Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

The Future Of The World.....

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Ok serious one this..

Do you think the kids of today will better the World when they grow up? I used to think not, but after watching a documentary about gun laws in the US and how the kids protested, How they organised was quite remarkable. Also I think that once they're old enough to vote they will get rid of the old out of date Government we now have. I don't think there will be much Racism as kids are so connected with kids around the World and are used to different races, unlike when we were kids. Ok kids are not as active as we were but I think their way of thinking is a lot different to how us adults think.

So, what's your thoughts?

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *m3232Man
over a year ago

maidenhead

IMO the kids of today are fucked. I would not want to be young today

over a year ago

"IMO the kids of today are fucked. I would not want to be young today "

Explain

By *2000ManMan
over a year ago

Worthing

I think people are becoming more materialistic and swung by social media opinions. The "they have that and I want it" due to facebook posts...that sort of thing.

over a year ago

"I think people are becoming more materialistic and swung by social media opinions. The "they have that and I want it" due to facebook posts...that sort of thing."

That's just consumerism... different. I'm talking about politics and how the kids of today would change everything. The Government is full of old, well off, never struggled in their life wankers. I think change is coming and for the better.

By *orwegian BlueMan
over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

The future does hold for less wars.. we are becoming more peaceful than of the past although it doesn't feel it at times.

The current trend for kids to be less active is just a blip caused by social media and technology changing at a faster pace than we humans can cope with, it will settle and the human race will evolve around the change..

In all, yes the future looks OK but no different for us now then those asking the same question 120 years ago during the last big change..

By *roticGoddessXXWoman
over a year ago

Richmond

"Ok serious one this..

Do you think the kids of today will better the World when they grow up? I used to think not, but after watching a documentary about gun laws in the US and how the kids protested, How they organised was quite remarkable. Also I think that once they're old enough to vote they will get rid of the old out of date Government we now have. I don't think there will be much Racism as kids are so connected with kids around the World and are used to different races, unlike when we were kids. Ok kids are not as active as we were but I think their way of thinking is a lot different to how us adults think.

So, what's your thoughts? "

Kids are always the ones to initiate major social changes, protest injustice and fight like there's no tomorrow. Yes, adults do too, but also have to do this around work and family commitments.

I really admire the young ones.

Worrying about the next generation is not exactly new:

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”

(Socrates)

By *est Wales WifeCouple
over a year ago

Near Carmarthen

The question won't arise as the planet is incapable of supporting the current population. Rising sea levels, increased desertification, antibiotic resistance,lack of resources and wars to grab what resources do remain will cause us to implode.

We are probably the only species on the planet with real insight and we fecked it up big time.

over a year ago

"The future does hold for less wars.. we are becoming more peaceful than of the past although it doesn't feel it at times.

The current trend for kids to be less active is just a blip caused by social media and technology changing at a faster pace than we humans can cope with, it will settle and the human race will evolve around the change..

In all, yes the future looks OK but no different for us now then those asking the same question 120 years ago during the last big change..

"

I think in 10 years it will be a lot better. Once all these politicians have died off... The future of health is looking good. Did you know there is a 3D printing machine thats prints food? You wear a device that measures the nutrients you need and prints out food with everything you need. Crazy ay?

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I work in fe education, and to me the future looks bleak. I admire your optimism, and I am a more glass half full guy, but I worry. Teenagers on the whole seem disillusioned, anxious, expecting to be wrapped in cotton wool (I blame education for this, where there is pressure of keeping/needing bums on seats so we get students through courses), pressures of social media is a massive issue - I did gang training last week as we have an issue with County Lines where kids out of town are groomed to sell drugs. There was a shooting where a gang member friend had been shot, his mother hysterically crying over his body, shouting at his friends why were they filming him with their phones rather than applying pressure and looking out for him. Just crazy.

Worst of all, and what scares me the most is how the boys talk to the girls. How they film and Snapchat what they call freaks (art students). It is my daily battle to educate and inform them that how they talk is a disgrace. It's a long battle!

I worry for the future, because of Brexit, because of uprising of far right groups, social media pressures, lack of father figures, lack of opportunities, and a f**king Tory government who dont care about them.

I'll come down now from the soapbox

over a year ago

"I work in fe education, and to me the future looks bleak. I admire your optimism, and I am a more glass half full guy, but I worry. Teenagers on the whole seem disillusioned, anxious, expecting to be wrapped in cotton wool (I blame education for this, where there is pressure of keeping/needing bums on seats so we get students through courses), pressures of social media is a massive issue - I did gang training last week as we have an issue with County Lines where kids out of town are groomed to sell drugs. There was a shooting where a gang member friend had been shot, his mother hysterically crying over his body, shouting at his friends why were they filming him with their phones rather than applying pressure and looking out for him. Just crazy.

Worst of all, and what scares me the most is how the boys talk to the girls. How they film and Snapchat what they call freaks (art students). It is my daily battle to educate and inform them that how they talk is a disgrace. It's a long battle!

I worry for the future, because of Brexit, because of uprising of far right groups, social media pressures, lack of father figures, lack of opportunities, and a f**king Tory government who dont care about them.

I'll come down now from the soapbox"

Pink Floyd- The Wall comes to mind.

Agree with you there. Kids get away with so much these days. Yeah I've seen boys pick in girls. I don't know now? See before I thought we would be fucked but after this document I felt quite positive! I can't remember the documentary lol but this was in it

https://youtu.be/ZxD3o-9H1lY

Very inspiring

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

"The question won't arise as the planet is incapable of supporting the current population. Rising sea levels, increased desertification, antibiotic resistance,lack of resources and wars to grab what resources do remain will cause us to implode.

We are probably the only species on the planet with real insight and we fecked it up big time.

"

Totally agree, sadly. Today's throwaway and replace rather than fix culture is quite scary. Government not putting pressure on companies to improve their footprint is just depressing. Sorry I said above in thread I was glass half full guy! I'll go have some more wine and cone back raving about the future

By *tella HeelsTV/TS
over a year ago

west here ford shire

I have done quite a bit of travelling, to me people are generally not aggressive but peaceful. The problem the next generation will have is the same any generation has. Politicians they take counties to war not people, religion is the other major reason for wars, even now religion is causing war. Islamic state are religious xenophobia’s

So nothing is going to change. War in countries like Syria will create a new generation of idealists that have grievances against the west.

It’s sad but that’s not going to change.

Climate problems,

We are slowly going to destroy the planets ability to revive itself, how much longer are we going to keep contaminating the environment ?

Our kids will have a hard time because of negligence and ignorance by our and our previous generations.

Post new Message to Thread