree chez pheromone input is so important ,and pics are 2 d

Forum Mod

over a year ago

"You can chat to someone and see great pics and think you get on well but I prefer to look someone straight in the eye to get a feel about them

you want to check out the glazed medicated look lol"

I shine my little light into their eyes to check for pupil reaction....ask true I did it to her pmsl

over a year ago

you want to check out the glazed medicated look lol

I shine my little light into their eyes to check for pupil reaction....ask true I did it to her pmsl "

lmao.x

By *ebzStarWoman
over a year ago

Notting

"Anyone met someone without seeing a pic of them before hand?

"

Yep - a few years ago i put an ad in the local paper - and get rather a few dates out of it before seeing one of em regular.

It was great fun, cos you would speak on the phone and decide if you got on or not, and then arrange to meet.

The thrill of the unknown going to meet them, not knowing what they look like and the first impression of looks in then in the flesh, not some scabby/prof photo that isnt the real them.

It is nice to see if there will be attraction first - but photo's dont always show that.

over a year ago

"

Yes......... Mistake!

Mentioned it before...

She was Hyacinth Bucket.. and he had one eye lookin at ya and the other lookin for ya...

Never again... Nope no way

over a year ago

Yes......... Mistake!

Mentioned it before...

She was Hyacinth Bucket.. and he had one eye lookin at ya and the other lookin for ya...

Never again... Nope no way "

he has eyes like my nipples!

over a year ago

Yep is my answer to the question

over a year ago

Yes......... Mistake!

Mentioned it before...

he has eyes like my nipples! "

I can't imagine your nips being creepy and sleezy...

over a year ago

Yes......... Mistake!

Mentioned it before...

he has eyes like my nipples!

I can't imagine your nips being creepy and sleezy... "

ummm nope, just one looking at you and one looking for you lol...gravity is a cruel thing

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"Yep is my answer to the question "

How did it go?

over a year ago

"Yep is my answer to the question

How did it go? "

Very well got to know him well b4 we arranged to meet, liked his humour and everything the meeting was a bonus

By *rank_SimoneCouple
over a year ago

Bideford

Not a blind meet as we saw their pictures, but they were at least 10 to 15 years old.

So they looked nothing like we were expecting, so it was worse than a blind date, and the evening was a wash out aswell, but thats a different story.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"Not a blind meet as we saw their pictures, but they were at least 10 to 15 years old.

So they looked nothing like we were expecting, so it was worse than a blind date, and the evening was a wash out aswell, but thats a different story."

Ah well, had a couple of those - you've just got to laugh! Did they think you wouldn't notice?

over a year ago

"Not a blind meet as we saw their pictures, but they were at least 10 to 15 years old.

So they looked nothing like we were expecting, so it was worse than a blind date, and the evening was a wash out aswell, but thats a different story."

WOT they were only 10 or 15 years old

By *rank_SimoneCouple
over a year ago

Bideford

While on the subject of blind meets, friends of ours have actually met a couple were the female was blind.

They said it was a different experience.

Knowing my luck I would end up with the dog.

By *rank_SimoneCouple
over a year ago

Bideford

So they looked nothing like we were expecting, so it was worse than a blind date, and the evening was a wash out aswell, but thats a different story.

WOT they were only 10 or 15 years old "

No the pictures were 10 to 15 years old

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"While on the subject of blind meets, friends of ours have actually met a couple were the female was blind.

They said it was a different experience.

Knowing my luck I would end up with the dog. "

Oh, there's not a lot wrong with a nice golden retreiver!

By *rank_SimoneCouple
over a year ago

Bideford

Ah well, had a couple of those - you've just got to laugh! Did they think you wouldn't notice?"

Obviously ...... we ain't models but we ain't desperate either ... well not yet lol

over a year ago

Yes, we have, but only socially.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Ah well, had a couple of those - you've just got to laugh! Did they think you wouldn't notice?

Obviously ...... we ain't models but we ain't desperate either ... well not yet lol"

I know exactly what you mean!! I'm giving myself another good 12 months at least!

By *rank_SimoneCouple
over a year ago

Bideford

Obviously ...... we ain't models but we ain't desperate either ... well not yet lol

I know exactly what you mean!! I'm giving myself another good 12 months at least!"

Thinks you have much more than 12 months ....

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

I know exactly what you mean!! I'm giving myself another good 12 months at least!

Thinks you have much more than 12 months ...."

Aw, thanks - wasn't joking about the retreiver though - is it me? Do i need more therapy?

over a year ago

WOT they were only 10 or 15 years old

No the pictures were 10 to 15 years old "

Lol sorry just put my gigs on and read it again

By *rank_SimoneCouple
over a year ago

Bideford

Aw, thanks - wasn't joking about the retreiver though - is it me? Do i need more therapy?"

Thats ruff ... how low can you get

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Aw, thanks - wasn't joking about the retreiver though - is it me? Do i need more therapy?

Thats ruff ... how low can you get "

Lol - well my joints aren't what they used to be - I'd need to draw the line at a dashcund!

By *rank_SimoneCouple
over a year ago

Bideford

Thats ruff ... how low can you get

Lol - well my joints aren't what they used to be - I'd need to draw the line at a dashcund!"

Cant beat a good sausage or hot dog

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"

Should have asked earlier, are you thinking of doing this? Seems to have worked for some people!

over a year ago

Should have asked earlier, are you thinking of doing this? Seems to have worked for some people!"

I have done it once before and would do it again. I think by the time i get to meet people i know them fairly well, so even if sexually there are no sparks, you still know you will have a great time with good company and come away with a friend.

If sparks fly it is an added bonus.x

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

Should have asked earlier, are you thinking of doing this? Seems to have worked for some people!

I have done it once before and would do it again. I think by the time i get to meet people i know them fairly well, so even if sexually there are no sparks, you still know you will have a great time with good company and come away with a friend.

If sparks fly it is an added bonus.x"

Do you know, I may have to do a complete about turn on my initial reaction which was 'no way' - I've never taken the time to look at this from another angle!

over a year ago

I think your reaction was actually the general consensus. It was interesting to see people reactions.

Sex is an added bonus, meeting and making new friends who share the same hobby is also as good.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"I think your reaction was actually the general consensus. It was interesting to see people reactions.

Sex is an added bonus, meeting and making new friends who share the same hobby is also as good. "

Got to agree there and it isn't easy for me to see the other side of the coin but enjoyed this thread - interesting responses and experiences -

over a year ago

Me too - Hmmm got me thinking now - a blind meet could be such a thrill

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple
over a year ago

Bolton

"Me too - Hmmm got me thinking now - a blind meet could be such a thrill "

lol - this time next week we'll all be here with our varying 'blind' meeting experiences!

By *heekychezzaWoman
over a year ago

warrington

well I don't consider mine totally blind...usually there has been a lot of communication first...either on here, on msn or the phone. You can usually tell if you're going to get on with someone....

over a year ago

"Me too - Hmmm got me thinking now - a blind meet could be such a thrill

lol - this time next week we'll all be here with our varying 'blind' meeting experiences!"

lol I ve got one tomorrow, but what fun if that thread starts lol. Oh and watch the horror stories that could arise lol

over a year ago

p.s I take no responsibility if there is a flurry of blind meets, nor the consequences that may arise from them lol

over a year ago

yep we have quite a few times but always in a bar first...always time to say no.

By *isterPepperMan
over a year ago

Central Swindon

"Not a blind meet as we saw their pictures, but they were at least 10 to 15 years old. So they looked nothing like we were expecting, so it was worse than a blind date, and the evening was a wash out aswell, but thats a different story. Ah well, had a couple of those - you've just got to laugh! Did they think you wouldn't notice? Obviously ...... we ain't models but we ain't desperate either ... well not yet lol I know exactly what you mean!! I'm giving myself another good 12 months at least! Thinks you have much more than 12 months .... Aw, thanks - wasn't joking about the retreiver though - is it me? Do i need more therapy?"
Depends what it's retrieving

By *isterPepperMan
over a year ago

Central Swindon

"yep we have quite a few times but always in a bar first...always time to say no."
My point exactly. Of course this couldn't work for a long distance meet.

Post new Message to Thread