Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

i phone Freezing

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

Boring tech question, my i phone SE keeps freezing, I’ve updated all my apps, switched it off then on again, reset factory settings. Is there anything else I can do before I take it to Apple, that might be causing this ?!

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *xtrafun4youMan
over a year ago

Dunstable

Keep it in the warm. Not bellow 5 degrees the it won’t freez. Hehe!

Just how apple wants it to act.

I know it’s no help. I have 4 old freezing phones that are now junk. No more apple for me.

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

I am sure Apple build in a slow fault on things once they reach a certain age!

It's like IOS not supported on older stuff- bang out of order imo!

over a year ago

"I am sure Apple build in a slow fault on things once they reach a certain age!

It's like IOS not supported on older stuff- bang out of order imo!"

Yeah, nothing wrong with it, then out of nowhere it starts freezing, the phone is only 2 years old.

over a year ago

They are designed to slow down so you have to upgrade them.

I'm not sure if it's just apple but I switched to Samsung and my S6+ is working just fine still.

over a year ago

"They are designed to slow down so you have to upgrade them.

I'm not sure if it's just apple but I switched to Samsung and my S6+ is working just fine still."

Thank you Mary, hope you had a good Christmas.

It will have the opposite effect, I just won’t buy Apple again.

By *ficouldMan
over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

Try clearing the cashe memory, browsing history etc..

over a year ago

Happened to my sons SE then it suddenly died completely. Apparently the SE are the worse for it. It was 14 months old so apple wouldn't help and others had to look but apparently the motherboard or whatever its called was dead so unfixable. Advice get rid

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS
over a year ago

Cornwall

I love apple .. never had a problem with any of it... so not sure what the problem is with yours op

over a year ago

"Try clearing the cashe memory, browsing history etc.. "

Done all that

over a year ago

"Happened to my sons SE then it suddenly died completely. Apparently the SE are the worse for it. It was 14 months old so apple wouldn't help and others had to look but apparently the motherboard or whatever its called was dead so unfixable. Advice get rid "

Unfortunately I’m poor and I can’t just throw things away easily.

over a year ago

It happens with all tech. The hardware becomes outdated and can't keep up with the technical demands of the newer software.

If it's a newish phone though I'd say try taking it back to Apple.

C

over a year ago

"It happens with all tech. The hardware becomes outdated and can't keep up with the technical demands of the newer software.

C"

Is 2 years old, newish ?

over a year ago

"It happens with all tech. The hardware becomes outdated and can't keep up with the technical demands of the newer software.

C

Is 2 years old, newish ? "

I'd say so but conversely I don't know what Apple's policy is on returns/ repairs.

C

over a year ago

I've got an iPhone 6s which I've had for 2 years and it still works fine. My iPad started doing strange things after about 18 months and finally gave up after 2 years. It's true that Apple sabotage their equipment after a certain time. I do love Apple stuff. It looks, feels and works really well. But I hate the way it's only built to work for a certain amount of time.

over a year ago

"Happened to my sons SE then it suddenly died completely. Apparently the SE are the worse for it. It was 14 months old so apple wouldn't help and others had to look but apparently the motherboard or whatever its called was dead so unfixable. Advice get rid

Unfortunately I’m poor and I can’t just throw things away easily. "

No I mean sell on eBay list the issue people will still buy and get something like a Huawei that's a lot cheaper than a apple but generally better

over a year ago

I'm not sure if it's just apple but I switched to Samsung and my S6+ is working just fine still."

OK going to give you a geek answer if anyone cares, The software updates pushed out by Apple are designed to preserve battery life in older models. To fix this you would need to replace the battery I could go into the technicals but would bore the shit outa you. Please look up apple battery replacement artical and it will explain

over a year ago

I'm not sure if it's just apple but I switched to Samsung and my S6+ is working just fine still.

OK going to give you a geek answer if anyone cares, The software updates pushed out by Apple are designed to preserve battery life in older models. To fix this you would need to replace the battery I could go into the technicals but would bore the shit outa you. Please look up apple battery replacement artical and it will explain "

So the battery is most likely the cause, not a software issue ?

over a year ago

OK going to give you a geek answer if anyone cares, The software updates pushed out by Apple are designed to preserve battery life in older models. To fix this you would need to replace the battery I could go into the technicals but would bore the shit outa you. Please look up apple battery replacement artical and it will explain

So the battery is most likely the cause, not a software issue ? "

Both, but yes the battery will be the main culprit. Each ios update checks the state of your battery, as it get worst over time, Apple reduce the cpu in the phone so the battery last longer which in turn slows down the phone. Make sense?

over a year ago

Both, but yes the battery will be the main culprit. Each ios update checks the state of your battery, as it get worst over time, Apple reduce the cpu in the phone so the battery last longer which in turn slows down the phone. Make sense? "

Ok, thanks. My battery is running at 88%, or so it says.

over a year ago

Both, but yes the battery will be the main culprit. Each ios update checks the state of your battery, as it get worst over time, Apple reduce the cpu in the phone so the battery last longer which in turn slows down the phone. Make sense?

Ok, thanks. My battery is running at 88%, or so it says. "

I believe they mean the general quality of your battery degrades over time, the software works this out and reduces the amount of work your phone can do to try to preserve the battery as long as it can. So a fresh replacement battery may solve your problem.

C

over a year ago

Ok, thanks. My battery is running at 88%, or so it says.

I believe they mean the general quality of your battery degrades over time, the software works this out and reduces the amount of work your phone can do to try to preserve the battery as long as it can. So a fresh replacement battery may solve your problem.

C"

Okay, I’ll try a new battery before I give up on it, thanks.

By *ikeC81Man
over a year ago

harrow

I have had a 4s,5s,6s and now on 8 plus

Never had issue with freezing - only isuee I had was on 6s and the touch if failing just before I got 8plus

I have had 3 iPads in the same time if not longer and no issues

By *htcMan
over a year ago

MK

A hammer then buy a android and forget all the problems.

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Pretty sure that’s just a myth. Software just gets more advanced to take advantage of newer hardware. So it’s inevitable that over time older hardware will start to struggle with newer software.

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

Apparently you can restore in two modes Tame: recovery and DFU. Have you tried both?

over a year ago

"Apparently you can restore in two modes Tame: recovery and DFU. Have you tried both?"

I’ve tried one I think, I’ll google it and have a look. Thank you.

over a year ago

"Boring tech question, my i phone SE keeps freezing, I’ve updated all my apps, switched it off then on again, reset factory settings. Is there anything else I can do before I take it to Apple, that might be causing this ?! "

Are you using an actual apple charger? If I buy a charger from amazon, it freezes my phone sometimes (I still do it though )

But yes - it could be that the phone is just getting on a bit and apple want you to get a newer one

over a year ago

"Boring tech question, my i phone SE keeps freezing, I’ve updated all my apps, switched it off then on again, reset factory settings. Is there anything else I can do before I take it to Apple, that might be causing this ?!

Are you using an actual apple charger? If I buy a charger from amazon, it freezes my phone sometimes (I still do it though )

But yes - it could be that the phone is just getting on a bit and apple want you to get a newer one "

Yeah, it’s an Apple charger.

over a year ago

"I am sure Apple build in a slow fault on things once they reach a certain age!

It's like IOS not supported on older stuff- bang out of order imo!

Yeah, nothing wrong with it, then out of nowhere it starts freezing, the phone is only 2 years old."

Obsolete... just about

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

"Boring tech question, my i phone SE keeps freezing, I’ve updated all my apps, switched it off then on again, reset factory settings. Is there anything else I can do before I take it to Apple, that might be causing this ?!

But yes - it could be that the phone is just getting on a bit and apple want you to get a newer one

Yeah, it’s an Apple charger. "

Problem is too much time on Fab. iPhone can’t handle the site

over a year ago

Yeah, it’s an Apple charger. "

Hmmm. Have you dropped it at all? I dropped one of my old iPhones and the screen knocked off - couldn’t tell by touching it or anything, but it totally tampered with the software

over a year ago

"Boring tech question, my i phone SE keeps freezing, I’ve updated all my apps, switched it off then on again, reset factory settings. Is there anything else I can do before I take it to Apple, that might be causing this ?! "

You could try putting it in the microwave to warm up

over a year ago

Problem is too much time on Fab. iPhone can’t handle the site "

Could be my full inbox!

By *oley999Woman
over a year ago

Land of Rainbows and Happiness

By *hubaysiWoman
over a year ago

Leeds

Problem is too much time on Fab. iPhone can’t handle the site

Could be my full inbox! "

Yep that’ll be it! Bet you have the busiest inbox amongst Fab males?

By *entish79Man
over a year ago

Glasgow

But yes - it could be that the phone is just getting on a bit and apple want you to get a newer one "

As long as there have been tech gadgety things, things don’t work as well when they’re a bit older. Up until now it’s nit tealky something that’s surprised anyone....

How come because it’s Apple, it suddenly becomes something so inexplicable, that it has to be some sort of conspiracy?

over a year ago

I detest Apple products but a 2 year old iPhone should work very well. I know they've slowed down their phones to "extend battery life" but they apologized and said you can get a new battery at Apple store to have it fixed.

Post new Message to Thread