Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Too good looking.

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

This isn’t a look at me post as my face pics are private, but do you think people who decline to meet because “you’re too good looking” mean it or are they just saying their not interested in the most flattering way possible?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Just means you're a pretty boy.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I think some mean it for sure.

There are lots of people who are others as "out of their league" as they put it.

When I first started talking to B I thought that about him, really didn't think he'd look twice. Since then I've discovered it's him that's punching

P

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Just means you're a pretty boy. "

Is he a Budgie?

over a year ago

"This isn’t a look at me post as my face pics are private, but do you think people who decline to meet because “you’re too good looking” mean it or are they just saying their not interested in the most flattering way possible? "

Means your need to play in your own league

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

"Just means you're a pretty boy.

Is he a Budgie? "

Budge over on the sofa!

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"do you think people who decline to meet because “you’re too good looking” mean it or are they just saying their not interested in the most flattering way possible? "

I now what you mean OP, it's so frustrating. And even when I say "it's ok you're only half a minger" they still won't give in

By *urity555Man
over a year ago

south west

We must be munters as we’ve never had this said to us

over a year ago

I guess, but half the time I’ve never even seen their face, so can’t comment.

On the other hand, I get plenty of folk saying that I’m not their type.

over a year ago

I've done that quite a few times in the early days and meant it... it's a self confidence thing until you realise different men like all shapes and sizes.

over a year ago

"We must be munters as we’ve never had this said to us "

You must just choose more wisely!

Your pics are amazing

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I don't agree with leagues and all that, we all find different aspects of people attractive. However to answer the OP, just take it as a nice 'no thanks'

over a year ago

"I've done that quite a few times in the early days and meant it... it's a self confidence thing until you realise different men like all shapes and sizes. "

This must be the reason

By *ycra loutMan
over a year ago

york/Scarborough

I get asked to send a face pic which I don't mind but then the message thread gets deleted and never hear from them again. Makes me think I'm ugly tbh

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

I’m sure there are a variety of reasons why people say it or think it OP. It’s best just to move on.

By *urity555Man
over a year ago

south west

"We must be munters as we’ve never had this said to us

You must just choose more wisely!

Your pics are amazing "

Mr P is very particular with his women! 9/10 if I like a man in a couple , he won’t like the lady ! Means we don’t play often .

And thank you for the compliment

Miss

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

Some mean it, some are using flattery to soften a refusal.

over a year ago

"I’m sure there are a variety of reasons why people say it or think it OP. It’s best just to move on. "

Don’t worry, I’m not one of the 95% of guys who’ll hound someone til blocked. Just asking out of curiosity

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"do you think people who decline to meet because “you’re too good looking” mean it or are they just saying their not interested in the most flattering way possible?

I now what you mean OP, it's so frustrating. And even when I say "it's ok you're only half a minger" they still won't give in "

*know

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Is he a Budgie?

Budge over on the sofa!"

Of course M'dear, I can provide some nibbles for us as well

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

"I guess, but half the time I’ve never even seen their face, so can’t comment.

On the other hand, I get plenty of folk saying that I’m not their type. "

Curious to see your face pics now op!

By *isaB45Woman
over a year ago

Fabville

Is he a Budgie?

Budge over on the sofa!

Of course M'dear, I can provide some nibbles for us as well "

Nuts?

By *entleman JayMan
over a year ago

Wakefield

Said no one ever OP. Lol.

By *abs..Woman
over a year ago

"I’m sure there are a variety of reasons why people say it or think it OP. It’s best just to move on.

Don’t worry, I’m not one of the 95% of guys who’ll hound someone til blocked. Just asking out of curiosity"

I didn’t think you would be

over a year ago

I used to lack confidence in my looks when i first joined up now i dont worry about it having a face like bigfoot has its plus points like scaring guard dogs and gangs of teens

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Some mean it, some are using flattery to soften a refusal. "

Well worded, it's almost like the sign in yer local shop that says "Please Don't Ask For Credit As Refusal Often Offends"

over a year ago

"I think some mean it for sure.

There are lots of people who are others as "out of their league" as they put it.

When I first started talking to B I thought that about him, really didn't think he'd look twice. Since then I've discovered it's him that's punching

P"

Only because I've told you perhaps a thousand times how lovely I think you are and sooner or later it was bound to sink in, even with you...

B

over a year ago

Curious to see your face pics now op! "

Curiosity sated hopefully. You’ll see I’m particularly average

over a year ago

think we can intimidate some ?

By *eliWoman
over a year ago

Sometimes it's a "nice" excuse, or a sign of low confidence. It's difficult to know why unless you ask them directly (but a no is a no and some won't like that). Just see it as a compliment either way.

over a year ago

P

Only because I've told you perhaps a thousand times how lovely I think you are and sooner or later it was bound to sink in, even with you...

B"

you calling me thick ya swine?

Ok ok, I can't have it all

over a year ago

P

B

you calling me thick ya swine?

Ok ok, I can't have it all "

someone has to

By *ottie 13Woman
over a year ago

Happy go lucky

Never been in that position but I can definitely see how people on here could think someone is out their league there are some really hot guys on here

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Some mean it, some are using flattery to soften a refusal.

Well worded, it's almost like the sign in yer local shop that says "Please Don't Ask For Credit As Refusal Often Offends" "

You don't see that nowadays.

Another one a guy told us he often gets is "you look too much like my brother".

Not when he asks for credit obviously

over a year ago

"Sometimes it's a "nice" excuse, or a sign of low confidence. It's difficult to know why unless you ask them directly (but a no is a no and some won't like that). Just see it as a compliment either way."

I hope for their sakes it’s not down to confidence.

I actually hate taking selfies, so my pics aren’t amazing, so if it is a confidence thing, they must feel pretty low

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"Sometimes it's a "nice" excuse, or a sign of low confidence. It's difficult to know why unless you ask them directly (but a no is a no and some won't like that). Just see it as a compliment either way.

I actually hate taking selfies, so my pics aren’t amazing, so if it is a confidence thing, they must feel pretty low"

There are plenty of people on here who talk in terms of leagues where looks are concerned.

over a year ago

I used to have a league mentality but soon realised thats how trouble begins

By *alcon43Woman
over a year ago

Paisley

I’ve never turned anyone down for being too good looking.

By *rOralMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"I get asked to send a face pic which I don't mind but then the message thread gets deleted and never hear from them again. Makes me think I'm ugly tbh "

I feel you on that. Its quite difficult to actually past to the messages stage since my plainspoken profile its the main filter. However, after face pic is sent, thread goes silenced... and most of times I get no responses at all or sometimes I get a polite one implying a “sorry not my type”. I guess The reason for this is that I don’t look my age, I look a lot younger. So yeah that sucks haha

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"There are plenty of people on here who talk in terms of leagues where looks are concerned."

What, you mean they big themselves up?

I'm better looking than Muhammad Ali

over a year ago

I’ve been told that on here but I’m sure it was a polite no thanks

over a year ago

"I get asked to send a face pic which I don't mind but then the message thread gets deleted and never hear from them again. Makes me think I'm ugly tbh

I feel you on that. Its quite difficult to actually past to the messages stage since my plainspoken profile its the main filter. However, after face pic is sent, thread goes silenced... and most of times I get no responses at all or sometimes I get a polite one implying a “sorry not my type”. I guess The reason for this is that I don’t look my age, I look a lot younger. So yeah that sucks haha"

This is quite normal. The worst is receiving a very enthusiastic message to then reply with face pics only to get blocked with no reply. Happens loads!

By *itty9899Man
over a year ago

Craggy Island

"This isn’t a look at me post as my face pics are private, but do you think people who decline to meet because “you’re too good looking” mean it or are they just saying their not interested in the most flattering way possible? "

Yes of course their are.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"There are plenty of people on here who talk in terms of leagues where looks are concerned.

I'm better looking than Muhammad Ali "

No to put themselves down. I often see threads saying people, normally women, feel that certain men are "out of their league" and even though these men make the first move they turn them down because they don't feel good enough.

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

The Land that time forgot (Norfolk)

I had zero confidence when I joined fab, years of rejection makes you believe you must be repulsive to all women.

The ladies I've met through fab and one in particular have helped me to love myself again (some may say too much )

If someone told me I was too good looking when I first joined here I would never have believed it and told myself they were taking the piss because I was unattractive. Now I might believe it.

It still may not be true but it's a lot better for my confidence to just accept it and move on.

over a year ago

On the other hand, I get plenty of folk saying that I’m not their type. "

I've said it to a lot of people and I've always meant it. I hate it when they then ask for a pic when I already said no.

over a year ago

"I had zero confidence when I joined fab, years of rejection makes you believe you must be repulsive to all women.

The ladies I've met through fab and one in particular have helped me to love myself again (some may say too much )

If someone told me I was too good looking when I first joined here I would never have believed it and told myself they were taking the piss because I was unattractive. Now I might believe it.

It still may not be true but it's a lot better for my confidence to just accept it and move on.

"

That was beautiful

over a year ago

"I had zero confidence when I joined fab, years of rejection makes you believe you must be repulsive to all women.

"

I'm really surprised you had zero confidence, you come across as confident.

At my first Manc social you talked to me for a bit because I was on my own and you have no idea how much I appreciated that. You have the quality of making people feel at ease. You're a good egg.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"There are plenty of people on here who talk in terms of leagues where looks are concerned.

No to put themselves down. I often see threads saying people, normally women, feel that certain men are "out of their league" and even though these men make the first move they turn them down because they don't feel good enough."

Oh ok, it's a sad state of affairs then if women feel the need to put blokes down for their esthetical values. We would all have a hard time meeting if that was the case!

By *inky-MinxWoman
over a year ago

Grantham

"

You are very good looking

over a year ago

I'd say that to someone who's a ‘fuck boy'

over a year ago

It all makes sense to me now!

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

No to put themselves down. I often see threads saying people, normally women, feel that certain men are "out of their league" and even though these men make the first move they turn them down because they don't feel good enough.

Oh ok, it's a sad state of affairs then if women feel the need to put blokes down for their esthetical values. We would all have a hard time meeting if that was the case! "

No the women are putting themselves down. I didn't word it well. The women think they aren't good enough for the men because they (the men) are too good looking.

over a year ago

Ah that must be the reason no one wants to chat...clearly I'm far too good looking

over a year ago

Story of my life

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

I'm really surprised you had zero confidence, you come across as confident.

At my first Manc social you talked to me for a bit because I was on my own and you have no idea how much I appreciated that. You have the quality of making people feel at ease. You're a good egg. "

Thank you

I could always make conversation due to my line of work but you are very easy to talk to.

My lack of confidence was purely about my looks, that's what has been rebuilt since I first joined here.

By *eardsandboobsCouple
over a year ago

north of lincoln

This site is about having sex in fantasy and sexy situations. If there’s someone here you fancy and is in your eyes very hot there’s no reason why you wouldn’t meet them if they are asking you too.

So anyone that is in here in our opinion that says this isn’t here for the right reasons .

By *rOralMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"Sometimes it's a "nice" excuse, or a sign of low confidence. It's difficult to know why unless you ask them directly (but a no is a no and some won't like that). Just see it as a compliment either way.

I actually hate taking selfies, so my pics aren’t amazing, so if it is a confidence thing, they must feel pretty low"

Actually I believe it is a matter of confidence. Happens evenly between girls and lads. However, I’m afraid girls tend to be more affected by it.

over a year ago

I sometimes question why people would want to meet me

over a year ago

We’ve not had it said to us not surprising. And it’s something I’ve not said but have wondered why some people want to meet us when they look as though they could have the pick of the site x

By *r MoriartyMan
over a year ago

"I sometimes question why people would want to meet me "

Shut up, you looked fucking smoking hot in that sparkly little dress.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Oh ok, it's a sad state of affairs then if women feel the need to put blokes down for their esthetical values. We would all have a hard time meeting if that was the case!

No the women are putting themselves down. I didn't word it well. The women think they aren't good enough for the men because they (the men) are too good looking. "

I know, I was only having a Giraffe

over a year ago

Curiosity sated hopefully. You’ll see I’m particularly average"

Give up! I’ve met you and you’re a hunk

Don’t try to second guess people; they are weird.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

No the women are putting themselves down. I didn't word it well. The women think they aren't good enough for the men because they (the men) are too good looking.

I know, I was only having a Giraffe "

Oh . It's boxing day, I've eaten more chocolate today than in the whole of the rest of the month and I accidentally sent a very rude whatsapp to our daughter this morning just before her and her partner arrived for lunch. I'm not doing too well so far

over a year ago

Iv been intimidated from time to time but wouldnt turn them down tho

By *allSteveMan
over a year ago

Poole

Really? Why wouldn't anyone want to meet you? Stunning pics by the way

over a year ago

What nonsense. I’d be all I’ve you like cheap suit if you were nearer and liked me.

over a year ago

When I first joined fab I regularly sent that kind of message back because I genuinely thought I wasnt good enough for them. I worried that once they saw all of me they would reject me so I protected myself from that rejection before it happened. Funnily enough, one of the guys who I sent this message to, sent me another message a few weeks later and by then my confidence had grown a little. Met him and he's now my fwb. Never in a million years would I have approached him in a bar. I thank my lucky stars that I get to play with such a handsome and naughty man.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

I know, I was only having a Giraffe

Oh . It's boxing day, I've eaten more chocolate today than in the whole of the rest of the month and I accidentally sent a very rude whatsapp to our daughter this morning just before her and her partner arrived for lunch. I'm not doing too well so far "

Ooops, I told ma cousin a few things that I might have let slip on another occasion last night

By *oney to the beeWoman
over a year ago

Manchester

Its bound to happen as some will be intimidated by very attractive people but I would guess many more are turned down for being unattractive to someone.

By *oley999Woman
over a year ago

Land of Rainbows and Happiness

I've turned a guy down for having better eyebrows than me. Couldn't be having that!

By *rOralMan
over a year ago

Dublin

"I've turned a guy down for having better eyebrows than me. Couldn't be having that!"

Hahaha

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Iv been intimidated from time to time but wouldnt turn them down tho"

Intimidated? In what sense though?

By *eah BabyCouple
over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Me too lol it’s very rare I find a guy seriously good looking so intrigued that somebody would say you are too good looking to meet, I want to see

over a year ago

I’ve turned people down on the basis that I can’t imagine why anyone who looked like them would want to have sex with me. I agree with the comments that have said it’s a self-confidence thing, I can’t get past it though

Mrs F x

over a year ago

I've not had that but I've been told I'm too good for this site which has actually offended me as whats he saying about the other woman on here.

over a year ago

"I've not had that but I've been told I'm too good for this site which has actually offended me as whats he saying about the other woman on here. "

I wouldn't take it to heart or stress over it you get dozens of guys saying that there is one that pastes it to all the profiles on line I just don't think they really realise what they are saying.

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Maybe you should ask them OP.

By *icecouple561Couple
Forum Mod

over a year ago

East Sussex

"I've not had that but I've been told I'm too good for this site which has actually offended me as whats he saying about the other woman on here. "

Yeah we've had that sometimes. They must think we came down with the last shower.

By *rightonsteveMan
over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

It’s a polite way of saying ‘no fucking chance’ in all it’s different meanings.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I've not had that but I've been told I'm too good for this site which has actually offended me as whats he saying about the other woman on here.

I wouldn't take it to heart or stress over it you get dozens of guys saying that there is one that pastes it to all the profiles on line I just don't think they really realise what they are saying. "

I think that some blokes are trying too hard by saying that you are too good for this site, there are plenty of gorgeous looking women walking round most town centres or every village in the world, too gorgeous?

over a year ago

I get this too!

Ha.

I have had a few guys say I shouldn't be on here because I am too good for here ffs!

over a year ago

"I’ve turned people down on the basis that I can’t imagine why anyone who looked like them would want to have sex with me. I agree with the comments that have said it’s a self-confidence thing, I can’t get past it though

Mrs F x"

Yup, same.

By *ophieslutTV/TS
over a year ago

Central

It's a polite rejection that you can interpret as you wish - the needier will feed their egos. Block and move on

over a year ago

You and me both !!

By *ust PeachyWoman
over a year ago

Prestonish

You and me both !!"

He sent them to me. Not ‘too good looking ‘ - but certainly nice enough!

over a year ago

It could be a lack of confidence on their part OP. I'm sure some will also use it to soften the blow, if they decide to not take things further. It's a much kinder form of rejection

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

You and me both !!

He sent them to me. Not ‘too good looking ‘ - but certainly nice enough! "

Ah feck off, you've just got a sexy arse Missus

over a year ago

"We must be munters as we’ve never had this said to us "

We haven't either ha ha! Not a bad problem to have.

Eve. x

over a year ago

Well nobody has ever said that to me and if they ever did I’d know full bloody well that they’d be lying!

But I can get where they might be coming from OP, there are some ladies that I think ‘there’s no way I can compete with the type she could attract’ based on either their looks or the people they’ve met. So it might be genuine. Or, as some have suggested, a tactful and ego-boosting way of simply saying ‘no, not for me’.

over a year ago

"I've done that quite a few times in the early days and meant it... it's a self confidence thing until you realise different men like all shapes and sizes. "

This is what I need to realise. When they message I think, why me?... lol

over a year ago

I've told men they are too good looking and I've meant it.I guess it can be down to some insecurities but often because they are far too pretty!

over a year ago

"I've done that quite a few times in the early days and meant it... it's a self confidence thing until you realise different men like all shapes and sizes.

This is what I need to realise. When they message I think, why me?... lol "

Seems a lot of us do exactly the same. I blame the online thing.. still so much easier to connect with someone in the flesh

over a year ago

"Iv been intimidated from time to time but wouldnt turn them down tho

Intimidated? In what sense though? "

normally that there too smart or popular as in with lots of friends in a club say for example or classy for me i do realise its my own issue tho but its mainly if i meet them without really getting to know them a bit first its my brain issue i have sometimes but it woulnt stop me meeting or getting to know them its like a first impression thing

By *ineMan
over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Not something that had ever been said to me.

Then again I close my eyes to shave in a morning, so it's something I would never believe anyway..

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Intimidated? In what sense though? normally that there too smart or popular as in with lots of friends in a club say for example or classy for me i do realise its my own issue tho but its mainly if i meet them without really getting to know them a bit first its my brain issue i have sometimes but it woulnt stop me meeting or getting to know them its like a first impression thing"

Yeah, but obviously you get to "know" people before you actually meet them in real life. Do you speak to them on the phone beforehand?

over a year ago

Intimidated? In what sense though? normally that there too smart or popular as in with lots of friends in a club say for example or classy for me i do realise its my own issue tho but its mainly if i meet them without really getting to know them a bit first its my brain issue i have sometimes but it woulnt stop me meeting or getting to know them its like a first impression thing

Yeah, but obviously you get to "know" people before you actually meet them in real life. Do you speak to them on the phone beforehand? "

generally just messages phone on occasion but not always get to know them some folk prefer to speak in person than on phone or messages

By *dam and slutCouple
over a year ago

Manchester

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble.....

I kinda feel sorry for the person saying your out of their league.

xslutx

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Intimidated? In what sense though? normally that there too smart or popular as in with lots of friends in a club say for example or classy for me i do realise its my own issue tho but its mainly if i meet them without really getting to know them a bit first its my brain issue i have sometimes but it woulnt stop me meeting or getting to know them its like a first impression thing

Yeah, but obviously you get to "know" people before you actually meet them in real life. Do you speak to them on the phone beforehand? generally just messages phone on occasion but not always get to know them some folk prefer to speak in person than on phone or messages"

If I have a meet arranged, I make sure that we always speak on the phone first, I don't like funny accents

over a year ago

Yeah, but obviously you get to "know" people before you actually meet them in real life. Do you speak to them on the phone beforehand? generally just messages phone on occasion but not always get to know them some folk prefer to speak in person than on phone or messages

If I have a meet arranged, I make sure that we always speak on the phone first, I don't like funny accents "

over a year ago

Probably both OP.

By *unningFoxWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

I’m always surprised how many out of my league guys usually contact me. Never turn them down because they are out of my league usually there is no connection just in swapping messages or they get too pushy. I always make sure they see it all before meeting as there is no surprises and unrealistic expectations

over a year ago

I can safely say this has never, ever happened to me. If they did say I’d know they are taking the piss.

Post new Message to Thread