Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Profile is hidden, new messages 3

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

So the profile is hidden and has been going on a few months now, before that it was just a profile with text but no pics, now I’ve not been on in a week yet today I’ve logged in and found 3 new messages from users I’ve never spoken to and don’t know me from socials etc and I’ve also got ten new winks some from folk I know, what I can’t understand is the how and why folk would message a profile that doesn’t appear in the searches and is hidden lol they haven’t even conversed in the forums with me ! Is it quite simply a case of verification stalking or what ?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"So the profile is hidden and has been going on a few months now, before that it was just a profile with text but no pics, now I’ve not been on in a week yet today I’ve logged in and found 3 new messages from users I’ve never spoken to and don’t know me from socials etc and I’ve also got ten new winks some from folk I know, what I can’t understand is the how and why folk would message a profile that doesn’t appear in the searches and is hidden lol they haven’t even conversed in the forums with me ! Is it quite simply a case of verification stalking or what ? "

Didn’t think anyone could if the profile is hidden not unless they’ve messaged you in the past.

By *bi HaiveMan
Forum Mod

over a year ago

Cheeseville, Somerset

It's witchcraft........;)

A

over a year ago

I've seen fabs and messages come through when my profile is hidden as well, it confuses me too!

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

There and to the left a bit

"So the profile is hidden and has been going on a few months now, before that it was just a profile with text but no pics, now I’ve not been on in a week yet today I’ve logged in and found 3 new messages from users I’ve never spoken to and don’t know me from socials etc and I’ve also got ten new winks some from folk I know, what I can’t understand is the how and why folk would message a profile that doesn’t appear in the searches and is hidden lol they haven’t even conversed in the forums with me ! Is it quite simply a case of verification stalking or what ?

Didn’t think anyone could if the profile is hidden not unless they’ve messaged you in the past. "

Yeah you can still use the "Message" button from the "this profile is hidden" page or a forum post - why people would want to do so without knowing the person or being able to see any detail is beyond me though - smacks of desperation to me

By *SAchickWoman
over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"So the profile is hidden and has been going on a few months now, before that it was just a profile with text but no pics, now I’ve not been on in a week yet today I’ve logged in and found 3 new messages from users I’ve never spoken to and don’t know me from socials etc and I’ve also got ten new winks some from folk I know, what I can’t understand is the how and why folk would message a profile that doesn’t appear in the searches and is hidden lol they haven’t even conversed in the forums with me ! Is it quite simply a case of verification stalking or what ?

Didn’t think anyone could if the profile is hidden not unless they’ve messaged you in the past.

Yeah you can still use the "Message" button from the "this profile is hidden" page or a forum post - why people would want to do so without knowing the person or being able to see any detail is beyond me though - smacks of desperation to me "

One person told me they did this with me as they knew I'd be getting a lot less messages while I was hidden.

over a year ago

I just don’t get it, I could understand if it’s someone I’ve met at club and they’ve said oh I’ll message you but it’s total randoma not even folk who had old profiles and came back with new ones, one guy was like your on my hotlist from months ago but mate your profiles only 4 weeks old ! . Total desperation but you wonder how and where they go to even know your profile exists

over a year ago

"I've seen fabs and messages come through when my profile is hidden as well, it confuses me too! "

Do you still keep your avatar up when you hide profile ? Cause I don’t even have one of those

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

Yeah you can still use the "Message" button from the "this profile is hidden" page or a forum post - why people would want to do so without knowing the person or being able to see any detail is beyond me though - smacks of desperation to me

One person told me they did this with me as they knew I'd be getting a lot less messages while I was hidden. "

That would make sense if they were aware of your profile before it was hidden I guess.

The only other reason could be if it were in response to a forum post made whilst hidden.

over a year ago

"I just don’t get it, I could understand if it’s someone I’ve met at club and they’ve said oh I’ll message you but it’s total randoma not even folk who had old profiles and came back with new ones, one guy was like your on my hotlist from months ago but mate your profiles only 4 weeks old ! . Total desperation but you wonder how and where they go to even know your profile exists "

Maybe you've been on their hotlist, from before you were hidden OP and they've braved messaging you when you are offline for a little.

over a year ago

"I've seen fabs and messages come through when my profile is hidden as well, it confuses me too!

Do you still keep your avatar up when you hide profile ? Cause I don’t even have one of those "

Usually yeah, just cos I don't like the silhouette. I can see how messages could still come through from forum posts, but not fabs if pics are all hidden. It is odd.

over a year ago

"It's witchcraft........;)

A"

This is the only valid explanation

over a year ago

Or they are forum lurkers and that's why you've not seen them post

over a year ago

"Or they are forum lurkers and that's why you've not seen them post "

We prefer the term non interactive forum watchers

By *emini ManMan
over a year ago

"I've seen fabs and messages come through when my profile is hidden as well, it confuses me too!

Do you still keep your avatar up when you hide profile ? Cause I don’t even have one of those

Usually yeah, just cos I don't like the silhouette. I can see how messages could still come through from forum posts, but not fabs if pics are all hidden. It is odd."

If they're new pics uploaded while hidden I 'think' they still appear in new pics and can be fabbed that way - might also appear on the Hotlist timeline and get fabbed there if it's someone who has you hotlisted

By *ab_SparklesWoman
over a year ago

sparkle Surprised

On there hotlist maybe

over a year ago

"Or they are forum lurkers and that's why you've not seen them post

We prefer the term non interactive forum watchers "

Ooops. To rewrite...

Perhaps they are 'non interactive forum watchers' and that's why you've not seen them post OP

over a year ago

Ooops. To rewrite...

Perhaps they are 'non interactive forum watchers' and that's why you've not seen them post OP "

Thanks now I feel less creepy

over a year ago

Usually yeah, just cos I don't like the silhouette. I can see how messages could still come through from forum posts, but not fabs if pics are all hidden. It is odd.

If they're new pics uploaded while hidden I 'think' they still appear in new pics and can be fabbed that way - might also appear on the Hotlist timeline and get fabbed there if it's someone who has you hotlisted "

My introvert/extrovert phases are usually quite separate ha, so I would only upload pics while unhidden. It's not a big deal at all, just did notice it was a bit weird.

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/12/18 01:11:28]

over a year ago

Ooops. To rewrite...

Perhaps they are 'non interactive forum watchers' and that's why you've not seen them post OP

Thanks now I feel less creepy "

Creepy is the new sane. My profile is proof of that. People still message

over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 30/12/18 01:12:14]

over a year ago

Ooops. To rewrite...

Creepy is the new sane. My profile is proof of that. People still message "

Im a little bit nervous about commenting on the same thread as you, that's 3 now.

over a year ago

Ooops. To rewrite...

Im a little bit nervous about commenting on the same thread as you, that's 3 now. "

Aww shit! This thread is doomed!

over a year ago

Ooops. To rewrite...

Im a little bit nervous about commenting on the same thread as you, that's 3 now.

Aww shit! This thread is doomed! "

I think it’s just were the only ones awake lol

I’m just glad it’s a fairly regular thing and not just me that’s getting it

over a year ago

Ooops. To rewrite...

Aww shit! This thread is doomed!

I think it’s just were the only ones awake lol

I’m just glad it’s a fairly regular thing and not just me that’s getting it "

It is a bit crazy when you have a hidden profile, to get messages mind. I think some forget there's a reason why it's hidden.... Unless they are friends of course

Post new Message to Thread