Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

“I want to be alone...”

Jump to newest

By *ick_and_Bicker OP   Couple
over a year ago

Nottingham

The thread for those of us that want to be alone or at least escape for a few hours.

I’ve lied about working on Christmas Day soooooo many times over the years to get out of stuff. Doors locked, telly and jammies on, surrounded by food and my own decisions. Bliss.

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

Solitude is bliss

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

It's me, 2 cats, an M & S curry and lazing on the sofa watching telly Christmas day.

Heaven.......

People can fuck off.

over a year ago

I don’t do anything just to please other people anymore, I’m done doing what you are expected to do.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

I'd rather be alone than with people I don't want to around, does that count?

By *ultHeroMan
over a year ago

Reading

"The thread for those of us that want to be alone or at least escape for a few hours.

I’ve lied about working on Christmas Day soooooo many times over the years to get out of stuff. Doors locked, telly and jammies on, surrounded by food and my own decisions. Bliss. "

well said - time alone is very good for a persons mental health.

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"It's me, 2 cats, an M & S curry and lazing on the sofa watching telly Christmas day.

Heaven.......

People can fuck off. "

As a self confessed misanthrope I can honestly say Christmas is the worst if you hate being social.

Give me an uninhabited island,no TV, mobile, a nice warm cabin open fire load's to eat a few bottles of good whisky a radio to play jazz FM and some good books.

Send me here from December 2nd till Jan 2nd .

I would be very happy in my forced solitude for a month

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"The thread for those of us that want to be alone or at least escape for a few hours.

I’ve lied about working on Christmas Day soooooo many times over the years to get out of stuff. Doors locked, telly and jammies on, surrounded by food and my own decisions. Bliss.

well said - time alone is very good for a persons mental health."

I would counter that, it can be a good thing but not for everyone

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

well said - time alone is very good for a persons mental health.

I would counter that, it can be a good thing but not for everyone"

Although, not the point of this thread!

Apologies OP!

By *alking DisasterWoman
over a year ago

South Oxfordshire

I've already decided that in a few years time (when my parents are no longer around) I'll go away somewhere on my own.

I don't want to be the burden of being the singleton that has to be fitted in.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman
over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"I'd rather be alone than with people I don't want to around, does that count? "

Yes.

The years I don't have my kids at Christmas, I always get invites to friends houses, which I politely decline.

I do get the option of working for a few hours, but then I'm back home alone.

Just me & the chihuahua

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

"It's me, 2 cats, an M & S curry and lazing on the sofa watching telly Christmas day.

Heaven.......

People can fuck off.

As a self confessed misanthrope I can honestly say Christmas is the worst if you hate being social.

Give me an uninhabited island,no TV, mobile, a nice warm cabin open fire load's to eat a few bottles of good whisky a radio to play jazz FM and some good books.

I would be very happy in my forced solitude for a month"

The weeks around Christmas and filled with memories of the worst time in my life.

I find it hard to be around people so full of joy. I don't want to spoil their pleasure by sharing my pain.

I'd rather pull the curtains than try to pull on a mask that doesn't fit.

over a year ago

Everyone saying they hate people yet they come on here every day to interact with people

over a year ago

Here alone with my dog; some chocolate and bad movies on Netflix like Bait.

over a year ago

I’ve lied about working on Christmas Day soooooo many times over the years to get out of stuff. Doors locked, telly and jammies on, surrounded by food and my own decisions. Bliss. "

Absolutely snap. I'm the exact same. Was off yesterday too and made excuses of last minute shopping but in reality was watching wrestling with my 22 year old son and drinking lots of Baileys was a great night. Got a call at 9 pm to go for drinks and said I needed a pamper and wash my hair for tomorrow I just like time with my son. Food and few drinks watching wrestling it's my guilty pleasure

over a year ago

"Everyone saying they hate people yet they come on here every day to interact with people "

I don't hate people. Just surtound3d in work by folk. Staff and public. Nice to have a break in person. My chill time now and then is to pop in here. You lot are not as noisy as works lot

By *ools and the brainCouple
over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Everyone saying they hate people yet they come on here every day to interact with people "

It's far easier than talking face to face,if you don't want to talk then stop typing not so easy in person.

over a year ago

Yeah, but I can ignore you if I want.

over a year ago

I don’t like being on my own for long. An hour or so is ok, even therapeutic. But Christmas I always spend with my kids, and their mother too comes to mine. I only get fully dressed if I run out of booze and have to walk down the shops.

Merry Christmas to you all, and a happy fab new year. x

By *tingly ByronMan
over a year ago

In a town Fab forgot

I don't want to fuck anyone in my family though.

over a year ago

Nottingham

I don’t hate people at all and here I don't have to put up with bad aftershave and listen to ‘opinion’.

I love you guys.

T.

over a year ago

Nottingham

I AM going to admit to being with my grandchildren whom I adore but later I can escape.

over a year ago

Me too - I always pretend I'm spending Christmas with family so people don't feel sorry for me and feel obliged to invite me round

over a year ago

I'd rather be alone to be honest

By *allSteveMan
over a year ago

Poole

Christmas just isn't the same without being with my children. I decline all invites as im not in a sociable mood and don't want to ruin anyone else's day. Better to be alone than being false just to please others

By *lsieWoman
over a year ago

where ever

Bliss......I'm in my poojams not getting changed today . Front curtains are shut and locked the gates. It's a good day .

By *arkstaffsMan
over a year ago

Rugeley

Alone all day, nice and peaceful followed by a hopefully just as quiet night shift.

Best wishes all for 2019

over a year ago

I'm always alone for Christmas I hate it

over a year ago

Nottingham

"I'm always alone for Christmas I hate it "

Sorry to hear that, there’s loads of threads for folk like you.

over a year ago

well said - time alone is very good for a persons mental health."

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Solitude is bliss "

It certainly is...sometimes, but I've got ma mate Brother Dave with me here today, at least he peeled the veg

I do wake up most mornings and sit in silence while drinking enough tea to sink a battleship though

By *aptain VMan
over a year ago

Birstall, Leicester

I'm actually working today

over a year ago

There's a world of difference between interactING in line and in the real world

By *igJandTheBlondeCouple
over a year ago

Kings Hill

I’m on my own too, I’m loving it, I’ve got a pizza and whatever I want on the tv! I’m up at 3am for work anyway so enjoying some chill time x

over a year ago

This will be my 4th Christmas intentionally alone. I've been out with my girlfriend to park run being petfectly sociable and Christmassy but that's it for the day. I've been estranged from my family for years and the various partners over the years have seen me going along with them to their families and they've varied from bareable to excruciating. My mental health this Christmas is far far better than it ever used to be at this time of year.

By *inky SpiceWoman
over a year ago

Glasgow

Heaven.......

People can fuck off.

I would be very happy in my forced solitude for a month

The weeks around Christmas and filled with memories of the worst time in my life.

I find it hard to be around people so full of joy. I don't want to spoil their pleasure by sharing my pain.

I'd rather pull the curtains than try to pull on a mask that doesn't fit."

The first thing I saw this morning brought back memories of the worst Christmas I ever had, so there I was on christmas morning, sitting on the edge of my bed sobbing my heart out. I'd quite like to just take a pill on the 23rd and not wake up until Boxing Day.

But (sincerely) Merry Christmas anyway xxxx

over a year ago

Nottingham

I’m now in a quiet park with two strong and adventurous grandchildren, loads of birds singing and all is good with the world. They are lovely humans.

Dinner about 5 then off to hide in my room for a while.

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"

There's a world of difference between interactING in line and in the real world "

I dunno what makes you say that? I'm more than capable of doing both, surely interactional skills can be passed over from a keyboard to actually meeting someone in real life?

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"

I dunno what makes you say that? I'm more than capable of doing both, surely interactional skills can be passed over from a keyboard to actually meeting someone in real life? "

Of course but if I choose to ignore someone here it won’t cause an argument that will be remembered for the next ten years.

over a year ago

Solitude is fine but you need someone to tell that solitude is fine.

Honoré

over a year ago

"Solitude is fine but you need someone to tell that solitude is fine.

Honoré"

spot on. The amount of folk who like "being alone" but being on social media interacting is curious

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Honoré"

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it...

Then it will get up and tell its mates all about it

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Honoré

spot on. The amount of folk who like "being alone" but being on social media interacting is curious "

A curious mind is a good thing.

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Honoré

spot on. The amount of folk who like "being alone" but being on social media interacting is curious "

Very different things

over a year ago

Honoré

spot on. The amount of folk who like "being alone" but being on social media interacting is curious

Very different things"

Yes, but it perhaps suggests that being alone isn't really what they want. Maybe they're being socially selective in a world where that's very difficult to achieve?

By *ea monkeyMan
over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Honoré

Very different things

Yes, but it perhaps suggests that being alone isn't really what they want. Maybe they're being socially selective in a world where that's very difficult to achieve? "

There's nothing wrong with that though, being selective about who you interact with or how you do so is a positive thing mentally

over a year ago

I can't wait wait to get home to put my slippers on and cuddle the cat

over a year ago

I really feel sympathetic for everyone alone at Christmas....

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"

I dunno what makes you say that? I'm more than capable of doing both, surely interactional skills can be passed over from a keyboard to actually meeting someone in real life?

Of course but if I choose to ignore someone here it won’t cause an argument that will be remembered for the next ten years. "

Exactly, what the hell are you doing in Bristol, I thought you were a Leicester based lass? x

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"I really feel sympathetic for everyone alone at Christmas....

"

Should Christmas be any different to any other day?

over a year ago

Should Christmas be any different to any other day? "

Yes , Christmas is my favorite holiday and I would hate to be alone....

I’m not trying to start a fight or be rude....

I’m just sending hugs to anyone alone on Christmas.

over a year ago

Should Christmas be any different to any other day? "

Agreed, but this time off year amplifies isolation

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

Yes , Christmas is my favorite holiday and I would hate to be alone....

I’m not trying to start a fight or be rude....

I’m just sending hugs to anyone alone on Christmas."

So many of us don’t want them though, that’s what this thread is about. I don’t want or need sympathy for something I want to do.

By *opsy RogersWoman
over a year ago

London

"

Of course but if I choose to ignore someone here it won’t cause an argument that will be remembered for the next ten years.

Exactly, what the hell are you doing in Bristol, I thought you were a Leicester based lass? x "

I did move

over a year ago

Heaven.......

People can fuck off. "

Same here

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Agreed, but this time off year amplifies isolation "

But why so though? Surely if you live alone like I do, then one day is pretty much like the rest. Why would December the 25th be any different? We get used to it

over a year ago

Home alone this year. At least 100 away from my ideal place. No food in, skint and pissed off

over a year ago

But why so though? Surely if you live alone like I do, then one day is pretty much like the rest. Why would December the 25th be any different? We get used to it "

But that is just you and don't doubt that it is very true for you. Many would not share your view of getting used to it, when seeing the buzz that is created by some people. If being alone isn't by choice but circumstance I can imagine that it can be a tough day

By *iss Leanne BTV/TS
over a year ago

Manchester

I also spend Christmas alone with my cat. I was disowned by my family and most of my friends when they found out that I am Transgender x

over a year ago

"I also spend Christmas alone with my cat. I was disowned by my family and most of my friends when they found out that I am Transgender x"

I'm sorry to read this. All the best to you

By *ce WingerMan
over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

But why so though? Surely if you live alone like I do, then one day is pretty much like the rest. Why would December the 25th be any different? We get used to it

But that is just you and don't doubt that it is very true for you. Many would not share your view of getting used to it, when seeing the buzz that is created by some people. If being alone isn't by choice but circumstance I can imagine that it can be a tough day "

Fair comment, sure being alone can be hard for some people, but as I said on another thread a few days ago, there are always other options open to anyone who feels lonely no matter what time of year

over a year ago

Nottingham

But that is just you and don't doubt that it is very true for you. Many would not share your view of getting used to it, when seeing the buzz that is created by some people. If being alone isn't by choice but circumstance I can imagine that it can be a tough day "

There’s loads of threads for people that find it tough, it’s why I started this one for this those us that like it and actively seek it out.

Post new Message to Thread