Already registered?
Login here

Back to forum list
Back to The Lounge

Did anybody see the news tonight

Jump to newest

By (user no longer on site) OP   
over a year ago

about that bungy jumper who jumped 300ft into a crocodile infested river and the bungy chord broke?

She survived it too, bloody lucky girl

Reply privatelyReply in forumReply +quote

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"about that bungy jumper who jumped 300ft into a crocodile infested river and the bungy chord broke?

She survived it too, bloody lucky girl "

I know I thought omg!! She swam with her feet still tied together....

over a year ago

It was filmed too.

Wonder if it will put people off?

Good job it was over water and not tarmac

By (user no longer on site)
over a year ago

First thing I would have done in that situation once I was out of the river?

Pat myself on the back with a job well done on not becoming a meal? nah!

Thank my lucky stars I am alive? Sort of.

Beat the crap out of those muppets in charge of the rope safety?

Hmm, I wonder!

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"First thing I would have done in that situation once I was out of the river?

Hmm, I wonder! "

They weigh you and then use the correct rope with accordance with your weight.. They must of used the rope for a weight lower the idiots.....

over a year ago

wish i had her luck with meets on here!! we saw that in pub, wonder what she mustve felt? Scary

over a year ago

Hmm, I wonder!

They weigh you and then use the correct rope with accordance with your weight.. They must of used the rope for a weight lower the idiots..... "

They've only got the one rope, they just alter the working length in order to gauge the stretch.

It's difficult to say what went wrong without looking at the rope

By *yrdwomanWoman
over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

"about that bungy jumper who jumped 300ft into a crocodile infested river and the bungy chord broke?

She survived it too, bloody lucky girl

I know I thought omg!! She swam with her feet still tied together.... "

Bet that was the fastest 100m ever!

over a year ago

Hmm, I wonder!

They weigh you and then use the correct rope with accordance with your weight.. They must of used the rope for a weight lower the idiots..... "

She was quite a "little" lady too, by the looks of her in the interview. I'd say 8-9st max.

Not much of a meal for the crocs

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Hmm, I wonder!

They weigh you and then use the correct rope with accordance with your weight.. They must of used the rope for a weight lower the idiots.....

They've only got the one rope, they just alter the working length in order to gauge the stretch.

It's difficult to say what went wrong without looking at the rope "

Oh silly me... I thought they used different ropes for different weights. I have a question can heavy people bungee jump?? xx

By *iamondsmiles.Woman
over a year ago

little house on the praire

Hmm, I wonder!

Oh silly me... I thought they used different ropes for different weights. I have a question can heavy people bungee jump?? xx"

Think you have to be 15stone or less i know you do for a sky dive

By *landPeggyCouple
over a year ago

Holland !

There's footage of it over at the bbc website ( most watched/listened ), looks like the connection between the end of the bungy cord and the wires connected to the bridge, um, wasn't the best.

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

Hmm, I wonder!

Oh silly me... I thought they used different ropes for different weights. I have a question can heavy people bungee jump?? xx

Think you have to be 15stone or less i know you do for a sky dive"

I aint bothered as I am never doing one.. I remember going to a fairground and my friends forcing me to go on this ride.. thank god the man said I was too fat to go on... He is next breath he said but utterly gorgeous...

over a year ago

There is a limit for larger people. Sometimes they have to jump from a higher platform, or use a shorter rope.

Have to say that it's been a long time since I had an interest in this, so it might be different now.

I used to work for a testing company and we have tested bungy rope in the past

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

[Removed by poster at 08/01/12 19:55:09]

By *isscheekychopsWoman
over a year ago

"There is a limit for larger people. Sometimes they have to jump from a higher platform, or use a shorter rope.

Have to say that it's been a long time since I had an interest in this, so it might be different now.

I used to work for a testing company and we have tested bungy rope in the past "

Higher platform... not on your nelly. I am so scared of heights and walking down stairs I start to go dizzy... so am I fook going to have a bit of elastic tied to my ankles and jumping off a bridge.....

By *exybabyMan
over a year ago

Canterbury....ish

Hmm, I wonder!

Oh silly me... I thought they used different ropes for different weights. I have a question can heavy people bungee jump?? xx"

A few summers ago a 'top heavy' young lady decided to give bunge jumping a go.

When she jumped and 'bounced back up' she 'bounched' out of her top...poor thing!

Needless to say it made a few of the other ladies waiting for their go to quickly reconsider.

By *ath-N-DelCouple
over a year ago

Glasgow area

You tube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngfIWQkUsak

over a year ago

Whilst it is a good thing that all involved survived - one has to question the sense in paying for the privilage of jumping off of a perfectly good bridge into crocodile infested waters; connected to life, the universe and everything by an elastic cord maintained by people you dont know.

over a year ago

"Whilst it is a good thing that all involved survived - one has to question the sense in paying for the privilage of jumping off of a perfectly good bridge into crocodile infested waters; connected to life, the universe and everything by an elastic cord maintained by people you dont know.

"

That's a good point. I've done a parachute jump and 2 bungee jumps.I saw the fact that there was a small chance I might die as part of the fun. If it goes bandy it's not entirely unexpected

over a year ago

"Whilst it is a good thing that all involved survived - one has to question the sense in paying for the privilage of jumping off of a perfectly good bridge into crocodile infested waters; connected to life, the universe and everything by an elastic cord maintained by people you dont know.

That's a good point. I've done a parachute jump and 2 bungee jumps.I saw the fact that there was a small chance I might die as part of the fun. If it goes bandy it's not entirely unexpected"

Wonder if bareback will give you the same edge?

over a year ago

That's a good point. I've done a parachute jump and 2 bungee jumps.I saw the fact that there was a small chance I might die as part of the fun. If it goes bandy it's not entirely unexpected

Wonder if bareback will give you the same edge? "

lol..shall i rephrase that?...suddenly die

over a year ago

i'm doing a bungee jump in july for Combat stress after watching that i said best take a paddling pool with me to be on the safe side

the weight question i can answer, solo jumpers must be under 18st 9lbs and tandem jumpers must be under a combined weight of 34st

over a year ago

take a look on the youtube link ... that rope is seriously frayed & ragged.

over a year ago

"take a look on the youtube link ... that rope is seriously frayed & ragged."

duly noted will check my rope throughly

over a year ago

Yes one very lucky lady there. Like the op said. Her body looked quite a mess with all the bruising. She'd have been pretty sore nd stiff after that fall. But at least she lived to tell the tale.

over a year ago

I may of dreamt this but was there not a surgically enhanced lady did a bungee and when the rope recoiled it displaced her implants?

over a year ago

Gratefully alive.. I bet shes glad she wore her Hibs 5 - Rangers 0 Tshirt...

Not even the crocs could swallow that...

over a year ago

"i'm doing a bungee jump in july for Combat stress after watching that i said best take a paddling pool with me to be on the safe side

the weight question i can answer, solo jumpers must be under 18st 9lbs and tandem jumpers must be under a combined weight of 34st"

You're going to jump off a stationary platform 300 feet up with just an elastic to save you... to combat stress?

over a year ago

I watched it with gasps of OMG.......and thru hands over face when the newsreader said crocidile infested waters....one very very lucky lady.....

over a year ago

"i'm doing a bungee jump in july for Combat stress after watching that i said best take a paddling pool with me to be on the safe side

the weight question i can answer, solo jumpers must be under 18st 9lbs and tandem jumpers must be under a combined weight of 34st

You're going to jump off a stationary platform 300 feet up with just an elastic to save you... to combat stress? "

its a charity Combat stress for service men and women well worth it although struggling to get enough people to do it as we need 36 willing volunteers to be able to book it by feb first and we are only up to 18 so not looking good going to be gutted if we can't do it

By *odareyouMan
over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

You're going to jump off a stationary platform 300 feet up with just an elastic to save you... to combat stress?

its a charity Combat stress for service men and women well worth it although struggling to get enough people to do it as we need 36 willing volunteers to be able to book it by feb first and we are only up to 18 so not looking good going to be gutted if we can't do it "

I'm sure with the right incentive many a single male would be willing to jump off .....

its for charriddee mayte..

Post new Message to Thread