Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Something more permanent

Jump to newest

By *ettyboop61 OP   Woman
over a year ago

St Neots

Looking forward to 2019 and something more permanent with somebody.....fed up of not meeting anybody because I'm looking for something in particular....any ideas?? Comments welcome

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

what are you looking for exactly?

over a year ago

St Neots

"what are you looking for exactly?"

Somebody single and near me lol

By *aughty But Nice TwiceWoman
over a year ago

Pontefract

"what are you looking for exactly?

Somebody single and near me lol "

Every woman's dream lol

over a year ago

Somebody single and near me lol "

maybe come off this site and join one of the dating sites?

By *gnitemybodyWoman
over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

Yes I'm the same.

over a year ago

St Neots

maybe come off this site and join one of the dating sites?"

Same shit different site.....lol

over a year ago

St Neots

"Yes I'm the same."

Looks like we're looking for the same thing

over a year ago

"Yes I'm the same."

But to be fair you are a million miles away ...

By *risky_MareWoman
over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Yes I'm the same.

Looks like we're looking for the same thing "

Lots of us are.

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

The problem is sifting through the many that say they are single, when many are not.

However at certain times of the year many singles disappear.

over a year ago

St Neots

"The problem is sifting through the many that say they are single, when many are not.

However at certain times of the year many singles disappear. "

That's true.....round about Christmas when they need to be with their families

By *ig1gaz1Man
over a year ago

bradford

christmas

new year

valentines day

many singles disappear around this time.

also public holidays or area work holidays.

Have fun in your search though

over a year ago

St Neots

[Removed by poster at 27/12/18 22:49:58]

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Looking for the same x

over a year ago

St Neots

"christmas

new year

valentines day

many singles disappear around this time.

also public holidays or area work holidays.

Have fun in your search though"

Thanks

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

"Looking forward to 2019 and something more permanent with somebody.....fed up of not meeting anybody because I'm looking for something in particular....any ideas?? Comments welcome"

Lower your standards or open the door a bit more and stop cutting men of for really stupid childish things eg less style more substance

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Looking forward to 2019 and something more permanent with somebody.....fed up of not meeting anybody because I'm looking for something in particular....any ideas?? Comments welcome

Lower your standards or open the door a bit more and stop cutting men of for really stupid childish things eg less style more substance"

Why should she? She's looking for something more permant. Would you lower your stands and be with any Tom Dick or Sally?!

By *ommyxyzMan
over a year ago

harlow

Funny old world. I most cirtainly wasn’t looking for anything permenant when I went to a new club 6 months ago. (Members Clacton) found myself holding the door for a lady as we both joined at the same time. Moving in together this month, I adore her. Don’t go looking and it’ll just creep up and get you. I hope your as lucky as we are.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Unfortunately they are also littered with people from here.

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

"Looking forward to 2019 and something more permanent with somebody.....fed up of not meeting anybody because I'm looking for something in particular....any ideas?? Comments welcome

Lower your standards or open the door a bit more and stop cutting men of for really stupid childish things eg less style more substance

Why should she? She's looking for something more permant. Would you lower your stands and be with any Tom Dick or Sally?! "

I would at least give Tom,dick,Sally a chance be cutting them off, I think it called dating.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS
over a year ago

Stockport

I think that in some way most of the dating sites are worse than fab. At least on here you can get the conversation about what you want from sex out of the way straight away, then move onto the other stuff to find out if there is a possibility of a relationship. With ordinary dating there can be a subtext of sex underneath the conversation, but no one coming straight out and talking about it. Unavoidable to invest time, effort, emotion, and only much later find the incompatibilities.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Why should she? She's looking for something more permant. Would you lower your stands and be with any Tom Dick or Sally?!

I would at least give Tom,dick,Sally a chance be cutting them off, I think it called dating. "

so she should meet someone that doesn't match her preferences then?

over a year ago

Cannot force this things it will happen if it happens

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Cannot force this things it will happen if it happens "

over a year ago

St Neots

I think that in some way most of the dating sites are worse than fab. At least on here you can get the conversation about what you want from sex out of the way straight away, then move onto the other stuff to find out if there is a possibility of a relationship. With ordinary dating there can be a subtext of sex underneath the conversation, but no one coming straight out and talking about it. Unavoidable to invest time, effort, emotion, and only much later find the incompatibilities."

Well said

over a year ago

St Neots

"Funny old world. I most cirtainly wasn’t looking for anything permenant when I went to a new club 6 months ago. (Members Clacton) found myself holding the door for a lady as we both joined at the same time. Moving in together this month, I adore her. Don’t go looking and it’ll just creep up and get you. I hope your as lucky as we are."

Awwww that's a nice story ...thanks anyway maybe I will x

over a year ago

Unfortunately they are also littered with people from here. "

Why would that be an issue?

over a year ago

St Neots

Why should she? She's looking for something more permant. Would you lower your stands and be with any Tom Dick or Sally?! "

No I'm not going to lower my standards thanks for sticking up for me

over a year ago

No I'm not going to lower my standards thanks for sticking up for me "

I mean this I'm the nicest way possible when I say this. But go for exactly what you want. The standards here are not very high, and that's nothing to do with the looks, it's the overarching mentality of fab. Lowering your standards just to suit your immediate requirements will not end well

However, one thing you may need to increase if your own output I.e. start reaching out and giving those that "might" fit in with your requirements a little more time before calling it

over a year ago

I found both my previous fwb on dating sites, whereas fab has been a non-starter for me, so I think the site is irrelevant. You have to be upfront about exactly what you are looking for, but if something more permanent is what you seek it may involve a certain amount of compromise. That's not the same as lowering your standards. I have noticed with friends and colleagues that the ones who moan about not being able to find anyone are the ones who aren't prepared to compromise their lifestyle.Just an observation....

By *olfAndKittenCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

Where you meet someone is irrelevant, we all have encounters daily with potential partners... How many times do we pass someone on the way to work who smiles at us and we smile back at? A person we cross paths with whilst shopping every Sunday or whenever?

Life is littered with chances to meet someone, its up to the person to recognise them, seize it and see where it goes as each one could be something which leads to the happy ever after.

over a year ago

"Where you meet someone is irrelevant, we all have encounters daily with potential partners... How many times do we pass someone on the way to work who smiles at us and we smile back at? A person we cross paths with whilst shopping every Sunday or whenever?

Life is littered with chances to meet someone, its up to the person to recognise them, seize it and see where it goes as each one could be something which leads to the happy ever after. "

Yes, had many such passing smile encounters. Now I wonder what would have happened if I had just stopped one time and said hello..

By *olfAndKittenCouple
over a year ago

Bristol

"Where you meet someone is irrelevant, we all have encounters daily with potential partners... How many times do we pass someone on the way to work who smiles at us and we smile back at? A person we cross paths with whilst shopping every Sunday or whenever?

Life is littered with chances to meet someone, its up to the person to recognise them, seize it and see where it goes as each one could be something which leads to the happy ever after.

Yes, had many such passing smile encounters. Now I wonder what would have happened if I had just stopped one time and said hello.."

Next time it happens why not stop and say hello then?

over a year ago

Yes, had many such passing smile encounters. Now I wonder what would have happened if I had just stopped one time and said hello..

Next time it happens why not stop and say hello then? "

The Judge said I'm not allowed to smile at women I don't already know...

over a year ago

Try a dating site not get out to a few pubs clubs and do it the good old fashioned way. Good luck.

By *ost SockMan
over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Funny old world. I most cirtainly wasn’t looking for anything permenant when I went to a new club 6 months ago. (Members Clacton) found myself holding the door for a lady as we both joined at the same time. Moving in together this month, I adore her. Don’t go looking and it’ll just creep up and get you. I hope your as lucky as we are."

That’s a lovely story.

Here’s hoping for similar.

*starts singing that anodyne Gabrielle song to himself*

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Why would that be an issue? "

Because a lot already have partners or are not looking for dating. Just covering all bases for nsa. That's why it's an issue. The clue is in the word 'dating'.

By *sGivesWoodWoman
over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

No I'm not going to lower my standards thanks for sticking up for me "

no problem. X

over a year ago

Why would that be an issue?

Because a lot already have partners or are not looking for dating. Just covering all bases for nsa. That's why it's an issue. The clue is in the word 'dating'. "

But you're on here. I see what you mean though.

Post new Message to Thread